Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,460 members, 7,978,502 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:29 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (886539 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 2:39pm On May 28, 2013
HAVING PRAYED, DON'T DOUBT! *PASTOR CHRIS* TUESDAY, MAY 28TH, 2013
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:23-24).

When you’ve prayed for something you desire, it’s important you don’t allow doubt into your heart. This is a very essential faith-principle in prayer, especially the prayer of faith. There’re different kinds of prayers, and the prayer of faith is one of them. Unlike other kinds of prayer, such as the prayer of intercession or the prayer of petition, where repetitiveness is permissible, the rule of the prayer of faith is that you should believe that you receive when you pray.

Asking the Lord repeatedly for the same thing implies that doubt has set in within your heart. For each time you repeat yourself, you invalidate your previous request. That’s akin to a farmer who plants a seed one day and uproots it the next; then he plants it again and uproots the following day. That seed will never grow, and as a result, he’ll never have a harvest from it no matter how much he desires a harvest.

Your spirit was programmed by God to respond to His Word. The Bible says, "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness…" (Romans 10:10); it’s your spirit that God seeks to influence. Hence, the Word of God in the human spirit produces faith. Even though your mind may raise doubtful questions as to the convictions in your spirit, it doesn’t mean you’ve doubted in your heart. The doubting that opposes faith, is that which emanates from the human spirit.

By continually acting on the Word, you can develop strong faith. Abraham had strong faith! He called himself "father of many" even when he didn’t have any physical descendants; he was strong in faith, giving glory to God (Romans 4:20). He gave no room for doubt. That’s one of the characteristics of strong faith. Stand your ground that you have what God says you have; accept, believe, and act on the Word, for it never fails.

CONFESSION
My faith is alive and strong, prevailing over circumstances. I refuse to stagger at the Word of God through unbelief; but I’m strong in faith, convinced that God’s Word never fails, and confident that I have whatsoever I desire when I pray, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Romans 4:19-21
New Life Version (NLV)
19 Abraham was about one hundred years old. His body was about dead, but his faith in God was not weak when he thought of his body. His faith was not weak when he thought of his wife Sarah being past the age of having children. 20 Abraham did not doubt God’s promise. His faith in God was strong, and he gave thanks to God. 21 He was sure God was able to do what He had promised.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan : John 13:31-14:1-14, 2 Kings 23-25
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 13:24-37 Numbers 31
Pastor Olu T:

This is beautiful!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 2:49pm On May 28, 2013
meggy4real:
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:23-24).

When you’ve prayed for something you desire, it’s important you don’t allow doubt into your heart. This is a very essential faith-principle in prayer, especially the prayer of faith. There’re different kinds of prayers, and the prayer of faith is one of them. Unlike other kinds of prayer, such as the prayer of intercession or the prayer of petition, where repetitiveness is permissible, the rule of the prayer of faith is that you should believe that you receive when you pray.

Asking the Lord repeatedly for the same thing implies that doubt has set in within your heart. For each time you repeat yourself, you invalidate your previous request. That’s akin to a farmer who plants a seed one day and uproots it the next; then he plants it again and uproots the following day. That seed will never grow, and as a result, he’ll never have a harvest from it no matter how much he desires a harvest.

Your spirit was programmed by God to respond to His Word. The Bible says, "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness…" (Romans 10:10); it’s your spirit that God seeks to influence. Hence, the Word of God in the human spirit produces faith. Even though your mind may raise doubtful questions as to the convictions in your spirit, it doesn’t mean you’ve doubted in your heart. The doubting that opposes faith, is that which emanates from the human spirit.

By continually acting on the Word, you can develop strong faith. Abraham had strong faith! He called himself "father of many" even when he didn’t have any physical descendants; he was strong in faith, giving glory to God (Romans 4:20). He gave no room for doubt. That’s one of the characteristics of strong faith. Stand your ground that you have what God says you have; accept, believe, and act on the Word, for it never fails.

CONFESSION
My faith is alive and strong, prevailing over circumstances. I refuse to stagger at the Word of God through unbelief; but I’m strong in faith, convinced that God’s Word never fails, and confident that I have whatsoever I desire when I pray, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
New Life Version (NLV)
19 Abraham was about one hundred years old. His body was about dead, but his faith in God was not weak when he thought of his body. His faith was not weak when he thought of his wife Sarah being past the age of having children. 20 Abraham did not doubt God’s promise. His faith in God was strong, and he gave thanks to God. 21 He was sure God was able to do what He had promised.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 2:50pm On May 28, 2013
TWO THINGS ARE JUST ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO YOU.

