Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,985 members, 7,903,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors (13613 Views)

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State / List The Nigerian Pastors That Made False 2015 Election Prophecies / Patrick Obahiagbon, On Nigerian Pastors And Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by segunojas(m): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Y not. Nurse yr problem and face ur life instead of saying Bad about Men of God.Y must pastor suffer and wu tell you they are Fake wu are u to jugde them.when they give out u did not talk ,so they need ur permission to accept gift or to do anything.Most of u dump ur pbl and snoosing into pastor issure .pls allow God to judge

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Wadeoye(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
segun ojas: Y not. Nurse yr problem and face ur life instead of saying Bad about Men of God.Y must pastor suffer and wu tell you they are Fake wu are u to jugde them.when they give out u did not talk ,so they need ur permission to accept gift or to do anything.Most of u dump ur pbl and snoosing into pastor issure .pls allow God to judge

Mumu - I pray your children are not like you.

2 Likes

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by redsun(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
Wadeoye:

Mumu - I pray your children are not like you.

I am sure the collective foo-lishness of nigerians will end with this present generation.The very little ones seems to know wha gwan.Since they are born into digital generation,they tend to connect more with virtual reality than delusional reality as in the case the present reigning failed generation.

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by nokingasgod: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
masotemi: [color=#006600][/color][sub][/sub]

Thanks for your write up on the above topic. I just want to make the following input:
* So many members of these churches are not illiterates and neither are they bereft of logical reasoning as some bloggers assume most often in their comments and contributions to issues concerning the church
* Erudite academicians, accomplished lawyers and reputable business personality and enterpreneurs who are rational decision makers form a large nucleus of members of these churches and have a right on how their resources are deployed
* Let me quickly add that not all members of these churches are politicians or government or private sector employees that acquire their wealth through dubious/corrupt means
* If an individual can own a private/personal car rather than using publicly provided means of transportation, what is the difference in owning a private jet?
* Most often we misdirect our energies to churches and leave out government/agencies that are primarily responsible for our well being.
* How many of the good deeds and charitable works of these churches are given prominence in our newspapers, rather we have to "mobilize" reporters to feature such events in their newspapers!
* Lagos/Ibadan expressway would have remained a forest/den of armed robbers if the churches had not taken the initiatives to open up the area! Punch Newspapers would have taken their Head Office elsewhere not this same axis that was opened up by religious organisations that ventured to "invest members" money in putting up infrastructures in this neglected area !
Just my thoughts.
I'm afraid your argument is so daft-ic, exposing your ignorance. You can be a professor or top class professional and still be gullible as you may be as intelligent as anything yet, your intellect may be found wanting. Secondly, i cant remember any of the churches did ''good deeds and charitable works'' that impacted the public positively, rather, all we've been hearing and seeing is the insatiable penchant for accumulation of wealth by the church founders/owners so much so that they compete favorably with their politician brothers and sisters in terms of misappropriation of commonwealths.

I can help but laugh to read that ''Lagos/Ibadan expressway would have remained a forest/den of armed robbers if the churches had not taken the initiatives to open up the area!'' Its only a blockhead that can make such spurious assertion. Despite the chaos and insanity brought to the Ibadan expressway by the churches, to you, that is sign of development afterall, the untold hardship experienced by motorists on that road and caused by the churches is a welcome development in the sight of your god. Nothing could be more idiotic!

3 Likes

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Wadeoye(m): 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
nokingasgod:
I'm afraid your argument is so daft-ic, exposing your ignorance. You can be a professor or top class professional and still be gullible as you may be as intelligent as anything yet, your intellect may be found wanting. Secondly, i cant remember any of the churches did ''good deeds and charitable works'' that impacted the public positively, rather, all we've been hearing and seeing is the insatiable penchant for accumulation of wealth by the church founders/owners so much so that they compete favorably with their politician brothers and sisters in terms of misappropriation of commonwealths.

I can help but laugh to read that ''Lagos/Ibadan expressway would have remained a forest/den of armed robbers if the churches had not taken the initiatives to open up the area!'' Its only a blockhead that can make such spurious assertion. Despite the chaos and insanity brought to the Ibadan expressway by the churches, to you, that is sign of development afterall, the untold hardship experienced by motorists on that road and caused by the churches is a welcome development in the sight of your god. Nothing could be more idiotic!

