Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,802 members, 7,882,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? (11382 Views)

Tips On Stretching Your Relaxers For Hair Health And Growth / Best Hair Relaxers Or Cream For Darkening Of Hair / Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 06, 2012
Chris rock my foot .... google his wife and see her hair..... jeezz cool the guy is making money, so you guys believe all that?

I bet you believe WWE and micheal more documentaries too
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2012
Tell me if any in this picture has a natural hair.... you guys are unbelievable !!! Chris Rock ko, Chris stone ni grin

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rock.jpg
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Egbagirl(f): 8:06am On Dec 06, 2012
*sigh* DOn't. It might seem like it's for her own good but it really isnt. I was happy when I finally got my hair relaxed at 10 but to tell you the truth, it was almost a nightmare. You have to work just as hard to maintain your hair especially now that there are all these harmful chemicals in it. Natural hair takes time. It requires tender loving care. Hair isnt something you just do. It requires patience. There are quite a number of products that can help with the hair texture. Speaking form personal experience... twist/braid the hair regularly, use natural oils (coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil etc), use good shampoos and conditioners. Honestly, do some research on natural hair products. There is no need to go all fancy with them, just get simply basic stuff.

You might think you are doing your daughter and yourself a favor BUT you might be setting her up for permanent hair loss and damage. Different stroke for different folk so some people might have great hair even though they been relaxing it since they were 1. However, the same cant be guaranteed for your girl.

Let your daughter love her hair the way it is and you as a mother should only find ways that will make her enjoy it in its natural state. You would be amazed by how much flexibility you have with natural hair. The key is: patience. It will pay off eventually though.

At the end of the day, it is still your choice. To each his own but if you are going to relax your daughter's hair, make sure she wont hate you for it in a few years. Be ready to take care of it to make sure it's healthy. I've seen TOOO many little girls with terrible hair thanks to those dangerous chemicals.

1 Like

Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Egbagirl(f): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2012
jidegirl12: Chris rock my foot .... google his wife and see her hair..... jeezz cool the guy is making money, so you guys believe all that?

Whether or not he is making money is not the issue. If he chooses to be hypocritical about his documentary, that's his business. It's not about him but about the stuff he uncovered in the documentary and that is the sad reality of it. The fact that I know a lot about how relationships or marriages work dont mean I have a good one. I might have the knowledge but still choose not to use it. Knowing what to do and actually doing it are too different things.

4 Likes

Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by TableLeg(m): 9:16am On Dec 06, 2012
It is ok to apply hair relaxer from the womb!
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 06, 2012
jidegirl12: Tell me if any in this picture has a natural hair.... you guys are unbelievable !!! Chris Rock ko, Chris stone ni grin

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rock.jpg

It's possible to flat iron natural hair. Sasha and Malia Obama don't have relaxed hair but they often wear their hair straight.
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Originalsly: 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
jidegirl12: Chris rock my foot .... google his wife and see her hair..... jeezz cool the guy is making money, so you guys believe all that?

Some people"kill the messenger" when they don't like the message but damn.....killing the messenger's wife? The guy is educating us about the source of 100% Natural Hair...if you know different please let us know .

1 Like

Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by skyfall: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2012

What has Chris Rock's wife or your foot got to do with the scientific data provided by univ. Professors in that documentary? Even relaxer manufacturers in that video admitted that the chemicals in them are too strong for kids. Well done, keep consoling yourself.
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Kslib(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
Can someone provide the link to download the chris rock documentary on mobile phones...
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by 19naia(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
the real beauty of hair is that if you ruin a set of hair,you can always cut it all off and allow new virgin hair to grow....this is only true in cases where hair treatment does not ruin the roots of the hair...Even then ,someone is always eager to sell their fine hair for use as anothers wig... grin

1 Like

Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by skyfall: 10:07pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kslib: Can someone provide the link to download the chris rock documentary on mobile phones...

Don't know about that. It's a full-length documentary (splashed with Rock's usual comedy). If you use Bittorent you'll find it on PirateBay.
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 07, 2012
skyfall:

What has Chris Rock's wife or your foot got to do with the scientific data provided by univ. Professors in that documentary? Even relaxer manufacturers in that video admitted that the chemicals in them are too strong for kids. Well done, keep consoling yourself.

