Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,166 members, 7,919,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 01:17 PM

Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (25102 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by solomonkane(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
Another pastor (name forgoten) lost his life on the Dana plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!

Wow!!! And this poster is a product of a tertiary institution? Nigerian aviation has been horrible for a long time and of the hundreds of pastors who fly every day, how many pastors have died? So the lives of pastors are now worth more than other people right? How many jets are owned by people in the world's richest nations? And to your benighted thinking, private jets don't crash right?

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by azimibraun: 11:49am On Nov 18, 2012
Can a a chatolic Bishop accept a jet as gift?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 18, 2012
Oga, in as much as I have refused to condemn any MOG on whatever he chooses to do with his God given anointing, we cannot be so blind not to read what our saviour Jesus Christ taught us in the Holy Bible which is our guide in Christianity. I hope u still remembered Christ encounter with the Rich Man in the Bible, what He told him? What about peter the fisherman? Again someone asked u, if Christianity is all about wealth display, y did our saviour came through a poor carpenter and not through King Herod?

The men and women of God u mentioned who died in a plane crash has nothing to do with this. If a man of God or woman God so much believes in His or Her God, and know what God can do, He or She shouldn't be afraid to crash cos God can save Him. Our life and security is for God to take care of and not for us to do if truly we are serving the living God.

Jesus was with his disciples in a ship that was about capsizing and the disciples were all shoutingn panicking n Jesus just overlooked them to taste their faith, but when it was time, he spoke to the ocean wave and it stayed calm throughout the journey.

Whether with Dana, Sosoliso or Airforce 1, if Pastor Bimbo time wasn't up, she wouldn't die, only God can save and not our own human security alone. MOG and every other true Christian out there should learn to trust in God and have faith in Him at all time. Our lives all lie in His able hands
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 11:53am On Nov 18, 2012
The church has become as corrupt as the government. Spending the collective wealth for the benefit of only a few. Open your eyes my people. Everything you need to make reasonable decisions is in the Bible. 'By their fruits, you shall know them'.

Anyway sha, if people can join cults that ask them to climb up a mountain and execute themselves, why wont they follow a slick talking pastor that promises them whatever?

New age pastors preach of riches on earth, while Jesus preached of riches in Heaven.

If Christianity was supposed to be a blueprint to become billionaires, the Jews, Arabs and Buddhists would not have more millionaires per capita than Christians.

If you work hard and do the right things and have a little luck, you will become rich regardless of your religion. It is a NATURAL LAW.

Not saying that prayers do not work, but we should pray for our efforts to bear fruit. We should pray for God's grace. Then we should aspire to be like our Lord Jesus. Cause he said his Kingdom was not in this world, if you all remember. we have just a little while on this earth, and people always forget that fact. the average lifespan in Nigeria is 45 years.

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by emmke(m): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2012
Any sane mind disagreeing with Kuka must have been BRAINWASHED beyond redemption. Too bad there too many of them.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by omenka(m): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2012
Who isn't aware most churches today are used by corrupt politicians and other public officials to launder monies? Some of these properties are actualy not owned by these GOs but only bought in their names, to be returned to their rightful owners in due time, most likely after the public spotlight is no longer focused on them... I weep for the Body of Christ..

The emphasis of sermons these days on wealth, finances, cars, et al, is just disgusting.
The other day, a friend of mine invited me to a church. Did go. When it came time for testimonies, out came some lady. Her testimony and the response from the congregation was nothing short of shocking!
...."Always imported these contrabaned goods (*crime*), and paid costoms agents hugely (*bribery*) to let me cross over. Last time I traveled I took the anointing oil blessed by Daddy. I applied it on my goods and myself the day I was to cross. To the glory of God (blasphemy) not a dime was collected from me by costoms that day! Praise the lord!!"
And the congregation rose in thunderous applause!!
Asked my friend if I realy heard what I just heard and he was silent.

Durin the course of the msg, the pastor bragged about the suit he was wearing, that it costs ove a hundred thousand naira, that "lookin good is good bizness"! In response, some pple waved hands in the air, while others claped. Others simply laughed!

That was the first and last time I atended the church (a year ago).

Today, the building of that church is irrecognizable. A gargantuan monument cristened The Terbenacle.. The project took less than 5months to complete.

PS: no exagerations here.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Chidiphilip(m): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2012
I agree wit the bishop 100%!!!! What is the use of having private jet wen the people u are suppose to sheperd are living in provety?? Why not use that same money they used in purchacing that jet to take care of the poor or create employment for the jobless Or are u telling me that these pastors are blind to see the plight of ordinary nigerians? Even their private universities that the poor genourously donate cash to make it a reality,these same people can't not even afford to send their children to school there....well,i rest my case...infact who am i to speak against a man of God?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by solomonkane(m): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303: What is embarassing about owning a private jet? Give this same MOG 4 months and offer him a jet and see if he'll refuse it.