You can see how these empty heads think. I dont bother to engage them in intellectual discussions again because I know the skull is empty. And I keep asking, does christianity remove followers brain and forget to put something back there?

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by abohrandy: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
LocalChamp:

The same Daily Mail, weeks before, ran a feature on another Nigerian pastor in the same UK,[size=18pt] Alex Omokodu, (who claims on his website to have raised the dead twice) and another Pastor Mbenga of the Victorious Pentecostal Assembly who scam worshippers by selling olive oil and black currant drink at double the market rate as “miracle cures”, capable of curing terminal diseases.[/size]

Why did somebody like Jesu Oyingbo have followership in the first place and why didn’t people walk out on [size=18pt]Pastor Chris Oyakhilome when he charged gate fees before one could attend service?[/size] Seriously, who should take the blame? The person who sells snake oil or the one who finds a psychic relief (however temporary) from buying?

For the record, let me state that Pastor Oritsejeafor is not a good poster boy for Christianity (never mind the various caps he wears, [size=18pt]anyone can be anything in Nigeria’s Pentecostalism[/size] grin grin). I make this point – debatable, of course- not just because of his Bling Bling jewellery like 50 Cents or even his bond with the present occupant of Aso Rock Villa; there is something about him –and I came to this conclusion after watching him raise an offering on Cable TV- that doesn’t seem to me would wait for God to supply all his ‘greeds’ according to his riches and glory.

http://www.punchng.com/viewpoint/jail-is-too-good-for-nigerian-pastors/

damn we (NIGERIANS) are good. i need to start a church asap. so that by the time i clock 30, i may have gone continental, then by 35, international. how does dat sound for a plan? cool cool cool
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by skyfall: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
For years, I've been looking for the difference between Nigerian pastors and Yahoo! Boys but found nothing.

Their Modus Operandi is the same. Play on your victim's emotion, scam them of their valuables while promising them an imaginary reward. Repeat above.

I'm sure the most gullible people in the world would be found among Nigerian Pentecostal churchgoers. It beats me how they manage to remain dumb for so long.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by TableLeg(m): 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
skyfall: For years, I've been looking for the difference between Nigerian pastors and Yahoo! Boys but found nothing.

Their Modus Operandi is the same. Play on your victim's emotion, scam them of their valuables while promising them an imaginary reward. Repeat above.

I'm sure the most gullible people in the world would be found among Nigerian Pentecostal churchgoers. It beats me how they manage to remain dumb for so long.
LOL
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by gabinogem(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
It is the reason they call it religious institution. It is set-up to school the gullible. All the worshipers have to do is to pay their dues inorder to be deceived... Corruption in Nigeria will continue to grow as long as political & religious greed heightens... Man Know thyself.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Venchy: 1:35am On Nov 23, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Becos of one musician worldly artist bab him hair skin cut then i come bab my own like that people come they call me worldly evangelist becos i bab same skin cut !
It does not work like that.Good things are from God and if Hotel de park lane for London na good hotel,and Michael Jackson don stay there, e mean say man of God no fit stay there ! Na him be say una don dey see man of God like say na spirit and no be human being again.
The question should be,what took him ?
God bless

Umm......SUFFERING & SMILING.

For many years I've been in UK, I've never heard about any Arch Bishop launching a book....that would have been a TOTAL DEVIATION from their primary Obligation.

Again it's all African churches that are into all this money making and donation palavar.

We've taken church to a different level, beyond those that brought Christianity to us, as a matter of fact Nigeria Leads among all other BUSINESS CHURCHES.

I must say it's a choice that some people have made and it's a shame that Vulnerable people have to be exploited in the this process.

Again I've never heard about any CHURCH LEADER OR MAN OF GOD as NIGERIANS portray them to have a PRIVATE JET....what a CELEBRITY PASTOR, Clearly it's all business, even world business mogul RICHARD BRANSON that runs Virgin Airline has no private jet to himself except our Men Of God that suppose to serve and preach gospel to the people suddenly become a business Mogul.

