Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,534 members, 7,921,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? (33502 Views)

Jim Iyke, Dbanj Who Rocked The Denim On Denim Better? / 2face Vs Davido:Who Rocks The N1million Gold Encrusted Sneakers Better?(pics / 2face Vs Pasuma (in Terms Of English Speaking Who Is The Best) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Rotimi47: 8:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
Why do people keep going in circle when their is a point of exit? As Nigerian's, we bring up sentiment in every debate; ∂ 'banj is by far bigger cos there were times on CNN and BBCC that ∂ 'banj songs scape goat and oliver twist were used at †ђε background of some programmes,thank God I was not †ђε only one who heard it then. please mention any Nigerian musician that have achieved such a feat. That's τ̅☺ say a few.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by kott(m): 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
For now ooo,me wil say na dbanj ooo,everything is working out for him..
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by naturalwaves: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
safarigirl: like I said, I don't care bout 2face. If you didn't want to do the P-square thing, you shouldn't have said D'banj is better than em, now I present facts and you don change mouth. Will leave it though.
You brought Psuare into the picture, I never mentioned them until U referred to them.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by naturalwaves: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
tomakint: Naturalwaves (my brother tokan tokan) Vs Safarigirl (the supergirl) waoI can't wait for the e-battle to be declared open in yet to be confirmed cinema somewhere in Lagos Island. I dey for sidelines dey watch the battle ahead, get your ticket nowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! grin grin grin

grin grin grin.You will have o wait longer than expected. No e-battles with Safarigirl tongue tongue tongue
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Femsyn(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
Chai!! Where was I when dis debate was going on
Call me Naturalwaves asap!!

1. D'banj neva won 2MTV europe awards. He won just one and because 2face got it before him, he's boss!! Including BET and MOBO. He got all these before him.
2. Slangs are nothing. Every up and coming artiste come up with slangs everyday. How many slangs did MJ, KSA, Fela, Obey, Rkelly come up with?? Did dat stop dem from becoming legends??
Also, I guess u aint living in Nigeria to think D'banj brought d number plate design to Naija.
3. D'banj's Kora Award was for "Most Promising Male Artiste" in 2005, while 2face's was for Best African Act.
4. D'banj is yet to win the World Music Awards, which was for "Best SELLING Nigeria Artiste".
5. 2face won the song of the decade @ NMA.
6. Which of D'banj's endorsement deals beat 2face's Phat Girls flick??
7. What major rival difference has his being signed on to Good Music done to him
8. He sang at AFCON, 2face sang at the World Cup
9. How many collaborations has D'banj done, both home and abroad, compared to 2face??
10. Channel O Awards, The Headies, Soundcity Award, NMVA - The number of times 2face has won is no basis for comparison with D'banj
11. He won the New Champions For An Enduring Culture 2011 16th edition of the Annual THISDAY Awards presented by former U.S. President Bill Clinton and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
12. 2face deals on Albums and not singles like every artiste dat wants to quickly hama.
13. 2face won the Best African act in Ghana (Non Ghanaian category).
14. 2face has made more hits than D'banj. Ok. Let's count... D'banj - Tongolo, Why Me, Oliver Twist, Suddenly, Scape Goat, Fall in Love, Rundown (funk e up), Oyato and Mr Endowed(9); Every other one was a collaborative hit with Mo'hit all starz. 2face: Aside Plantashun boiz, which clearly doesn't qualify. He has African Queen, Only Me, If love is a Crime, Implication, Ihe Neme, Raindrops, Nfana Ibaga, True Love, My Love ft VIP, Enter the place, Rainbow (11) etc others are Ole, See Me so, Higher(spiritual healing), Omo No Dulling.

He achieved all these even though he is not ur everyday "commercial", no content artiste like D'banj.

I can go on and on...

