Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,619 members, 7,908,571 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:04 AM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (76383 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2013
brokoto: As Ojoade held his son in his hands, he became filled with rage. The clouds became darker and thunder rumbled in the distance.

The two spirits became petrified and started contemplating whether or not to leave Ojoade to his grief and join up with the other spirits.

Just as they were about to fly away, they heard a tiny sound, too tiny for even Ojoade to hear but since they were spirit beings, they knew what the beat of a living human heart sounded like....

grin over to you oga!

Perfectly imitated!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 11:08am On Apr 02, 2013
Mynd, hope u no go carry HIV before u end this story!

"Are you cute"

Why do I have this feeling that its only Ijebabe that understands this story THE MOST?

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mynd?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
ayobase: Mynd, hope u no go carry HIV before u end this story!

"Are you cute"

Why do I have this feeling that its only Ijebabe that understands this story THE MOST?
Hmmm, do I give that impression? I'm just excited to read the next update
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
ijebabe:
Hmmm, do I give that impression? I'm just excited to read the next update

You sure give that impression. At times you sound like you've watched it as a movie, and your only whiling away your time here with us.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Lol! I'm very visual so when I read its playing out in my head grin
I'm a big fan of Mynd's writing maybe that's why embarassed
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
ijebabe: Lol! I'm very visual so when I read its playing out in my head grin
I'm a big fan of Mynd's writing maybe that's why embarassed

We are all BIG fans.....maybe you are the BIGGEST fan!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by HerHotness(f): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mynd my darling, pls update now! U need to see how u're making my cute face have eye bags *sobs* Plsss! Plsss!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 2:31am On Apr 03, 2013
Her_Hotness: Mynd my darling, pls update now! U need to see how u're making my cute face have eye bags *sobs* Plsss! Plsss!
Oya send me a PM of that cute face......
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Ice4jez(m): 7:17am On Apr 03, 2013
this thread should be moved to romance section as mynd dey use am find woman.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:31am On Apr 03, 2013
Bad belle plenty ooo
gringringringrin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 7:37am On Apr 03, 2013
I hope this story comes to an end before somepple carry belle!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:45am On Apr 03, 2013
ayobase: I hope this story comes to an end before somepple carry belle!
Stop hating
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 12:57am On Apr 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Stop hating

Just update......womEn wrapper!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by rofemiguwa(f): 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mynd please fynsh dis story nau.u have bin writing since january and we have being following since.have u not tormented us enough.please finish it
Or else I will stalk n plague u on every thread I seeyou angry angry I love ur writing anyways kiss
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 11:57am On Apr 07, 2013
Sorry I kept you waiting......
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
Throughout the time he told her his story, he could have swore she did not move. She almost did not blink and did not interrupt him. she just sat down there and listened to him speak for the whole time absorbing the details and even though Lekan sometimes got some parts wrong and went back to correct himself, she did not lose her composure. She did not act as if she was impatient, she just sat down and waited until he finished and when he did, she did not move, not even a blink did Lekan get so he walked closer to her to try to get her attention. He was almost reaching her when she moved her eyes to him and said;

“All you have just said happened within today?”

Lekan nodded in affirmation.

“And you have not told anyone this right?”

“I was chased into your house ma, how couldI have told anyone?”

She turned away from him and said;

“Of your team, which of them can you say is alive? Did you see anyone run along with you?”

Lekan shook his head a bowed it slightly;

“None of them is alive, that’s how much I know. The fire was too much and I was only able to escape by some act of luck”

“There is nothing like luck young man, there is only purpose and when things like this happens, we can only say you were guided towards this place.”

“Guided by who and what?” Lekan replied in confusion

“I simply ran to save my life, I left my team o die and I did not care if they lived or not. I amcoward and when I should have been a leader, I failed them by running?”

