Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,358 members, 7,940,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (13502 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
True...most people feel ashamed to carry out certain acts (e.g requesting for condoms publicly) not because they feel its bad, but they're scared of what people would say.

Truth is premarital sex always have bad consequences...however if you must engage it in, then use a condom.

So coming from your non-religious view, I feel its much better to avoid conception (usage of condoms etc) than being nonchalant about the whole issue, and trying to terminate it (abortion) when it eventually occurs.

Do you agree?
I do agree. But conception usually doesn't come about through premarital sex.. does it?
In case of pregnancy caused by rape, would you consider abortion?
If the country suddenly goes into war, and things become so terrible that it's difficult to survive, would you consider abortion if your wife's pregnant?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:16am On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
Truth is premarital sex always have bad consequences...
not true. Person can involve in premarital sex as long as 10 years, without pregnancy or bad consequence. It depends on plan, intellect, and luck. Besides, is 'bad' consequence excluding in marital union? NO!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 11:24am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: not true. Person can involve in premarital sex as long as 10 years, without pregnancy or bad consequence. It depends on plan, intellect, and luck. Besides, is 'bad' consequence excluding in marital union? NO!
You're funny....so you feel premarital sex doesn't come with bad consequences right?

One question for you....suppose you find out that your teenage daughter is into premarital sex...as a father, what would be your advice to her?

Would you encourage her to go on, or would you advice her to refrain from such act.

Honest answer please.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
You're funny....so you feel premarital sex doesn't come with bad consequences right?

One question for you....suppose you find out that your teenage daughter is into premarital sex...as a father, what would be your advice to her?

Would you encourage her to go on, or would you advice her to refrain from such act.

Honest answer please.
hmm.. why daughter and not son?

if I find out, I'd buy them condoms...

3 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 11:32am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
I do agree. But conception usually doesn't come about through premarital sex.. does it?
No it doesn't.

musKeeto: In case of pregnancy caused by rape, would you consider abortion?
In a case of raape...I would recommend that the girl be catered for...she has just passed through a very painful and humiliating experience. Why batter her the more by suggesting she aborts a pregnancy?

For God's sake, she has suffered enough...her parents should accept the child and show her unfathomable love and care.

musKeeto: If the country suddenly goes into war, and things become so terrible that it's difficult to survive, would you consider abortion if your wife's pregnant?
From experience, war doesn't just start over night.

So the idea of suddenly is totally out of the question.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 04, 2012
Abortion is not against any natural laws cos an unborn child has no soul. The first breath of oxygen that goes into the lungs activates the chakras and galvanizes the soul at birth. Before birth, a foetus is just an organ and not a living soul.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Kingharzyz(m): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2012
Its considered as a murder in Islam....
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Lordave: 11:36am On Nov 04, 2012
Oh LORD! Can't this atheists make a very good use of their time? Very soon we are going to have atheist revolution in this country.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 11:36am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
hmm.. why daughter and not son?

if I find out, I'd buy them condoms...
Don't try to wriggle yourself out of this...just answer the damn question.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
No it doesn't.

In a case of raape...I would recommend that the girl be catered for...she has just passed through a very painful and humiliating experience. Why batter her the more by suggesting she aborts a pregnancy?

For God's sake, she has suffered enough...he parents should accept the child and show her unfathomable love and care.
Great. Then any consequences should be handled by you. The child is just as likely to be the next Obama, as he's as likely to be the next Hitler.
I would also like to know if you'd hide the kid's history from him.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:37am On Nov 04, 2012
Take an instance of a guy who starts dating a girl, having premarital sex freely and mostly unprotected, with the bid to impregnate the girl, as an opportunistic strategy to lure her into marriage. He later finds out the girl is barren afterall and can't concieve. Would you still condemn such premarital union, just because your irrational religion forbids it? In what way has this union affected the duo negatively? Now, assuming after the guy finds out about her infertility, and dejectedly commits suicide. And 2 months after his demise, the girl miraculously finds out she's been 2 months pregnant, for him. Assuming the girl is a pauper, who had also suffered depression owing to her lover's death, thereby becoming mentally unstable and ill, Would you still suggest she births that bæstard to suffer? And what is in this irrational drive to birth children at all cost? Like I said earlier, it is caveat emptor...let the fûcker beware...fûckers at owners' risk....
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by legalwealth(m): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2012
Only Atheists must make comment.

If you comment,you are an atheist.

I'm not an atheist though.
Is there anyone that want to proove me wrong?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by RedLight1: 11:41am On Nov 04, 2012
so many questions are being directed to atheist lately... does that mean we now have many atheist in nigeria?
if we have many atheist in nigeria... i guess nigerians are now waking up then... that religion is only meant to enslave us and make us think one way and we shall all be free from mental slavery someday

4 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2012
Lordave: Oh LORD! Can't this atheists make a very good use of their time?
lol! Of course, if we aren't making a very good use of our time, you wouldn't find us here. We enjoy opening the eyes of people to reality and the truth.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
Great. Then any consequences should be handled by you. The child is just as likely to be the next Obama, as he's as likely to be the next Hitler.
I would also like to know if you'd hide the kid's history from him.
Don't throw back the question at me...you're meant to answer it.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:

Honest answer please.
i can't advise her to refrain. And why should i? But certainly will educate her about the nitty-gritty of sêx.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by faceit: 11:50am On Nov 04, 2012
inurmind: Actually I think it should be legalised. There's no point keeping what u can't handle.