World Pope has NO PRIVATE JET

Nigeria I hail thee.

2 Likes

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by tosrich(m): 4:45am On Nov 23, 2012
These are part of the reason why Nigeria is still backward in the committee of Great Nation..... Nigria is uneccessary rooted with this religion Bigotery and it's having a negative effect on the socio-economic development of the nation. Nation like United States of America where I live dont take spiritual con G as anything and thats why they are far ahead of the game unlike most blind-folded african continent with its Headquaters in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mensdept: 5:11am On Nov 23, 2012
Nigerians generally dont like to hear the truth. We have a ton of usless people parading themselves as "PAstor" and people just dey follow follow.

If you say that it doesnt make sense to have more pastors and churches than factories they go say, " why do you insult a MAN of GOD" as if men of god only dey in the Nig.er Area banana republic that cannot boast of a National AIrline.

You see, when the revoluton hits, these very ordinary men who are using bible to gain power, relevance, and attention, from Adeboye to TB Joshua, to the other private jet owners, they will have to answer to the deception and distraction of the people they cause and continue to cause.

Nigerians wake up.

Those who brought bible to you have light in their place, and are not carrying "Men o God" on their head.

IDIOTS

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Inova(m): 6:35am On Nov 23, 2012
masotemi:

Thanks for your write up on the above topic. I just want to make the following input:
* So many members of these churches are not illiterates and neither are they bereft of logical reasoning as some bloggers assume most often in their comments and contributions to issues concerning the church
Let me assure you that they are bereft of logical reasoning. An example is you already with the way you are thinking. Well unless you want to claim to be an Illiterate.
masotemi:
* Erudite academicians, accomplished lawyers and reputable business personality and enterpreneurs who are rational decision makers form a large nucleus of members of these churches and have a right on how their resources are deployed
Financial starvation is not the only problem of man. Do you think every accomplished persons are happy? They probably have some past evil deeds that needs retribution for God via a man that offers a means of short cut. An example is the case of
Akingbola, Cecilia, Atuche and the list goes on. Infact I forgot to add Ibori
masotemi:
* Let me quickly add that not all members of these churches are politicians or government or private sector employees that acquire their wealth through dubious/corrupt means
Kindly give me an example of someone. I work in a bank and I can still admit that according to the tenets of the bible my money is not clean because the banking environment is so corrupt.... Need I say more
masotemi:
* If an individual can own a private/personal car rather than using publicly provided means of transportation, what is the difference in owning a private jet?
The cost. Besides buying expensive Jet fuel, parking the jet alone is costly. So flying or not, u'll still be incuring cost. Hope you have now been enlightened
masotemi:
* Most often we misdirect our energies to churches and leave out government/agencies that are primarily responsible for our well being.
The church was created and meant to abide by divine laws dat I'm sorry are no longer been followed. That why energy is directed there. Gerrit. Save souls not get money and live large.
masotemi:
* How many of the good deeds and charitable works of these churches are given prominence in our newspapers, rather we have to "mobilize" reporters to feature such events in their newspapers!
Becos there is none. Its not their priority. Kindly name one charity work done by any of these jet flying pastors that still doesn't translate to extortion
masotemi:
* Lagos/Ibadan expressway would have remained a forest/den of armed robbers if the churches had not taken the initiatives to open up the area! Punch Newspapers would have taken their Head Office elsewhere not this same axis that was opened up by religious organisations that ventured to "invest members" money in putting up infrastructures in this neglected area !
And whoever told you the place was neglected. Religious organisation brought chaos to that road my friend. Try traveling when their progs are going on you'll know what I'm talking about. They shouldn't have gone there in the first place. Nothing changed for the better. Its just got worse
masotemi:
Just my thoughts.
Its allowed. Hope my answers are ok for you. Pele

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 23, 2012
Pastors are celebrities in Nigeria
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by kinguwem: 9:02am On Nov 23, 2012

Just my thoughts.
The primary role of the church is to save souls & instill moral values in her members. If religious leaders do not get it right, then we should not expect much from their flock. Wealth acquisation is a cancer that is destroying the church. The nation cannot fight corruption when religious bodies don't rebuke corrupt persons and indulge in the same practice. The love of money is the root of all evil.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by kinguwem: 9:03am On Nov 23, 2012

Just my thoughts.
The primary role of the church is to save souls & instill moral values in her members. If religious leaders do not get it right, then we should not expect much from their flock. Wealth acquisation is a cancer that is destroying the church. The nation cannot fight corruption when religious bodies don't rebuke corrupt persons and indulge in the same practice. The love of money is the root of all evil.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by masotemi: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2012
Inova:
Let me assure you that they are bereft of logical reasoning. An example is you already with the way you are thinking. Well unless you want to claim to be an Illiterate.

