Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,210 members, 7,919,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:25 PM

Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (25104 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:
sup bro, am just trying to clearify some things, so don't go H.A.M on me now. you said churches don't give to charity or help her members, are you sure about that? Christ didnt have a home of his own, not a donkey to ride, if pastors where to emulate Christ in every way then none of them should own a house. however am sure Bishop Kukah do own a house and maybe 3 cars, am i being illogical here? or these things are a necessity, have we considered the fact that maybe owing a jet was necessery for their respective churches? you made some good points tho, respect that.

You can do your best to justify it, but every sane Christian that has not been brainwashed like you (as well as any discerning non believer with commonsense) knows this:

There is no reasonable justification for a Church that exists in a country where 70 percent live on less than $2 a day, to purchase a private jet.

From a Christian perspective:

The act does not conform with the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ and the examples that he set for us to follow. Period.

From a moral perspective:

Does it make sense to gather the widows mite of the poor worshipers to fund a life of luxury for the pastors?

No one says that the pastors should live in abject poverty, but a private jet is the ultimate luxury on this planet.

Even the British Prime Minister does not have one. Neither does the Queen of England. I'm sure Britain can afford it, but the truth is that they do not want to appear to be flagrant with the wealth of the people, and seek to maintain a certain simplicity and accessibility (as difficult as this may be).

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by BrutusOj(m): 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303: What is embarassing about owning a private jet? Give this same MOG 4 months and offer him a jet and see if he'll refuse it.
The orthodox are not like d penticostals,he dare not accept it,for what?fame?,a catholic priest,bishop own no house of his own,de drives car for mobility but not as luxury.so,owin a private jet can neva be his dream.The truth is always bitter,I knw some of u here wud like to kick against his speech,bt dats just d truth,d last time dsame Bishop kukah was at d anual xmas carol organised by NTA,he spoke raw abt d lapses in government wch a lot of our MOG wud neva do cos of d fear of losing d wealthy ones in their churches.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Mgbadike80: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
azimibraun: Can a a chatolic Bishop accept a jet as gift?
even the pope does not own a private jet talkless of a bishop. It's too costly to own and maintain.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:
sup bro, am just trying to clearify some things, so don't go H.A.M on me now. you said churches don't give to charity or help her members, are you sure about that? Christ didnt have a home of his own, not a donkey to ride, if pastors where to emulate Christ in every way then none of them should own a house. however am sure Bishop Kukah do own a house and maybe 3 cars, am i being illogical here? or these things are a necessity, have we considered the fact that maybe owing a jet was necessery for their respective churches? you made some good points tho, respect that.
Freedom is not liberty, cos Freedom has limitations. It will not raise my eyebrows if MOGs own 3 cars and own a house. I own more than that, but lets so we are clear. MOGs are fraud. When I mean fraud, I mean F.R.A.U.D! Its complex for me to start explaining the sources of their wealth and the theft on our government via tax evation. Everything is wrong. Their sources of wealth are criminal. If you think its your offerings and tithes that these MOGs use to buy private jets, then you are mistaken. These jets are used to ferry cash money across our borders on daily basis. Which money do they use to purchase private jets? This is when it gets interesting. Ex-Presidents started this game, and it is now common amongst state governors and senators to use MOGs as surrogates for Money Laundering. When MOG announce that they are opening an international branch at Angola, Zambia, SA etc, we shout "Allah Lu Jah"; we are happy that our church is expanding, and what happens next is a complete 419 scenerio. The budget for the new church building will be announce to be say, $50B USD and we are so happy to donate our tokens and some donate in checks and we pray for expansion of God's work; Believe me, your faith heals you when you make those sacrifices, it has little to do with church, even native doctors invoke faith, but the grand abracadabra is that, even though your tokens of offering did not get up to $50B, the church account in ABC Bank Plc, will receive $50B USD anyway, from the politicians and illegal Bunkerers. The banks will know that church is building in Angola etc, and since church is supposed Charity Organization, its tax-freeeeeeee!!!! $50B USD flies out of the country and hits an account in Angola and disappears and MOG makes 10% (but I hear % has gone up now) of $50B USD instantly plus token of appreciation. But Angola sees a $100,000 church building (supposedly $50B USD auditorium). Church members are used, government is conned, MOGs are the Kings and the Bible is their alibi. Believe me am not a saint, but using the name of God to defraud.....? Little wonder Jesus' photographs are hard to find in churches, banners and premises these days. Who will bell the cat, when MOGs are surrogates for politicians. I do not hate MOGs but I hate the fact that they launder money and keep our country in pitiable state. Government needs to start taxing churches, and also make sure that so called international branches are not fronts for laundering.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by stagger: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
Matthew Hassan Kukah is a poor man. That he cannot do wht his fellow men of God are doing doesn't mean her should start criticizing them. All Kukah does is serve in government panels and collect brown envelopes. How can he ever have money to buy private jet serving as a government stooge?