Number 1; It is either you find favour.
Number 2; OR favour finds you.

Challenges are not forever, the bible says surely there is an end and your expectation shall not be cut off. It is your expectation that destroys the challenges, Once you expect it to end today, it has no choice but to end. I decree the end of those issues you don't like in Jesus precious name. So Expect It To End Today. SMILE through out today as a proof that you believe this word. Proverbs 23:18. OMEGA CYBER MINISTRY
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:24am On May 29, 2013
hello guys, been a while.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:13am On May 29, 2013
#mourning cry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:25am On May 29, 2013
ATMC: #mourning cry

What's wrong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 11:24am On May 29, 2013
musKeeto:

What's wrong?
a loved one passed on yesterday...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superbloke(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2013
ATMC: a loved one passed on yesterday...
Sorry about that. It is well my sister. The Lord is your strength
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 12:43pm On May 29, 2013
superbloke:
Sorry about that. It is well my sister. The Lord is your strength
#nods
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 29, 2013

Take heart dear. Be strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 2:09pm On May 29, 2013
Sorry dear. It is wellsmiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 2:16pm On May 29, 2013
Loss can really make one to loose appetite #exhales
@muskeeto and an0nim thanks
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 29, 2013
Yeah. Been there. Just don't dwell on it. Be around friends. Rest. Avoid being alone for long periods if possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 29, 2013
@Anon: long time. How you dey?

Wey ReyG?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:11pm On May 29, 2013
ATMC: Loss can really make one to loose appetite #exhales
@muskeeto and an0nim thanks
m so sowi, situations like this leaves me speechless. The Lord is your strength dear.

Will put you in my prayers.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:13pm On May 29, 2013
Hello guys, been sick and avoiding this thread, was busy minding someone's lovelife.

Still not ok but will be soon, hey Maggy grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 29, 2013
cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 29, 2013
So sorry for your pain, ATMC. I pray you be kept through this time of pain. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 3:56pm On May 29, 2013
musKeeto: Yeah. Been there. Just don't dwell on it. Be around friends. Rest. Avoid being alone for long periods if possible.
yeah...been glued to d tele throughout today unlike me, mainly cos of d public hols and cos i like d program running.
@maria thanks, where'd you been?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 3:58pm On May 29, 2013
@ihey #smiles thanks
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by PastorOluT(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2013
Are you prepared for the second coming of JESUS?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 6:40pm On May 29, 2013
musKeeto: @Anon: long time. How you dey?

Wey ReyG?
Been great Chief. Na readers association of Nairaland I join recently. Literature section things cool Reyginus should be busy with school stuff.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 29, 2013
An0nimus:
Been great Chief. Na readers association of Nairaland I join recently. Literature section things cool Reyginus should be busy with school stuff.
Lol. Nice one. Enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JeSoul(f): 6:53pm On May 29, 2013
So sorry to hear that dear sis. I pray God's strength will not fail you during this difficult time. Take heart ehn.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 9:17pm On May 29, 2013
JeSoul:
ok
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by PastorOluT(m): 9:33am On May 30, 2013
It is clear from the scriptures that salvation is instant, once you accept Jesus as your Lord and savior you are Heaven bound. But we know no one is immediately translated after that but continue to live on earth. This is the reason we have to continue to live for Him daily so we will be kept safe to Heaven!

And because iniquity shall abound, the love many shall wax cold. But he who endure to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:13

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Hy2man4: 10:05am On May 30, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: And sometimes u might be looking @ da wrong place
The Christian life is a continual struggle against the forces of darkness, paving the way to peace,and bringing life and immortality to light through the gospel of Christ. A christian is not endowed with the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind that illuminates or manifests in the Christian's general comportment in life- a life of peace, love, modesty, and hospitality that makes even the Christian's worst enemy to be his/her secret admirer!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 3:22pm On May 30, 2013
^by forces of darkness you mean?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 4:45pm On May 30, 2013
meggy4real: TWO THINGS ARE JUST ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO YOU.