Financial starvation is not the only problem of man. Do you think every accomplished persons are happy? They probably have some past evil deeds that needs retribution for God via a man that offers a means of short cut. An example is the case of
Akingbola, Cecilia, Atuche and the list goes on. Infact I forgot to add Ibori

Kindly give me an example of someone. I work in a bank and I can still admit that according to the tenets of the bible my money is not clean because the banking environment is so corrupt.... Need I say more

The cost. Besides buying expensive Jet fuel, parking the jet alone is costly. So flying or not, u'll still be incuring cost. Hope you have now been enlightened

The church was created and meant to abide by divine laws dat I'm sorry are no longer been followed. That why energy is directed there. Gerrit. Save souls not get money and live large.

Becos there is none. Its not their priority. Kindly name one charity work done by any of these jet flying pastors that still doesn't translate to extortion

And whoever told you the place was neglected. Religious organisation brought chaos to that road my friend. Try traveling when their progs are going on you'll know what I'm talking about. They shouldn't have gone there in the first place. Nothing changed for the better. Its just got worse

Its allowed. Hope my answers are ok for you. Pele
My task is to make convert and not to criticize. I pray that God makes abundant grace available to you and many others that opposes without logical reasons the impactful works of the Kingdom. Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by rusher14: 9:34am On Nov 23, 2012
odehaj: @OP The Secrets of men are in their stories. You need to find out how he(Oyedepo&others) started,the self denial,the sacrifices etc. The man simply read,understood & obeyed the Bible instructions and now he is a wonder to this generation.He is like a book people now research. What he did to get to this level some of you criticts can NEVER do it.Trekking miles for evangelisms,the fastings,the seed-sowings,rain fell&dried on him,snake fell on him etc..Someone who told his lecturer 'I'm a part time student & a full time christian'when the lecturer scolded him for severall
times absence from class. It is not easy to follow this Great God,but what a reward,its rewarding just take a look at him that's the reward! Don't hate him, my candid advise.Better still,You can leave your employment to go and start church if you think there isn't God.

What I have realized after several years of deliberating in my mind is this:
Perhaps sheep can communicate with each other. Perhaps one sheep might say to the other:
Those men are killers, one day they would take us to the slaughter and dine on our carcass.
In disbelief the other sheep would say:
Impossible, do you know how much he has done for us? Do you know that in the last year he has taken me from pasture to pasture?
Do you know that when the wolf came around he fought it off with his rod? You might choose to escape but for me, na here I go die.
That for me is the case of the modern day Christian with his/her MOG.

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 23, 2012
The truth is 80% of Nigerian Pastors are scammers....419 and 4110.....God punish them all....maga don wake up...make no dey pay again....I hardly go to church nowadays.......even CAC Church and other Orthodox churches have learnt the art of 419 from the Pentecostal bastards.....may God punish them all.......They are all going to HELL through DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION....shegey foefle..shmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by floriana(m): 9:56am On Nov 23, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Jesus equally dined and wined with corrupt men and women ! Some of thse pastors are not John the baptist who will always shout at the top of his voice or tell you to your face wen you contradict the word but that does not mean they dnt condemn them ! Stop hating and cursing bro !
''The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."-Mathew 11:19

God bless us
There have been lots of dumb comments on this thread but after carefully reading through them all, I hereby wish, by the power confer on me to award the gold medal of foolishness to this particular comment. Ka chineke mezi Okwu!