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 05, 2013
Femsyn: Chai!! Where was I when dis debate was going on

1. D'banj neva won 2MTV europe awards. He won just one and because 2face got it before him, he's boss!! Including BET and MOBO. He got all these before him.
2. Slangs are nothing. Every up and coming artiste come up with slangs everyday. How many slangs did MJ, KSA, Fela, Obey, Rkelly come up with?? Did dat stop dem from becoming legends??
Also, I guess u aint living in Nigeria to think D'banj brought d number plate design to Naija.
3. D'banj's Kora Award was for "Most Promising Male Artiste" in 2005, while 2face's was for Best African Act.
4. D'banj is yet to win the World Music Awards, which was for "Best SELLING Nigeria Artiste".
5. 2face won the song of the decade @ NMA.
6. Which of D'banj's endorsement deals beat 2face's Phat Girls flick??
7. What major rival difference has his being signed on to Good Music done to him
8. He sang at AFCON, 2face sang at the World Cup
9. How many collaborations has D'banj done, both home and abroad, compared to 2face??
10. Channel O Awards, The Headies, Soundcity Award, NMVA - The number of times 2face has won is no basis for comparison with D'banj
11. He won the New Champions For An Enduring Culture 2011 16th edition of the Annual THISDAY Awards presented by former U.S. President Bill Clinton and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
12. 2face deals on Albums and not singles like every artiste dat wants to quickly hama.
13. 2face won the Best African act in Ghana (Non Ghanaian category).
14. 2face has made more hits than D'banj. Ok. Let's count... D'banj - Tongolo, Why Me, Oliver Twist, Suddenly, Scape Goat, Fall in Love, Rundown (funk e up), Oyato and Mr Endowed(9); Every other one was a collaborative hit with Mo'hit all starz. 2face: Aside Plantashun boiz, which clearly doesn't qualify. He has African Queen, Only Me, If love is a Crime, Implication, Ihe Neme, Raindrops, Nfana Ibaga, True Love, My Love ft VIP, Enter the place, Rainbow (11) etc others are Ole, See Me so, Higher(spiritual healing), Omo No Dulling.

He achieved all these even though he is not ur everyday "commercial", no content artiste like D'banj.

I can go on and on...
GUY U'VE SAID IT ALL. D'BANJ AGAINST 2BABA, MOKPE. PERSON WAN START FIGHT WEY E NO KNOW HOW TO END AM.
2BABA IS THE BEST EVEN D'BANJ KNOW SO. U CAN ONLY COMPARE THEIR RICHES NOT FAME.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by naturalwaves: 1:09pm On May 12, 2013
Femsyn: Chai!! Where was I when dis debate was going on

Well, look no further cos he is here to diffuse all your watery points. grin

Femsyn:
1. D'banj neva won 2MTV europe awards. He won just one
It is so unfortunate that U began ur argument with a lie. He won 2 my dear not one. He won the first one on the 1st of Nov 2007 as the Best African Act and repeated it in 2012 as the best African Act. Tuface won it once and has not been able to repeat such.
Femsyn: ..... and because 2face got it before him, he's boss!! Including BET and MOBO. He got all these before him.
Just as Kaka is Messi's Baba becos he got the World Player of the year award before him right? undecided. What a poor logic! embarassedembarassed. We all know Tuface got into limelight be fore him but Dbanj got almost all the Main awards and repeated them. I hope that football analogy has given U a picture of what I meant?

Femsyn: 2. Slangs are nothing. Every up and coming artiste come up with slangs everyday. How many slangs did MJ, KSA, Fela, Obey, Rkelly come up with?? Did dat stop dem from becoming legends??

First and foremost,wee are not talking about Legends, we are discussing Stardom. They are 2 different things. Slangs go a long way my dear.If what is said and done in a particular period by a large populace originates from an Artiste, then the Artiste has a large influence particularly when such slangs are more than 2. It is part of Stardom. When people make the same hairstyle, dress like or say the same things known to a Celeb, then such Celeb is a Star.At the 2002 Korean Japan world cup,a lot of people made the same hairstyle as David Becham. Varying Dbanj and Tuface in this regards, Dbanj beats him hands down.
Femsyn: Also, I guess u aint living in Nigeria to think D'banj brought d number plate design to Naija.

I am living in Nigeria and I never said he brought the design....he popularised it as it might av been existing before then but how many people were putting on customised T shirts in Lagos before 2004 when the Tongolo vid came out? As soon as he showcased that, the customising businesses blew big time as everyone wanted to customise. That's another undeniable evidence of Stardom. Have U ever wondered why Stars are used for adverts? Same reasons as above.

Femsyn: 3. D'banj's Kora Award was for "Most Promising Male Artiste" in 2005, while 2face's was for Best African Act.
Dbanj won 2 KORA awards at that time. He won the best New Act and the Most Promising Male Artiste. KORA awards went down for a couple of years before bouncing back. If it hadn't gone down Dbanj would av definately won the Best African Act category too. It is illogical to say that an Artiste that has won the best African Act for MTV twice won't win it for KORA if it hadn't gone down.It is like George Weah winning the World Best Footballer awards and failing to win the African Best award.

