Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,359 members, 7,940,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (13503 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Shokoloko(f): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
trent9002:
My pen!s does all of that. My pen!s is just a part of my body. You've made no point

I made a glorious point. Have u been pregnant before?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
Shokoloko:

Regardless, you made no point, just an appeal to emotions. It's also your subjective opinion, you assume all other women would feel the same way. It's a bit insulting for you to force your view on them. You think it isn't an organ? Then it should be able to survive without your blood, etc or any test tubes, incubators etc, no? There's no problem if it's taken out then.

Even if this fetus/baby was some magical being that could grow on its own, each individual woman makes her choice. It's her body, not yours.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
wirinet: This abortion debate has been overflogged on this nairaland religious section, just like tithes, so the arguments are just being recycled.

I have said it again and again that nobody has the right to dictate what a woman does with her body. I mean a young, free and single legal adult woman. It might be painful for the theists to accept but you cannot hold others to your own personal moral prejudices and preferences. As long as she is within the confines of the laws of her society (that is in secular societies).

It is laughable when someone refer to abortion of a baby to murdering of the baby. They need to check their dictionary to learn what it means to abort a process.

Even in commonsense English, when a woman discovers she is pregnant, she say i am going to have a baby, and not i already have a baby. A pregnancy becomes a baby the second it leaves the mothers body and is capable of independent existence. Till then it is an organ like any other organ in her body. And can decide to remove it if she does not want it. She can even decide to remove the whole womb or her breasts if she chooses. It does not affect onlooking strangers in anyway.

Some take the moral high ground of questioning the sexu.al life of others. What is you concern about who others decide to sleep with? As long as it is done within the confines of their private spaces, and the consequences is their to bear and does not affect others, then it is non of your business.

If you decide to wait until your thirties before having se.x, good for you. But someone who decides to do it at the legal age of 21 owes you (or your god) no apologies.
thank u. U just earned my like.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
yunafa: haba, respect the president for he is not our mate pls.
LMAO! You're damn right! He's not our mate indeed. Shio!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
Obinoscopy: Fine! Let abortion be legalised.

However let the woman see an ultrasound image of her baby and hear her baby's heartbeat before signing the abortion authorization papers. If she's human I don't think she'd sign it. If not, then its better the baby don't have a devil for a mum.
sorry, but you're not just good at sarcasm. Keep trying...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
wiegraf:
Turning them into street hawkers, not sending them to school, etc, frankly neglect like these should be criminal offenses...
is the worst of humanitarian evils!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
Shokoloko:

do u rly need to ask this? Someone is not pregnant before does not mean someone does not understand the logic of childbirth. Failed logic there!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2012
wiegraf:

Regardless, you made no point, just an appeal to emotions. It's also your subjective opinion, you assume all other women would feel the same way. It's a bit insulting for you to force your view on them. You think it isn't an organ? Then it should be able to survive without your blood, etc or any test tubes, incubators etc, no? There's no problem if it's taken out then.

Even if this fetus/baby was some magical being that could grow on its own, each individual woman makes her choice. It's her body, not yours.
thank you plenty. Btw, if (un)virgin Mary J had extirpated that bæstard J, she wouldn't have birthed a rogue she couldn't contain. Some abortions are just too overly damn necessary!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Femmymata2(m): 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
I've seen babies and adult that would have wished they were never born. Considering the vanity of life, i wish i was never born to hear and witness the everyday evil of these world. A world that claims my creator commands/orders some humans to annihilate other humans which includes killing of old and young,pregnant and non virgin women,beheadings,plucking of eyes,marrying by force of virgin captives e.t.c. An all knowing God send his son(or himself) to come and die(or commit suicide) so that we can be saved. If i had power like God i would use it more sensibly to stop satan,evil humans,natural disasters,terrible diseases. But all God does is to wait for judgement day when he will throw me and other rebels in hell.pathetic
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
My view as an Atheist cuts across these four areas:

1. The pregnant person should have the right to decide on what to do with the pregnancy.

2. Abortion should be legalized.

3. There should be room for secular views based on people cultures.

4. It should be mostly carried out on violation of the pregnant person privacy. Mostly unwanted pregnancy cases.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by UyiIredia(m): 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
There are orphanages and special homes where mothers who cannot take care of their wards can drop their kids. Abortion should only be considered if the pregnancy is a risk to the mother's life. So far I'm not impressed with the answers atheists have been giving in this topic. Only logicboy's reply seemed reasonable enough.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia: There are orphanages and special homes where mothers who cannot take care of their wards can drop their kids. Abortion should only be considered if the pregnancy is a risk to the mother's life. So far I'm not impressed with the answers atheists have been giving in this topic. Only logicboy's reply seemed reasonable enough.

What about r.ape?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by UyiIredia(m): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

What about r.ape?

Rape isn't an excuse to abort a child who is innocent of the crime.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Rape isn't an excuse to abort a child who is innocent of the crime.

