Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,964 members, 7,903,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target (12910 Views)

Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) / Pregnant Wife Caught With Another Man In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by igaro: 11:04am On Dec 06, 2012
Is it proper for a guy to allow his wife, a God fearing woman, the leeway to go meet an uncle (not related o, just family friends) at a hotel he's lodged in, simply because he wants to assist her with a deposit into his account which will inturn reflect as a boost on her own target in the bank for that month?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by uboma(m): 11:59am On Dec 06, 2012
If i were her husband, i wouldn't allow her go to the hotel alone. The best i can do is accompany her there if it becomes very necessary. And if ur wife is a God fearing woman like u portrayed her in ur post, she wouldn't even entertain the thought of going to the hotel in the 1st place.
Just my 2cents
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by freakcin: 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
Some will argue she's a professional and knows where to draw the line( how I wish I can meet those peeps one on one in a dark alley! lipsrsealed )
Its not proper, there's internet banking, she doesn't even need to go there he can conveniently transfer the funds, and incase he's not computer literate, simply have her come for the cheque in the office.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
It's not right, on any count. No target's worth become a hooker.

Still, Nigeria's rotten to the core, so no surprises there really.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Osama10(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hmmmn, very very suspicious.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by baby124: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hmmmm grin grin grin

They will target her well well

Why don't we have human rights and women's rights people fighting banks on this gross abuse of employees? Giving them outlandish targets. Something should be done to visit employment laws in Nigeria. It is quite dehumanising and debasing. OP, if you are the kind of man that insists your wife must support you at all cost, then just take it. Blink, and the time at the hotel will pass. Afterall it is all part of the job. But if you have enough money, have her quit and find another job. For her to tell you, it MAY be her first time if she hasn't been working there for long. These naija banks should be taken to court enmasse. Ridiculous.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by greatgod2012(f): 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
As for me o, i cant go, if he want to assist me, he should transfer d money into my account, if he insists dt i should come, i will look to another place, afterall, my help comes from God, if he cant do it, God will provide another person that will do it.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2012
I don't get it . . . . Is she going to sleep with him Is she not going jut for the cheque

What exactly is the problem here? The fact that the meeting point is a hotel

Na wah oh . . .

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by freakcin: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ujujoan: I don't get it . . . . Is she going to sleep with him Is she not going jut for the cheque

What exactly is the problem here? The fact that the meeting point is a hotel

Na wah oh . . .

I tok am b4! Wey the rest of ur kind?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
freakcin:

I tok am b4! Wey the rest of ur kind?

It's the sanctimonus types like you that end up doing the worst things!
As far as I'm concerned, there's no biggie!
People work from hotel rooms and haven't prostituted themselves yet.
Anyways, to each his own!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Chaircover, where art thou? Come and lecture me on how "unfulfilled" women will be if their husbands don't allow them to be subjected to this kind of rubbish. tongue
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
igaro: Is it proper for a guy to allow his wife, a God fearing woman, the leeway to go meet an uncle (not related o, just family friends) at a hotel he's lodged in, simply because he wants to assist her with a deposit into his account which will inturn reflect as a boost on her own target in the bank for that month?

How can the husband in question be calling the man "Uncle"? If he cannot hand it to her in an appropriate location then say bye-bye to him and his money. But wait! How desperate is the wife? Might she not go and be collecting this and other cheques without informing her husband just to meet "targets" in future?

Some of us cannot stand this kind of nonsense permutations O.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by freakcin: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ujujoan:

It's the sanctimonus types like you that end up doing the worst things!
As far as I'm concerned, there's no biggie!
People work from hotel rooms and haven't prostituted themselves yet.
Anyways, to each his own!

Its sanctimonious not sanctimonus. I nor go follow u blow grammar. . . ur weight nor reach!tongue Na non-sanctimonious types like u go give the guy lap dance after dealing with him on bed! mtcheew!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

How can the husband in question be calling the man "Uncle"? If he cannot hand it to her in an appropriate location then say bye-bye to him and his money. But wait! How desperate is the wife? Might she not go and be collecting this and other cheques without informing her husband just to meet "targets" in future?

