Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? (24562 Views)

aa / Do Guys Ever Regret Hurting The nice Girl? / Light Skin Guy Vs Dark Skin Guy, Which Do You Prefer Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by cdamsel(f): 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
Alpha males re used 4 territorial animals,y in heavens name wld I want an animal 4 a man?

NL una no go kill me

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by crackhaus: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
Girls in Nigeria you mean.

DANILSA: GIRLS IN ABUJA PREFERS THE MONEY GUYS THAN THE TWO MENTIONED ABOVE undecided
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by GentleNaaz(m): 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
k2039: I'm a nice guy by default.

I tried using alpha male as a preset setting, but I just keep reverting back to my default program
Nice guy is a reaffirmation of mumu guy. Tak note
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
Yet another nice guy vs 'bad' guy thread. It's getting ridiculous.

There's really no formula to these things. In any case, you can only succeed as a so-called "Alpha Male" (in the sense of being a selfish, apathetic jerk)when you have something significant going for you that makes you desirable whether you are nice or not (e.g. wealth, power, stardom, social position, dashing/desirable persona, etc.). If you think any girl would prefer a plain, ill-mannered, cold, unrefined, and broke azz brute like you to a well-to-do "nice guy" - simply because you act like a jerk, then you certainly have your head in the clouds.

People prefer people that are preferable. In other words, being a supposed alpha male (in the sense defined here) is never enough without meaningful reinforcements that make you desirable. D'banj or Paddy Adenuga would always be desired by countless women - regardless of whether they evince the Alpha Male personality or the nice guy personality - simply because they are desirable for their stardom and wealth (and good looks) respectively. Indeed, their desirability might even necessarily cause them to behave like jerks - since they know that women are theirs for the taking and so they are forced to be indifferent and uncaring to several contenders for their attention. In this case, their desirability is NOT a consequence of their 'Alpha Male' behaviours, but rather an antecedent of it.

The bottom-line is that women are material and emotional creatures. Whatever satisfies or appeals to their material and emotional cravings is what they would desire. I doubt that any woman would desire a man that acts like a jerk, simply because he acts like a jerk. It's more like she would desire a man she deems desirable - in spite of him being a jerk.

In my experience, this nice-guy vs Alpha Male/jerk categorizations are very nebulous and have very little to do with what women want or how they respond to a man romantically and otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by 2chains1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
DANILSA: GIRLS IN ABUJA PREFERS THE MONEY GUYS THAN THE TWO MENTIONED ABOVE undecided

So many S's.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by sundaybam(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2012
Am a nice guy before and I notice that it's not kinda kul . My girl(now my ex) even tell me that am too nice and gentle. So I blend myself up to an alpha dude and I see that it helps alot. cool.
Don't be too nice to a girl. I gat blood in my eyes now!!embarassed
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Bisjosh(f): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
NICE GUY.................please lead me there cos they are scarce angry
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
simples.. alpha male when their market still fresh - nice guys when the product don expire.

3 Likes

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by nairabacks(f): 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
sundaybam: Am a nice guy before and I notice that it's not kinda kul . My girl(now my ex) even tell me that am too nice and gentle. So I blend myself up to an alpha dude and I see that it helps alot. cool.
Don't be too nice to a girl. I gat blood in my eyes now!!embarassed

Nope, in this environment (or any) it doesn't pay to be nice. I've experimented with the nice mode, and believe me its a waste of time.

As a guy you should have your set of principles, so stick to them. Any woman who no like can hit the road.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
Nice guy moves are well intended but poorly understood.. be a Badt Guy believe me Women will kill themselves to be with you.. i mean Nice guys Suck and offer no adventure or interests. try to exorcise the Nice Guy in you.. they might complain to nice guyz but when you try to pin the move on them y'll see how react and drop you like smelly socks
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by korres00(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ladies flirt wif d alpha guyz buh wen they marry....they marry d nice one....
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
Bisjosh: NICE GUY.................please lead me there cos they are scarce angry
Am d nice guy u hav bin searching for...wat do u want me to do for u??
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by baby124: 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
korres00: Ladies flirt wif d alpha guyz buh wen they marry....they marry d nice one....

Exactly right. It is only a foolish woman that will use boyfriend to do husband. cheesy. Only an immature girl will find Alpha males appealing. The girl is just playing around. When it is time to settle down, a sharp girl will pick the best guy. Don't be deceived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Yasmine(f): 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
DANILSA: WERE U GO SEE AM?

