Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries (14243 Views)

Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment / NCC Bans MTN New Tariff Plan Called Truetalk+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by youngboss1(m): 12:54am On Nov 13, 2012
Will also appreciate into the long minutes it take to attend to one when you call CUSTOMER SERVICE [quote author=niyooah]BAN OF ALL PROMOTIONS AND LOTTERIES BY TELECOMMUNICATIONS OPERATORS
The Commission has, in recent times been inundated with several complaints from consumers, Industry Stakeholders against the various promotions offered by Telecommunications Operators.

Consistent with its processes, the Commission has carefully evaluated the complaints received especially against the backdrop of susta
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by OmichaelO: 12:57am On Nov 13, 2012
Which one is intracelluar?? *farts on the thread*
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by GARRIx7(m): 1:02am On Nov 13, 2012
34th... sad
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by RedLight1: 1:21am On Nov 13, 2012
babaowo: Its a matter of time NCC will collect bribe and all will become stories.....

my fear exactly
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by makaveli1(m): 1:32am On Nov 13, 2012
I see nobody here is SMART enuf to understand the fact that MTN is the one behind this ban because they ave Realised dey are about to give away a whopping sum in the value of an aeroplane... Today is the 13TH OF NOVEMBER precisely the day they are supposed to announce the winner and all of a sudden Promos are banned! NCC & MTN don swindle una grin grin

14 Likes

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by packman: 1:55am On Nov 13, 2012
Localamos: good development
THANK GOD SAY YOU NO QUOTE THE WHOLE PAGE 2DAY BUT AFTER THAT WHOLE WRITTIN FROM D OP SO NA ONLY THAT SENTENCE U FIT WRITE WHAT A CALLOUS fELLOW
TO THE TOPIC I SAW MULTILINKS THAT NETWORK STILL THEY EXIST?
ThIS SHUD MAINLY GO TO MTN THEY SHUD EVEN WITHhOLD THEIR LICENCE MTN NA SCAM TERIBLE ONE @ DAT
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by powacon: 2:22am On Nov 13, 2012
NCC should stop deceiving us. We all know that they are making money from all these scams of a promo/lottery. They are in all these. They know winning aeroplanes will not be realistic, that's why they are coming up with a BAN. It's all a well thought out plan by NCC and operators to exploit/extort money from nigerians.So many questions begging for answers.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by bonysmile: 2:36am On Nov 13, 2012
Goodnews at long last.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Habeebpain(m): 3:29am On Nov 13, 2012
correct me if I'm wrong, but which promotion multilinks telcom dey run? Abi I dey doze ni?
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by chikeorji123(m): 3:54am On Nov 13, 2012
After how many years of their scam!! on innocent citizen now their woke up Ncc ni Ncc nu. embarassed embarassed
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by oluwagbami(m): 4:20am On Nov 13, 2012
@OP, before i start singing halleluyah. Can you please provide the authentic link to verify the news?

1 Like

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by stronger: 4:49am On Nov 13, 2012
Oh Darn!! And I really hoped to win the PLANE and sell it to a Pastor or bishop who can afford to buy and maintain it. Shucks!!
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Engineer96(m): 4:49am On Nov 13, 2012
Source please!
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by wengerjay(m): 4:59am On Nov 13, 2012
NCC should be probed forthwth.They seemed to have colluded with all these network providers to defraud pple.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 5:00am On Nov 13, 2012
This is long overdue. But, anyway, NCC should be commended for standing up to these telecom thieving networks in Nigeria. I saw Glo posted on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GloWorld/posts/10151145170388435 announcing the stoppage of:-
1. Made4Life Promo
2. 500% Bonus Promo
3. Triple Instant Bonus Promo and
4. Text4Millions Season 3 Promo.
Dear Customer, in line with NCC directive to all GSM Operators, the following GLO promotional offers have been suspended; Text4Millions Season 3, Triple Instant Bonus, Made for life & 500% usage bonus. Any inconvenience is highly regretted. Rule your world
According to Glo, this is due to the directive of NCC to all telecom companies in Nigeria, but, a visit to their website http://www.gloworld.com/home1.asp?usertype=1 is still displaying all the adverts for these promo. If Glo have truly complied with the directive of NCC, why are they still running the adverts on their website?
By the way, have your network operator post any notice regarding this directive from NCC?
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 5:17am On Nov 13, 2012
niyooah: BAN OF ALL PROMOTIONS AND LOTTERIES BY TELECOMMUNICATIONS OPERATORS
The Commission has, in recent times been inundated with several complaints from consumers, Industry Stakeholders against the various promotions offered by Telecommunications Operators.