When last did Matthew Kukah pray for a sick person and he got well? He should go and sit down jor! Nonsense!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by scopusng(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
They always covered up with the phrase "My God is not a poor God" yeye pastors dem.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by haibe(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
“But woe to you who are rich, for you
have already received your comfort” (Luke 6:24). The rich man in the parable of Luke 16 is told
that he is in torment in hell because “in your lifetime you received your good things” (Luke
16:25). The rich fool (Luke 12:16-21) is told that God will take his life and “then who will get
what you have prepared for yourself? This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things
for himself but is not rich toward God” (Luke 12:20-21).
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Caponi: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
For every phenomenon there is a cause, so lets do an RCA on the likely causes of this private jet issues;
1) no pothole free roads to drive by road from point a to b in Naija
2) fear of beign attacked on road due to security issues
3) due to point 1 & 2 people prefer to travel by air
4) some times planes do crash due to lack of strict & proper routine maintenance, lack of proper regulation e.t.c
5) super rich buys his own private jet to move around ensuring proper routine checks are done
so it is obvious that corruption is d sole cause of this palava of super rich aquiring jets, no electricity for small scale industries to operate, hence reduce or eliminate unemployment to cancel out point No 2
you can each analyze d situation. so dont blame men of God for having jets, resolve problems 1 to 4,, and see the result.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by armadeo(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
Another pastor (name forgoten) lost his life on the Dana plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!

Oyedepo's minion u are here again. SMH

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by larrymoore(m): 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
As an authority on this, though l stand to be corrected, travelling out of d shore of Nigeria with a private jet requires about a minimum of 3,000 dolars on each trip for handling charges, fuelling and parking charges. My question begging 4 an answer, where is this money coming from? We are, simply in d age of materialism. I bet u, if jesus were to live among us, he would definately nt use a Range Rover Sport left alone a jet. All u materialists, millions are dying of huger, disease, and homeless because they are poor, wont u rather save a life?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by thelastPope(m): 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:

Christ Jesus had a place to stay. When he said the son of man has no place to lay his head, he wasn't in his home town. That is not the issue here. The issue here is simple,

What is going on now is not prosperity. This is materialism and worship of money.. It is directly opposite what the bible preaches. These pastors have absolutely no need for the private jets. Apart from just the private jets, they are, by their message and lifestyle, glorifying mammon worship. This is a very very serious thing going on and the bible actually prophesied it will happen. This is part of the problem we are facing as a country today. If you can change the materialism mindset of Nigerians, you would have solved Nigeria problem overnight. Our pastors are supposed to be at the forefront in the crusade against materialism but the reverse is the case. They have become its advocates. Like I said, beyond private jets, you don't need more than 2 cars. you can actually only drive one at a time. You can't sleep in more than one room in one bed. Think! think! think! Think about the prevalent greed! See how some fools here are defending it and imagine their kind of mindset. Greed and the lust for material things will lead you to kill, kidnap, cheat, extort, connive, deceive, manipulate and live a life of pride. It is from here they have derived all kinds of things like

1. You can't talk to them anyhow because they are men of God. But Jesus was insulted and ridiculed and just kept on doing God's will

2. You must bring the tithes and offering to their feet.

3. They have to now sell paraphenelias and gadgets for all sorts of things

4. They are in the competition to outdo and outshine each other. They compare which church is finer, bigger, and has more members or branches.

5. Some say their pastor is richer than others. Some say they are unique

Fact:

God does not recognise denominations. Whether Redeemed, Christ Embassy, Winners or Chosen or whatever. He only recognises Christians. That someone is shouting on TV doesn't mean God is with him! God is not respected of persons.

Read I Tim 6:3-14, Matthew 6:19->, Mathew 7:21-24
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by haibe(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
Caponi: For every phenomenon there is a cause, so lets do an RCA on the likely causes of this private jet issues;
4) some times planes do crash due to lack of strict & proper routine maintenance, lack of proper regulation e.t.c
5) super rich buys his own private jet to move around ensuring proper routine checks are done
so it is obvious that corruption is d sole cause of this palava of super rich aquiring jets, no electricity for small scale industries to operate, hence reduce or eliminate unemployment to cancel out point No 2
you can each analyze d situation. so dont blame men of God for having jets, resolve problems 1 to 4,, and see the result.

