Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,229 members, 7,943,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:37 PM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (76633 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by corrall(f): 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
More more...the story gets more intriguing...thumbs up brov...
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2013
brokoto: Ghen ghen! Plenty plenty actors and boss don de for this film Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO . Choi! grin cheesy
grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Ollyfad(f): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
Mynd jst 1 word 4 dis"AWESOME!!!"more pls
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by HerHotness(f): 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
Oga Mynd! Please it's 3days since your last update embarassed
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
Her_Hotness: Oga Mynd! Please it's 3days since your last update embarassed
I just typed an update. Coming soon to upload
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
I just typed an update. Coming soon to upload

I'm waiting for your upload.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:16am On Mar 24, 2013
The man drifted through time and space and did not really know what happened for the time he was knocked out but suddenly, he felt a light hit his eyes. The light came with a strange voice which was humming in some language he understood but her voice was barely audible, perhaps it was his brain which was not working well he thought. Then the light was obstructed by an object, the light seemed to be bright for because he saw the red color of the insides of his eyelids when his eyes were closed. He opened his eyes slowly without thought to what made him loose consciousness. His eyes opened slowly to see a face staring down at him. The face looked female and old and just as he began to grasp the face he remembered the floating woman and his gun. He was without memory of all that had happened prior to the time he entered the room and even after. He did not remember shooting at woman and that she got up and was about to touch him.

His eyes focused on her face and he saw that it was the same face that had tried to touch him which sent him into oblivion. The same face was looking down at him but this time he was elevated. Either that or she was kneeling down in front of him. He blinked wishing it was all a bad dream but when his eyes opened, she was still there looking into him and then suddenly, her face was gone as she moved her head away. The head was replaced with a little bowl which was brought to his head and he heard a voice. The same voice that spoke some words to him before he fainted. But these memories seemed strange like they happened centuries ago

The voice said clearly;

“Can you raise your head? If you can, do that and take this drink. It will help you feel better”

Like a child who was instructed by a nurse, Lekan elevated his head a little and the bowl was brought to his mouth and tilted so a sector was between his lips and a hot burning liquid flowed into his mouth. He triedto tighten his lips so as to stop anymore fromentering but as though the person could readhis mind, she spoke out again;

“You have to drink it all so your mind can focus. It tastes bad I know but you have to drink it”
He parted his lips in obedience once again and more of the liquid flowed in. he felt like vomiting and his throat was burning and his tongue protested the bitter taste of the liquid.The horrid smell went through his air duct to his nose and the smell made his brain twig. He felt his consciousness return at an incredible speed as suddenly, he could not remember what he was doing there but he sat up quickly using his hand to block the bowl from delivering and further.

He looked around and saw that he was in thesame room but he was on a bed. He turned to see who his nurse was but she had turnedaround to place the bowl in another corner. He looked at her and she looked the same was the person who was flying around looked but she looked bent and he began to feel like he had been dreaming.

She bent down to place the bowl on the ground and she turned around saying;

“Your strength will return to you fast. But youwill have to drink some more later. The roots are the best for bringing back the minds of those who are petrified”

Lekan placed his legs on the ground as he wanted to test his legs and see if he would be able to use them in case he needed to run from what had happened previously but it still felt more like a dream. He placed his shoeless feet on the ground and felt the cold floor. Strength came to his legs as he planted them firmly into the ground.

The woman was now looking at him and she said;

“I see you feel strong in your legs. I had to take your shoes off when I was carrying you to the bed; I placed them over there if you need them.”

Pointing in the direction of the door.
"
The cold floor is good for you though. Get more strength into you that way, you need asmuch fresh air as possible."

Lekan smelt something afar as though there was a fire and the smoke smelt fresh. He looked towards her and said;

“What is burning?”

“There is a bush fire; a terrible one and you were running from it when you ran into my house”

He felt his mouth move again;

“I must have fainted as a result of the smoke into my lungs”

The woman came closer to him and asked;

“You need to take in fresh air but unfortunately, the air outside is fouled with smoke from the fire and it will do you no good. You should stay her until morning and you will get your strength back. With any luck,it will rain this night and the fires will stop”

The woman continued;

“Do you remember what happened before the fire? Who started it and how it spread so fast?”

