Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,628 members, 7,914,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:27 AM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (76414 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 11:52am On Mar 09, 2013
[quote author=brokoto] no offence but you de craze?[/quote
No insulting na. I don't want to have to call Cuddle here.

Abeg Onye Oma, edit your post and remove that quote.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hm.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Onyeoma3: 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
Mynd_44: Please don't quote na. It makes the whole thing somehow.

Onye Oma, please edit your comment

Noted...though it has been hidden
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
oyestephen: Lekan might think this is one nightmare or am horror movie...
Hahahahaha! I swear.
I'm scared and at the same time laughing, thinking what must be going on in Lekan's mind. Just when he thought he had seen it all, a woman in white is floating towards him. Hahahahahaha!

Mynd, sorry. I know I should be scared not laughing grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
brokoto: *in PSquares voice* wahala de! You go see danger, danger! Choi! Mynd you try!. Check some spellings though. Like 'tell the tale' not 'tale the tale'.

the young man is an engineer and rather than correct spellings, he concers himself with correct figures...let him be
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
ijebabe:
Hahahahaha! I swear.
I'm scared and at the same time laughing, thinking what must be going on in Lekan's mind. Just when he thought he had seen it all, a woman in white is floating towards him. Hahahahahaha!

Mynd, sorry. I know I should be scared not laughing grin

i for like if say the fire burn im yansh small
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2013
dubem3:
the young man is an engineer and rather than correct spellings, he concers himself with correct figures...let him be
but will it be too much to have correct spellings as well as correct figures? Or are they mutually exclusive?

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
brokoto: but will it be too much to have correct spellings as well as correct figures? Or are they mutually exclusive?

he dint get em all wrong nah
manage it jooor
wrong figures are more drastic failures
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
I thought dubem and ijebabe were making out amidst this chaos!

Mynd, u should have made effort to conclude this tale today, as a birthday gift!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 5:06am On Mar 11, 2013
ayobase: I thought dubem and ijebabe were making out amidst this chaos!

Mynd, u should have made effort to conclude this tale today, as a birthday gift!

if you want something, young man, be brave enough to make clear ur intentions...:-|
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 9:22am On Mar 11, 2013
dubem3:

i for like if say the fire burn im yansh small
grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by UjSizzle(f): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2013
wow impressive!
Will Lekan turn out to be the saviour of the village, probably some miraculous strange turn of events where he's granted some supernatural powers of some sort to fight what he doesn't or wouldn't believe in?? grin
Mynd no let let this guy die oo, he has tales to tell.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2013
uj_sizzle: wow impressive!
Will Lekan turn out to be the saviour of the village, probably some miraculous strange turn of events where he's granted some supernatural powers of some sort to fight what he doesn't or wouldn't believe in?? grin
Mynd no let let this guy die oo, he has tales to tell.

leave the Lekan guy
he should gerrrrrout
we don't want him sef
we have Ojoade and Tunde
those two will suffice
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2013
^No, we need an unbeliever like Lekan around for when explanation is required later on grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Fishoy(f): 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
ijebabe: ^No, we need an unbeliever like Lekan around for when explanation is required later on grin

dats true bt i still tink he shud loose his mind mabe a tiny little bit....gr8 job mynd
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
Guys sorry oooo. I have not had light since saturday ooo
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mynd_44: Guys sorry oooo. I have not had light since saturday ooo
go buy 'I pass my neighbour' na. Shikena!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 6:55am On Mar 12, 2013
dubem3:

if you want something, young man, be brave enough to make clear ur intentions...:-|

LOL....intentionS kwanu!
U pple should stop chasing each other up and down like tom and jerry!
Spill the DAMN thing!
The girl is HAWT sha!
U won't regret u did!

Where is Don8 my paddy of paddies!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 7:59am On Mar 12, 2013
ayobase:

LOL....intentionS kwanu!
U pple should stop chasing each other up and down like tom and jerry!
Spill the DAMN thing!
[B]The girl is HAWT sha![/B]
U won't regret u did!

Where is Don8 my paddy of paddies!

keep trying, gradually u'll get there
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by corrall(f): 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
Na wa o, has the story ended? Mynd where r u na?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
corrall: Na wa o, has the story ended? Mynd where r u na?
I have been having issues with power and now my PC's charger is burnt....I plan on getting a new one 2morrow and start updating as soon as possible
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Lyzbet: 10:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Mynd, l think u need 2 get on d detection club thread. There is stuff goin on bout plagiarism of some works on nairaland on anoda page on facebook.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 2:54am On Mar 15, 2013
For now, all updates are on pause. I felt I owe you peeps an explanation and I will suggest that you follow this link. I can't even think right

https://www.nairaland.com/1225755/plagiarist-loose
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 8:30am On Mar 15, 2013
I saw and left my comment on the thread. Very sad.
I'm sure a solution will be found fast.

