Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA (4577 Views)

Christianity Has Become A Crime In Kaduna As El-rufai Wages New War On Churches / Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi / Christianity has Contributed much positively To Mankind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by mylifeisagift(m): 11:18am On Nov 11, 2012
ifeness:

Primitive cave man! When will civilisation catch up with you?
And how do you define civilisation? Į̸̸̨§ it
1.Because it came from the west?
2.Because it embodies some pragmatic nonsensical ideologies phrased as philosophies?
Or simply
BECAUSE IT BEARS DAT INTRINSIC DRIVE TO BETTER D SOCIETY?
You choose
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2012
Classicalman: Logicboy and his atheist tantrums. Let me tell you something: Christianity didnt start in America and certainly will not end there. Jesus says in the Bible that even the gates of hell shall not prevail against his church. I will pray for u atheists to repent and give ur lives to Christ before its too late. I weep for u people because the devil is dragging people to hell daily because of atheism and other sins.

To hell with that jesus said! Why would any right thinking person decide to give their life to someone else? Can you trust me with your bank account details? Stop thinking like a cow!
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
mylifeisagift:
And how do you define civilisation? Į̸̸̨§ it
1.Because it came from the west?
2.Because it embodies some pragmatic nonsensical ideologies phrased as philosophies?
Or simply
BECAUSE IT BEARS DAT INTRINSIC DRIVE TO BETTER D SOCIETY?
You choose

Na civilization did not come from the west. It has always been around.

You do not need anyone to tell you not to judge anyone by his/her race,ethnicity or sexuality.

The fact remains, CHRITIANITY IS DYING
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
It is over for christianity in advanced countries!
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by cyrexx: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03: It is over for christianity in advanced countries!

but religion will sadly continue to flourish in under-developed countries sad

1 Like

Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
cyrexx:

but religion will sadly continue to flourish in under-developed countries sad

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Sadly enough
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Niflheim(m): 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2012
With all the scammers buying private jets and the catholics sleeping with little boys,it was only a matter of time!!!

1 Like

Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by seyibrown(f): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
[size=14pt]Logicboy03 - THE RUMOUR MONGER! grin grin grin grin Olorun ma mu e very soon! grin grin grin grin [/size]
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
seyibrown: [size=14pt]Logicboy03 - THE RUMOUR MONGER! grin grin grin grin Olorun ma mu e very soon! [/size]

1) What rumor?

2) I dont speak yoruba but that sounds like a threat.
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by cyrexx: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) What rumor?

translation, he said God will catch you very soon, i.e. God is out to get you and deal with you.
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Niflheim(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
@logicboy,do not forget that the average christian is a fear mongerer,and one of the ways by which cults(like christianity),can flourish is by appealing to fear.Fear is negative,yet christians will always use it,because they are also negative individuals!!!
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
cyrexx:

translation, he said God will catch you very soon, i.e. God is out out get you and deal with you.

Why do the christians love threats?
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
Niflheim: @logicboy,do not forget that the average christian is a fear mongerer,and one of the ways by which cults(like christianity),can flourish is by appealing to fear.Fear is negative,yet christians will always use it,because they are also negative individuals!!!

How true!
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by cyrexx: 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:
Why do the christians love threats?

LOL

that is their logic....

Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
Pastor Adeboye: Children of Yahweh shout hallelujah !!! I had a vision;the holy spirit says to you all....Buy me a private jet or burn in hell!
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by pastormustwacc: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) What rumor?

He said you might be doomed by the almighty.
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by seyibrown(f): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:
1) What rumor?

Simply means 'God go catch you soon'; and this is in light of your rumour-mongering, this thread and other ones! No threat at all! You've done nothing that deserves me threatening you! You are small fish in the scheme of things, logicboy03. grin grin grin grin What damage can you do to Christ? None at all! grin grin grin grin Don't feel too important! Your threads do not turn xtians away from Christ!
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by biafranbaby(m): 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
WHAT
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by advocate666: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
[size=18pt]WE ARE WINNING!
SATAN RULES
SUCK IT UP NIGGAZZ
[/size]
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by italo: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2012
ifeness:
You do not need anyone to tell you not to judge anyone by his/her race,ethnicity or sexuality.

Adolf Hitler would disagree. What makes you think that you are right and he is wrong?

ifeness: The fact remains, CHRITIANITY IS DYING

DWINDLING, not dying. And what dwindles can flourish again.

What cannot die cannot be "dying."
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 12, 2012
italo:

Adolf Hitler would disagree. What makes you think that you are right and he is wrong?