Femsyn: 4. D'banj is yet to win the World Music Awards, which was for "Best SELLING Nigeria Artiste".
Lolz.....Mr Man U are so funny. See, whenever U want to argue with awards, never use an inconsistent award as a yard stick. How many times av there been a World Music Award for the Best selling Nigerian Artiste? Use a consistent award category to argue . Ok?

Femsyn: 5. 2face won the song of the decade @ NMA.
Of course, being a bigger Star does not mean that U av to get everything. Moreover, Dapo will be 10 years old in the industry in 2014. He hasn't been singing for a decade. Furthermore, winning such awards is more of a Legendary feat than Stardom. Therefore, the above point is invalid.

Femsyn: 6. Which of D'banj's endorsement deals beat 2face's Phat Girls flick??

When did Phat gurls turn into an Oscar classic? Is it in the class of movies like Titanic,Ben Hur, Lord of d Rings, west side story etc? Infact, if they are rating American movies, Phat gurls cannot make the top 50,000 movies of all time. In fact, the entire Movie is a joke. If U insist On ur question, I will answer it......Dbanj's endorsement to G.O.O.D far far surpasses the Phat Gurls movie. Phat Gurls is not a top American movie but G.O.O.D is one of the best record coys in the whole world.
Femsyn: 7. What major rival difference has his being signed on to Good Music done to him??
This is ur weakest point of all.It is like asking, what has signing for Chelsea FC done for Mikel. By signing for an international label, he moves with bigger stars which improves his Stardom.U just shot urself.
Femsyn: 8. He sang at AFCON, 2face sang at the World Cup
At the world cup, Tuface was not given the honour of singing alone. He sang with the Bandwagon. Ur point would av been valid if he had sang like Shakira did. Dbanj on the other hand, was given the privilege of composing a song and singing it alone. So, that achievement far surpasses that of Tuface.
Femsyn: 9. How many collaborations has D'banj done, both home and abroad, compared to 2face??
Yeah, Tuface has done more collabos. Moreover,collaborations is a personal thing. If U like, U go for it, if U don't like , U forget about it. Colkaborations aren't done based on Stardom. If U av ur money, U can feature anyone U like. Does that make U a star? Furthermore, ow many of Tuface's collabos can even match a combo of Dbanj, Snoop Dog?
Femsyn: 10. Channel O Awards, The Headies, Soundcity Award, NMVA - The number of times 2face has won is no basis for comparison with D'banj
Dbanj has won numerous awards in these regards too except if U wanna break down the analysis. Talking about major awards, Dbanj has won more times than Tuface. How many times did Tuface win the MOBO best African Act? Dbanj won it 3 times; 2007, 2008, 2012. He won d Mtv Europe Base African Act 2 times; 2007 and 2012. He won the BET Best International Act in 2011 same as Tuface. Talking about Mtv Africa Music Awards; he won Artiste of the year, Best Male, Listeners choice all in 2008 . He won the Artiste of the year again in 2009 amongst several others. Talking about Channel O Music awards, they are just too numerous to mention. These are major musical awards and not some awards by certain unrecognised bodies or some honorary awards. If U visit tuface's Wiki page,about 40% of his awards are honorary. When it comes to music, we all know the basic awards with the highest being the Grammies. Using the basic music awards as a yard stick, Dbanj floors Tuface hands down but maybe wen u talk of some honorary bullshi.t, Tuface might carry d day.
Femsyn: 11. He won the New Champions For An Enduring Culture 2011 16th edition of the Annual THISDAY Awards presented by former U.S. President Bill Clinton and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The above is an example of the kwekwe type of awards I talked about previously. Moreover, Bill Clinton and co were invited to the show as Guests and not because they wanted to give d award to Tuface. Moreover, Dbanj has served as a United Nations Ambassador, an enviable feat for Tuface. Do you know what it is to serve as a UN Ambassador? How can someone impregnating all d gurls even be an Ambassador for Youths? tongue
Femsyn: 12. 2face deals on Albums and not singles like every artiste dat wants to quickly hama.
Yeah, he releases just albums and not singles right? Is it not d singles that will make up d albulm eventually? What you said is not true and even if that is what Tuface does, comparing his albulms to that of Dbanj, I hope U know that none of Dbanj's albulm has failed to hit Platinum. Ur so called Star released an albulm that was a Monumental Failure. The albulm he released under his Hypertech label didn't even sell up to 20,000 copies. Tuface said he lost 40 million naira in Producing that albulm. So, talking about Album ratings, Dbanj has done better. None of his albulms has sold less than 1 million copies. His Entertainer albul sold 5million + copies which is as good as releasing about 5 albulms.
Femsyn: 13. 2face won the Best African act in Ghana (Non Ghanaian category).
Congrats to him. Abeg, go find better point joor. This one no be point.
Femsyn: 14. 2face has made more hits than D'banj. Ok. Let's count... D'banj - Tongolo, Why Me, Oliver Twist, Suddenly, Scape Goat, Fall in Love, Rundown (funk e up), Oyato and Mr Endowed(9); Every other one was a collaborative hit with Mo'hit all starz. 2face: Aside Plantashun boiz, which clearly doesn't qualify. He has African Queen, Only Me, If love is a Crime, Implication, Ihe Neme, Raindrops, Nfana Ibaga, True Love, My Love ft VIP, Enter the place, Rainbow (11) etc others are Ole, See Me so, Higher(spiritual healing), Omo No Dulling.
I laugh in Spanish. There is a difference between a hit and a Monster hit.Okay? A bulk of Tuface's songs are hits but very few are Monster hits with the greatest being African Queen. African Queen on Youtube has fairly above 1.7 million views despite the fact that in it's time, there were few available sites for viewership and downloads unlike now. Oliver Twist has more than 19 million views on Youtube despite the various available media now. It was played at half time during some of the indoor events at the last Olympics. Aside being used as the theme song in a comedy flick, how many times was it played on international platforms? How many Foreigners remixed it? Subtract 1.7 million from 19 million and tell me what U get. Can U compare all the other tracks U list up there to WHY ME in terms of hits? If U put OnlyMe,Rainbow,and the other one together as one, they can't match WHY Me in terms of being a hit.
Femsyn: He achieved all these even though he is not ur everyday "commercial", no content artiste like D'banj.
What do u mean by everyday Commercial Artiste?So, any one that doesn't sing RnB is a Commercial Artiste.The prob with U is that U fail to realise that each genre of music has specific characteristics. It is okay if U like a slow genre like RnB, that's ur choice. Afropop is a difft thing entirely. Morever, when it comes to music, Rhythmn, Beats and Lyrics are d most important respectively. The first 2 are more important than the Lyrics. Lyrics carry less than 20% of what makes a good music. If not, Poets should be the highest selling musicians. If U are in doubt, ask we fansof Enya, Yanni etc. Even without Lyrics, they sell millions of copies of Albulms and Enya doesn't sing in English all the time. Hiw many people understood French in the days of Makossa craze? So, u see, when it comes to music, Rythmn and Beats surpasses Lyrics.