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 10:05am On Nov 23, 2012
kinguwem: The primary role of the church is to save souls & instill moral values in her members. If religious leaders do not get it right, then we should not expect much from their flock. Wealth acquisation is a cancer that is destroying the church. The nation cannot fight corruption when religious bodies don't rebuke corrupt persons and indulge in the same practice. The love of money is the root of all evil.
But not limited to saving souls ! The primary role of Jesus was to come die for man kind but it did not stop there as he was busy going around doing good ! Healing the lepers,raising the dead and also teaching men who follow him how to be good fishers of men. The love of money is the root of all evil.The bible never said money is evil ! God gave his children power to make wealth and christ said we should learn to manage this wealth we have made for the true heavenly riches to be committed into our hands.If as a child of God,i desire the good things of life,are pastors not also the children of God ?The kingdom of God comes with all these but if you choose to be limited,you can be limited after all wealth will not take you to heaven NEITHER WILL POVERTY TAKE YOU TO HEAVEN !If you follow these men of God you will observe that they dnt condone corrupt practices but you now see them as corrupt people becos they ride on cars and fly as well.I think if your father owns a jet you will be happy.But i will only be sad if my father owns a jet,appears on FORBES LIST AS THE RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD BUT DOES NOT HAVE JESUS ! If these men got Jesus,why do you now criticise them ?
Bro,they didn't steal from you and please dnt judge them just becos your church is yet to show you in the scriptures how you can receive from God ! The church AND THE men OF GOD gives nothing ! It is the WORD of God that gives all ! Any teaching that isn't scriptural is not from God.These men jst took something from the devil BY SHOWING US SCRIPTURALLY HOW gOD GIVES. bUT THE DEVIL ONLY WANT PPLE TO COME TO HIM SO HE CAN GIVE THEM THE LOOK ALIKE OF wealth but not the true riches and wealth from God !
Allow God to judge them bro !
God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 10:07am On Nov 23, 2012
Konmight: The truth is 80% of Nigerian Pastors are scammers....419 and 4110.....God punish them all....maga don wake up...make no dey pay again....I hardly go to church nowadays.......even CAC Church and other Orthodox churches have learnt the art of 419 from the Pentecostal bastards.....may God punish them all.......They are all going to HELL through DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION....shegey foefle..shmmmmmmmm
Thank God there are stil 20 percent that are genuine !
Christians dnt use such words ! Accept christ and be saved !
God bless you

God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by mko2005: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2012
floriana:
There have been lots of dumb comments on this thread but after carefully reading through them all, I hereby wish, by the power confer on me to award the gold medal of foolishness to this particular comment. Ka chineke mezi Okwu!
Chrsit was considered to be dumd and till date,people still give their lives to HIM in millions !The things of God appears very very foolish to the atheists or those who are ignorant of it ! But i pray God help you some day and reconcile you back to him.
God bless you !

God bless us
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by ochukoccna: 10:30am On Nov 23, 2012
His private jet was presented while he was sandwiched, like Jesus between two thieves, in the presence of a President who bizarrely declared he couldn’t see how corruption and road accidents are interlinked and, a governor whose public morals fall below average.
But here’s the problem: These pastors know that with Nigeria’s developmental progress comes their end. And they are actively complicit in the dysfunctionality of Nigeria to extend their own longevity.

The above is the meat of the article for me
Classic
Also after reading the various reactions to the article, I'm at a tie regarding who should be crowned religious maga of the decade between m.k.o2005 and masotemi cool cool
But hold it, they may be pastorpreneurs O! shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by floriana(m): 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Chrsit was considered to be dumd and till date,people still give their lives to HIM in millions !The things of God appears very very foolish to the atheists or those who are ignorant of it ! But i pray God help you some day and reconcile you back to him.
God bless you !

God bless us
If you own a copy of the Bible please read Matthew 7:28,29 and act 4:13. Those portions of the scriptures show that neither Jesus nor his 1st century disciples were considered dumb. The reason why people like you are dumb is because you have become followers or men rather than God. Contrary to your unreasonable assertion people actually give their lives to Christ till today because they consider him to the the wisest, smartest and most caring man to traverse the face of the earth. Your response is a reaffirmation of your being eminently worthy of the diadem of foolishness earlier conferred on you.