“Don’t be dismayed son, a lot of us show signs of cowardice at some point but that does not make us cowards. Don’t you wonder why you did not run somewhere else? You could have headed towards your house or even passed this house completely seeing that this house is not immune to fire but against all that, you came into this place for refuge. Off all your men, you are not the strongest or the fastest runner I can bet, but you outran the flames when all others failed. Those are signs of a larger force at work hereand that force brought you to tell me to prepare”

“Prepare for what? There is a man out there burning everything and killing people without thoughts. What can you do about that?”

“I can do a lot of things but first, I will have toconsult with my sisters wherever they are. They have been unusually quiet this night and I suspected something was wrong but now that I am hearing this, they might also be trying to understand this strange occurrence”

Lekan looked at her thinking either she had lost it or he has. He just told her of lunatic with some mad pyrotechnic skills and she is referring to her sisters.

He heard her voice over his thoughts and he was brought back to the room;

“I have to call to help so I can understand thisa lot more before we know what to do”

To Lekan, that was the best idea he heard since he got up from the bed. He got excited and said;

“You have a phone here right? We can call the Police and have them send some men over here, we will probably need the fire service too to manage the fire and then I need to call my headquarters so I can inform them of the way things have turned out here”

In reply, she smiled at him and got up from the bed. She started walking to the wall opposite Lekan and murmuring some words he could not understand. Slowly, she walked to the wall still talking under her breathe and just as she got to the wall, it broke and the wall itself folded into a door, the door and a knob appeared. She put her hand on the knob and the door opened inward to show aroom. The room seemed to be lit by a strangered light but it looked more like it was glowing than it was lit. The was about to enter when she stopped and looked back towards Lekan and said;

“Are you coming?”

The curious part of Lekan wanted to say yes so he could see more of the room but some other part of him scream no. If there was something he was sure of, it was that there the room he was in was all that the building was about, the wall that just turned into the door did not exist previously and it suddenly showed up from nowhere. He began to think he was dreaming more or that she the concoction she gave him to drink was filled with something other than medicinal drugs.
She spoke to him again;

“We really don’t have time to waste, come with me”

At this, he followed her reluctantly, taking onestep at a time. She walked into the room before him and immediately she walked in, she was transform from the old woman into a younger version of her. She had become somewhat beautiful; her hair which looked horrible gained color and texture and fell down to her shoulders while her clothes became a robe which seemed to look like her skin that clothes. She spoke some words to him and it took him time to make it out her voice this time was different from what he knew it to be. It had a certain echo to it as it more than one person spoke at one and the voice said;

“Step away from the door, it has to be closed or we don’t know what might go out or come in”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:07pm On Apr 07, 2013
He walked further inside the room and felt all the hair on his body stand out of a kind of fear he never knew could exist within him. The room was lit not by a bulb but a strange rock stood in one corner floating in mid air and that produced a certain glow within it; that light illuminated the whole room with a touch of red that was unearthly. Items were placed all around the room in different positions, a cloth was tied around the walls like a curtain and the place seemed not to have a window but for some reason, he felt cold fresh air on his skin. The smell of smoke which was prevalent in the other room was gone and replaced by sweet smelling incense.

He looked above him and saw a drawing that he could not make out as they seemed to move just when he was above to describe them inside his head and then they took a new shape but just when the shape started making sense, they moved again. In the four corners of the room where statues which carried earthen bowls on their heads. He had seen statues like that before when he studiedthe culture of the old Oyo state. The statue were said to protect the room and its inhabitants from even being seen. They makethe room disappear only to be seen by the owner of the room only. He opened his mouth to ask the woman a question by he closed his mouth when he could not move his lips.

She turned to him and her saw her eyes glowed with the same light from the rock. Her skin had turn white and her face was almost hidden in the light coming from her eyes. She said;

“Stay where you are and don’t make a sound.Whatever happens, you are not to speak and do not be afraid, there is really nothing to be afraid of here except yourself”

He wanted to ask her what she meant but decided against it. He walked backwards until he got to the wall behind him and he rested his back on the wall. The wall had a certain warmth they gave out and it felt good agains this skin.