Challenges are not forever, the bible says surely there is an end and your expectation shall not be cut off. It is your expectation that destroys the challenges, Once you expect it to end today, it has no choice but to end. I decree the end of those issues you don't like in Jesus precious name. So Expect It To End Today. SMILE through out today as a proof that you believe this word. Proverbs 23:18. OMEGA CYBER MINISTRY
MARRIED OR NOT, YOU SHOULD READ THIS ... “

When I got home that night as my wife
served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve
got something to tell you. She sat down
and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt
in her eyes. Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my
mouth. But I had to let her know what I
was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the
topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed
by my words, instead she asked me softly,
why? I avoided her question. This made her
angry. She threw away the chopsticks and
shouted at me, you are not a man! That
night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was
weeping. I knew she wanted to find out
what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer;
she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love
her anymore. I just pitied her! With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a
divorce agreement which stated that she
could own our house, our car, and 30%
stake of my company. She glanced at it and
then tore it into pieces. The woman who
had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her
wasted time, resources and energy but I
could not take back what I had said for I
loved Jane so dearly. Finally she cried loudly
in front of me, which was what I had
expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which
had obsessed me for several weeks
seemed to be firmer and clearer now. The next day, I came back home very late
and found her writing something at the
table. I didn’t have supper but went
straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast
because I was tired after an eventful day
with Jane. When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not
care so I turned over and was asleep again. In the morning she presented her divorce
conditions: she didn’t want anything from
me, but needed a month’s notice before
the divorce. She requested that in that one
month we both struggle to live as normal a
life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month’s time
and she didn’t want to disrupt him with our
broken marriage. This was agreeable to me. But she had
something more, she asked me to recall
how I had carried her into out bridal room
on our wedding day. She requested that
every day for the month’s duration I carry
her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going
crazy. Just to make our last days together
bearable I accepted her odd request. I told Jane about my wife’s divorce
conditions. . She laughed loudly and
thought it was absurd. No matter what
tricks she applies, she has to face the
divorce, she said scornfully. My wife and I hadn’t had any body contact
since my divorce intention was explicitly
expressed. So when I carried her out on the
first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son
clapped behind us, daddy is holding
mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the
sitting room, then to the door, I walked
over ten meters with her in my arms. She
closed her eyes and said softly; don’t tell
our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling
somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for the bus to
work. I drove alone to the office. On the second day, both of us acted much
more easily. She leaned on my chest. I
could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I
realized that I hadn’t looked at this woman
carefully for a long time. I realized she was
not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying!
Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For
a minute I wondered what I had done to
her. On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I
felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was
the woman who had given ten years of her
life to me. On the fifth and sixth day, I
realized that our sense of intimacy was
growing again. I didn’t tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month
slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout
made me stronger. She was choosing what to wear one
morning. She tried on quite a few dresses
but could not find a suitable one. Then she
sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I
suddenly realized that she had grown so
thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily. Suddenly it hit me… she had buried so
much pain and bitterness in her heart.
Subconsciously I reached out and touched
her head. Our son came in at the moment and said,
Dad, it’s time to carry mom out. To him,
seeing his father carrying his mother out
had become an essential part of his life. My
wife gestured to our son to come closer
and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change
my mind at this last minute. I then held her
in my arms, walking from the bedroom,
through the sitting room, to the hallway.
Her hand surrounded my neck softly and
naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day. But her much lighter weight made me sad.
On the last day, when I held her in my arms
I could hardly move a step. Our son had
gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I
hadn’t noticed that our life lacked
intimacy. I drove to office…. jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I
was afraid any delay would make me
change my mind…I walked upstairs. Jane
opened the door and I said to her, Sorry,
Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore. She looked at me, astonished, and then
touched my forehead. Do you have a fever?
She said. I moved her hand off my head.
Sorry, Jane, I said, I won’t divorce. My
marriage life was boring probably because
she and I didn’t value the details of our lives, not because we didn’t love each other
anymore. Now I realize that since I carried
her into my home on our wedding day I am
supposed to hold her until death do us
apart. Jane seemed to suddenly wake up.
She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked
downstairs and drove away. At the floral
shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of
flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me
what to write on the card. I smiled and
wrote, I’ll carry you out every morning until death do us apart. That evening I arrived home, flowers in my
hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs,
only to find my wife in the bed -dead. My
wife had been fighting CANCER for months
and I was so busy with Jane to even notice.
She knew that she would die soon and she wanted to save me from the whatever
negative reaction from our son, in case we
push through with the divorce.— At least,
in the eyes of our son—- I’m a loving
husband…. The small details of your lives are what
really matter in a relationship. It is not the
mansion, the car, property, the money in
the bank. These create an environment
conducive for happiness but cannot give
happiness in themselves. So find time to be your spouse’s friend and
do those little things for each other that
build intimacy. Do have a real happy
marriage! If you don’t share this, nothing will happen
to you. If you do, you just might save a marriage.
Many of life’s failures are people who did
not realize how close they were to success
when they gave up. Remember love is the richest of all
treasures. Without it there is nothing; and
with it there is everything. Love never
perishes , even if the bones of a lover are
ground fine like powder. Just as the
perfume of sandalwood does not leave it, even if it is completely ground up, similarly
the basis of love is the soul, and it is
indestructible and therefore eternal.
Beauty can be destroyed , but not love.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 4:56pm On May 30, 2013
JOY STEMS FROM FELLOWSHIP! *PASTOR ANITA* THURSDAY, MAY 30TH, 2013
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full (John 15:11).