PS: ur lucky you haven't been affected yet, it seems ur typos saved you, no one wants to go thru the trouble of correcting them all grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
ijebabe: I saw and left my comment on the thread. Very sad.
I'm sure a solution will be found fast.

PS: ur lucky you haven't been affected yet, it seems ur typos saved you, no one wants to go thru the trouble of correcting them all grin

gringringrin
ijelosy, which one u don write?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
gringrin sharap dia
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 15, 2013
Ok. We understand....
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:10am On Mar 16, 2013
Hi.....

I am extremely sorry for the taking so long to update. It was due to circumstances I cannot control. First there was the electricity issue, immediately that was settled, my Laptop's charger got burnt and I had to get a new onem then there was an issue with plagiarism here.

I am sorry if this has made me look unserious but it was not delibrate but I still accept the blame for it. Anyway, the issues have been sorted out and I am glad to announce that I will start updating again.

I will try to make it up by increasing the frequency and the lenghts of the update if I can but I will also try to make it up to a certain quality....

Updating coming soon
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:17am On Mar 16, 2013
Ifaferanmi looked around the room and did not wonder what he was doing there or howhe got there, rather he wondered why the members just sat stood as though they were all in the same spiritual trip. He could not explain their mood as it was shocking to see them like this; no that they were a cheerful group before but the look on their faces was one of both despair and fear. Some of them had their clothing soaked in blood as some also had different cut and bruises on their body. In the room was several inscriptions onthe wall on which the secrets of the cult itself was written. Those were the secret that binds them and it those words were read outside the walls, death or some consequence of a less savory nature awaited the person or persons who was guilty of bringing the secret to light.

The activities of the cults had been secret andits membership hidden from even the chief. They had a purpose which the villagers had rumors but no one really knew. But among them were to elect a leader for the community and make sure the traditions are kept and this they did by intimidation and threats. They did as they pleased and no one could really stand up to them except of course the person was ready to receive visits from strange creatures in the night. The membership choice of the cult was even more secret as no one knows how new members are chosen. Only a fraction of its members are known to the outside and the rest are kept secret as there is never a guarantee that someone will become a member even though his parent is a member.The cult had rules and its rules are followed without discrepancies.

Where ifaferanmi was brought as far as he is known is there room of power, a place where they come in time of trouble and when they need to gather strength or make an important decision. It was evident from the writings on the walls and the drawings everywhere; there was a pile of skull in one corner of the room and ifaferanmi tried as much as he could not the count because he knew the skulls at some time, belonged to human beings who were alive. He was still lost in his own thoughts when he heard fromone of them say
“What do we do brothers? It is evident that the thing which we have feared for so long has finally happened and what we should be doing is finding a solution and not sit aroundhere as if the king is dead. We need to make a choice and do our best to protect ourselves and the village”

Another voice said:

“He has spoken well but what do we do? All our attempts at unlockingthe secrets had failed and even the prophecy did not help as all it achieved was to tell us what we already know. The day has now gone dark and night falls so there is little to be done anyway but where are the other members? We are missing at least 5 elders including the Apena who is supposed to be leader in times of a wisdom. Bashorun is also missing here and no one knows where to find them or if they had found a way of unlocking the secrets of the hill”

All of a sudden the room got noisy as voice from the members rose at once, each one giving his opinion at the same time so that it created a combination of voices which echoed around the room

Then the old man who brought Ifaferanmi there spoke up:

“You all are right”

When he uttered his first words, the room suddenly grew quiet. It became clear to Ifaferanmi that the old man was respected in this circle and his words carried a lot of weight.

“You all have spoken your fears and opinion but arguing among ourselves will not bring us any closer to the answers we seek, neitherwill it explain the events that is happening around us and it certainly will not tell us the whereabouts of the remaining elders. Right now as we speak, I am the only elder here and I dare say I am sufficient to lead a meeting of this coven and whatever we decide shall be binding”

A voice spoke from among the members; ifaferanmi recognized the voice as that of thebutcher around the market but this time, his face was not the smiling one he was accustomed to when he went to the market but his eyes were darker and his voice more coarse. He wore no trouser or shorts but he just tied a red wrapper around himself.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:21am On Mar 16, 2013
“We have heard you but what are the choices that lie before us right now. We all heard the prophesy and it was one of doom, death and destruction. The correction did not come with the prophesy which is a big blow and there is no way to go ask for answers as I amsure none of us would want to go out there into the open with the strange events that have been happening around. Even if not the event, the fathers of the girls who we took and drew those spirits in would probably have sworn oaths to hunt down the members whose faces they remember from the market and a justice of cutlass and machete will await anyone they find so wise one, what do we do?”