Did u really intend to put No. 2, if yes u must be a joker, does jet crash or not?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Youngzedd(m): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
Super1759: "bishop mattew" if you are given jet a birthday gift,won't you take?
I think our pastors should think about this.everyone is crying out

There is a big difference b/w a gift and what you buy with general cake.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by martyns303(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
cut me some space would u?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
pastor must wac
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by homesteady(m): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
[quote author=ujchief]Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works![/quote
stop being a fool,soo this governor suntaii that had a plane crash,was it nt his private jet??
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by thelastPope(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303:

Christ Jesus had a place to stay. When he said the son of man has no place to lay his head, he wasn't in his home town. That is not the issue here. The issue here is simple,

What is going on now is not prosperity. This is materialism and worship of money.. It is directly opposite what the bible preaches. These pastors have absolutely no need for the private jets. Apart from just the private jets, they are, by their message and lifestyle, glorifying mammon worship. This is a very very serious thing going on and the bible actually prophesied it will happen. This is part of the problem we are facing as a country today. If you can change the materialism mindset of Nigerians, you would have solved Nigeria problem overnight. Our pastors are supposed to be at the forefront in the crusade against materialism but the reverse is the case. They have become its advocates. Like I said, beyond private jets, you don't need more than 2 cars. you can actually only drive one at a time. You can't sleep in more than one room in one bed. Think! think! think! Think about the prevalent greed! See how some fools here are defending it and imagine their kind of mindset. Greed and the lust for material things will lead you to kill, kidnap, cheat, extort, connive, deceive, manipulate and live a life of pride. It is from here they have derived all kinds of things like

1. You can't talk to them anyhow because they are men of God. But Jesus was insulted and ridiculed and just kept on doing God's will

4. They are in the competition to outdo and outshine each other. They compare which church is finer, bigger, and has more members or branches.

Fact:

God does not recognise denominations. Whether Redeemed, Christ Embassy, Winners or Chosen or whatever. He only recognises Christians. That someone is shouting on TV doesn't mean God is with him! God is not respected of persons.

Honestly, as a christian, I am more embarrased than Bishop Kukah!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by gbadexy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Super1759: you are simply one of the followers who takes in every poo believing in his position. I believe you are one of the people pointing hands on other people,that shows the rate at which denominationship had eaten deep into christianity.
Is oyedepo not principled? Is chris oyakilome not prinicpled? By the way,what's the difference between kukah and others? Are they not all men of God?
When tunde bakare spoke about getting them all arrested,he included himself.
I only asked a question and its eaten you deep. You,yourself,if you are given a jet on your bithday,won't you take?
Your just very insensitive to my post,you should have read all before typing your poo. I didn't give these pastors any credit. You English teacher should be dealt with
Sorry to disappoint you, I'm a muslim and a well practicing on at that. Check •̸Ϟ•̸y posts.
♍ƺ and many intelligent nigerians enjoy his lectures. The man speaks sense, try and listen to his lectures you will be surprised how vast and the volume of facts and information he has.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by oses4u(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
azimibraun: Pls o! Me na muslim I be bt one thing I wnt u xtians 2 clearify is dis.. Saying Bishop kukah wnt accept a jet if he ws offerd one, shebi him na chatolic priest? Can a catholic bishop on his own accept a gift of a jet without Rome approving it? Catholic bishop get such powers of accepting gift? No b one man bizness church gt such powers and discreation? Answers pls.

In the catholic church, any gift presented to the priest is channeled to the development of the church and some to Rome, charity organizations, missionary schools, etc. But all these private jet owners will never do such cos the money for charity is used for maintenance of the jet.
thelastPope:

Fact:

Honestly, as a christian, I am more embarrased than Bishop Kukah!
azimibraun: Pls o! Me na muslim I be bt one thing I wnt u xtians 2 clearify is dis.. Saying Bishop kukah wnt accept a jet if he ws offerd one, shebi him na chatolic priest? Can a catholic bishop on his own accept a gift of a jet without Rome approving it? Catholic bishop get such powers of accepting gift? No b one man bizness church gt such powers and discreation? Answers pls.

In the catholic church, any gift presented to the priest is channeled to the development of the church and some to Rome, charity organizations, missionary schools, etc. But all these private jet owners will never do such cos the money for charity is used for maintenance of the jet.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by soulamanne(m): 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!

Without mincing words;YOU ARE SICK!

