Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,004 members, 7,903,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:31 AM

Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors (13615 Views)

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State / List The Nigerian Pastors That Made False 2015 Election Prophecies / Patrick Obahiagbon, On Nigerian Pastors And Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
jites: The funniest thing with allthese stories and opinion ( expressed harshly) is that even in Jesus' day he was accused of worst, called an anti christ. Can you believe it?? CHRIST himself being called anti christ, if you were a follower of Jesus how would you feel. I am very open minded and would never let anyone brain wash me, fortunately i happen to be in London in winner-chapel when the journalist was in church, now i heard every thing the pastor said word for word, and to be honest the journalist misinterpreted, misquoted every single word that was said that day. When i read it i was disgusted, now if you are going to report about things then report it truthfully, but again, i think the problem was mainly the journalist is not a christain and would have interpreted a lot of what was said literally. For instance, in that service that day the pastor- David Oyedepo Junior said paraphrased " we need to envangelise, win souls for christ, and dont say you are too busy because in your place of work there is someone hurting, there is someone contemplating suicide, speak to them let them know there is hope in Jesus etc And what happens the journalist wrote to say the pastor told the members to go and exploit the vulnerable, the weak, people who want to commit suicide. for goodness sake that was not what was said at all. its like the pastor saying " for God so love the world that he gave his only begooten son that whosoever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life" and some layman journalist hears this and report that the pastor said if you believe you will not die at all.

Such reporting deviate from the truth and we are not able to have a balanced debate, now granted there are pastors who are fraudulent and are exploiting the sincere desire of the members to be obedient to God and obey whatever comes from the alter as a word from God.
I once attended a church in sapele delta state and i wont mention the name of the pastor of the church, but i wanted to put to test the claim of the pastor that day, he asked for an offering for some building project, but before asking he gave testimony of instances where people had emptied their pocket to give offering and they were blessed, call it naivity, brainwashing whatever, but that day i was going to prove him wrong. I had traveled from a far place to attend the service, so i emptied my pocket, gave my last money and my transport money too, anyway after the service i went to the place where i needed to board transportation back home, i sat down like everyone else and when the vehicle was full they satrted collecting money, and just as it got to my turn someone who was not travelling said dont take money from that boy wearing red shirt- yes i was wearing red shirt and i was about 18years then and they asked him again, who are you talking about, he came close and pointed to me... to cut a long story short i got home and did not pay a dime. At the service i gave the money to GOD from my heart of heart, if they pastor used the money to buy a jet has nothing to do with me and honestly i dont care but God who i gave the money to from my heart blessed me and from that day all this debate of pastor eating money dont really bug me, i still give and talking about blessing.. i am 35 now i have bought a house in London, i have buildings in Nigeria, i have a 2 business making daily money and if you ask me do pastor eat church money now... probably yes infact definately yes some of them but i will never in my lifetime open my mouth to slaughter any pastor. I serve GOD. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Tears drops down my eyes as i read your coment. Heaven bears me withness becos i know that you know the truth ! May God continue to bless you. I am not a pastor.And i dnt think i want to be one but forever i will evangelize and win souls,i mean multiple souls for christ !
God bless you my brother.
The WORD of God is INFALLIBLE no matter what the devil and his agents do !
BUT I KNOW FOR SURE NOW THAT EVIL STORIES CONCERNING GOD AND HIS WORD SELL VERY WELL ON NAIRA LAND. PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW THAT THE DEVIL WILL SEND SO MANY ON THIS SITE TO HELL IF THEY ARE NOT CAREFULL AND REPENT !My desire is that all should be reconciled back to GOD.
God bless us

5 Likes

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Castos(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
shadrach77: i can't understand this idea of calling pastors thieves every time. My people have a proverb which says 'Young man get money you say na juju e take get am. Why you sef no go do your own juju?' If it was so easy to "fleece" people, why don't you go and start your own church and see if it's that easy? angry angry angry
Then church na business venture.

