Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:04 PM

Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? (21316 Views)

Poll: Yes or no?

Yes: 75% (78 votes)
No: 25% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Miss Stephanie Adaralegbe / Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man / Can a Black man Be Racist Towards Fellow Blacks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by oziomatv(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
Adanne okwu na akpata okwu
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by oziomatv(m): 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2008
Bia Romeo
Kedu ihe imere nwoke ofe mma nu oji na achu gi ka egbe si achu okuko?
Ijego bie nwunye ya?
ndi spanish ana emeka tinyekwere umu nwanyi holand na eke ka kezaia.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by tpia: 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2008
nwando:

when did we move from yvsck,a happily married woman who happens to be non Nigerian to Leilah and the beast grin

as you must have observed, people moved on to various other issues here, including preventing igbo bashing on this thread.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2008
oziomatv:

are you trying to tell me that every missunderstanding that take place in your matrimonial home should be tabled in front of unknown invissible creatures in which you get some animalistic advice from town never do well people, then come back and expect a merit award from the same people? that's why I love my IGBOWOMEN not that we Igbomen are damm good but they tend to be homely and cultural and secretive.
They only come out to very intimate friends to sick for advice that relate to their family.

Leilah doesn't deserve that from a man he called her husband but it left for her to stand firm in front of that bastard (if proved) and say , boy enough of these trash and you have to behave yourself. Onething women has to bear in mind is if you don't make yourself clear to men they'll not understand and respect who you are.

In case you have forgotten, leilah is white. She's not Nigerian or African. Most Africans believe in keeping matromonial problems a secret, white people have no problem telling whoemever all in the hope of getting advice so stop comparing her to us. Just because mentioning all that is happening doesnt mean it';s not true, it just means she is from a completely different culture from us

As for standing firm, the girl obviously has shattered esteem, was forced into marriage to an Imam now to some brute for over 3 years and let's not forget she was raised in Islam for the most part where women are NOT allowed to "stand firm", Im assuming the teachings are what is stopping her for respecting herself and moving on.

Trying to dismiss her situation because her husband is Igbo is pathetic. No one had a problem believing shapey's story or the others around here so why is hers so out of the ordinary. Like I said, there are men that have no problem disfiguring their wives and these men exist in Nigeria, being in denial isnt gonna change anything
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Play(m): 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

In case you have forgotten, leilah is white. She's not Nigerian or African. Most Africans believe in keeping matromonial problems a secret, white people have no problem telling whoemever all in the hope of getting advice so stop comparing her to us. Just because mentioning all that is happening doesnt mean it';s not true, it just means she is from a completely different culture from us

As for standing firm, the girl obviously has shattered esteem, was forced into marriage to an Imam now to some brute for over 3 years and let's not forget she was raised in The Great Religion for the most part where women are NOT allowed to "stand firm", I'm assuming the teachings are what is stopping her for respecting herself and moving on.

Leilah is white? How did she then get forced into a marriage and how come she was brought up a Mu.slim?If she was white,it makes it even more ridiculous that she tolerates her husband's shenanigans.Her supine behavior is the sort of nonsense you would expect from African women not whites.

Trying to dismiss her situation because her husband is Igbo is pathetic. No one had a problem believing shapey's story or the others around here so why is hers so out of the ordinary.

You know that is a lie
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2008
$Play, she's half Irish and her father was Jordian Arab. Considering she's still somewhat in the I-s-l-a-m-i-c faith, I believe that has alot to do with her mentality

Lmao @ that's a lie, you and Ritchie are the only ones that didnt/don't believe that situation, Ritchie sef believed it til the husband came knocking on Nairaland.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 4Play(m): 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

$Play, she's half Irish and her father was Jordian Arab. Considering she's still somewh in the Great Religious faith, I believe that has alot to do with her mentality

If her dad is Arab,she is no more white than Obama grin I don't know anyone with an Arab father that calls themselves whites. grin

Now,if she is half-Arab and still a Mu.slim,her story sounds even more bizarre.Since when did Arab Mu.slim women come to internet forums to tell us their hubby stuck a deek into their rear canal?She even has a purported picture of herself.

