Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,036 members, 7,906,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:35 PM

NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries (14265 Views)

Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment / NCC Bans MTN New Tariff Plan Called Truetalk+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by bigass(f): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2012
I will miss the 500% recharge promo
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by naptu2: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2012
calaharry: GOOD WORK BAN SUCH FRAUDULENT AND MANIPULATIVE PROMOS, ESPECIALLY THOSE CROOKS THAT SAID YOU "WIN A PRIVATE JET WITH COMMON RECHARGE CARD". WHAT A GAGANTOUS RUBBISH!VERY NON-SENSENSICAL,THEY KEPT ON BANGING OUR EARS WITH THOSE PROVOCATIVE AND NOUSIATING PROMOS! THANK GOD, NOW NCC HAS AWAKEN PLS BAN SUCH PROMOS FOR LIFE IN NIGERIA, THEY ARE PROMOTING FRAUD AND BREEDING FRAUDSTERS IN OUR SOCIETY.
KUDOS NCC!!! HA!!!, CHEEZ!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They never said "win a private jet". Win a plane is not necessarily = to private jet (did you see the plane on tv?).
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by hubreality(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2012
oluwagbami: @OP, before i start singing halleluyah. Can you please provide the authentic link to verify the news?
SECONDED
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by irich21(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2012
Thank God, at long last, but please it should be enforce not just in the media.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by fulfillment2020(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2012
makaveli1: I see nobody here is SMART enuf to understand the fact that MTN is the one behind this ban because they ave Realised dey are about to give away a whopping sum in the value of an aeroplane... Today is the 13TH OF NOVEMBER precisely the day they are supposed to announce the winner and all of a sudden Promos are banned! NCC & MTN don swindle una grin grin
On point, you just took it from my keyboard.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 13, 2012
Chai, so the names of fraudsters have been arranged in order of seniority with Globacom and MTN chasing the top spot.

So what will happen to the Marketing budget and their managers? Omo, no christmas spend awoof? Ok what about CPC
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by lemon111(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2012
Yah i love dat. Up NCC!!.keep it up. Dis nonsense is too much for dis operators. Imagine wining an air plane just by recharging. Etisalat dey dupe people money dis days, after recharging u wouldnt see de money again.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by nzeaji(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2012
Red-Light:
Welcome development. All the money they used in promoting all these fake promos, If they use it to improve their network people will appreciate them more.. Imagine the price of using their network is stuck, internet price is still on the high side. Yet they are coming with stupid promos..

Imagine Win an aeroplane,
win a mansion,
infact win a country..
Small time now dem go tell us to come and win heaven..

If u are a sinner just load 100naira on ur phone and u are now qualified to win heaven/paradise with probably 72 fat-butt hot virgins

Una no go kill me with laff. cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by naptu2: 7:44am On Nov 13, 2012
I hope this means that they'll stop disturbing me with all those useless text messages.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by maskid(m): 7:53am On Nov 13, 2012
proselytizer: 4th to comment. Glory be to Obatala.

go costain roundabout go dance make we si u well
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by eikeem(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2012
Kudos to the NCC on this. Nigerians must learn to focus quality service, and not freebies. What's the essence of having freebies when the service itself is frustrating?

1 Like

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by sunny4life(m): 8:06am On Nov 13, 2012
stephenponti: ahh i ve been robbed of the Airplane i suppose to win from Emptyhen. grin grin grin grin
lol,some fools in Nigeria will still fall for this promo.instead of the telecoms companies to use d promo monies to improve their services,they are busy deceiving people and m.u.gus will fall 4 their trap.The Ncc officials should be flogged for failing in their duty.That is why we worship mony in this country,nobody believes in hardwork;evrybody wants to get rich quick.people way never smell airport 4 their life wan win airoplane.God will deliver this country from this madness.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by knockturnal(m): 8:13am On Nov 13, 2012
MTN: Oga NCC, there is problem o!
NCC: My personal person! How can there b problem when am here?
MTN: The plane we promised our suscribers, we were just jokin o! These people come take am serious,n now d draw is next week!
NCC: Na dat one u dey fear! Just send me megabytes make i download press release. I ll speak grammer n say we don ban all promos! Shikena, problem solved. Shey u still get my account number or make i text am again? I still get 5000 free text.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by sunny4life(m): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2012
When i saw mtn ultimate wonder promo,i knew some f.oo.ls will still fall m.ugu to this trap.Instead of the telecoms companies to use the monies meant for promo to improve on their services,they are busy deceiving Nigerians.The NCC officials should be flogged having failed in their duty.Person way neva smell airport or buy airticket for their life b4 won win airoplane.Nobody believes in hardwork anymore,evryone wants to get rich quick.Its only greedy people that will fall for all these scams called promos.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2012
PHIPEX:

In your attempt to justify this scam you have failed to realise that this is thesame strategy that 419ners use to get their victims; Recharge with #200 and win an Aeroplane what a wonder grin grin. How come even the Nigeria Consumer Protection Council queried that promo if not to show you that most people see it as a scam. It's few days to the supposed end of the promo and NCC has become so gracious to them by banning it meaning there may never be a winner hence the scam will continue in the future every where you!