Femsyn: I can go on and on...
Thereis no need to go o. And on as ur watery points av been diffused. I am a fan of Tuface too and I doubt if there is any of his tracks that I do not have in my collections. For a whilem he was d one eyed man in d midst of some blind people but when the competition became tight, he fizzled.Tuface is so so good no doubt about that but he is overrrated. At the moment, Dbanj is unarguably a greater star than Tuface in all ramifications. Take it or leave it if U like. Truth, they say, is bitter!
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by mooregan(m): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
D'banj Awards

Won

▪ Most Promising Male Artist - KORA All African Awards 2005[16]

▪ Hip Hop World Revelation - HIP HOP WORLD AWARDS 2006 hosted by Hip Hop World Magazine[17]

▪ Artist of the year - Nigerian Music Awards (NMA) 2006[18]

▪ Best Newcomer – Tongolo fizz Awards 2006[19]

▪ Best African Act MTV Europe Music Awards 2007

▪ Hottest Single of the year "Why me" NEA Awards 2007[20]

▪ Best Special Effects - 2007 Channel O Music Video Awards(“Why Me”)[21]

▪ Artist of the Year - MTV Africa Music Awards 2008[22]

▪ Best Male MTV Africa Music Awards 2008[22]

▪ Listeners Choice - MTV Africa Music Awards 2008

▪ Artist of the Year - MTV Africa Music Awards 2009[23]

▪ Best International Act - Africa BET Awards 2011[24]

