Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,244 members, 7,880,910 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:00 AM

Nigeria, The Way Forward - Post Acn 2008 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria, The Way Forward - Post Acn 2008 (702 Views)

South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn / Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Acn 2012 Qualifier: Guinea Exposed (by Mumuni Alao) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, The Way Forward - Post Acn 2008 by denodread: 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2008
Folks interesting write-up from allsoccerafrica.com

In the spirit of learning, constructive criticism, and in support of publicly stated and shared objectives - qualification and historic performance at FIFA 2010 and the long term rejuvenation of Nigerian football, I humbly propose/offer these unsolicited items/issues/concerns/observations for public debate and constructive action.

First things first.

Amongst other items involved in reforming or dissolving the NFA, whoever hired Bert Vogts has to explain the logic/criteria behind his hiring. We all need to learn. We need to understand these people’s assumptions, fallacies, presumptions, decision context and /or background etc. Fully understand their motives. Put things (checks and balances) in place to guard against this kind of hiring ever occurring. Then, fire the people involved. Damn the consequences. With all the current characters still involved, I publicly state it here that we will not qualify for the 2010 world cup regardless of the coach (FC, IC or hybrid). Realistically, we must know what the stated motives for hiring this failed person as coach of the national team. I will leave the unstated motives to all kinds of permutations by different observers. I am certain the NFA will clam up and blame everyone but themselves for this predictable fiasco. This Nations Cup has been the lowest point in a long time for Nigerian football. We must hold people accountable for decisions they make. From now on, you must tie your fate to decisions made by you and your subordinates.

I offer one observation.
Read more@

http://news.allsoccerafrica.com/article.cfm?articleID=21600

(1) (Reply)

Latest Premiership News / Lets All Be Sorry For Barcelona Fans / Hitv Is Rubbish And Boring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.