So a typical Nigerian does not recharge his phone? that must be a new gospel according to fortyfeet because I wonder who does.
Don't mind that slowpoke jor.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 8:27am On Nov 13, 2012
knockturnal: MTN: Oga NCC, there is problem o!
NCC: My personal person! How can there b problem when am here?
MTN: The plane we promised our suscribers, we were just jokin o! These people come take am serious,n now d draw is next week!
NCC: Na dat one u dey fear! Just send me megabytes make i download press release. I ll speak grammer n say we don ban all promos! Shikena, problem solved. Shey u still get my account number or make i text am again? I still get 5000 free text.
No kill me with laff jare. Small time, people in our office for say I don dey kolo-mental.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by SirMethod: 8:29am On Nov 13, 2012
luluosas:

If I call you 'olodo' now, you will say I'm insulting you. If he is not recharging his phone according to your thinking, how manage does he post here? Or, is MTN is offering 'FREE' internet browsing?
may be from d cafe
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2012
bigass: I will miss the 500% recharge promo
As in seriously? I can't believe you just vomited this bullshit. That yeye 500% bonus was a wicked attempts to punished the loyal subscribers by these thieving telecom operators (Glo, MTN, Airtel and Etisalat) because, whatever they give you, they expects you to exhaust it within 24 hours. Was this not wickedness? Must you be forced to make 'unnecessary' calls? Thank God it is over now!
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by shizzle11(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2012
proselytizer: 4th to comment. Glory be to Obatala.

Now this got me ROTFLMAO!

Guy, na only God know who u go thank d day wey u go b first 2 comment
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by get2abbey(m): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2012
I have only one question: who approves all the promo in the 1st place?
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2012
SirMethod:
may be from d cafe
You mean @PHIPEX was in the cyber cafe at 12:14am last night? I can't believe this because, that was the exact time he posted that comment. You can check it below.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by PHIPEX(m): 12:14am
This is a beautiful news, these Telecom firms want to enslave Nigerians in the name of promo. How can MTN promise to give an Aeroplane, what of if it's won by a farmer what will such a person do with an aeroplane? Even if they have an Aeroplane to give an indiividual which I know will cost Billions of Naira, will it not sound better to promise 2 million Nigerians 1 Million naira each and add more value to the society? The other day airtel gave a friend of mine 20k worth of free airtime by 9pm and expects her to use it to call Airtel lines alone before 12 Midnight, what sort of a promo is that?
https://www.nairaland.com/1101003/ncc-bans-all-telcos-promotions#12940855
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by shizzle11(m): 8:46am On Nov 13, 2012
makaveli1: I see nobody here is SMART enuf to understand the fact that MTN is the one behind this ban because they ave Realised dey are about to give away a whopping sum in the value of an aeroplane... Today is the 13TH OF NOVEMBER precisely the day they are supposed to announce the winner and all of a sudden Promos are banned! NCC & MTN don swindle una grin grin

Ɣ☺ΰ are wrong! What †ђξ NCC did is very commendable.

If Ɣ☺ΰ think emptyhen (like someone rightly called them) would have given u an aeroplane...lol, then u are on a long thing. What those scammers would have done is just to extend †ђξ promo deadline by another 3wks so that they will swindle more gullible subscribers like Ɣ☺ΰ.

Infact r u sure u're not on †ђξ bills of 'emptyhen'? I'm suspecting u'oo!
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2012
get2abbey: I have only one question: who approves all the promo in the 1st place?
NCC, NCC and NCC in conjunction with NLRC.
Consequent upon the above-mentioned, the Commission therefore has banned all promotions by Telecommunications Network
Operators as well as lotteries being carried out on such networks. This ban covers all proposed and approved promotions and lotteries on which the Commission has given approval further to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) entered into with the National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC)
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Autolord: 8:50am On Nov 13, 2012
God punish NCC o...why dey no wait till after mtn don give out plane atleast we for see the strategy dem wan use scam us. Anyways imagine a scenario wher I receive call say I don win plane or the 400million naira cash equivalent and dem say dey wudnt give cos of the NCC ban...
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by anintia(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2012
That is really interesting
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Reptyle(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2012
In other breaking news..."MTN Holds draws for its Aloplane Promo today!!!" grin
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2012
Will this ban affect my free 15mb and 10mb weekly from etisalat and mtn respectively?

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by agog: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2012
The NCC should have let the approved promos run out, with close monitoring on their performance especially on the bogus prize of winning an airplane by MTN.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by fingard02k(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2012
jhydebaba: Chai!!! Aeloplane oh cry me don dey drive abi na pilot my aeroplane for dream. cry

better go for deliverance o...Na witch you dey turn to o
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by shyna501: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2012
Better... If dey wnt2 reward their subscribers, let dem reward evrybody equally!!! Like giving evrybdy 5thousand naira recharge card evry month without xpiry date... We really deserve more dan dat!
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Pain(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2012
Una don enter one chance!
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by icerberg(m): 9:57am On Nov 13, 2012
babaowo: Its a matter of time NCC will collect bribe and all will become stories.....

You know what I think? NCC PROBABLY brought this up @ this eleventh hour to help MTN cover up. Because it's just some few moments before they announce they fiticious (arranged) winner of the air plane. Why did NCC not make this ban hitherto? Why is it that it is when MTNN has successfully collected their money from innocent Nigerians with lottery mentality that they have come up with the blah blah blah? I may b wrong but don't b supriced if some give n take n announce n ban chua chua has taken place behind d curtain. God Bless Nigeria. [color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat Accounts / FIFA 17 Mobile Discussion Thread(what You Need To Know) / Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.