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Table Leg :

Fooooool
The truth is what it is right there .. Doesnt matter if Lucifer wrote the piece!
Lucifer knows how to manipulate the truth ! Remember what he did with eve in the garden of eden ? No born again christian will contradict the word of God.Thank God for the holy spirit. I know the devil where ever he is,is all out but i just have to hold firm that which i beleive is the truth as opined by the word ! Friends wake up if you have bin sleeping. Remember the word of God said that while men slept,his enemy came and sowed tares ! Children of God wake up !
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
Castos: Then church na business venture.
God's business is good business ! I'm yet to see one man or woman who said that he or she became broke becos he/she gave offering or tithe in the house of God.
I love God's kind of business venture.#
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by chiefbatiatus(m): 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
damils: If U think they are defrauding people then U should also go put people together and defraud them and then come back to tell us how easy it was for U to start a church, nutria it till maturity and then how it was possible for U to defraud them.
Anyone who condemns God's ministers because he/she feels he knows how to speak or write good english is simply an "ANTI-CHRIST" or simply put "A DEVIL", and his or her end is The Lake of Fire.
No matter what, these are Men of God and U should have respect for your lives because till u pay with the last drop of ur blood, God isnt gonna stop fighting U.

Hello, please stay off topics that are beyond your age. So you think you are going to heaven because you keep your mouth shot? Has anybody returned from that heaven to gist you before? or hell? See how the fear the OP mentioned has eaten into you. oloshi

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by TableLeg(m): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Lucifer knows how to manipulate the truth ! Remember what he did with eve in the garden of eden ? No born again christian will contradict the word of God.Thank God for the holy spirit. I know the devil where ever he is,is all out but i just have to hold firm that which i beleive is the truth as opined by the word ! Friends wake up if you have bin sleeping. Remember the word of God said that while men slept,his enemy came and sowed tares ! Children of God wake up !
God bless us
You are a naked slowpoke!
You need help ... Brainwashed goat
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
OkwaIfugo: pastors, pastor pastor,
living more than politicians now.
They are children of God and no longer as poor as church rat ! Politicians have cheated us enough. Any one can be called as a pastor even you brother! But it will be too bad if at the end of the day,you see yourself in hell having preached to millions of souls !
God will help us and when we all will start our evangelistic work with God,we dnt deviate.But whether pple will call us cheats,rogues,419ers,ritualists and the rest of the other negative things,that one is certain cos it's another kind of cross to carry for kingdom sake.
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
Table Leg :

You are a naked slowpoke!
You need help ... Brainwashed goat
God bless you my brother.The almighty God will see you through.I was like you before 2008 and today am a different person on the positive side.The word of God isn't your word so pls stop all these hates talks ! We are no morons including you. We are all children of the most high God. Let love lead bro !I can't just be called a brain washed goat just becos i want to follow Christ ! Any way,christ was even humiliated far more and then crucified ! But thank God jesus is still alive.
Jesus loves you !
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by masotemi: 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
AB$I:
very foolish thinking and contribution
Make a reasonable contribution not childish comments.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
chief batiatus:

Hello, please stay off topics that are beyond your age. So you think you are going to heaven because you keep your mouth shot? Has anybody returned from that heaven to gist you before? or hell? See how the fear the OP mentioned has eaten into you. oloshi
I believe that there is a way i will talk to you here now and end up in hell ! Hell is real and heaven is real. But if you dnt believe,there is no problem with that but i strongly believe that God wan'ts you to be with HIM in heaven ! May God help you even if you do not know.
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by masotemi: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
Table Leg :

What a DUNCE!
A thoroughly brainwashed and hapless fellow!
I have come to realize that those who make negative and abusive contributions on issues concerning christians and churches are non achievers and bitter souls. Please accept christ like a fool and become wise in the end.........
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
ow11:

Or a 'christian' that doesn't worship mammon on the side. . .
Any christian who worship mamon will end up in hell.But any christian who do not manage mamon well,the heavenly riches will not be entrusted unto him!
''He who is faithful in what is least is also faithful in much. For if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?" (Luke 16:11)This was the exact word of jesus.As irrelevant money is in heaven,Christ expects us to manage it very well.God will help us so we dnt consider money first above God !
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by salafiyy: 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
anyway, I'm proud to be among the best nation ever rased (THE MUSLIMS)
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by ow11(m): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Any christian who worship mamon will end up in hell.But any christian who do not manage mamon well,the heavenly riches will not be entrusted unto him!
''He who is faithful in what is least is also faithful in much. For if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?" (Luke 16:11)This was the exact word of jesus.As irrelevant money is in heaven,Christ expects us to manage it very well.God will help us so we dnt consider money first above God !
God bless us

As is with the mantra of erring on the side of caution, why should a christian not do all he can to acquire heavenly riches as properly defined, 'in HEAVEN'! Why is it necessary to do that on earth where moth will destroy it and risk worshipping mammon and going to hell OR is the allure of filthy lucre worth the risk?
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by 3kay945(m): 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
masotemi: [color=#006600][/color][sub][/sub]