3 Likes

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 24, 2012
damils: If U think they are defrauding people then U should also go put people together and defraud them and then come back to tell us how easy it was for U to start a church, nutria it till maturity and then how it was possible for U to defraud them.
Anyone who condemns God's ministers because he/she feels he knows how to speak or write good english is simply an "ANTI-CHRIST" or simply put "A DEVIL", and his or her end is The Lake of Fire.
No matter what, these are Men of God and U should have respect for your lives because till u pay with the last drop of ur blood, God isnt gonna stop fighting U.

People like you are the reason these "theives" may never be caught! You are their soldier, you will even fight for them with your life if need be. Good for you, goodluck with emancipating yourself from their obvious brain wash. Its a pity
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by jpphilips(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
Inspired4life: There are real Pastors and there are fake Pastors. Not everyone is called. Some were called into ministry by God while others called themselves due to financial benefits. Many are called, but few are chosen so we need to employ discernment in our judgement and criticism of men of God.

what is calling?? who called who ?? jesus in his infinite wisdom handed over the gospel to 12 normal people and someone tells you he has a calling and u take him serious.??

sir, you need deliverance from ignorance. may the annointing of logic visit you today.

1 Like

Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by jpphilips(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Please who is saying they are all stealing ?The bible said we should obey the word of God.The man of God opened my eyes to understand how to give to the poor,God,man and the church her self.Or, i studied my bible and with the help of the holy spirit i got a revelation regarding how to give or sow,i obeyed the word of God,and ''gave GOD'' the same money he blessed me with and you say the pastor was the one who stole the money from me.Yet i did not see anything contrary to the word of God as preached by the pastor,it was not the quran that the pastor used in his preaching,it was still d same bible i have bin reading, no form of deception at least to d best of my knowledge,i did not part with my money at gun point,it was not as if the pastor lied to me,all the things the bible said i should do that if i do them i will get this and that positive results and i have bin seeing all those things.But even if am yet to see them,was it not by faith i did them ? Or have i seen Jesus before ? Was i there when he was crucified ? But becos it is written that's why am doing them my brother. Even if i give to these pastors to help me give to God or i give expecting that God will come pick it up,if the pastors fail to give it to God or stops God from picking up my offering,how does that concerns me ? If God can't fight them,then who are my to fight them ?
Funny enough most people shouting foul foul !,they dnt even give .
The above isn't addressing you OP but your statement !
God bless us

i know all men are not born great but at what point in your life will you ask God for wisdom??

do you know that God hates aiding and abetting more than Nigerian police?

in ur words, you dont care if your pastor accounts to humanity or God, and as a child of God you dare not speak out on those who has possesed God's gifts??

Gods judgement awaits the pastor who enrished himself with Gods gift and you who refuse to speak out in condemnation.
Re: Jail Is Too Good For Nigerian Pastors by jpphilips(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I dnt know who is complaining here ! I'm yet to see one who said he gave and got broke or became poor as a result of that. Infact,i give below my level and it's hurting me going by the teachings of our lord Jesus.
God bless us

are you saying all the members are rich because they are giving to pastors
are you aware that the bible did not stipulate you should give to the pastor but church (the body of christ)??
are you aware that the bible was explicit when it says you should bring offering to the church??
why are pastors utilizing that which is meant for the church??

my pastor said that people who do not pay tithe are robbing God. i believed him, after people paid. the rest became history. is that not a slap on common sense??

how can you call me a thief for not paying tithe yet you are not accountable to me when using the money others have paid?

my verdict is simple, any pastor that solely uses Gods money for luxury has robbed God not even poor members like people errorneously allege.

God must have a good reason why Jesus wasnt the richest in his time. and any follower of christ should not live in opulence.

lastly,

it is my duty to stop pastor from stealing Gods money as much as it is his duty to remind me when i rob God for not paying my tithe.

for every christian who allowed their pastors to use Gods money for frivolities, you will be judged accordingly.

stop Nigerian pastors today and make our society a better place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: Adamawa Council Chairmen Defect To Pdp / Adewole Adebayo: Abuja Would Have Been Like Ajaokuta If Not For IBB's Vision / Reno Omokri Blasts Lai Mohammed Over Fresh Allegations Against PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.