Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,728 members, 7,979,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (886896 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SpicyMimi(f): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2013
vxtr: Hello guys, was expecting some lively discussions in here but couldnt find any being a christian chat box thou I ve only checked the last 2 pages. Ok ,I m gonnA set the ball rolling with this question, and pls I want an honest, sincere and matured biblical answers.is it right for christians in a relationship to be pecking and kissing during courtship. grin grin

i know am not perfect, bt the Bible says' aand ye shall know the truth and the Truth shall set ye free'
as a christian that you are, you shouldnt engage in such until u r married!

I wont say much on this, bt i want u to know something.....God is the same yesterday, today and forever and His standards vent changed yet! It takes a godly and an holy person to enter the Kingdom of God, now ask urself...as a Christian....kissn and fornicating or whatso ever in any form does it makes u feel holy?

The Kingdom of God is not for everyone! It got high standards...which costs nothing other than sacrifices!
Can u scarifice these things for God? Can u let go of some of these worldy things for God?

The Kingdom of God no b beans o!!

Its the Survival of the Fittests!!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2013
To me, i dont think its bad. And answering that question with good bible verse dey hard o. Or bible didnt talk abt kissing and pecking, but kissing and pecking is no sin to me.

Guys here no dey answer restinn sef. Person don ask question o, come ansa am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Damex333: To me, i dont think its bad. And answering that question with good bible verse dey hard o. Or bible didnt talk abt kissing and pecking, but kissing and pecking is no sin to me.

Guys here no dey answer restinn sef. Person don ask question o, come ansa am.
what happened to the body being the temple of God? How many people are you going to 'peck and kiss' before you marry?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
The brother dt asked d question said 'courting' and for two people to court, means they plan to marry. Now if during courtship, d two parties decide to kiss, its not a SIN! D reason many people call it a sin is because most christians do eye service. They avoid kissing during courtship so they'll have cause to boast not really cos they revere God, otherwise they'll also avoid d evil thought and all other sins they commit when nobody is watching. Some people avoid kissing cos they fear d congregation and pastor and cos they 're under surveillance...why should one be more conscious of sin than righteousness? I'm yet to have my first kiss with a guy behind closed doors but that does not in any way make me better than the person who's been kissing for i do fall short in other areas. D same people dt say i can't kiss a guy during courtship kiss babies and i wonder what difference exists between d two. We walk in love as christian and if you two want a kiss, go ahead and share one so long as its borne of love.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SpicyMimi(f): 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
If there is anything no one should justify...that its fornication, and if u r justifying that? Then u know nothing about christianity.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SpicyMimi(f): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: what happened to the body being the temple of God? How many people are you going to 'peck and kiss' before you marry?
good question.

The Bible made us to understand that, it is okay if we decided not to get married, bt if we know we cant control ourselves, then its also okay to get married.
So if u wna kiss and peck, do it legally and in a holy way.

The truth is, the truth is always bitter! Its not easy to make Heaven mehn, its either Heaven or hell.....and heaven is too holy to accomodate fornicators!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SpicyMimi(f): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
ATMC: The brother dt asked d question said 'courting' and for two people to court, means they plan to marry. Now if during courtship, d two parties decide to kiss, its not a SIN! D reason many people call it a sin is because most christians do eye service. They avoid kissing during courtship so they'll have cause to boast not really cos they revere God, otherwise they'll also avoid d evil thought and all other sins they commit when nobody is watching. Some people avoid kissing cos they fear d congregation and pastor and cos they 're under surveillance...why should one be more conscious of sin than righteousness? I'm yet to have my first kiss with a guy behind closed doors but that does not in any way make me better than the person who's been kissing for i do fall short in other areas. D same people dt say i can't kiss a guy during courtship kiss babies and i wonder what difference exists between d two. We walk in love as christian and if you two want a kiss, go ahead and share one so long as its borne of love.
you think all courtships leads to marriage? What about those who changed their minds about who they r getting married to few days to their wedding day? Courtship doesnt guarantees Marriage dear! You cant please God and please men, u are left with just one choice here!
Yes there are other sins as well, and we must avoid them as well! 99percent righteousness and 1percent unrighteousness will still lead pple to hell! So if u cant keep all d commands and laws of God, then just opt out completely...instead of decievn ourselves that we are being loyal to God yet ignoring some of his laws!
We take so many things for granted, and those are the things that leads most pple to hell.
The truth is boldly written in our hearts, its either we accept it or not! The choice is ours. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
@spicymimi are we talking about fornication or are we talking about kissing? Well, i'm aware dt some courtships don't lead to marriage but dt's because d people involved didn't understand dt courtship ought to lead to marriage. Well, to d pure all things are pure. If i'm courting a guy today and he wants to kiss me, i definitely wont say no, its sin. Its not necessary, if i want to share the kiss i'll go ahead and if i don't want to, then i wont but it definitely wont be cos i think its a sin. Why be so attached to kissing matters when there are other pressing matters like pride...?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: what happened to the body being the temple of God? How many people are you going to 'peck and kiss' before you marry?

[size=13pt] 10Q [/size]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SpicyMimi(f): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
Pressing matters Dearie all matters here are pressing! No matter how small or big d sin might be, its all pressing!
We are just addressing dis particular issue because someone brought it up, if it were pride we would ve addressed it as well.