Then from the roof where the shapes moved he saw something spiral come down; something long and black. The thing was so black the red light almost did not catch it and it came down on the woman’s shoulder as it coiled around it slowly then hesaw one of the ends of the thing some out ashe saw that it was a snake. The snake looked at him with eyes the same color as the woman’s eyes and darted out its tongue at him.

Lekan almost screamed right there if not that he could not find his voice, his blood ran cold within his body as he felt every organ within his stop working. The snake’s head started coming towards him with a greater part of its body around the woman. It came hissing loudly and took a pose that looked like it was going to strike at him and then he heard a voice in his head. The voice spoke like an hissand it was slow;

“You are seeing what you should not see, hearing what you should not and standing where you should not stand. You are mortal, powerless and stink of fear, you have the wretched smell of disbelieve in you and you deserved just one thing. Let me give it to you human, a quick and painless death or would you prefer a long and painful one? The choice is yours”

He was rooted to the ground right there as he saw the snake’s head come closer and just when it was within distance to bite him, he heard the woman’s voice;

“This is not your food, he is a guest; my guest and have I not told you that you cannot feed on humans? You feed on lower animals only. This is not your meal, if you are hungry, I can let you out and you can go find something to eat later but right now, I have a meeting with my sisters. You don’t have to worry about Mila, she is not dangerous, at least as long as I say so”

“Yes my queen” was the reply the snake gave

He heard the snake hiss and went back towards the woman. And it went to the ground and crawled to one of the statues and coiled itself around it.

He saw the woman sit down on the floor and she said in a raised voice;

“Sisters, I call on you. The night is dark and reports of events have been brought to my door and someone of unknown strength have been said to have killed people within our space, come now and let’s see what we know about this”

Suddenly, Lekan saw 5 women appear out of nowhere and they took their seat beside the woman, the space in the room seemed to have increased as there did not seem to be space to accommodate this type of congregation before now. Then the women started talking

One said; “Good evening mother, I heard there was a blast in those rocks and as a result, the rock responded with fire and also threw rocks at those who tried to blast it”

“Another said, the Ogboni also had a consultation in the market square today. Theywere looking for certain answers but were interrupted by the rocks falling from the skies. What does it signify?”

The old woman said:

“I don’t know what is happening but where are the remaining members? We are 5 short. Why did they choose to neglect my call?”
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
The women looked at one another without answers to her questions when the voice off Mila came around the room in the usual hiss

“The gathering has been called and the initiates who are alive answered. Dead sisters cannot answer your call my queen. Some were burnt to death, some were smashed by falling rocks and one was pursued by a bat spirit and killed because they were seen as a threat.You all are threats and they are talking about coming for you my queen and your remaining sisters. Come they will and fast too”

They all looked towards the snake as the woman asked;

“And I am sure you know all these because you called them but who would dare declare war on my sisters?”

The snake did not reply, it just coiled there hissing and coiling itself around the statue more

“ Answer me Mila”

”The killer is not known to you my queen. He is the same one who chased the human here and it is he who killed the boy you call nephew. He has declared war on everyone in the village and promised to kill everyone. That’s why your sisters are missing and that’swhy he fled”

The woman felt her heart sank for two reasons, first was the death of her sisters, Mila can connect with the outside world even while she is in the room and knows everything that happens so it could not be wrong and then the news of Babatunde’s death was a blow to her; not because his father asked her to watch him but because her late leader told her to as a dying wish. She had failed to protect her sisters and also failed to keep a promise she made years ago and she felt her anger rise with her anguish and she got to her feet and looked back at Lekan;

“What do you know of this man you saw at the hills? What did he look like and what did he say?”