You do know who Matthew Hassan Kukah is and his antecedents don't you? If not, Google it and come back.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by azimibraun: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2012
Any chatolic church member in d land?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by solomonkane(m): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2012
azimibraun: Can a a chatolic Bishop accept a jet as gift?

Who sai? He cannot and if he does, he gets automatically excommunicated.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
Those asking if father Kukah would not take a jet if given one are very foolish.

For your information, not everyone is so motivated by money or wealth on this planet. It is less so in Nigeria, but such people still exist here. An example is the taxi driver that returned millions that he found in his car. Even Okada man that I overpaid by 100 Naira the other day that returned my money.

People return gifts everyday in Nigeria due to personal reasons. I know a woman that returned a car gift cause she did not want to date a guy and she knew she would be compromised by the gift. Even Ribadu returned $15 million.

So are you saying that you will accept any monetary gift regardless of how it sits with your conscience?

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by jamace(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
I agree with Bishop KUKAH.

Today, our MOGs are the righthand men of the thieving politicians. The MOGs help in looting our trasury in the name of connections with thieving politicians. The MOGs knowing fully well that our politicians are not delivering dividends of leadership to the people go about organising prayers for the continued stay of such corrupt politicians in office so that they (MOGs) can continue to enjoy the booty of the office via contracts.

It is really sad that morality has been sacrificed on the alter of "anything goes" prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by mu2sa2: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
father kukah be ready for vitiolic attack from naija pastor worshippers. Father, u even call CAN the praying wing of pdp. Father, u ar saying pastors are engaged in ostentatious display of wealth (like corrupt politicians). d missiles will soon begin to land on kukah for saying d truth.

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
Billyonaire: The churches are supposed to share their revenue and gifts among members, Jesus the Christ, shared the little 2 loaves and 5 fishes amongst the multitudes, and we keep reasoning the miracle part of it without understanding the motive. Church Revenue are not supposed to be exclusive rights of the MOGs, its supposed to be for all. What moral standing does a private jet flying pastor has to admonish the Government on revenue sharing and provision of free amenities to citizens when they can not even help the poor in their churches but they use their excessive wealth to purchase private jets and other luxury automobiles. Lets not forget that churches are not being taxed even when billions of dollars are going through their bank accounts annually, but my business is taxed by the Federal and State governments. Churches are not taxed because they are under the Charity Organization acts & category, but I have not seen a single act of charity by the Churches and their MOGs in Lagos. The Covenant university and other Church owned universities are more expensive than Government universities, their hospitals are more expensive, their restaurants charge exorbitantly, even Olive Oil, Candle and other spiritual ointments, incenses and apparels costs over 40% mark-up on the prices obtainable across the street. The churches are NOT charity organization, they are profit based, and if they are profit based it means they lie to the law, and if they lie and dont pay the government revenue, then it means its theft of supposed revenue accruable to the government, which was supposed to be used to provide amenities to the governed; theft of funds, is fraud. I therefore move an assertion that the church is fraud. And all pastors with private jets should be imprisoned and the private jets seized and liquidated to pay for all taxes they owe. It all starts with the lie that they are charity based, and they end up being most fraudulent. I challenge any pastor to tell me that his church is a charity organization, and I will proof that he is a fraud. There is no single act of charity in the churches, but a system of barter.
100000000likes
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by martyns303(m): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
HYPOCRITES!!! only if all of you were half upright as you portray yourselves here, Nigeria would have been a better place.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by tpapi: 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
av u heard about d governor of taraba state

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by haibe(m): 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
teeo: There is no substance in Kukahs statement, churchs today are blessed because the bible contains secrets to living a life of affluence here on earth and after life in heaven.
Why is it that people always want to assume that the church is poor. The church and its members are not poor. God keeps blessing his people.
Poverty is a state of life also wealth is another state. Those of us who pay our tithe are blessed and can also be a blessing.
If the money used to buy the jet is not your fathers own then shut up.

Why won't Jesus himself buy something so extravagant as a private jet in his time or was he not blessed by God.?

Its painfully obvious how people like you have taken blessings from God to always include riches, if so the the apostles of christ were not blessed right? Cos the last time i researched, i found out they never lived an extravagant life like our pastors in nigeria do.