Some of us cannot stand this kind of nonsense permutations O.

What is an 'appropriate location'
How does 'desperation' come into this
Are hotels meant for just sex and sex-related activities
Seriously, we need to stop with these annoying stereotypes o jare . . .
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
freakcin:

Its sanctimonious not sanctimonus. I nor go follow u blow grammar. . . ur weight nor reach!tongue Na non-sanctimonious types like u go give the guy lap dance after dealing with him on bed! mtcheew!

Clicks the ignore button!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
igaro: Is it proper for a guy to allow his wife, a God fearing woman, the leeway to go meet an uncle (not related o, just family friends) at a hotel he's lodged in, simply because he wants to assist her with a deposit into his account which will inturn reflect as a boost on her own target in the bank for that month?

in nigeria - it's plain adultery!
anywhere else on the planet where men are less depraved and women have rights, then no biggie! the husband should not allow such.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

in nigeria - it's plain adultery!
anywhere else on the planet where men are less depraved and women have rights, then no biggie! the husband should not allow such.

Does it mean he doesn't trust his wife to be faithful to him
If my husband deprives me of such, I'll assume he's accusing me of possibly sleeping with the man in question, and that alone is irritating!
Not saying bad things don't happen in hotels, but so does lots of business e.t.c
I've had meetings in hotel rooms with MEN sometimes till late into the night . . . Thank God I don't have a don't have a paranoid husband!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hotel room or lobby, lol? I mean it's not absurd for people in normal societies to meet at a hotel, have lunch or dinner and do business.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ujujoan:

Does it mean he doesn't trust his wife to be faithful to him
If my husband deprives me of such, I'll assume he's accusing me of possibly sleeping with the man in question, and that alone is irritating!
Not saying bad things don't happen in hotels, but so does lots of business e.t.c
I've had meetings in hotel rooms with MEN sometimes till late into the night . . . Thank God I don't have a don't have a paranoid husband!

you would have to explain why this uncle cannot simply transfer the money to your account or meet you somewhere else to complete the talks. nigerian women are the roots of their own problems. you live in a society that oppresses women and yet you people still get lured by the tricks of the evil men.

at least in the saner world, there's maximum protection for the women. should this woman get räped now, people like you would blame her for going to see a man in the hotel. police would not arrest the culprit as the burden of proof is on the woman to prove it wasn't consensual. any man that allows his wife to meet another man in any nigerian hotel is a rëtard!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
stillwater: Hotel room or lobby, lol? I mean it's not absurd for people in normal societies to meet at a hotel, have lunch or dinner and do business.
Not realy . . .
I've worked in short project where the office was actually a hotel room!
It's the only sure place to get constant power supply. No extra costs since you are already paying for lodging! When you think about it, it actually makes the most sense!
Also, the last time I was in my head office location, I had deadlines to meet and had to work with a male colleague (who's also married), in my hotel room till past midnight!
Could we have worked in the lobby or bar or reatauant, YES. But we chose to work from my room. Quite convineint and I could check up on my kid sleeping nearby and work at the same time . . . kini big deal
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

you would have to explain why this uncle cannot simply transfer the money to your account or meet you somewhere else to complete the talks. nigerian women are the roots of their own problems. you live in a society that oppresses women and yet you people still get lured by the tricks of the evil men.

at least in the saner world, there's maximum protection for the women. should this woman get räped now, people like you would blame her for going to see a man in the hotel. police would not arrest the culprit as the burden of proof is on the woman to prove it wasn't consensual. any man that allows his wife to meet another man in any nigerian hotel is a rëtard!