Lekan tried to see how it all happened without luck. His brain was trying its best to help out but it was stuck on some facts. He knew he had seen the woman and she tried to touch him. She had been flying around the room where he now sat on the bed but it was inconceivable. People don’t fly.

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:18am On Mar 24, 2013
“I don’t remember. it is as though today never happened to me as I cannot say what exactly I have done.”

He remembered planning a blast but he did not remember how it went or what sparked the fire. He got off the bed now and walked around the room and a lot of what he saw looked familiar. He ran his hands across the cabinet and he knew he had walked around that room. His memory told him that but the details were lost to him. He knew he walked around when he had his shoes on because the cold floor felt strange and the woman’s look was unnerving. A mental picture of her flying flashed across his mind he rejected it fast. He walked up to where his shoes were and bent down to put them on thinking they will bring some memory back.

He picked them up and as he wore them, his eyes fell on a silver colored object on the floor. It was a gun but it looked too familiar. It was the gun he kept in his office. He was done with the shoes and he picked the gun up. Suddenly he was hit with the weightless memory of everything that had happened. From the blast going wrong to his dead men and the man they met at the rocks. All were arranged in order of occurrence as he pickedthe gun and he raised himself up looking at the old woman who was now standing against the wall.

“I see you now have your memory back” she said smiling at him.
The smile to Lekan looked horrible and scary at the same time as he turned around in a bidto run out of the room since the last time he used his gun, it did not do anything. Besides the gun was useless as it was empty. He held the knob and turned but it did not open. He tried again and no luck and then he heard her voice;

“I don’t know why you are trying to run awayfrom me. If I wanted to hurt you, I would have done that earlier and be done with it. I am sorry if I frightened you earlier but I was not expecting anyone to come inside my house especially with what has been happening around”

Lekan stop struggling with the door and turned around. The woman did not make an attempt to walk to him. she just stood there watching him and smiling, he face was nothing like the one which was floating around earlier but it was her alright. He was speechless but could only mutter;

“What are you? What is happening in this village?”

“I think you already know what I am but as for what is happening, I have no idea and seeing that you are the one who was being chased by flames wearing a face, I was hoping you could answer the second question”

Lekan felt some confidence building inside his as he realized that she was right. If she wanted to hurt him, she would not give him medicine.

“Well son, I won’t ask you to come and sit down as you might still be in fear of me but I will appreciate it if you do not call me a witch to my face. I would like to hear your story on how you were chased by flames though”

Lekan did not move closer to her as he saw her sit while he told her everything that happened that day.

4 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 24, 2013
Oga eh! We need more oooo. Good job!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2013
brokoto: Oga eh! We need more oooo. Good job!
Is that why you could not like it? Nansensetonguetonguetonguetongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by luvmijeje(f): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2013
Beautiful attention to details,Mynd well done.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is that why you could not like it? Nansensetonguetonguetonguetongue
do you know who liked the post? Eh? Nansensetongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
brokoto: do you know who liked the post? Eh? Nansensetongue
When you made that "Oliver Twist" comment, there was no like.

See as I catch you?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
When you made that "Oliver Twist" comment, there was no like.

See as I catch you?
huh? Do you live inside this thread?

#busted grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
brokoto: huh? Do you live inside this thread?

#busted grin
Smh
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by fiolaP(f): 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
interesting
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Smh
tongue update Jo. You should know that my constant comment means I like!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
brokoto: tongue update Jo. You should know that my constant comment means I like!
Come hold my hand na.

Nansensetongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Come hold my hand na.

Nansensetongue
angry I go wound you Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
brokoto: angry I go wound you Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO
I am so afraid...
Smh
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am so afraid...
Smh
nansense!tongue may your head fall off due to your constant head shaking.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
brokoto: nansense!tongue may your head fall off due to your constant head shaking.
I could have banned you for this ooo.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
huh? No be play we de play? I be your fan o. Ejo o. Sorry sir.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:58am On Mar 25, 2013
brokoto: huh? No be play we de play? I be your fan o. Ejo o. Sorry sir.
lol
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 4:37am On Mar 25, 2013
Mynd_44:

...and ur feeling like what?
banner?

u did a nice job
but we want more
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by corrall(f): 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mynd...
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
More please. We want more
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
Coming soon
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
The river took them through the outskirts of the village where the people fetched their drinking water from, before the government took over supply water using pipes and companies started drilling boreholes for their use which they shared with the people.