Thanks for your write up on the above topic. I just want to make the following input:
* So many members of these churches are not illiterates and neither are they bereft of logical reasoning as some bloggers assume most often in their comments and contributions to issues concerning the church
* Erudite academicians, accomplished lawyers and reputable business personality and enterpreneurs who are rational decision makers form a large nucleus of members of these churches and have a right on how their resources are deployed
* Let me quickly add that not all members of these churches are politicians or government or private sector employees that acquire their wealth through dubious/corrupt means
* If an individual can own a private/personal car rather than using publicly provided means of transportation, what is the difference in owning a private jet?
* Most often we misdirect our energies to churches and leave out government/agencies that are primarily responsible for our well being.
* How many of the good deeds and charitable works of these churches are given prominence in our newspapers, rather we have to "mobilize" reporters to feature such events in their newspapers!
* Lagos/Ibadan expressway would have remained a forest/den of armed robbers if the churches had not taken the initiatives to open up the area! Punch Newspapers would have taken their Head Office elsewhere not this same axis that was opened up by religious organisations that ventured to "invest members" money in putting up infrastructures in this neglected area !
Just my thoughts.

Bros, you think the reasons highlighted above are enough to justify the wasteful spending of this so called Man of God while most members of their congregation cannot avoid their private university!
Haha! we read about what Jesus did while alive naa.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by tommywise: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
GUYS, I SUGGEST U GO AND FIGHT D CORRUPT POLITICIANS AND LEAVE D PASTORS ALONE.....FULL STOP
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by blaqoracle: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
shadrach77: i can't understand this idea of calling pastors thieves every time. My people have a proverb which says 'Young man get money you say na juju e take get am. Why you sef no go do your own juju?' If it was so easy to "fleece" people, why don't you go and start your own church and see if it's that easy? angry angry angry
another biafran talking again; a people whose only god is money.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by ow11(m): 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2012
tommywise: GUYS, I SUGGEST U GO AND FIGHT D CORRUPT POLITICIANS AND LEAVE D PASTORS ALONE.....FULL STOP

Since the pastors (aka Oritsejafor) have decided to join the politicians, I think they are fair game. Look at him frolicking with a fraudster, acceting gifts and not one public word of caution to the corrupt men we see him wine and dine with angry

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
naturalwaves:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Five persons even liked this daft pose. According to you, stealing in the name of God is not the issue, it is not easy to gain expertise in such acts.Hmmmmmm. Maybe you should open a training centre. SMH
Please who is saying they are all stealing ?The bible said we should obey the word of God.The man of God opened my eyes to understand how to give to the poor,God,man and the church her self.Or, i studied my bible and with the help of the holy spirit i got a revelation regarding how to give or sow,i obeyed the word of God,and ''gave GOD'' the same money he blessed me with and you say the pastor was the one who stole the money from me.Yet i did not see anything contrary to the word of God as preached by the pastor,it was not the quran that the pastor used in his preaching,it was still d same bible i have bin reading, no form of deception at least to d best of my knowledge,i did not part with my money at gun point,it was not as if the pastor lied to me,all the things the bible said i should do that if i do them i will get this and that positive results and i have bin seeing all those things.But even if am yet to see them,was it not by faith i did them ? Or have i seen Jesus before ? Was i there when he was crucified ? But becos it is written that's why am doing them my brother. Even if i give to these pastors to help me give to God or i give expecting that God will come pick it up,if the pastors fail to give it to God or stops God from picking up my offering,how does that concerns me ? If God can't fight them,then who are my to fight them ?
Funny enough most people shouting foul foul !,they dnt even give .
The above isn't addressing you OP but your statement !
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by naturalwaves: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
sarutobie:
..how can someone who openly hates the church and what it stands for be expected to say any good thing about it?..how logical is it?
It is more illogical to totally ignore the message and focus on the antecedent of the OP. The best approach you can have is to prove that what he has said is wrong. Anything aside that will be totally off mark.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by chakula: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2012

Sir, I can see in the future you have a plan for planting a church and easy fund will be gather into your purse, please you shouldn't forget to name your church 'No be small thing church of god' No offence.