You guys are only foaming through the mouth because the case here is a woman. If it were a man, nobody will raise an eyelid! That's the double standards that irritates me the most.
This is Nigeria, bankers have a hard time meeting their target. While she's waiting for oga big man to send the money to her account, some other sharp marketer (could even be male) have gone to collect the cheque sharp sharp.
Now if you were the customer in question, which would you prefer? Going to the bank to send it or asking for the Marketer to come pick up the cheque
Except you are outrightly accusing the man of wanting to sexually molest the lady . . .
In that case, she shouldn't go alone. Markerets are advised to move in a group anyways . . .
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ujujoan:
Not realy . . .
I've worked in short project where the office was actually a hotel room!
It's the only sure place to get constant power supply. No extra costs since you are already paying for lodging! When you think about it, it actually makes the most sense!

in this case, you are the one in the hotel - your territory and you would have some safety measures in place in case your visitor tries any stunt. in the topic of discussion, the wife wants to visit a man in his hotel room. when cynthia did this same thing and was räped and eventually murdered, 90% of the nigerian population blamed her including her own father!

nigerian women - you would never learn!

Ujujoan:
You guys are only foaming through the mouth because the case here is a woman. If it were a man, nobody will raise an eyelid! That's the double standards that irritates me the most.

men can take care of themselves, women cannot!
it seems you people forget the society you live in.

This is Nigeria, bankers have a hard time meeting their target. While she's waiting for oga big man to send the money to her account, some other sharp marketer (could even be male) have gone to collect the cheque sharp sharp.
Now if you were the customer in question, which would you prefer? Going to the bank to send it or asking for the Marketer to come pick up the cheque

i would never ask a married woman to come to my hotel room to pick up any cheque - it's so disrespectful. why can't they meet somewhere else to do the transaction? if this woman gets molested - is there a law in nigeria that would protect her?

Except you are outrightly accusing the man of wanting to sexually molest the lady . . .
In that case, she shouldn't go alone. Markerets are advised to move in a group anyways . . .

only a man with an ulterior motive would ask a married woman to come to a venue where there's privacy and a bed......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

in this case, you are the one in the hotel - your territory and you would have some safety measures in place in case your visitor tries any stunt. in the topic of discussion, the wife wants to visit a man in his hotel room. when cynthia did this same thing and was räped and eventually murdered, 90% of the nigerian population blamed her including her own father!

nigerian women - you would never learn!

Peple get knocked down by hit and run vehicles everyday, should I stop going out
Cynthia was killed by stranger, the man is no starnger to her . . .
Like I said, if she's worried about being molested, she should go with her colleagues, or even her husband!
What I dont agree to is you guys claiming she's going there to prostitute herself . . . that's not neccessarily true!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

in this case, you are the one in the hotel - your territory and you would have some safety measures in place in case your visitor tries any stunt. in the topic of discussion, the wife wants i would never ask a married woman to come to my hotel room to pick up any cheque - it's so disrespectful. why can't they meet somewhere else to do the transaction? if this woman gets molested - is there a law in nigeria that would protect her?
only a man with an ulterior motive would ask a married woman to come to a venue where there's privacy and a bed......

Maybe he asked cos he knows she won't be coming alone. Marketers move in groups of at least 2.
Besides, who told you he's not already loding with his wife or concubine
Not saying it's not possible for him not to have an ulterior motive, but she should protect herself is she's scared and go with company . . . . simple!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ujujoan:
Peple get knocked down by hit and run vehicles everyday, should I stop going out
Cynthia was killed by stranger, the man is no starnger to her . . .

so only strangers can räpe and molest women?

Like I said, if she's worried about being molested, she should go with her colleagues, or even her husband!
What I dont agree to is you guys claiming she's going there to prostitute herself . . . that's not neccessarily true!

i didn't say she's going there to pröstitute herself - i only said its not appropriate knowing the kind of society nigeria is. the society does not protect women who get molested by men...rich men! any man who allows such is offering his own wife to be molested and the same society would turn around and blame him later for allowing such in the first place..
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

so only strangers can räpe and molest women?

i didn't say she's going there to pröstitute herself - i only said its not appropriate knowing the kind of society nigeria is. the society does not protect women who get molested by men...rich men! any man who allows such is offering his own wife to be molested and the same society would turn around and blame him later for allowing such in the first place..

Why are you still arguing

You claim you are not saying she's going to prost1tute herself, and yet you ignore when I say she should go with company!