At the point where the river entered the village, was where the worshipers of the water spirits dwelt and claimed that part of the river for themselves. This, according to them, was where the water was purest and no one was allowed there except on special occasions. After this point is where they drink from and nobody is permitted to wash or do anything else there. Due to health hazards, entering the river was prohibited.

Further downstream was used to bathe and have fun. Here people come to swim and indulge in all sort of activities. People came to the river when the sun was highest to cool off and also pass time with their friends. It was a place where the young and old came together to discuss generally. A little ahead was where clothes were washed as it was not permitted along any other place so as not to contaminate the river. This was where all manner of filth was disposed and the river swept it away. The river along the end was always dirty and murky looking and the bank was always filled with the filth deposited into it. Anyone who observed the river from this spot will think the village is dirty but the water was their exit for waste and they did not really bother about it.

Ojoade and his companions kept moving along the river but slowly now as the spirits mentioned something about the place filled with all sorts of spies. This was the back-end of the village. Ojoade noticed that they had passed through the path leading to where the hill his house sat and did not stop, so he complained to his companions.

The spirits did not stop or talk as they quickened their pace and the maintained a small area. Ojoade noticed a peculiar smell which seemed like the whole forest was burning but he did not see a fire, he could not even see smoke rise from anywhere. The night had crept on them and he could see the hills rise in the back but one was missing. The one which was to be blasted was not there and he assumed that the blast had been carried out. Nothing else seemed out of place as he could even see glimpses of his hill in the distance illuminated by the full moon.

“Tunde should be with his aunt or home sleeping by now” he thought to himself when he noticed that they did not attempt to slow down or stop to head it the direction of the hills.

“Stop. Why are we not stopping and heading to my house? I need to know if my son is alright since you mentioned danger coming to him earlier”.

“We cannot take that path now thunderer” came the voice of the spirit carrying him.

“That path is where the evil that threatens all is” he continued

Ojoade started to grow impatient with them. He could not understand why they chose to speak as though they thought someone or something might be lurking in the shadow of the trees.

“That is the road I want to take. I need to make sure my son is okay”

“If you son is fine, then he will remain fine until we get to him but if he has been harmed, then there is nothing we can do to save him right now. We have to keep to the safe path or else all might be lost”

The spirit which addressed him back at the bank when they met now spoke but still in a low voice.

“We have to make sure our presence is not noticed or there is no point in coming here to do anything. We might not all be able to go and get your son but we can send some of us when we get to the next path to go back and check on him and take him to safety”

The one he fought twenty years ago then flew besides him.

“If it is any consolation, I will go and get him by myself and we will meet up at the location we are going”

The mention of a location then stirred up something else inside Ojoade.

“Where is this location we are going to and what awaits us there”

“We meet up with others who are also concerned with the safety of this village and decide on our next action”

Ojoade was not convinced and while the spirit he rode was still moving, he got down; his hammer in hand and his whole body guarded by the power he had held on to, he raised his hammer up.

“I am going home to see my son, you can try to stop me but it will just lead to a battle right here, but after your oath, I doubt you will try to fight me. You can tell me where we meet or you can come with me but I will see my son first before I go any further.”

The raised hammer caused thick clouds to cover the sky and the moon was hidden from sight. The atmosphere suddenly became charged as a wind blew from inside the forest and the night grew darker.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
“Okay, you can go see your son", their leader said, "but take him with you. At least he can show you where we meet when you have made sure he is safe and you have taken him to somewhere where he will be. But don’t forget, you promised to help us fight this evil and we will ask this promise of you” the spirit said.