I watch a lot of documentaries and I have noticed that most serial killers, serial r.a.p.i.s.t.s, multiple criminal offenders and so on, come from homes where they had no fathers and their mothers were not just ready.

So u see, we would save the world and the criminals themselves so much trouble if they never came into it.

Its not just about bringing someone into this world, its also about taking care of their psychological as well as material needs.
i think if u cant handle the consequences of s..x, then dont go into it now. or better still use protection if u dont believe in purity and morality instead of killing God's gifts
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2012
Billyonaire: Abortion is not against any natural laws cos an unborn child has no soul. The first breath of oxygen that goes into the lungs activates the chakras and galvanizes the soul at birth. Before birth, a foetus is just an organ and not a living soul.
good. I said earlier that: A LIFE THAT IS UNCONSCIOUS OF ITSELF DESERVES NOT TO BE CALLED 'A LIFE' BECAUSE IT HAS NO LIFE, THERE IS NO REASON WHATSOVER WHY SUCH CAN NOT BE EXTIRPATED IF THE NEED ARISES.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: i can't advise her to refrain. And why should i? But certainly will educate her about the nitty-gritty of sêx.
So you'd support teenage sex as a father...and would logically advise your daughter to engage in it, provided that she's protected.

Shame on you!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2012
King harzyz: Its considered as a murder in Islam....
mohammad is simply an illiterate!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
So you'd support teenage sex as a father...and would logically advise your daughter to engage in it, provided that she's protected.

Shame on you!
thank you. She's my daughter. That is my burden, not yours.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by trent9002(m): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2012
The woman has 100% freedom to decide what she wants for herself, whether she wants the child or not. An unborn foetus is just a living tissue. Every second, millions of cells die in your body. It's no different
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 11:55am On Nov 04, 2012
Lordave: Very soon we are going to have atheist revolution in this country.
yeah, you feel the beacon. Very soonest!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:56am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: I know a lady(albeit there are many of her kind), she had 5 kids for 5 different men. Very ugly children. She lives a very poor life. Living alone with her mother and the 5 bastærds...all in a one-room apartment. They are extremely religious(xtian). Those 5 ugly bæstards ALWAYS constitute a nuisance in that neighbourhood: like shîtting and pîssing all over the walk ways, barging into other neighbours' homes, eating debris with pride...and all mannerism of juvenile deliquencies. I hear that some people suggested abortion for her at a stage, to avoid the innocent bæstards from suffering, without fathers and a working mother. But she shunned them, said it is a vile abomination in her church. I laughed in anger! So, it's not a worse vilest transgression to go on frivolously sleeping around and carelessly birthing bæstards, who can't even go to school! And to cap it up, an abortion could have been the viable saving grace, if only she had unveiled the irrational lid of her religious ignorance. If I were God, I would rather advise her to abort those shabby bæstards, than allowing them to live and yet I couldn't deliver them from the shambles of impecuniousity and cruelest disgusting life. Religion is really spoiling things big time!

most of what you said are right but i have to disagreed with their being ugly,na so dem see theirselves, grin
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 04, 2012
This thread seeks to know the views of Atheists or pro-atheism on Abortion. Religious extremists should stay off cos people already know your views. An unborn child is has no independent life, has no soul. Its called Foetus, life mode is activated at first breath when oxygen animates the chakras of the body and embedded the spirit-soul connection on the brain. Abortion is not against any natural law.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 11:59am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: thank you. She's my daughter. That is my burden, not yours.
And your burden would be to uneducate her about moral decency and religious standards.

And give her a freedom of choice to live the way she feels.

Wicked father!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by trent9002(m): 11:59am On Nov 04, 2012
Billyonaire: This thread seeks to know the views of Atheists or pro-atheism on Abortion. Religious extremists should stay off cos people already know your views. An unborn child is has no independent life, has no soul. Its called Foetus, life mode is activated at first breath when oxygen animates the chakras of the body and embedded the spirit-soul connection on the brain. Abortion is not against any natural law.
On point.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Alabiojoski(m): 11:59am On Nov 04, 2012
Crazy man, u're really a genius. Me likee
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
trent9002: An unborn baby
I corrected earlier a guy that puts 'unborn child', that only a morøn uses such oxyMORON. It should be an 'unborn foetus'.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by RedLight1: 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: mohammad is simply an illiterate!

grin grin grin
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by trent9002(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
And your burden would be to uneducate her about moral decency and religious standards.

And give her a freedom of choice to live the way she feels.

Wicked father!
And what's wrong with a girl having protected sex?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by trent9002(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: I corrected earlier a guy that puts 'unborn child', that only a morøn uses such oxyMORON. It should be an 'unborn foetus'.
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have Any Of Your Dreams Ever Come To Reality? / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.