Rev Martin Kuka just spotted it on!just very few of his ilk left
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
Billyonaire: Freedom is not liberty, cos Freedom has limitations. It will not raise my eyebrows if MOGs own 3 cars and own a house. I own more than that, but lets so we are clear. MOGs are fraud. When I mean fraud, I mean F.R.A.U.D! Its complex for me to start explaining the sources of their wealth and the theft on our government via tax evation. Everything is wrong. Their sources of wealth are criminal. If you think its your offerings and tithes that these MOGs use to buy private jets, then you are mistaken. These jets are used to ferry cash money across our borders on daily basis. Which money do they use to purchase private jets? This is when it gets interesting. Ex-Presidents started this game, and it is now common amongst state governors and senators to use MOGs as surrogates for Money Laundering. When MOG announce that they are opening an international branch at Angola, Zambia, SA etc, we shout "Allah Lu Jah"; we are happy that our church is expanding, and what happens next is a complete 419 scenerio. The budget for the new church building will be announce to be say, $50B USD and we are so happy to donate our tokens and other deliver in checks and we pray for expansion of God's work; Believe me, your faith heals you, but the grand abracadabra is that, even though your tokens of offering did not get up to $50B, the church account in ABC Bank Plc, will receive $50B USD anyway, from the politicians and illegal Bunkerers. The banks will know that church is building in Angola etc, and since church is supposed Charity Organization, its tax-freeeeeeee!!!! $50B USD flies out of the country and hits and account in Angola and disappears and MOG makes 10% of $50B USD instantly plus token of appreciation. But Angola sees a $100,000 church building (supposedly $50B USD auditorium). Church members are used, government is conned, MOGs are the Kings and the Bible is their alibi. Believe me am not a saint, but using the name of God to defraud.....? Little wonder Jesus' photographs are hard to find in churches banners and premises these days. Who will bell the cat, when MOGs are surrogates for politicians.

Your insightful, though unsubstantiated, allegation would explain the deafening silence of the 'MOGs' in the face of the 'molestation' and pulverization of their congregation by the political class. In fact 'silence' would even be better, rather it is more like a 'collaboration'.

What do you expect when the average Nigerian cannot even engage in an insightful logical debate about anything.

The poor education system is producing ignorant and unintelligent people. The poor economic situation is producing desperate hungry people too.

Most people are not going to Church to hear the message 'repent for the Kingdom of God is at Hand'. They are going for promotion in office, advancement in business, looking for husband, protection from evil spirits, etc.

The Christians and their Leaders do not look or sound anything like Christ anymore.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by eggheaders(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
thank God for peeps like this.anyway some peeps will still not listen and keep giving there hard earned money to this fraudsters

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by haibe(m): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
ypzilanti:

Most people are not going to Church to hear the message 'repent for the Kingdom of God is at Hand'. They are going for promotion in office, advancement in business, looking for husband, protection from evil spirits, etc.

Seconded!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by thelastPope(m): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
Caponi: For every phenomenon there is a cause, so lets do an RCA on the likely causes of this private jet issues;

You have not only displayed such ridiculous materialistic mindset, you have also effectively indicted the "men of God" more. So you mean to tell us that the response of "men of God" to the problem you have listed is to buy private jets and ignore the problems? This is really turning my stomach right now. It is despicable! How will the prophets have responded to the nagging problems in our society today? Buy expensive horses and chariots? How did John the baptist respond to the excesses of his time? Go live in an expensice inn? This is really disgusting stuff you posted up there! The primary duty of any real "man of God" is to preach the pure Word of God and change society, not to carve out their own class and status out of society. Its their job to speak against corruption and materialism and constantly keep the people in check. If they are now the advocates of materialism and corruption, then we are in real serious trouble!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Wsdm: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
gbadexy:
^This here is the reason why it is encouraged for youths to read educative and informative materials instead of trivialities.
I don't think you listen to public lectures or you know the pedigree and antecedents of reverend kukah.
The man is principled, vociferous and highly respected nationwide.
... Intact respected across religious , political, social and moral boundaries. The mention of his name gives credence to Christianity in Nigeria.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
stagger: Matthew Hassan Kukah is a poor man. That he cannot do wht his fellow men of God are doing doesn't mean her should start criticizing them. All Kukah does is serve in government panels and collect brown envelopes. How can he ever have money to buy private jet serving as a government stooge?

When last did Matthew Kukah pray for a sick person and he got well? He should go and sit down jor! Nonsense!

Our Lord Jesus that you worship, as well as his disciples, how rich were they in material possessions? So you equate material wealth with relevance? Let us check out the most relevant people the world has produced in the last 50 years: Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela. How rich were these people?

It is because the average Nigerian reasons like you that we have not been able to produce a truly great leader in Nigeria. A lot of people have the potential to lead this nation, but the average Nigerian does not listen to you unless you are ridiculously wealthy. Since wealth is the only measure of a man in the country.