▪ Best African Act – MOBO Awards 2012

Nominated

▪ Best Newcomer – Tongolo Channel O African Music Video Awards 2006[25]

▪ Best West African – Tongolo (Channel O African Music Video Awards 2006)[25]

▪ Best African Act – MOBO Awards 2007

▪ Best African Act – MOBO Awards 2008

▪ Best Live Performer – MTV Africa Music Awards 2009[26]

▪ Best Male - MTV Africa Music Awards 2009[27]

▪ Best Performer - MTV Africa Music Awards 2009

2FACE's Awards

Won

▪ Best Male Vocalist 2002 Affinity Awards

▪ Music of the Year 2004 Excellence Recognition Awards

▪ Outstanding Contribution to the Entertainment Industry 2004 Award for Excellence

▪ Best Male Vocalist 2004 A.M.E.N Awards

▪ Song of the Year 2004 A.M.E.N Awards

▪ Best New Act Male 2004 A.M.E.N Awards

▪ Best Video 2004 A.M.E.N Awards

▪ Song of the year for "African Queen" 2004 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York

▪ Best Album of the year 2004 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York

▪ Best Hip Hop and R&B Artiste 2004 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York

▪ Musician of the Year 2004 City People Awards for Excellence

▪ Best Male Video 2005 Channel O Music Video Awards

▪ Best African Video of the year 2005 Channel O Music Video Awards

▪ Best African Act 2005 Channel O Music Video Awards

▪ Best African Act 2005 MTV Europe Music Awards[18]

▪ Best African Act 2005 Kora Awards[19]

▪ Best Musical Artiste 2005 Afro Nollywood Awards

▪ African Song of The Year (Non Ghanaian) 2005 Ghana Music Awards

▪ Special Recognition Award 2005 Hip Hop World Awards

▪ The Outstanding Musician of the Year 2005 Black Heritage Awards for Excellence

▪ Best Song of The Year 2005 G.C.E International Awards

▪ Musician of The Year 2006 The Future Awards

▪ Africa Break Through Artist of the Year 2006 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York

▪ Best Album of the Year 2007 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York

▪ Best African Act 2007 MOBO Awards[20]

▪ Song of the Decade 2007 Nigerian Music Awards

▪ Best R'n'B / Pop album 2008 Hip-Hop World Awards

▪ Best African Act 2008 Australian African Awards

▪ Best selling Nigerian Artist 2008 World Music Awards, Monaco, Spain[21]

▪ Best R&B MTV Africa Music Awards 2009[22]

▪ Artist of the Year MTV Africa Music Awards 2010

▪ Best Male MTV Africa Music Awards 2010

▪ Most Gifted West African Video 2010 Channel O Music Video Awards[23]

▪ Best Pop Video for "Implication" 2010 SoundCity Awards

▪ Best Western 2010 SoundCity Awards

▪ New Champions For An Enduring Culture 2011 16th edition of the Annual THISDAY Awards presented by former U.S. President Bill Clinton and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger[24]

▪ Best International Act: Africa BET Awards of 2011[25]

▪ Album of the year 2011 Hip-Hop World Awards – "The Headies"[26]

▪ Artist of the year 2011 Hip-Hop World Awards – "The Headies"

▪ Best R'n'B / Pop album 2011 Hip-Hop World Awards – "The Headies"

Nominated

▪ Best African Act 2005 MOBO

▪ Artist of the Year 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards[27]

▪ Best Male 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards

▪ Best Video for "Enter the Place" 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards

▪ Most Gifted African West Video for "Only Me" 2011 Channel O Music Video Awards[28]

▪ Most Gifted Video of the Year for "Only Me" 2011 Channel O Music Video Awards

Source: wikipedia
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by odibenson(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
I liken nicki her yansh is bigger i like nadia buari but she no dey drink garri.see lyrics to world aclaim monster hit .....the only good tin abt the song is the beat(donjazzy) and the chorus(wande coal).2face has been able to be at the top for more than 12 yrss brings hits to remain relevant.after oliver twist is there anoda song dat has passed the lagos market let alone the nigeria market oyato,bachelor cash floww her songs dat are nonsical to the ears.dbanj shud try and bring anoda hit den i will be able to tell more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emeka Okoro: "My Childless Marriage Of 10 Years Doesn't Bother Me" / 2face Idibia’s Honorary Degree Conferment At Igbinedion University (Photos) / Toyin Lawani Suggests Cardi B May Be Copying Her Style (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.