DWINDLING, not dying. And what dwindles can flourish again.

What cannot die cannot be "dying."

Hitler was a catholic

Religions die.
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by seyibrown(f): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
Logicboy03:
Hitler was a catholic

Religions die.

Yes, religions die! Christ lives! grin grin grin
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
seyibrown:

Yes, religions die! Christ lives! grin grin grin

Christ lives?

Is he an immortal zombie or vampire?

Where is his address?

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

Christ lives?

Is he an immortal zombie or vampire?

Where is his address?

He lives in the heart of the beLIEvers...
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by wiegraf: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
musKeeto:
He lives in the heart of the beLIEvers...

The sad part is most people aren't trolling when they look you in the eye and tell you that.

Where's all the good xtian action these days? I might actually have to go back to work. Or should we invite the muslims for some tea?
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2012
wiegraf:

The sad part is most people aren't trolling when they look you in the eye and tell you that.

Where's all the good xtian action these days? I might actually have to go back to work. Or should we invite the muslims for some tea?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by JeSoul(f): 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
This may come as a surprise (but not to those who actually read the bible)...
christians expect christianity to decline around the globe because this is what the bible actually predicts. So we are not bothered by trends or statistics that we are actually expecting to see - au contraire - it re-affirms the beliefs we already hold as predicted in scripture to be true. A large portion of what is called "christianity" on the global scale is false anyways - so what is happening is merely the seperation of wheat from chaff.

The rise of secularism is neither a threat to our faith nor indication of its efficacy in our personal lives - but rather merely a fulfilment of bible prophecy. So jeer, smirk, jab, scoff & laugh on at its decline brother...we would not expect anything less smiley

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
JeSoul: This may come as a surprise (but not to those who actually read the bible)...
christians expect christianity to decline around the globe because this is what the bible actually predicts. So we are not bothered by trends or statistics that we are actually expecting to see - au contraire - it re-affirms the beliefs we already hold as predicted in scripture to be true. A large portion of what is called "christianity" on the global scale is false anyways - so what is happening is merely the seperation of wheat from chaff.

The rise of secularism is neither a threat to our faith nor indication of its efficacy in our personal lives - but rather merely a fulfilment of bible prophecy. So jeer, smirk, jab, scoff & laugh on at its decline brother...we would not expect anything less smiley

1) Not all christians suscribe to your bible prophecy

2) I read the same bible and the only interpretaion is that the prophecy is talking about the end of the world by rapture not by systematic decline in christianity.

3) Arrogance. The decline of christianity is the end of the world in your belief. Not the decline of laws, morality or other religions.

4) The rise of secularism is neither a threat to our faith nor indication of its efficacy in our personal lives - but rather merely a fulfilment of bible prophecy

Then explain why we see christians crying over gay marriage. We see christians angry at Obama's "unchristian" policies. Why are christians fighting against providing contraception women? Why are christians scared of secularists removing prayers from public schools.

Sorry Jesoul, you know better to come in my thread and not back up your opposing claims. cool
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by wiegraf: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
JeSoul: This may come as a surprise (but not to those who actually read the bible)...

I have this nagging suspicion that from at the very least the dawn of europe's renaissance xtians have been saying this. I'll have to verify that though. Regardless, they predicted the demise of their religion? Considering that all religions of this sort die off (or at least go through phases, zoroastroism(?) for instance has been fairly durable) that's quite the prophetic feat.

I agree with the bold though, it shouldn't bother y'all
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by JeSoul(f): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) Not all christians suscribe to your bible prophecy
2) I read the same bible and the only interpretaion is that the prophecy is talking about the end of the world by rapture no by systematic decline in christianity.
Uhm, not exactly correct here. Its not a matter of 'intepretation', Jesus' words are pretty clear here about what will happen to christians:
Mt 24
Later, as Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples came to him in private and asked, “When will this happen? What will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the world?”

4 Jesus answered:

Don’t let anyone fool you. 5 Many will come and claim to be me. They will say that they are the Messiah, and they will fool many people.

6 You will soon hear about wars and threats of wars, but don’t be afraid. These things will have to happen first, but that isn’t the end. 7 Nations and kingdoms will go to war against each other. People will starve to death, and in some places there will be earthquakes. 8 But this is just the beginning of troubles.

9 You will be arrested, punished, and even killed. Because of me, you will be hated by people of all nations. 10 Many will give up and will betray and hate each other. 11 Many false prophets will come and fool a lot of people. 12 Evil will spread and cause many people to stop loving others. 13 But if you keep on being faithful right to the end, you will be saved. 14 When the good news about the kingdom has been preached all over the world and told to all nations, the end will come.