The words of the Master above help us understand that the life of joy stems from a life of fellowship with the Lord. Romans 14:17 says, "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." A life of righteousness, peace, and joy is the result of our fellowship with the Holy Spirit and His glorious Word.

Nehemiah 8:10 says, "…the joy of the Lord is your strength"; this refers to the joy that fellowshipping with the Lord inspires in your heart. The Apostle Peter describes it as joy unspeakable and full of glory: "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory" (1 Peter 1:cool.

As we fellowship with the Lord, though we don’t see Him with our optical eyes, our hearts are knit with Him in joy: the joy of knowing Him, the joy of serving Him, the joy of being called by His Name, and the joy of being made partakers (associates) of the God-kind. This joy transcends physical circumstances and emotions; it’s what keeps us standing on God’s Word, counting it all joy, even when we go through diverse tests (James 1:2). The people of the world can’t explain why we’re able to maintain a joyful spirit in the midst of unnerving and trying circumstances; it’s because the joy of the Lord is our strength.

You were born into a life of rejoicing; therefore, refuse to allow anything make you sad, discouraged or downcast. You don’t need a humourist or jester to make this happen; the joy of the Lord is in your spirit; you can stir up joy from within through fellowship with the Word and the Holy Spirit.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into union with you, and for ordaining me to be fruitful and productive in every good work, joyfully bringing forth fruits unto righteousness. I yield my heart to your Spirit today in fellowship; in the process, your joy abounds in my heart, and I bear much more fruits, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
John 15:5-6
New Life Version (NLV)
5 I am the Vine and you are the branches. Get your life from Me. Then I will live in you and you will give much fruit. You can do nothing without Me.
6 “If anyone does not get his life from Me, he is cut off like a branch and dries up. Such branches are gathered and thrown into the fire and they are burned.

1 John 1:6-7
New Life Version (NLV)
6 If we say we are joined together with Him but live in darkness, we are telling a lie. We are not living the truth. 7 If we live in the light as He is in the light, we share what we have in God with each other. And the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, makes our lives clean from all sin.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Chronicles 3-4 John 15:1-17
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 14:12-21 Numbers 33
meggy4real:

CONFESSION

FURTHER STUDY
New Life Version (NLV)

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 5:04pm On May 30, 2013
THE LIBERATING POWER OF THE GOSPEL! *PASTOR CHRIS* WEDNESDAY, MAY 29TH, 2013
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

In Acts 14, Luke gives an account of Paul the Apostle ministering at Lystra; and seeing a man who was impotent in his feet. The Bible tells us that Paul, perceiving that the man had faith to be healed, said to him with a loud voice, "…Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked" (Acts 14:10). The remarkable thing about this account is what Paul did. He simply announced the Gospel. The man believed the message that Paul preached, and faith came alive in his spirit. Paul then commanded him to stand upright on his feet and he obeyed. Thus, his hitherto lame limbs received strength.

Now, this is not exclusive to the Apostle Paul. The Bible tells us how, on a certain day, the Apostle Peter went through the quarters, visiting the saints at Lydda. There he found a certain man named Aeneas, who was sick of the palsy and bedridden for eight long years. He had received the Gospel in that condition and believed in Jesus Christ. However, when Peter came to him and saw him lying paralyzed on the bed, he said, "Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed" (Acts 9:34). Immediately, the man stood up healed.

Just like Paul, Peter didn’t pray for Aeneas; he didn’t have to. All he did was to give him the Gospel in a nutshell. That’s what the Gospel message can do in the life of anyone who receives it. It’s a message that works. Peter realized that the life of Christ was all Aeneas needed to overcome paralysis. This is the life that’s available to everyone who believes in Jesus Christ. Life and immortality have been unveiled through the Gospel (2 Timothy 1:10), and you’re the bearer of this good news in your world. God has anointed you to deliver men from bondage into the glorious liberty of the sons of God through the power of the Gospel; therefore be passionate about leading others to Christ.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that gives me insight into your perfect will, and guides me in the path of victory, divine health, and dominion, causing me to deal wisely in the affairs of life. Today, I manifest the glories, beauty, and power of the life of Christ in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
2 Peter 1:2-4
New Life Version (NLV)
2 May you have more and more of His loving-favor and peace as you come to know God and our Lord Jesus Christ better.
Christians Are to Grow
3 He gives us everything we need for life and for holy living. He gives it through His great power. As we come to know Him better, we learn that He called us to share His own shining-greatness and perfect life. 4 Through His shining-greatness and perfect life, He has given us promises. These promises are of great worth and no amount of money can buy them. Through these promises you can have God’s own life in you now that you have gotten away from the sinful things of the world which came from wrong desires of the flesh.