“I will go with you. I was there when you first claimed the boy as yours and I will go to make sure he is safe”

Ojoade looked to the familiar enemy which spoke beside him and he felt uneasy. An oath by a spirit cannot be broken but he had doubts about taking the spirit to see Tunde as anything could go wrong at any point.

“I will also go with you, should you need to travel in speed” came the voice of the spirit he had ridden through the rivers on.

The voice of the spirit which Ojoade judged to be their leader said;

“You should hurry and meet us at the conclave at dawn. We have no time to waste” as they kept going leaving the three companions together at the river bank.

They had passed the path that went through the hills and which was the shortest point to his home but the spirits seemed pleased not to pass there.

“Now that we are alone, would you tell me what the evil is” He said as he got back on the spirit in form of the horse.

“In due time, all that is a mystery will be revealed to you, thunderer” The spirit replied

They rode in silence slowly through a different path which would take them through the market and then they can double back to his house but he realized that the smell of fire grew stronger the more they approached the market. All around were pieces of rocks where they were not previously. Ojoade noted these but assumed that it was due to the blast. The forest itself was silent. The plants said nothing no matter how hard he tried to listen to them speak and the wind had no voice in it. It was as if they were all dead. The rocks grew larger as they approached the market itself and then he saw a sight that shocked him.

Just before they got to the market itself the path widens as more people use the road, the plants were cleared more often, he noticed a rather huge rock and underneath it was the lower half of a man. Even in the dark night, he could see the man clearly and he stopped the spirit. He wanted to get down to have a closer look when he saw a similar sight not far ahead of him. This time there was more than one person under the rock and they were all dead. He got off the spirit and walked faster with both of them behind him. He did not look sideways anymore as his sight was fixed on the market itself and when he got through the rocks at the entrance, he saw the terror that had been unleashed there.

Death was everywhere as the mangled bodies of people young and old littered everywhere under different sizes of rocks. They was drag marks all over the floor as it was obvious that some of the rocks landed and rolled to their present location crushing more people but some rocks just stood there.

Ojoade looked behind him towards the hill which was missing and said to himself, “That company will pay for this”

The anger within him grew and sparks of electricity were forming on the hammer in his hand when he heard a faint voice saying

“Your son. Don’t you want to see if he is okay?”

He looked around and realized that although he was angry, this was not the first blast and the company had to have a reason why it went wrong this time. He also realized that the people around him were all dead and there was little he could do to help them so he turned back.

“Let’s head to my house, the road lies ahead”

“We should fly above the road. It will be faster and at this point safer because the roads might be monitored by all manner of things”

Ojoade noticed that flying will take them faster but also the path was not above the hill was blasted. He had hoped he could pass through there and see what caused the destruction.

He saw the spirit change into a large eagle and he got on.

“You should use you powers to bring some clouds which would make the clouds dark and hide us from all”

Minutes later, they landed just a little distance away from his house and they made their way through the trees and Ojoade started calling out his son. The shape shifting spirit told him to keep quiet as the continued their journey and when the tress parted, Ojoade saw what he had feared. In the middles of his house, a huge rock sat bringing its weight on the house, crushing it to the ground. Ojoade ran as fast as his legs could take him hoping that there was a way his son was out of the house before the rock hit the house. He ran around the rock in circles yelling Tunde’s name and hoping against hope that the boy survived.

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
The spirits stood some distance away from the rubble partly in fear that his shouts will draw attention and partly in respect for the grieving man.

Ojoade knelt down in front of where used to be the entrance and he raised his hammer up. A huge bolt of light came rushing down from the clouds to his hammer and the entire hill top was illuminated by the bolt. But in the light, his eyes caught something in the distance. A body lay not at the edge of the hill, not far from the house, and it laid still.

Ojoade ran to the body filled with hope and when he got closer, he realized that it was his son. He first thought Tunde had fainted but when he touched him, the body was cold and stiff as a log. All over his face was blood but there was no wound, he looked closer and saw that the blood had come from every opening on his head, there was remnants of dried blood in his ears, eyes, nostrils and mouth. Ojoade picked him up staggering and screamed.

“Why!!!!!!!”

The spirits still stood afar, watching the man pitifully.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

Mending Fences (romance) / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.