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
ow11:

Since the pastors (aka Oritsejafor) have decided to join the politicians, I think they are fair game. Look at him frolicking with a fraudster, acceting gifts and not one public word of caution to the corrupt men we see him wine and dine with angry
Jesus equally dined and wined with corrupt men and women ! Some of thse pastors are not John the baptist who will always shout at the top of his voice or tell you to your face wen you contradict the word but that does not mean they dnt condemn them ! Stop hating and cursing bro !
''The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."-Mathew 11:19

God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
chakula:

Sir, I can see in the future you have a plan for planting a church and easy fund will be gather into your purse, please you shouldn't forget to name your church 'No be small thing church of god' No offence.

Some sense of humor here ! wink
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by ow11(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
^^^
Interesting

He was accused of wining and dining with tax collectors yet he did not receive Golden chariots from same people. Neither did he encourage the Romans to continue to enslave the jews
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
blaqoracle: another biafran talking again; a people whose only god is money.
Any time you imagine yourself considering money before God almighty,it means you have started MAMON worship God is God ! And forever will remain God ! After God,it isn't a sin to make and manage money !AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY CLEAR OFF MONEY,YOU WILL STILL MAKE HEAVEN JUST LIKE LAZARUS !
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by TableLeg(m): 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
masotemi:
I have come to realize that those who make negative and abusive contributions on issues concerning christians and churches are non achievers and bitter souls. Please accept christ like a fool and become wise in the end.........
Again, another oxymoron who doesnt like the bitter truth .... What a dimbee!
My friend get lost and dont preach sweet nonsense to me
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
ow11: ^^^
Interesting

He was accused of wining and dining with tax collectors yet he did not receive Golden chariots from same people. Neither did he encourage the Romans to continue to enslave the jews
No one is enslaving any one here.See,with christianity,there is joy and liberty. Any one who enslaves the other,isn't practicing Christianity but may be some kind of traditions or culture.Have you wondered why christ said ''i stand at the door and KNOCK,if you open i will come in'' You are free with christianity so long as you do not contradict the word of God !
Christ came just to die for you and me ! There are things christ might do but may not take it serious because he came for a particular purpose !
Thank God HE accomplished all that !
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by ABsI1: 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
masotemi:
congrats mr achiever. Dats y u have been honored wit multi honors. C ur yeye head
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
Table Leg :

Again, another oxymoron who doesnt like the bitter truth .... What a dimbee!
My friend get lost and dont preach sweet nonsense to me
Another sense of humor here ! 'SWEET NONSENSE' just take out the NON and make do with the sweet sense !
Jesus loves u.
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by TableLeg(m): 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
m.k.o2005:

God bless you my brother.The almighty God will see you through.I was like you before 2008 and today am a different person on the positive side.The word of God isn't your word so pls stop all these hates talks ! We are no morons including you. We are all children of the most high God. Let love lead bro !I can't just be called a brain washed goat just becos i want to follow Christ ! Any way,christ was even humiliated far more and then crucified ! But thank God jesus is still alive.
Jesus loves you !
God bless us
You dont know what i am like so you cant say you were like me before in 2008 ... You dingbat
Your pastors are busy lavishing your hard earned money on jets, armani suits, mansions in Beverley Hills and cruising around in a fleet of luxury cars
You are busy propagating nonsense on the internet forum, from an internet cafe where you just dropped you last 10naira.... wake up and dont be a moro.n ...
You can make a difference by stopping the rot going on ... the trend whereby pastors and fake men of God decieve you and your ilks in order to live the high life on your money!
Mumu
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by 3kay945(m): 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Jesus equally dined and wined with corrupt men and women ! Some of thse pastors are not John the baptist who will always shout at the top of his voice or tell you to your face wen you contradict the word but that does not mean they dnt condemn them ! Stop hating and cursing bro !
''The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."-Mathew 11:19

God bless us
I know you guys would dig any Shi.t up to justify your Pastors,

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Venchy: 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
No be today my people, edon tay.

When Fela sang "Pope na enjoyment Imam na Gbaladun"...some people say this AMUGBO is going mad.

Authority stealing pass Arm robbery.....now it's Religious Stealing.

You can imagine the Head a called KICC writing a BOOK about his life as well launching it at PARK LANE HOTEL in London, same hotel that Michael Jackson always stays in London.

Man Of God....what celebrity life style.

GOD PUNISH DEVIL that's taken the advantage of ordinary people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Idris Launches Operation Maximum Safety On Kaduna – Abuja / Dino Melaye’s Recall Begins Today / DSS Cleared Dongban-Mensem Before She Was Nominated By NJC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.