It wasn't only Richy and I,many people didn't believe that story and didn't bother to post.The odd thing is that Shapey's story is more credible than Leilah's Arabian Tales.You may believe it but there are a good many people that find Leilah a fabulist
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by oziomatv(m): 7:55pm On Feb 15, 2008
@ D-reloaded
              From the depth of my heart I do sympathize with the poor girl irrespective of the so called shameless doggy dog man who out of a mistake fall into the same tribe that has it's dignity dated right back from the origin of man on earth.
My point is not that her case should be brush aside like fowl case, but she should start knowing her right since she no longer swim inside that primitive culture that degrade women and subject them into marital slavery.
Ireland is not Africa neither middle east where submissive to death is the beginning of a woman's wisdom.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2008
pahtahkee:

More like the igwetic idiot assuming his rightful position again. grin

I know you are craving for my attention foolish idiot, but i will give it to you right down where it hurts and don't go about calling seun when i will start with you. Ghost
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2008
oziomatv:

Bia Romeo
Kedu ihe imere nwoke ofe mma nu oji na achu gi ka egbe si achu okuko?
Ijego bie nwunye ya?
ndi spanish ana emeka tinyekwere umu nwanyi holand na eke ka kezaia.

OHH boy!! see me see that failure of a man ohh. He needs my attention but i will carve out little time for him in Nairaland if he wants
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2008
4 Play:

If her dad is Arab,she is no more white than Obama grin I don't know anyone with an Arab father that calls themselves whites. grin

Now,if she is half-Arab and still a Mu.slim,her story sounds even more bizarre.Since when did Arab Mu.slim women come to internet forums to tell us their hubby stuck a deek into their rear canal?She even has a purported picture of herself.

Dude, keep up with Leilah!  tongue She has some posts on the religion forum as well asking a few questions about The Great Religion. I believe she's not too much into it as she was before and since this husband of hers is Catholic but still I think the teachings of total submission are still there and all which is why she taking on this crap

I call her white because she's half Arab. sue me  tongue

There really isnt any surprising about her story to me, she could be lying. you're right but I think people only want to believe that because they don't want to believe that a man of their tribe can be possible of such.

At least you can cut off a penis that's trying to force itself into the back, what can you do about acid burns on the face?
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by romeo(m): 8:33pm On Feb 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

There really isnt any surprising about her story to me, she could be lying. you're right but I think people only want to believe that because they don't want to believe that a man of their tribe can be possible of such.

At least you can cut off a privates that's trying to force itself into the back, what can you do about acid burns on the face?

I think you're wrong about that
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2008
I think Im right.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by RDynamite(f): 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2008
I shouldn't have replied on this thread grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2008
nwando:

when did we move from yvsck,a happily married woman who happens to be non Nigerian to Leilah and the beast grin

the happily married woman story painted a tribe too good for nairaland. the other story brings out the color nairaland loves. what romeo wanted to prevent/predict is about to happen.

my final analysis is that this is a thread that went so unusually friendly to the igbos that somehow it was not very acceptable and someone had to cash in on a point to change the topic and attempt to bring in some levels of igbobashing. gradually.
i think they are making progress. cool

but by the way, a woman in europe, who has her papers, who is educated, with a white mother, to tolerate domestic violence for 3yrs(if i'm not mistaken__even for i week) is preposterous(hmmn, i sabi grammer o)

so i repeat, everywoman gets the husband she deserves.

i guess none of the ladies i "see" in nairaland can put up with such a man and can do better than come to cry in nairaland.  cool
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2008
Lol typical to use a random thread for your woes.

No be Mamaput, an IGBO woman that even mentioned the whole Leilah business? Infact she's the only one that argued with the OP and we all begged her to leave ysckv alone

Abeg, take your paranoid whining else where, bloody hypocrites.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by RDynamite(f): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2008
otele:

i guess none of the ladies i "see" in nairaland can put up with such a man and can do better than come to cry in nairaland. cool

Don't you deserve a candy ? tongue
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2008
R-Dy kiss
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by RDynamite(f): 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

R-Dy kiss

Feel u darlin wink kiss
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2008
make una dey there de kiss una selves . . olori burutu grin

mamaput has issues with her history.
when i say igbobashing it doesnt necessarily mean that it is done by non-igbos. mamaput is a confirmed psycho grin no tell am o.
but this thread started to derail towards igbobashing.
you know it's true tongue
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2008
by the way,
those ya FIFA approved . . lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by RDynamite(f): 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2008
Otolo, can u now shut it? You behaving rather stupidly.