Isn't going with company (could even be her husband) going to prevent any planned molestation, which you claim to be worried about, from happening

You should just say "okay no problem, she should go only if she's got company". Stop arguing unnccessarily! pheeeeeeeew!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ujujoan:
Why are you still arguing
You claim you are not saying she's going to prost1tute herself, and yet you ignore when I say she should go with company!

and you think this uncle would be interested if she goes in there with her colleagues? naivety should be your middle name. it seems some of you naija women have a rapë wish on yourselves....

Isn't going with company (could even be her husband) going to prevent any planned molestation, which you claim to be worried about, from happening
You should just say "okay no problem, she should go only if she's got company". Stop arguing unnccessarily! pheeeeeeeew!

if she had to go with colleagues to feel safe, why go at all?
she's married - she's not single. if she can go with colleagues, why not ask a male colleague to pick up the cheque and remove any doubt completely?

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

and you think this uncle would be interested if she goes in there with her colleagues? naivety should be your middle name. it seems some of you naija women have a rapë wish on yourselves....

if she had to go with colleagues to feel safe, why go at all?
she's married - she's not single. if she can go with colleagues, why not ask a male colleague to pick up the cheque and remove any doubt completely?

1. You are the one making assumption that the uncle wants to rape her, could be your imaginations. If that were to be the case, who cares how he feel about her showing up with a colleague He can take a hike in the lagoon if he doesn't like it. If he refuses to give her the money, then she is free to assume he wanted to rap3 her and desist from further communications with him!

2. So if she were single, is it okay to go to a hotel room and be rap3d

3. Why can't she go herself WITH the male colleague, instead on sending him to go for the cheque Because she's marraied and not single So it's okay for a single woman to meet a man in a hotel room and not okay for a married woman So in order words, she's going for something snister like prost1tution . . . Which, according to you, is ok if she's single!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ujujoan:
1. You are the one making assumption that the uncle wants to rape her, could be your imaginations. If that were to be the case, who cares how he feel about her showing up with a colleague If can take a hike in the lagoon if he doesn't like it. He he refuses to give her the money, then she is free to assume he wanted to rap3 her and desist from further communications with him!

it's not an assumption - it's the usual modus operandi.
you are talking as if this is the first time these rich men have been using this ploy to get gullible women molested.

2. So if she were single, is it okay to go to a hotel room and be rap3d

if she's single - she can bloody do whatever she likes with herself. some nigerian ladies love to be räped with the way they toy with risks. after what happened to cynthia, should this thought even be entertained?

3. Why can't she go herself WITH the male colleague, instead on sending him to go for the cheque Because she's marraied and not single So it's okay for a single woman to meet a man in a hotel room and not okay for a married woman So in order words, she's going for something snister like prost1tution . . . Which, according to you, is ok if she's single!

with a married woman - at least acknowledge the fact she has a husband and some level of decency is expected. single women can do whatever they want to do - no man would be held responsible for her stüpidity - that's not the case for a married woman.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2012

If he weren't logding in a hotel, would the same man not consent to his wife going to the same uncle's house for the same reasons?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

it's not an assumption - it's the usual modus operandi.
you are talking as if this is the first time these rich men have been using this ploy to get gullible women molested.

if she's single - she can bloody do whatever she likes with herself. some nigerian ladies love to be räped with the way they toy with risks. after what happened to cynthia, should this thought even be entertained?

with a married woman - at least acknowledge the fact she has a husband and some level of decency is expected. single women can do whatever they want to do - no man would be held responsible for her stüpidity - that's not the case for a married woman.

There's something to be said for a man who cannot simply accept when he's wrong. Rather prefers to make unfounded accusation and baseless conclusions to justify his obviosuly marred perception. I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ujujoan:
There's something to be said for a man who cannot simply accept when he's wrong. Rather prefers to make unfounded accusation and baseless conclusions to justify his obviosuly marred perception. I rest my case!

how am i wrong in stating my opinion that the man shouldn't let his wife go n meet a yeye uncle? i think you have got issues bothering you. the op asked a question - i answered to the best of my knowledge and you are saying i am wrong? you need to be flogged @ the market square!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Children Throng The Ventura Mall Ibadan For Children's Day / Family Petitions FG Over Polish Man’s Cremation Of Nigerian Wife / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.