Consoling myself?

What bothers me most about you people is talking about this video or else what's my business with all of y'all .... They are all acting dammit !!!

So is Maury , Jerry springer and lots of them!

Just make your points without the video involved please , it's very irritating undecided

Why am I even arguing with y'all undecided

1 Like

Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 3:40am On Dec 07, 2012
ogugua88:

It's possible to flat iron natural hair. Sasha and Malia Obama don't have relaxed hair but they often wear their hair straight.

Absolutely( but not too much tho, too much flat-ironing makes hair lifeless and breakage) ...

Don't you just wonder why those princesses( Sasha &Meliah) hair looks ravishing and healthier evety-time you see them? ... It's called good regimen.

Whoa ! I see many people find peace quoting me. what messenger? Wetin ? grin Chris rock una well done o! grin
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 07, 2012
skyfall:

Don't know about that. It's a full-length documentary (splashed with Rock's usual comedy). If you use Bittorent you'll find it on PirateBay.

Or iTunes too.... good marketing skyfall... speaking of sky-fall have you seen the movie? Lemme check torrent too grin
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 07, 2012
Originalsly: Some people"kill the messenger" when they don't like the message but damn.....killing the messenger's wife? The guy is educating us about the source of 100% Natural Hair...if you know different please let us know .

I can see that Chris rock the comedian is now a professional to educate y'all about 100% hair with those yeye actors claimed professors ....

Maybe if you stop saying his name I will for once listen

**shakes head**
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 3:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Egba girl:

Whether or not he is making money is not the issue. If he chooses to be hypocritical about his documentary, that's his business. It's not about him but about the stuff he uncovered in the documentary and that is the sad reality of it. The fact that I know a lot about how relationships or marriages work dont mean I have a good one. I might have the knowledge but still choose not to use it. Knowing what to do and actually doing it are too different things.

Unbelievable undecided

So when you relaxed your hair at 10 , what type if relaxer did you use if I may ask? How often do you treat your hair? What kind of treatment did you carry out?

Or did you just braid and leave it for months grin cheesy
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 07, 2012
jidegirl12: Absolutely( but not too much tho, too much flat-ironing makes hair lifeless and breakage) ...

Don't you just wonder why those princesses( Sasha &Meliah) hair looks ravishing and healthier evety-time you see them? ... It's called good regimen.

Whoa ! I see many people find peace quoting me. what messenger? Wetin ? grin Chris rock una well done o! grin

Maybe the women in Chris Rock's life have good regimens too.
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 07, 2012
ogugua88:

Maybe the women in Chris Rock's life have good regimens too.

Obviously grin ! mine does , some people leave their hair and expect miracles.... Grow it and take good care if it or just go bald!
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by skyfall: 10:07am On Dec 07, 2012
@Jidegirl

You're being too defensive. It's a free world and you can apply whatever you like to your or your kid's hair. Don't try to rubbish that documentary because you can't do without relaxers - that's ridiculous. The info contained in it is scientific info freely available online.
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
skyfall: @Jidegirl

You're being too defensive. It's a free world and you can apply whatever you like to your or your kid's hair. Don't try to rubbish that documentary because you can't do without relaxers - that's ridiculous. The info contained in it is scientific info freely available online.

Are you getting percentage from Chris Rock's merchandise ?

Cos I don't know what your problem is,

the documentary is acting , they all mostly are , it's just entertainment ...... and of course it's absolutely ridiculous of you coming on here and trumpeting Chris Rock's the comedian hair movie to defend relaxer use! When its obvious on his wife's head! Practice what you preach I hear what they say undecided

It's very very irritating! Eik!

I use whatever I want for my kids of course it's nobody's business. I'm outta here !
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by skyfall: 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha, you see what i'm saying. BTW, DOCUMENTARY & MOVIE are two different things. Get a dictionary.
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
skyfall: grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha, you see what i'm saying. BTW, DOCUMENTARY & MOVIE are two different things. Get a dictionary.

What?!! undecided
Re: Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? by meetmal03(f): 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Over 100 Organic And Promixing Recipes For Learners And Professionals / How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? / Nike Davies-Okundayo On The Cover Of Genevieve Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.