Oh so I see, you are as foolish as this dumbazz politician;

https://www.nairaland.com/1083251/christian-gop-candidate-conception-molestation

So you are the kind of man that will go to a raped woman and tell her that she should keep the pregnancy? Please, I dont want to ever meet you in person.

Evil...heartless...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Anyigala(m): 2:08am On Nov 05, 2012
It is wrong and misleading to think that its only Christians that are against abortion. The case against abortion can be made biologically and socially. It is a scientific fact that life begins at inception. This is not a religious thing,science is just confirming what the bible says. The argument is when or if a mother has the right to kill this living human being in her womb.
Some country think that abortion is illegal from inception to birth, other think that the baby in the womb is not a person and has no legal right therefore can be be killed up until birth. Other countries like UK makes it illegal to have abortion after 24 weeks. Canada and France think its ok to abort up until birth. The implication is that human life has different legal definitions according the geographical space the pregnant woman finds herself.

If life begins at inception, why and who has the right to take that life? Whoever thinks that this is about women's right has got the whole debate wrong and is frankly listen to a lot of political and feminist nonsense. No one is dictating to women what to do with their vag, it is their right to do whatever and give it to who ever they want to give it to. That right does not extend to another living human even if it is in their womb.

People are now aborting their babies for some very sickening reasons: for being a girl, having deformity, down syndrome, or simply for the fact they wanted one child and the woman finds out she is carrying twins.
In UK, annual abortion stands at 180,0000, France is close to 250,000 and USA averages 500,000. In the last 40 years, the number of babies murdered in this three countries alone is topping 70 million.Unsurprising,about 0.001% of all recorded abortions in UK was a result of the woman's health been at risk or due to rape. You see, its a given that sex leads to pregnancy . Why kill the innocent, obvious result of the act when you can eliminate the cause which is random sex. As long a woman is sleeping around when she is not ready to settle down, the inevitable outcome is pregnancy and you cannot call it unwanted. Its like saying that you have unwanted accident when you play on a busy motor way everyday.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by 5much(m): 6:52am On Nov 05, 2012
dis is a sensitive issue nd i find d contributions very interesting.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by elliottibanga(m): 7:59am On Nov 05, 2012
The debate over the legality or morality of abortion is, at its core, a very sexist argument.

I would bet my pen!s that if it were men who got pregnant and had children, we would have more abortion clinics than Mr Biggs fastfood joints and Prostinor (contraceptives) would come in various flavours like vanilla and strawberry. grin
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by personaldomest(f): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Sex is good. Abortion is cheaper than raising a child. If you get pregnant by mistake abort that shit! I had an abortion last month I feel great about it. Thank God I'm an Athiest. *sarcasm*
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
Lord Babs: sorry, but you're not just good at sarcasm. Keep trying...

Thank God you noticed grin
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
personaldomest: Sex is good. Abortion is cheaper than raising a child. If you get pregnant by mistake abort that shit! I had an abortion last month I feel great about it. Thank God I'm an Athiest. *sarcasm*
You are using Atheism as an excuse for you error! Nonsense!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 10:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
all4naija: You are using Atheism as an excuse for you error! Nonsense!

If he's a theist, he's dumber than that
If he's an atheist, you may be misunderstanding him

Or you could know each other, and are being sarcastic yourself, making me the one misunderstanding
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
wiegraf:

If he's a theist, he's dumber than that
If he's an atheist, you may be misunderstanding him

Or you could know each other, and are being sarcastic yourself, making me the one misunderstanding
I would take that on the ground of you no reading the person in question comment prior to my reply.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
all4naija: I would take that on the ground of you no reading the person in question comment prior to my reply.
I did
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
wiegraf:
I did
So, what was he trying to say?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
all4naija: So, what was he trying to say?

He's an atheist it seems, from his post history. He was being *sarcastic*

edit: People assume atheists have no morals (or conscience) simply because they cannot fathom how one could think for himself. This despite the fact that their codes were built by humans as well...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
wiegraf:

He's an atheist it seems, from his post history. He was being *sarcastic*

edit: People assume atheists have no morals (or conscience) simply because they cannot fathom how one could think for himself. This despite the fact that their codes were built by humans as well...
So, what did you now understand from my reply as per the sarcasm?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by wiegraf: 12:06am On Nov 06, 2012
all4naija: So, what did you now understand from my reply as per the sarcasm?

Hmmm, so you were being sarcastic as well?
Then that makes my 3rd assumption correct, yes? You could have just said so earlier.
You do realize there's a lot of stoopid here, yes? It's not exactly easy to tell the trolls, or those using sarcasm to make a point, from the genuinely stoopid.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 06, 2012
wiegraf:

Hmmm, so you were being sarcastic as well?
Then that makes my 3rd assumption correct, yes? You could have just said so earlier.
You do realize there's a lot of stoopid here, yes? It's not exactly easy to tell the trolls, or those using sarcasm to make a point, from the genuinely stoopid.
grin grin grin
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by asdfjklhaha(f): 7:47am On Nov 11, 2012
Abortion is wrong do concive wat u canot raise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have Any Of Your Dreams Ever Come To Reality? / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / What Packaging By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.