Now am not saying its not good to be rich but Jesus infact said it will be easier for a camel to enter a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter heaven, you know what that means? Well i think Job understood that well. For a "man of God" to live an extravagant live like building many mansions, buying pvt jets, etc..it kinda mean he isnt even aiming at going to heaven, if he has read his bible well he should understand the perils of riches in this present world.

Once again am not saying christians should not live a comfortable live but that they should avoid extravagance and money mindedness, it can really affect a spiritual journey.

I still wonder why its only nigerian pastors that buy private jets and build many mansions across the world, i have never heard of such from other pastors except nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Originalsly: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
I agree totally and many more should be speaking out. A man MOG should basically be trying to live a life like Jesus did and not that of Cesar... a life of humility and not of accumalating material possessions....render unto Cesar that which belongs to Cesar. Because it was a gift must MOG accept it?... if the gift was 10 hmmm....bosomly strippers should he accept it also? Not that a MOG should live in the slums but is better he did than live in luxury.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ijawkid(m): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2012

So you would prefer pastor bimbo to had acquired a private jet while the rest members of the church board the sosoliso and dana air lines??........

I don't think you guys ever studied the life of Jesus who was always self sacrificing and was ready to lay down his life for his freinds and followers rather than live big at the expense of there sweat.........

Let the MOG's enter public flights or let them even trek just as there members are doing.....that is what a minister is suppose to do......

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303: HYPOCRITES!!! only if all of you were half upright as you portray yourselves here, Nigeria would have been a better place.

Don't know about you, man, but I do try to be upright. Besides, MOGs are to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. Or you dont think so?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by dabrake(m): 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:
"Kukah believes it's an embarrassment". That's his perception and opinion, he's entitled to it. I did read topic, and since am willing to learn I went tru the topic again as u adviced, and my conclusion is that you lack indepth and reasoning. I would appreciate it you would answer my questions now.
if, as a christian, you find lots of fault in Bishop Kukah's message, then I believe you deserved to be caned ruthlessly by a naval personnel.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by skyfall: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:
Am very much willing to learn if u would educate me. I would appreciate you enlighten me if acquisation of properties are wrong, or based on religious grounds it is ethically wrong? Is "embarassing" the actual phrase that should be used?

If you still need someone to explain what the father meant by embarrassment in this context, you either have a low IQ or you're one of those categories of pastors who effectively steal from gullible congregations for their own selfish interests. The Yahoo pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by thelastPope(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2012

Which kind of hope do they give you? Hope of mammon and more mammon? Read matt 6, I Tim 6:3-14. You are playing with eternal damnation my friend. The gospel of greed you are listening to is from the devil, not from God! You are driven by greed and lust for things and you call it hope. You are in deep trouble, both physically and spiritually!

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by afrikanns: 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:
Am very much willing to learn if u would educate me. I would appreciate you enlighten me if acquisation of properties are wrong, or based on religious grounds it is ethically wrong? Is "embarassing" the actual phrase that should be used?

You see am replying you due to the way you ve presented, thanx for ur maturity displayed. Brieflyw

