Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,112 members, 7,916,247 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:50 PM

NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries (14274 Views)

Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment / NCC Bans MTN New Tariff Plan Called Truetalk+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 9:58am On Nov 13, 2012
Dear Nairalanders, it seems it is 'only' Glo that have the courage to have informed their subscribers about this stoppage of 'all' promotions offered by telecom operators in Nigeria by NCC.
Glo have announced this news across all their social media pages. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GloWorld, Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GloWorld and Twitter https://twitter.com/GlobacomLimited

But, a visit to MTN https://www.facebook.com/MTNLoaded, Etisalat https://www.facebook.com/etisalatng and Airtel https://www.facebook.com/airtelng pages does not have any information at all. What are these thieving MTN, Etisalat and Airtel networks waiting for?

1 Like

Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by nex(m): 10:22am On Nov 13, 2012
I said it about 2 weeks ago that the NCC was working in conjunction with MTN on that aeroplane promo. Now that the prize winner is about to be revealed, the NCC has tactically surfaced to protect their partner MTN from giving out any such prize. THUNDA FAYA DEM!

MTN must give out that plane because the promo has already been concluded. NCC did not ban prize giving, what they banned are promos. Unluckily for MTN their promo is over, so they can't hide behind the NCC. These people have been scamming Nigerians so much that they've even decided to make it as glaring as possible.

Well, I left their network a few months back, and I didn't die. Those of you who are still being used as maga, I say to you: YELLO FOOLS!
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2012
MTN are going ahead to announce the winner of the aeroplane according to their facebook page adverts just now.
COUNTDOWN...

Just few minutes before the winner of the MTN Ultimate Wonder AEROPLANE emerges... and we are wondering who the lucky Nigerian will be?

So charge your phones and expect that call cos' it could be you! cheesy
https://www.facebook.com/MTNLoaded/posts/541746109173135
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by getukudo(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2012
samuelorija218: This will also affect the wow promo by NTN.

To all those whose hope are high on winning the wow aeroplane:... My people will say "owo wogbo or owo jo naa" (money has entered the bush(drain) or money has been burnt).

Hope this our regualtory body will find solution to drop calls, high tarrif, congestation and etc Which are daily occurences of telecoms users in Nigeria.

Lwkmd! 'Congestation'...ℓ☺ℓ
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by vanstanzy(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2012
THANK GOD, AT LEAST NCC HAS WOKEN UP TO THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES. THESE NETWORKS' CONNECTIVITIES WAS REALLY BEGINNING TO BE A PAIN IN THE @SS.
E PAIN ME SHA SAY MTN NO GIVE ME N600 FREE, AND I SPEND MY WHOLE CREDIT YESTERDAY HOPING SAY FREEBIE GO LAND. grin grin grin
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by vanstanzy(m): 11:56am On Nov 13, 2012
nex: I said it about 2 weeks ago that the NCC was working in conjunction with MTN on that aeroplane promo. Now that the prize winner is about to be revealed, the NCC has tactically surfaced to protect their partner MTN from giving out any such prize. THUNDA FAYA DEM!

MTN must give out that plane because the promo has already been concluded. NCC did not ban prize giving, what they banned are promos. Unluckily for MTN their promo is over, so they can't hide behind the NCC. These people have been scamming Nigerians so much that they've even decided to make it as glaring as possible.

Well, I left their network a few months back, and I didn't die. Those of you who are still being used as maga, I say to you: YELLO FOOLS!

THANK GOD FOR U ON UR LEAVING MTN. I WISH I COULD TOO BUT VERY SOON, I DON TIRE FOR THAT EMPTY NETWORK SEF.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by charloski(m): 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
This Guys have eaten out money too much in dis country and still dey dont even give us the very best of what we need....
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
proselytizer: 4th to comment. Glory be to Obatala.

lmao! What is this infantile struggle to comment b4 others...i don't really get it
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
Doz it mean empty hen wont announce the airplane winner again?

Thank you NCC this,chie! See how they won choke us with deceptive promos. They jst make subscribers feel like you r gaining.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Sike(m): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
I don't believe this until i see it.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by bamac(m): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
Opon say MTN stingy dem don join yahoo plus to their stinginess...
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Kx: 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
[size=13pt]NCC,
MTN is flouting your directive on banning all promotions by Telecommunications Network Operators as well as lotteries being carried out on such networks.[/size]

I just just an sms which reads:
:GOOD NEWS FOR FONE NOS 803*******!
'NIGERIA'S GOT TALENT' chose you to participate for N5,000,000 GRAND PRIZE!
Send NGT to 35685 to participate now!
N100/SMS

Received: 12.46.27pm Today
Sender (No Name) 35685
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
MTN call me today say i don win plane o, but say the plane still de under construction, se na stage to put window dem de o, but dem come stop work because of NCC ban, my fellow nairalander make una advice me, i fit sell the plane parts for alaba market? or make i collect my #200 recharge back? Since na bad market,Pls advice
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Engineer96: Source please!
If you no get source for the news, waiting com make am fake? Ok na, see the source from the horses' mouth.