Ibo bashin or not, you guys always look for what to hold on to and make a big deal outta rubbish. Romeo, all thanks to you.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2008
na you de make bullshit our of rubbish. i had to go reading this thread and it was just a simple expression of his opinion and it became an issue that derailed a whole thread. why was his opinion a point of emphasis. why wasnt it ignored if you did not agree with it.

a lot of peeps didnt agree with it but they ignored it and went ahead until someposter(s) started hammering on it to change a smooth thread, heating it up. cool

now you feel like abusing me

go ahead tongue oloro burutiu
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 10:13pm On Feb 15, 2008
My friend, stop embarrassing yourself with your pitiful attempt at Yoruba.

The hell is an burutiu? Omo ale ni e sha embarassed

when i say igbobashing it doesnt necessarily mean that it is done by non-igbos

Where is the Igbo bashing? I asked you to quote a few comments for me and you ran behind romeo's wrapper. Dey go jo.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2008
D-reloaded:

Dey go jo.

i no de go jo. come pursue me tongue

D-reloaded:

The hell is an burutiu? Omo ale ni e sha embarassed

wetin be dis? na prayer? grin abi na love song grin grin grin

ehee, that ya . . . . . lipsrsealed . . grin eeee grin grin grin grin

abeg no vex, wetin you reload for ya chest? grin grin grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by RDynamite(f): 10:21pm On Feb 15, 2008
otele:

it became an issue that derailed a whole thread.

All thanks to you too, Mr Otolo
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2008
Opolo is more like it

I should even send this thread to this "new catch" he's been shouting about town. Olodo
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by RDynamite(f): 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2008
Seriously D, who are all these yau-yau guys on NL? I feel so embarrassed when I read some of their posts grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by otele(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2008

There really isnt any surprising about her story to me, she could be lying. you're right but I think people only want to believe that because they don't want to believe that a man of their tribe can be possible of such

is this not a benign igbobashing. even when not all of us agreed with romeo's opinion.  wink

R-Dynamite:

All thanks to you too, Mr Otolo

yes i agree Mrs Otolo grin

D-reloaded:

Opolo is more like it

I should even send this thread to this "new catch" he's been shouting about town. Olodo

he he he heee stop this joke o. you guys made me destroy the former nigerian girl i was about to hang out with. from the other thread where i over reacted and even went to say some terrible things to the innocent girl. so terrible that i couldnt even go for forgiveness when i realised nairaland issues were never to be taken serious. it took a while to get this girl and for now i'm coming as a very gentle man(which i am cheesy) so leave my rlshp now. this will last at least 2yrs and beyond. i want to give it my all so just leave matter. i even chose this username so that there is no way i can be identified here. so keep out angry
no joke. abeg, instead make i sign out for you angry angry
i dont joke with this girl angry
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by RDynamite(f): 10:32pm On Feb 15, 2008
Dude, I swear you're pathetic grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by Dreloaded(f): 10:45pm On Feb 15, 2008
Lmao look at him getting mad. Oloshi.

What REAL man comes to a silly webboard for relationship advice esp a place like NL and you want to blame us for your failed relationship?

I am gonna EMAIL that girl in a few mins sef so she can know the kind of dodoyo she's dealing with. Rofl grin

is this not a benign igbobashing. even when not all of us agreed with romeo's opinion.

Btw, this time im not even joking. You're an slowpoke. How is that comment "igbobashing", keep crying wolf Hopefully a real one will actually come and tear you apart. Im trying to understand why it's so hard for some people to believe that a guy can be a complete beast and I asked whether it has to do with the fact that they dont want to accept such in their tribes. This goes for any tribe. people in general like being in denial. So dont try to pin no useless Igbo bashing crap on me.

Anyway Im out. R-Dy. kiss ttyl.
Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by pahtahkee: 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2008
romeo:

I know you are craving for my attention foolish idiot, but i will give it to you right down where it hurts and don't go about calling seun when i will start with you. Ghost
Foolish idiot shocked shocked Tautology! You are intellectually redundant!

This is why I do not bother to address you. Waste of space, oxygen and intellect!

You are hereby officially ignored!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

New Igbo Words Being Formed On Igbodefender.com / Why Do Africans Have Foreign Names? / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.