Lekan was compelled to speak and the sight of the old woman scared him more than the snake, her face was now the same color with her eyes and her hands was getting brighter as she spoke.
He repeated all that happened at the hill to her and he heard he tell her sisters even as she faced him;

“Sisters, you should go home, get some food and wear your garments, at dawn we do what has never been done. We do what people never think is possible. At dawn, we walk under the sun and bring justice to whoever it is that did this.”

one after the other, the sisters disappeared and when the last one was about to go she said one thing before Lekan drifted away into oblivion again

“Even the gods can’t save the person who declares war on the sisters”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
The elder looked around him and allowed himself take a deep breath before he screamed;

“Be gone you spirits else you stare into the darkness which you so fear”

He himself was transformed. He remained human but he was covered with all sorts of amulets and his staff came to his hand. He looked around and saw that a lot of his followers had done the same thing waiting for him to take the first.

The elder held his staff in front of him pointing it to the spirit in front of him as he stood above Ifaferanmi’s body. He did not know the reason why the spirits were there but he did not want to take any chances. He had lost enough men that day and he was in no mood to lose any more. They could be here to take vengeance due to the capture of their kind for a long time for all he knows as no spirit has ever ventured into their coven. Itwas always a place they feared and thus avoided. But looking around him, it seemed all the spirits around had come there at once and their faces said just one thing; they were in the mood for a fight. Within himself, a thought ran and told him there was no way he could fight against them but he could not just bow to these beings or else he and his coven would be in trouble.

A voice came from one of the spirits which said;

“Put your weapons down, we are not here to fight you.”

“Then why are you here?” Was the reply that came from the elder. His voice had venom in them and his muscles showed on his arms ashe held on to his staff.

“We are here for the same reason you are. The village is under attack and we are here tofight”

The elder did not understand this. The spirits were not creature which bothered themselves with the affairs of humans except the families they were bound to so how could it be that they were fighting? He said;

“This is a trick. Why should you fight with us. Why should you care what happens to us andwhat we do about it? You are her for revengeon your kind and I assure you, you will not find that here today. Instead you will meet your destruction”

The spirit replied;

“We also live in this village and whatever happens to it affects us. A lot of us are tied to a family and those families are threatened by the same evil that threatens to destroy you and your brethren so you need not fear. You have suffered losses and so have we, but I don’t see why we cannot combine strength and for the first time fight for survive before the avenger takes us one after the other”

The elder saw the truth in what the spirit saidand he lowered his staff saying;

“What is your plan? You would not come here without one”

“We plan to attack him at dawn if you would be ready by then”

The elder took a long breath and thought of it and said;

“We are taking a different path”

“And what path is that old man?” the spirit asked

“We want to talk of peace with the one doing all this and see if we can end this without fighting at all. We intend to go to him at dawn and try to reason with him”

The spirit went closer to the elder and was standing while their faces were at the same level and asked;

“And what if that fails?”

“We are also going there prepared for war so if peace fails, then we turn the coat around and fight for the survival of our people”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
Your trip from the collaboration thread down here was fast. And with three updates sef. Bros well done joor
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
j-slimz:
Your trip from the collaboration thread down here was fast. And with three updates sef. Bros well done joor
Actualy, 4 updates......
:ptonguetongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
I scrolled down only to find I have come to the end. Aargh! Mynd please try and finish this soon.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by fiolaP(f): 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
u never dissappoint,whenever u update
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2013
ijebabe: I scrolled down only to find I have come to the end. Aargh! Mynd please try and finish this soon.
I want it over soon too. Then it is bye bye to storiestonguetonguetongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2013
fiolaP: u never dissappoint,whenever u update
I try not to dissappoint
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
Mynd_44:
I want it over soon too. Then it is bye bye to storiestonguetonguetongue
Lol, giving up so soon?
Don't try it, there's still Burning Cold grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
ijebabe:
Lol, giving up so soon?
Don't try it, there's still Burning Cold grin
I am so of of tune with that one, I don't know what I will do.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2013
Better start knowing now tongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2013
ijebabe: Better start knowing now tongue
I am dead serious
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ayobase(m): 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
4 updates, and u r done?
Brb to read through!

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story... / Mending Fences (romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.