Ban of All Promotions And Lotteries By Telecommunications Operators

PRESS RELEASE

The Commission has, in recent times been inundated with several complaints from consumers, Industry Stakeholders against the various promotions offered by Telecommunications Operators.

Consistent with its processes, the Commission has carefully evaluated the complaints received especially against the backdrop of sustaining the integrity of the networks, the general interest of the consumers, the socio-economic impact of these promotions on Operators and other relevant stakeholders.

The Commission is also mindful of its statutory responsibilities such as; to protect and promote the interest of consumers against unfair practices, promote fair competition in the industry by protecting Operators from misuse of market power and anti-competitive/unfair practices by other Operators.
i. In due regard to the afore-mentioned responsibilities therefore and having observed that these promotions have increased the number of minutes available to subscribers for use within a limited period of time thereby creating congestion in the networks as subscribers try to use up the available minutes within the stipulated time.

ii. That on-net calls were now being offered by Operators at tariffs well below the prevailing inter-connect rates thereby introducing anti-competitive practices and behavior.

iii. That termination of calls were becoming increasingly difficult from one network to another and overall consumer experience on the networks has become very poor thereby making it extremely difficult for subscribers to make calls successfully.

Consequent upon the above-mentioned, the Commission therefore has banned all promotions by Telecommunications Network Operators as well as lotteries being carried out on such networks. This ban covers all proposed and approved promotions and lotteries on which the Commission has given approval further to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) entered into with the National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC).

This ban is with immediate effect and shall continue to remain in force until such a time as may be determined by the Commission. The Telecom Operators affected by this include the following:

• GLOBACOM LTD
• MTN
• INTERCELLULAR NIG PLC
• VISAFONE COMMS LTD
• ETISALAT
• AIRTEL NETWORKS LTD
• MULTILINKS TELECOMS LTD

The Commission wishes to assure all Telecommunications consumers of its resolve to ensure that the Quality of Service offered across all networks is such that delivers value to the consumers.

Tony Ojobo

Director, Public Affairs

http://www.ncc.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1105:ban-of-all-promotions-and-lotteries-by-telecommunications-operators&catid=73:cat-web-publicnotices&Itemid=92
I hope you are now satisfied!
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by kundul: 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
Dey shld 1st giv out dt aeroplane 1st ooh. D thieves don dey hapi now.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Reptyle(m): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
Breaking News!!!!

MTN just announced the winner of the Aeroplane Promo!!!

She is a nursing school student from PH.

Name withheld for security reasons.

Stay tuned to this channel for more news... smiley
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
We are delighted to announce that Miss Ebube Essien-Garricks, a 27 year old student based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has emerged winner of the brand new Cessna 182T AEROPLANE in the MTN Ultimate Wonder Promo which ended today!

When contacted on phone, Ebube said she would prefer the cash equivalent of N64 million. Lucky girl!

More details later...

Congrats Girl
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
From Glo website:
We regret to inform you that, NCC the regulatory authority” for telecoms in Nigeria has directed that all Telecommunication network operators stopped forthwith all promotions and lotteries being carried out on the networks. The ban affects the following promotions offered by Glo: Instant Triple Bonus, Text 4 Millions, Made 4 Life and 500% Bonus Recharge. Management
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
Glo equally sent out text messages today announcing the stoppage of the promos.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by Oceemo(m): 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
Is anybody wise here 2 tink like me ar u nt sure d ban is nt a collab wit Ncc n mtn so dat d wnt bother 2 gv any winner d propose airpland. Do u knw it was supoz 2 b annouce 2day what a coincedence my guys make una tink b4 una d gv NCC credence d ar d major criminal ole.. Nw wey pesin don d enjoy enof tarrif
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by pendusky(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
Mtn Wonder promo winner emerges, 27 year old uniport student prefer N64m cash
https://www.nairaland.com/1102231/mtn-wonder-promo-winner-emerge
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by luluosas(m): 8:45am On Nov 14, 2012
pendusky: Mtn Wonder promo winner emerges, 27 year old uniport student prefer N64m cash
https://www.nairaland.com/1102231/mtn-wonder-promo-winner-emerge
A visit to that thread came with this message:
This topic has been removed or hidden
Yes we nkow, she was announced yesterday but, is N64m compared to the millions MTN is stealing from Nigerians on a daily basis?
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by naptu2: 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by dj5naira(m): 5:04am On Nov 15, 2012
Starcomms excluded.
Re: NCC Bans All Telcos From Promotions And Lotteries by naptu2: 3:19am On Nov 16, 2012
naptu2: @ Eko Hotel @ 5pm on 2nd December, MTN will present the winner of the promo.

There'll also be an international boxing match (think they said for the middle weight world title).

Music stars of the '70s and '80s such as Kool and The Gang, SOS Band and Midnight Starr will perform.

It's a black tie event.

Just heard the advert on radio.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat Accounts / Help Me Nokia Restriction Code / Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.