Consistent with its processes, the Commission has carefully evaluated the complaints received especially against the backdrop of sustaining the integrity of the networks, the general interest of the consumers, the socio-economic impact of these promotions on Operators and other relevant stakeholders.

The Commission is also mindful of its statutory responsibilities such as; to protect and promote the interest of consumers against unfair practices, promote fair competition in the industry by protecting Operators from misuse of market power and anti-competitive/unfair practices by other Operators.

i. In due regard to the afore-mentioned responsibilities therefore and having observed that these promotions have increased the number of minutes available to subscribers for use within a limited period of time thereby creating congestion in the networks as subscribers try to use up the available minutes within the stipulated time.

ii. That on-net calls were now being offered by Operators at tariffs well below the prevailing inter-connect rates thereby introducing anti-competitive practices and behaviour.

iii. That termination of calls were becoming increasingly difficult from one network to another and overall consumer experience on the networks has become very poor thereby making it extremely difficult for subscribers to make calls successfully.

Consequent upon the above-mentioned, the Commission therefore has banned all promotions by Telecommunications Network Operators as well as lotteries being carried out on such networks. This ban covers all proposed and approved promotions and lotteries on which the Commission has given approval further to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) entered into with the National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC).

This ban is with immediate effect and shall continue to remain in force until such a time as may be determined by the Commission. The Telecom Operators affected by this include the following:

• GLOBACOM LTD
• MTN
• INTERCELLULAR NIG PLC
• VISAFONE COMMS LTD
• ETISALAT
• AIRTEL NETWORKS LTD
• MULTILINKS TELECOMS LTD

The Commission wishes to assure all Telecommunications consumers of its resolve to ensure that the Quality of Service offered across all networks is such that delivers value to the consumers.

Tony Ojobo
Director, Public Affairs

I disagree with NCC on the bolded. To the best of my knowledge, Nigerian telecom operators can afford to offer even 'free' on-net calls, as far as the call originates and terminates within own network. If I may understand NCC on this ground, they are telling us that, on-net calls should 'never' be cheaper than off-net calls. I smell a rat here!

1 Like

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by fortyfeet(m): 5:18am On Nov 13, 2012
PHIPEX: This is a beautiful news, these Telecom firms want to enslave Nigerians in the name of promo. How can MTN promise to give an Aeroplane, what of if it's won by a farmer what will such a person do with an aeroplane? Even if they have an Aeroplane to give an indiividual which I know will cost Billions of Naira, will it not sound better to promise 2 million Nigerians 1 Million naira each and add more value to the society? The other day airtel gave a friend of mine 20k worth of free airtime by 9pm and expects her to use it to call Airtel lines alone before 12 Midnight, what sort of a promo is that?
You have not listened to the airoplane promo very well, it gave an option of 62,000000 if you sure don't need the crash. So, its worth about that and not the billions you are thinking. BTW , when was it you recharged your phone last? A typical Nigerian. Next time don't just watch, listen too. Such is television.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 5:31am On Nov 13, 2012
fortyfeet:
You have not listened to the airoplane promo very well, it gave an option of 62,000000 if you sure don't need the crash. So, its worth about that and not the billions you are thinking. BTW , when was it you recharged your phone last? A typical Nigerian. Next time don't just watch, listen too. Such is television.