1. Those people donating the jet,are they government officials,if they are i guess you kno where the money would be coming from.
2.The situations of Nigerians and Nigeria (rate of poverty level) you dont think so that some church members are suffering and smiling. i believe such money if distributed among the members will have another economical and spiritual upliftment in thier life or how many church member do you think gonna board tha jet b4 agin away .
3. forgoting so soon the name of a country that sold thier presidential jet and some cars away due to downturn in thier economic level of the country.
Bro. i tell you people are really suffering,concentrated suffering not diluted one.
And today you see some people riding all around N15M an above ride,wirhout any help coming frm them.
As yoruba people wud say " it is only you that wud work for your money ,bt wen it arrives you can spend it all alone" see u @ d other side!!!!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by martyns303(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
Billyonaire: The churches are supposed to share their revenue and gifts among members, Jesus the Christ, shared the little 2 loaves and 5 fishes amongst the multitudes, and we keep reasoning the miracle part of it without understanding the motive. Church Revenue are not supposed to be exclusive rights of the MOGs, its supposed to be for all. What moral standing does a private jet flying pastor has to admonish the Government on revenue sharing and provision of free amenities to citizens when they can not even help the poor in their churches but they use their excessive wealth to purchase private jets and other luxury automobiles. Lets not forget that churches are not being taxed even when billions of dollars are going through their bank accounts annually, but my business is taxed by the Federal and State governments. Churches are not taxed because they are under the Charity Organization acts & category, but I have not seen a single act of charity by the Churches and their MOGs in Lagos. The Covenant university and other Church owned universities are more expensive than Government universities, their hospitals are more expensive, their restaurants charge exorbitantly, even Olive Oil, Candle and other spiritual ointments, incenses and apparels costs over 40% mark-up on the prices obtainable across the street. The churches are NOT charity organization, they are profit based, and if they are profit based it means they lie to the law, and if they lie and dont pay the government revenue, then it means its theft of supposed revenue accruable to the government, which was supposed to be used to provide amenities to the governed; theft of funds, is fraud. I therefore move an assertion that the church is fraud. And all pastors with private jets should be imprisoned and the private jets seized and liquidated to pay for all taxes they owe. It all starts with the lie that they are charity based, and they end up being most fraudulent. I challenge any pastor to tell me that his church is a charity organization, and I will proof that he is a fraud. There is no single act of charity in the churches, but a system of barter.
sup bro, am just trying to clearify some things, so don't go H.A.M on me now. you said churches don't give to charity or help her members, are you sure about that? Christ didnt have a home of his own, not a donkey to ride, if pastors where to emulate Christ in every way then none of them should own a house. however am sure Bishop Kukah do own a house and maybe 3 cars, am i being illogical here? or these things are a necessity, have we considered the fact that maybe owing a jet was necessery for their respective churches? you made some good points tho, respect that.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by lanreni: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303: What is embarassing about owning a private jet? Give this same MOG 4 months and offer him a jet and see if he'll refuse it.
i don't think you know the bishop's antecedents.not everybody that speaks like that is an hypocrite you know.besides,if we all wait to be perfect b4 speaking against what is morally wrong,then we can never be our brother's keeper.we may have personal flaws,but we must maintain a family/organization & national moral ethos all should comply by.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by debobenji: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pastor kukah has said the plain truth here. I have always asked when our christainity turned to this money making venture. But a big fear here is that majority of us dnt see what's wrong in what these pastors are doing, hence backing them. That statement made about Pastor Bimbo Odukoya dying in a plane crash all because she didn't have her own private jet, would that person rather be involved in a plane crash rather that Pastor Bimbo Odukoya, dnt get me wrong, i didn't wish her bad, but we shouldn't let brain wash cloud our thinking. The lastest pastor to joined the league of private jet owners claims his church gave it to him as a birthday gift, let me ask, who controls the church finance? Will he just sit back and see that huge amount of money leave his church account without making a comment, plslets be very logical in our arguement and thinking.what's is bad is bad.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by josite: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
i side with kukah.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by martyns303(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
afrikanns:

You see am replying you due to the way you ve presented, thanx for ur maturity displayed. Brieflyw

1. Those people donating the jet,are they government officials,if they are i guess you kno where the money would be coming from.
2.The situations of Nigerians and Nigeria (rate of poverty level) you dont think so that some church members are suffering and smiling. i believe such money if distributed among the members will have another economical and spiritual upliftment in thier life or how many church member do you think gonna board tha jet b4 agin away .
3. forgoting so soon the name of a country that sold thier presidential jet and some cars away due to downturn in thier economic level of the country.
Bro. i tell you people are really suffering,concentrated suffering not diluted one.
And today you see some people riding all around N15M an above ride,wirhout any help coming frm them.
As yoruba people wud say " it is only you that wud work for your money ,bt wen it arrives you can spend it all alone" see u @ d other side!!!!
i respect that bro. now people thats how points are made, not just yelling abusive words without having anything reasonable to contribute.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ajaolopa: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pse picture dis-say for instance a jet costs a million dollars, and a "man of God" is offered such a jet as a gift but he refuses and instead asks for the money to be shared amongst 1000 members of his congregation, do u know dat translates into 1000 dollars per head and that is like 168,000 Naira for each of the 1,000 pple.that amount of money for some pple in this country is like a a year's salary!!!is dat not a much beta to deleiver the "word of God" and touch peoples' lives instead of jetting up n down?and that's not even talking about fuelling and maintaining the aircraft oh!haba!!!y r dey making d church an investment and making profit from it? there are pple in the congregation day can't afford to eat well or give their kids the best education and health care, yet their pastor is having a private jet!him no dey fear?or him think say him no fit die....

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by rareman(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
Though I have my reservations on this private jets matter but I ll liKe to remind bishop that even pope who is d head of his own church has his own jets even a small country of his own 'the vatican city' so next time we ll start from head down
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by haibe(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
rareman: Though I have my reservations on this private jets matter but I ll liKe to remind bishop that even pope who is d head of his own church has his own jets even a small country of his own 'the vatican city' so next time we ll start from head down

Whosoever! Whether pope or not, if an extravagant life is associated with any christian, then he/she is far from understanding Jesus, his apostles and the Bible in general.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus / 7 Things You Can Never Change Until You Change Yourself / Mocking God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.