Anyway d choice is urs, doesnt makes me mre holier than u are..i just felt the truth shud b told.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Damex333:

Guys here no dey answer Questinn sef. Person don ask question o, come ansa am.
[size=13pt]lol... [/size]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: Pressing matters Dearie all matters here are pressing! No matter how small or big d sin might be, its all pressing!
We are just addressing dis particular issue because someone brought it up, if it were pride we would ve addressed it as well.

Anyway d choice is urs, doesnt makes me mre holier than u are..i just felt the truth shud b told.
how are you? Its been a while...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
@ ATMC; kissing a baby (child) is showing affection to that particular baby like we all love to play with kids, peck them etc. But I think a brother kissing a sister is something else on its own, kissing goes with feelings right? Is it ok to express those feeling at the courting stage? What if the two cannot control what 'kissing' brings?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
dagr8:

[size=13pt] 10Q [/size]
what is that?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: Pressing matters Dearie all matters here are pressing! No matter how small or big d sin might be, its all pressing!

Hello...afternoon to ya'll cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
[size=13pt]w.r.t d question on ground...
There is nothing wrong with kissing and pecking...we do kiss babies just like ATMC pointed out..in fact some people would quote 1 Peter 5: 14...
But when it comes to folks in a relationship...hmmm...you know, you have got some feelings at work here...romantic feelings of course...
The Bible says we should flee from sexual Sin ( I Cor 6:18 ) It also did say we should "flee all appearances of evil"...
We all know that kissing is a gateway to the real act...don't get me wrong,you can actually kiss successfully and not proceed to the real act...depending on your level of self-control...But like the Yoruba people would say.:" The meat you are not ready to eat you don't sniff it"...
The person you are kissing in this case is someone you have sexual feelings for and d feeling is mutual...especially if you are behind closed doors...kissing can lead to passionate touching o, caressing and folding come up...from there something will tell you to touch those sensitive parts...like that like that, you will not know when you will reach the final stage...mind you, this process can span from several minutes to several weeks..is subtle and gradual...
In other words, you can engage in kissing and spoil things and you might not as well...but instead of putting yourself in danger why not avoid it until the right time when there is nothing to fear...
Patience is a virtue o [/size]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: what is that?
[size=13pt] Short form of "Thank You"

You saw my mail [/size]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
dagr8: [size=13pt]
w.r.t d question on ground...
There is nothing wrong with kissing and pecking...we do kiss babies just like ATMC pointed out..in fact some people would quote 1 Peter 5: 14...
But when it comes to folks in a relationship...hmmm...you know, you have got some feelings at work here...romantic feelings of course...
The Bible says we should flee from sexual Sin ( I cor 6:18 ) It also did say we should "flee all appearances of evil"...
We all know that kissing is a gateway to the real act...dont get me wrong,you can actually kiss successfully and not proceed to the real act...depending on your level of self-control...But like the Yoruba people would say.:" The meat you are not ready to eat you don't sniff it...
The person you are kissing in this case is someone you have sexual feelings for and d feeling is mutual...especially if you are behind closed door...kissing can lead to passionate touching o, caressing and folding come up...from there something will tell you to touch those sensitive parts...like that like that, you will not know when you will reach the final stage...mind you, this process can span from several minutes to several weeks..is subtle and gradual...
In other words, you can engage in kiss and spoil things and you might not as well...but instead of putting yourself in danger why not avoid it until the right time when there is nothing to fear...
Patience is a virtue o [/size]
*coughs* mhhhhhhm
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
dagr8:
[size=13pt] Short form of "Thank You"

You saw my mail [/size]

forgive me for being ignorant, I was busy when it came in and I forgot to reply you later. Can I now? *shaking*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
ATMC: I'm yet to have my first kiss with a guy behind closed doors
[size=13pt] shocked shocked shocked...hmmm...are u serious tongue [/size]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
dagr8:
[size=13pt] shocked shocked shocked...hmmm...are u serious tongue [/size]
lol, where is A when he is needed
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dagr8 mail replied
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Dagr8 mail replied
[size=13pt]Seen and attended to.. [/size]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SpicyMimi(f): 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
ATMC: how are you? Its been a while...
erm....am fine, thanks and u?....bt what do u mean by its been a while? Lol cause this is my first time in this chat room. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SpicyMimi(f): 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hello...afternoon to ya'll cheesy
hiii...how was ur day or how is it going? smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi:
erm....am fine, thanks and u?....bt what do u mean by its been a while? Lol cause this is my first time in this chat room. smiley
[size=13pt] ...and dey did not welcome you....imagine

lemmie sing for u jare
*you are welcome in d name of the Lord(X2)
I can see all over you the glory of the Lord...You are welcome in the name of the Lord*

Will uploadn d song 4 u later... wink[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi:
we met at d romance section. Either we quarrelled or we were to woo same guy, can't remember exactly.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace
SpicyMimi
ATMC
. dagr8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superbloke(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hmmm! *nodding* smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: @ ATMC; kissing a baby (child) is showing affection to that particular baby like we all love to play with kids, peck them etc. But I think a brother kissing a sister is something else on its own, kissing goes with feelings right? Is it ok to express those feeling at the courting stage? What if the two cannot control what 'kissing' brings?

i believe in pure love.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi:
hiii...how was ur day or how is it going? smiley
I had the best day ever....grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
toba: HumbledbYGrace
SpicyMimi
ATMC
. dagr8
toba

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Do Not Deceive / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.