If I call you 'olodo' now, you will say I'm insulting you. If he is not recharging his phone according to your thinking, how manage does he post here? Or, is MTN is offering 'FREE' internet browsing?
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by ceejay80s(m): 5:32am On Nov 13, 2012
If its true, then i support ncc, these telecomshits are thieves, the way airtel is sending text msgs to me "answer this question and u could win 2Million naira" its getting out of hand and text cost 100naira and u are not yet sure of how many questions to answer
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by iyaegin: 5:33am On Nov 13, 2012
Ranting of a toothless bulldog as far as am concernd.
Lets see how long before ds decision is rescinded AGAIN.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by RedLight1: 6:19am On Nov 13, 2012
makaveli1: I see nobody here is SMART enuf to understand the fact that MTN is the one behind this ban because they ave Realised dey are about to give away a whopping sum in the value of an aeroplane... Today is the 13TH OF NOVEMBER precisely the day they are supposed to announce the winner and all of a sudden Promos are banned! NCC & MTN don swindle una grin grin
wow.. MTN AND NCC should be bombed by boko haram buh they shouldnt kill anyone! Those bloody thieves
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:19am On Nov 13, 2012
makaveli1: I see nobody here is SMART enuf to understand the fact that MTN is the one behind this ban because they ave Realised dey are about to give away a whopping sum in the value of an aeroplane... Today is the 13TH OF NOVEMBER precisely the day they are supposed to announce the winner and all of a sudden Promos are banned! NCC & MTN don swindle una grin grin

True talk. They are all scammers
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by andyzoga: 6:30am On Nov 13, 2012
Really wish a similar thing can be achieved in d power sector. Kudos to those whom have worked so hard to attain this height. Every1 should work(not talk) in his various endeavors and we'll all get there.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by PHIPEX(m): 6:35am On Nov 13, 2012
fortyfeet:

In you attempt to justify this scam you have failed to realise that this is thesame strategy that 419ners use to get their victims; Recharge with #200 and win an Aeroplane what a wonder grin grin. How come even the Nigeria Consumer Protection Council queried that promo if not to show you that most people see it as a scam. It's few days to the supposed end of the promo and NCC has become so gracious to them by banning it meaning there may never be a winner hence the scam will continue in the future every where you!

So a typical Nigerian does not recharge his phone? that must be a new gospel according to fortyfeet because I wonder who does.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2012
Finally!

Now my Line can get some Fresh Air from "Send an SMS to "whatever number" to win a Private Island in Dubai.

NCC, is that you, finally? cheesy
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by mu2sa2: 6:50am On Nov 13, 2012
So NCC has done what they had secretly intended - ha, remember MTN win-a-plane ruse. Open your eyes naija people: this ban is coming on 13th November 2012, the very date MTN has been deceiving its gullible subscribers it would announce the result of the gigantic hoax of win-a-plane abracadabra. NCC and MTN are playing a nasty game on the people.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by chinnyonwu(m): 6:51am On Nov 13, 2012
Aeroplane don go
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by timjones1(m): 6:54am On Nov 13, 2012
NCC wetin? Shoo? So na now una sabi una work ke? Mu.mu people. So I no go fit win plane again? Find my soui mate nko? Nonsenc.e. As de go give me N600 still no go gree make O use am.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by lumeneng22: 7:05am On Nov 13, 2012
MAYOWAAK: Why is NCC banning when MTN is about to announce its unrealistic winner of Airplane? Yeye pple!
.That is the abrakadabra in it. N64million na joke?
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by mu2sa2: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2012
packman:
THANK GOD SAY YOU NO QUOTE THE WHOLE PAGE 2DAY BUT AFTER THAT WHOLE WRITTIN FROM D OP SO NA ONLY THAT SENTENCE U FIT WRITE WHAT A CALLOUS fELLOW
TO THE TOPIC I SAW MULTILINKS THAT NETWORK STILL THEY EXIST?
ThIS SHUD MAINLY GO TO MTN THEY SHUD EVEN WITHhOLD THEIR LICENCE MTN NA SCAM TERIBLE ONE @ DAT
Multilinks still existing. In fact their service is excellent where available; the only thing is that they dont deceive people like eg MTN, so they dont make noise. Ask anyone using multilinks line for browsing,the network is d fastest in download speed. Their internet subscription is billed per hour of usage with unlimited download offer - far cheaper and more reliable than GSM networks.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by vicholas(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2012
Am also in support of the NCC to ban all the networks in swaping our money with their lies.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by k10: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2012
U sure this is not a big conspiracy between MTN and NCC so MTN can come out and say "sorry guys you can't win an aeroplane cos NCC has banned it".
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Android Phones Under 50,000 Naira In Nigeria / My Infinix Hot Note X551 Gone Mad / How To Get Customer Care Answer Your Call Quickly ( All Network)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.