Romans 8:10
New Life Version (NLV)
10 If Christ is in you, your spirit lives because you are right with God, and yet your body is dead because of sin.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Chronicles 1-2 John 14:15-31
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 14:1-11 Numbers 32
meggy4real:
JOY STEMS FROM FELLOWSHIP! *PASTOR ANITA* THURSDAY, MAY 30TH, 2013
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full (John 15:11).

The words of the Master above help us understand that the life of joy stems from a life of fellowship with the Lord. Romans 14:17 says, "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." A life of righteousness, peace, and joy is the result of our fellowship with the Holy Spirit and His glorious Word.

Nehemiah 8:10 says, "…the joy of the Lord is your strength"; this refers to the joy that fellowshipping with the Lord inspires in your heart. The Apostle Peter describes it as joy unspeakable and full of glory: "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory" (1 Peter 1:cool.

As we fellowship with the Lord, though we don’t see Him with our optical eyes, our hearts are knit with Him in joy: the joy of knowing Him, the joy of serving Him, the joy of being called by His Name, and the joy of being made partakers (associates) of the God-kind. This joy transcends physical circumstances and emotions; it’s what keeps us standing on God’s Word, counting it all joy, even when we go through diverse tests (James 1:2). The people of the world can’t explain why we’re able to maintain a joyful spirit in the midst of unnerving and trying circumstances; it’s because the joy of the Lord is our strength.

You were born into a life of rejoicing; therefore, refuse to allow anything make you sad, discouraged or downcast. You don’t need a humourist or jester to make this happen; the joy of the Lord is in your spirit; you can stir up joy from within through fellowship with the Word and the Holy Spirit.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into union with you, and for ordaining me to be fruitful and productive in every good work, joyfully bringing forth fruits unto righteousness. I yield my heart to your Spirit today in fellowship; in the process, your joy abounds in my heart, and I bear much more fruits, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
John 15:5-6
New Life Version (NLV)
5 I am the Vine and you are the branches. Get your life from Me. Then I will live in you and you will give much fruit. You can do nothing without Me.
6 “If anyone does not get his life from Me, he is cut off like a branch and dries up. Such branches are gathered and thrown into the fire and they are burned.

1 John 1:6-7
New Life Version (NLV)
6 If we say we are joined together with Him but live in darkness, we are telling a lie. We are not living the truth. 7 If we live in the light as He is in the light, we share what we have in God with each other. And the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, makes our lives clean from all sin.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Chronicles 3-4 John 15:1-17
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 14:12-21 Numbers 33
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 5:10pm On May 30, 2013
I am GOING to be taking YOU through some SERIES in the next few days I HOpe you learn from them.

Have you heard of the WORD TEMPERAMENT?

What Is Temperament?
Before defining what Temperament is, we need to first discuss the inner person’s composition, which is made up of what has been called the “Building Blocks” that are
very helpful in understanding human behavior.

The inner person is composed of the following dynamics:
(Building Blocks and Temperament)

Temperament pinpoints our perceptions of ourselves and the people who love and care about us.

Although “Temperament” is not specifically mentioned in the Old or New Testament Scriptures, in Psalm 139 King

David (knowing nothing about DNA) knew that before you were born, God designed you.... “For you created my innermost being...” While your body was being
differentiated within your mother’s womb, each “inward part” was designed exactly as God intended - including both your strengths and weaknesses.

Temperament is based upon a “creationist view” and not an evolutionary view of human origin and development. In Genesis 1:27 the Word of God says, “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female created he them”.

Temperament is similar to gender in the sense that there are certain environment
influences that can alter the gender, but never really change it.

Temperament is not genetic in the sense that it is not passed through the genes and chromosomes of men and women.

Your Temperament contains your
inborn qualities coded by a loving and wise Creator and these qualities make up your unique identity.

Traditionally there had been four temperaments:
Melancholy, Sanguine, Choleric and Phlegmatic. The fifth temperament that was identified through the Arno’s’ research is called the Supine.

This identification area describes a person who is a servant and feels that they have little or no value.
meggy4real: TWO THINGS ARE JUST ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO YOU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Purposeful Team Players – Part 2 / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.