3) Arrogance. The decline of christianity is the end of the world in your belief. Not the decline of laws, morality or other religions.
No wahala. You have your beliefs, we have ours.

4) The rise of secularism is neither a threat to our faith nor indication of its efficacy in our personal lives - but rather merely a fulfilment of bible prophecy

Then explain why we see christians crying over gay marriage. We see christians angry at Obama's "unchristian" policies. Why are christians fighting against providing contraception women? Why are christians scared of secularists removing prayers from public schools.

Sorry Jesoul, you know better to come in my thread and not back up your opposing claims. cool

As you articulately said at the begining, not everyone will subscribe to my views or method or approach. Humankind is diverse - christianity is made of up human beings - it would be illogical not to expect differences.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by JeSoul(f): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
wiegraf:
I agree with the bold though, it shouldn't bother y'all
Indeed. It doesn't "bother" me at all. Just silently re-affirms what I'm expecting.

I have this nagging suspicion that from at the very least the dawn of europe's renaissance xtians have been saying this. I'll have to verify that though. Regardless, they predicted the demise of their religion? Considering that all religions of this sort die off (or at least go through phases, zoroastroism(?) for instance has been fairly durable) that's quite the prophetic feat.
Well, don't all things tend towards their 'demise'? religious, economic, social systems? it is not unique to religion. (and btw, christian prophecy is only a 'demise' in the worldly sense of the 'organized' "church" - the individual faiths of believers who make up the true church will be ever strong come what may).
Re: Christianity Has Finally Begun To Die In The Last Christian Western Nation! USA by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
JeSoul: Uhm, not exactly correct here. Its not a matter of 'intepretation', Jesus' words are pretty clear here about what will happen to christians:

Lol....I even thought you were talking about the book of revelations for the prophecy!

Anyway, let me debunk you on Jesus Christs prophecy that failed.

JeSoul:
Mt 24
Later, as Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples came to him in private and asked, “When will this happen? What will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the world?”

4 Jesus answered:

Don’t let anyone fool you. 5 Many will come and claim to be me. They will say that they are the Messiah, and they will fool many people.

6 You will soon hear about wars and threats of wars, but don’t be afraid. These things will have to happen first, but that isn’t the end. 7 Nations and kingdoms will go to war against each other. People will starve to death, and in some places there will be earthquakes. 8 But this is just the beginning of troubles.

9 You will be arrested, punished, and even killed. Because of me, you will be hated by people of all nations. 10 Many will give up and will betray and hate each other. 11 Many false prophets will come and fool a lot of people. 12 Evil will spread and cause many people to stop loving others. 13 But if you keep on being faithful right to the end, you will be saved. 14 When the good news about the kingdom has been preached all over the world and told to all nations, the end will come.

1)6 You will soon hear about wars and threats of wars, but don’t be afraid. These things will have to happen first, but that isn’t the end. 7 Nations and kingdoms will go to war against each other. People will starve to death, and in some places there will be earthquakes. 8 But this is just the beginning of troubles.

This the only part of the prophecy that came true. However, any fool could predict this. Earthquakes happen all the time and wars have always been a huge part of human history. At every earthquake since the 60's people have been claiming the end of the world.

2)You will be arrested, punished, and even killed. Because of me, you will be hated by people of all nations. 10 Many will give up and will betray and hate each other. 11 Many false prophets will come and fool a lot of people. 12 Evil will spread and cause many people to stop loving others. 13 But if you keep on being faithful right to the end, you will be saved. 14 When the good news about the kingdom has been preached all over the world and told to all nations, the end will come.[/color]

This is a whole lot of failed prophecies. No one in America is arrested or punished or killed in America just because they are christians. We could even extend that to Europe.

Furthermore, there were alredy false prophets before and after christ. Prophesying that false prophets will come is the equivalent of claiming that it will rain before the world will end. Just a simple calculated prediciton of the obvious.

JeSoul:
As you articulately said at the begining, not everyone will subscribe to my views or method or approach. Humankind is diverse - christianity is made of up human beings - it would be illogical not to expect differences.

There are scientists from all backgrounds, yet they come to a consensus on most issues after reviewing the evidence thoroughly. This doesn happen in christianity

#reason 1,001 not to believe in Christianity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Astrology And Psychic Reading / The Tricks Of Pastor Oyakhilome / Obadiah777, What Exactly Is Your/the Gospel You Believed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.