The old man stood in thought at the words of the butcher. He was right and a lot of members agreed with him. There would certainly be a hunt for their heads around the village and that’s if the rocks have stopped raining down from the hill which meant going out was dangerous but staying and doing nothing was also dangerous as no oneknew what would happen next. They were disadvantaged not because of umber but because of information. He thought of how best to arm themselves but none came to himso he threw it opened:

“In light of the present issues, I ask anyone here who has an idea to speak. This is not time to wait for the words of the elders as even those is not forth coming right now, I understand we are confused but I know that if we share ideas, one of us is bound to bringone which is beneficial to us”
One after the other, the old man looked at their faces as it grew quiet, no voice rang outany corner of the room as it was clear no one had anything of value to say or add. They all looked at each other’s face expecting the next man to say something.
If there is one thing Ifaferanmi hated, it was uncomfortable silence, one which is filled with incapacity and shame. The type of silence which happens when people look up to you for an answer and you realize that you can’t provide them with any. He had listened to the old man speak and he thought someone would speak up and proffer a solution but nothing like that happened. Instead they were as quiet as a class of kids wwho can’t provide an answer to their teacher’s question. He felt his stomach turn and he remembered the food he was eating before he was dragged into all this. His house leveled by a single piece of rock also came to his mind and idea crept into his head slowly.

He spoke out only to realize that his voice was shaking, it had lost dept and become as light as that of a little kid due to fear and uncertainty

“We could ask the gods for help.”

He almost did not finish before a voice rose from the room, it was the butcher:

”What makes you think you deserve a right to speak up here Oracle? This meeting is not for your likes and you should keep quiet”

The room broke into another round of arguments as some were in support of him speaking while some thought it was sacrilegefor him to speak in the meeting.

The elder spoke up and as usual, he noise died down:

“Ifaferanmi was brought here by me, not to save his life but because I thought we might need him. he can help search for solutions we seek and need so let’s hear him out”

The oracle continued:

“The gods have never abandoned us and left us even in times when they are angry at us and I am sure that if we call to them, they will bless us with answers and their presence. I still don’t know what the breaking of the rocks mean but from the prophesy which I translated in the market, I can tell that the hill was used as some kind of prison sometime ago to hold someone of something. Whateverit is is male and has a mission of vengeance against the village which it has sworn to take revenge against. We could ask the gods how to fight this thing or appease it so that his anger will pass and he will let us be”

All around the room, there was a silence of agreement and even the butcher nodded I agreement.

“So can you call on the gods from here Oracle?” the elder asked
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:24am On Mar 16, 2013
“I would have preferred to do it in my house where I have my stones of divination but I can try to do so here I will need your help with some peculiar stones and I will need to draw a circle of energy similar to what you built in the market square”

The elder replied,

“If it is divination stones you want, we have more than enough here and as for the circle, we would help you built one and also srenghten it”

About 5 minutes later, a clearing has been made in the room and Ifaferanmi sat in the middle of the room with stones in his hands. He felt the power of the stones in his hands as they were unused and untouched. These were the type of stones he had always lookedfor but never saw and even while holding them and not asking questions, his sight was heightened. He could see far and even up to his house where a huge rock rested in the middle. He could hear screams from the village as a shadow passed through it and wherever the shadow got, people died. His nostrils smelled blood and it made his head turn.

The circle was drawn and the initiates went around it to enchant it as they always do thinking the Oracle was about to call something down into the circle but they were surprised when he himself entered it and said;

“Don’t worry about enchanting it, it is already done”

The old man at first did not understand what Ifaferanmi said but as the Oracle sat down, he noticed that bands of energy appeared onthe chalk used to dram the circle itself, bands almost stronger than any he had seen. He looked to the Oracle and noticed that he did not sit down on the floor, rather, he was floating in mid air, his clothe shone like a bright light and the stones in his hands seemed to have a mind of their own as they did not sit in his palm but floats in his hands and all around him. He heard the oracle say something under his breath, a sort of incantation but in another language and he threw the stones to the ground.

Every other person in the room had kept quiet and focused on the Oracle inside the circle. They had been using stones like that for long and had never seen them so chargedup neither had they seen a circle develop strength on its own before, the stones withinhis hands shone with energy as though they on their had the power to consult even without casting and when the Oracle broughtthem close to his mouth, they came alive, when he threw them, the stones suddenly did the most unexpected thing……………………………….

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Mending Fences (romance) / Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.