I daresay you must be following Bishop Kukah around to know if his prayers work for the sick or not. What evidence do you have about the efficacy of the prayers of your pastors? You saw miracle on TV? Is there any church in Nigeria where all the members are free of illness and sickness? Besides who says that the performance of miracles is the standard to show that you are an anointed preacher? 'Miracles' exist in all religions...african native religion, buddhism, shintoism, even muslim mystics.

You will be well served by reading more widely.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by BrutusOj(m): 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
sadeiyare:

I agree with Rev. Monsignor Pascal Nwaezeapu. I see it as embarasing for a man of God to send someone to represent him in preaching the word GOD called him to preach. Its not scriptural
ur a kid.did u hear a church service,don't digres from d topic of discusion.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
rareman: Though I have my reservations on this private jets matter but I ll liKe to remind bishop that even pope who is d head of his own church has his own jets even a small country of his own 'the vatican city' so next time we ll start from head down

Pope has no Jet. Flies Alitalia. Google is your friend.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by solomonkane(m): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2012
rareman: Though I have my reservations on this private jets matter but I ll liKe to remind bishop that even pope who is d head of his own church has his own jets even a small country of his own 'the vatican city' so next time we ll start from head down

Next time do a little research before coming on a public forum and displaying extravagant stupidity.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-has-no-money-or-space-for-private-plane-says-priest/

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Jerie(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
If you examine the positions of these jet pastors in the face of pain, suffering and injustice to their flock, you would not be surprised at their insensitivity, greed, materialism and outright robbery.
1. When Mr Oyedepo went to see Yar'adua and he was fully aware that he actually was there to rubberstamp the lies being pandied about by his cronies, he wad there as an xtian cleric but his silence thereafter showed who his paymasters truly are.
2. Mr EA Adeboye prayed for GEJ his client during the 2011 elections (indirect campaign). When this same client removed subsidy and the burdens of his flock were multiplied, he kept criminal silence while his flock were weeping.
3. When last did Mr Oritsejafor comment on xtians being killed in the north? He has become GEJ's PR agent and is more interested in defending Jonathan instead of Jesus. BTW, Jonathan was in his church when the 'shut up' gift was given to him.
4. Consider this formation. Chris Oyakhilome heads Believers Loveworld Inc, his wife is the head of the International Ministry of the same church.

Bro Oyedepo is the Head of Living Faith Int'l. His son is the pastor of the London branch. His wife, Faith also is a bigshot in d business in Nigeria. This is not forgetting the other Daddy and Mommy Nig Ltd churches.
In my opinion, anyone who receives money in God's name and buys property in his name is a thief. They profess Jesus Christ but live like Pontius Pilate.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by wonderiyke(m): 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
kokoA: and what make their lives more important than hundreds of other people that die in plane crashes? What makes the pastor's life more important than an ordinary church member who probably gives his hard earned money to the church but can not raise money for a kidney transplant? What makes pastor's life more important than people that die on lagos-ibadan express way daily? If the so called religious leaders focus on their real work and speak the truth to people in power we won't be in the mess we are now, our aviation sector woul have been good.

God bless you plenty and may your offspring know no lack of goodness in all their days!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
[b]Vatican has no money or space for private plane, says priest

Rome, Italy, Feb 8, 2012 / 06:04 pm (CNA).- Contrary to popular belief, Pope Benedict does not own a private jet but instead travels on commercial airlines since the Vatican “doesn’t have the space or the money” to maintain one, an insider said.

Mexican priest and journalist Father Gonzalo Meza told CNA on Feb. 2 that the Pope always departs Rome on Alitalia, and an airline from the country he is visiting usually brings him home.

However, he noted, the “papal jet” is outfitted with special items, including pillows and seat covers embroidered with the papal coat of arms.

During his flight to Mexico for his March 23-25 visit, nearly one hundred people, mostly journalists, will accompany the Pope.

Security for the trip is always provided by the host country, Fr. Meza said.

Fr. Meza said that during his flights, Benedict XVI “takes the opportunity to get ahead on his intellectual work or to pray. He likes to write, and he writes all of his homilies and speeches by hand, and then his translator transcribes and corrects them. He almost never uses a computer.”[/b]

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-has-no-money-or-space-for-private-plane-says-priest/

As you can see, the leader of over 1 billion Catholics considers a private jet to be a luxury. The Church is way richer than all these Pentecostal churches combined 100 times, and yet they want to do other things with the money.

It is called prioritizing.

Not massaging vain egos or fulfilling delusions of grandeur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus / 7 Things You Can Never Change Until You Change Yourself / Mocking God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.