Dem dey! Dem no plenty, but I've met 2 in my lifetime... Hoping to be 3rd time lucky :-)! {The first, serious tribal issues (the parents) no gree, the 2nd, na genotype wahala}, I'm chilling, waiting to be enthralled again ... Faith tingz wink Na God sure pass ..
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by tintingz(m): 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
gree-die:

dis is it!!
i prefer the alpha nice male.
which one be alpha nice male?
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by tintingz(m): 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
Gentle Naaz: Nice guy is a reaffirmation of mumu guy. Tak note
define a mumu-guy and a nice-guy?
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by philip001(m): 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
[/color][color=#000099]

Alpa Males ends up with the Nice ladies. Y
Nice guys gets the Alpa Females
Ths is ow it works.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
baby_123: Nice guy. Who has time for games and puzzles? Everyone is busy and chasing money ojare. Alpha male is an immature man who fits an immature woman. I will take the nice guy any day. As long as he's ambitious and bed skills are on point. Best of all worlds imo. Life is about peace of mind.

Alpha male can also be a nice guy, however, he's more than a nice guy... He's a go-getter, ambitious, hard-worker, highly intelligent, principled, and proactive... There's nothing better than an alpha male, believe that...
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ladies here's the good news; I'm both. cheesy
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
phoenix33: Who Loves An Alpha Male?

He is so cool. So suave, so confident and so bad ass. When he walks into the room, everyone stops to notice. Men like to hate him, women, well; they would just give anything to date him.

It’s not very hard to spot him in the crowd. In fact it’s really very easy because everyone wants to hang out with him. It’s that ‘thing’ about him that draws all eyes and attention; the unmistakable characteristics, the leader-of-the-pack appeal. Welcome to the world of the Alpha Male. Check.

And that’s all fine. Alpha Males exist. They are real. And they are the ‘IT’ boys who can turn tables with their infinite capacity for charm. True Story.

And guys, really, which one of you will not aspire for such ‘IT’ appeal? Such ‘It-ness’ is all-season demand. We get that.

But here’s the catch. There are these few things, an Alpha Male NEVER does. In the world of Alpha Male-ism, these things are strictly anathema. And if per chance you are exhibiting any of these symptoms, you know that whatever else you may be or not, a thick red cross has been drawn over the Alpha Male option!

Getting on with the not-an-alpha-male dead giveaways: (Girls, be paying more attention that the dudes!)
You Bully People:

An Alpha male is a fighter. True. And he will take on bigger, bad asser, chunkier foes if the need be. But Alpha Male be no bully. Bully-ism isn’t something that Alpha ‘It-ism’ is made of. Alpha Males do ‘real’ fights.

You Betray Others To Get Ahead:

Oh no. Bullshit Alarm. Alpha Males don’t abandon their pack; they don’t betray their pack. Alpha Males don’t believe in walking all over others to get ahead. They fight honorable fights and they fight hard. Underhanded, scheming? Not so Alpha Male in our opinion.

You Lie:

Alpha Male may be a lot of things. But he isn’t a liar. He doesn’t lie to his boss, to his friends, to his girlfriend. He doesn’t feel the need to. He knows what he knows. And he does what he does. He’s got his facts straight, and his priorities right. He doesn’t get himself into situations he might need to slither past, or wriggle out of. Lying, isn’t his thing. If you lie a bunch, dude, being an Alpha Male isn’t your thing!

You Blame Others:

Does blame game too much, too often? Douche Bag Alarm! Certainly NOT Alpha Male at all!

You Act Before You Think:

So you think it’s funny? Snapping into a reaction before putting much thought? We think not – not funny at all. Alpha Males are ace, cool, composed thinkers. You can hear their brain ticking and isn’t that just so attractive. Cool, methodical and calculated. Not rash, jumpy and reactive.

You Panic In Crisis:

Know this – the more severe the panic, the cooler an Alpha Male will be in responding to the crisis. He doesn’t panic. He doesn’t let others panic. In-Control – SO ALPHA!

You Gossip:

And that’s just girly! And you gossip about your friends, your girlfriend, your colleagues and your boss. And everything else in general. You pick out people’s weaknesses and shred them and think that makes up for a good, lasting, heartening laugh. True, if you do this, you may be bagging one ferocious bout of laughter, but that’s all you’re going home with, douche bag!

You Suck Up And Seek Approval:

And Alpha Male doesn’t suck up, he doesn’t seek approval. Let’s put it this way: He is sucked up to, and he dishes out approval to others. Check.

You Don’t Do Apology Even When You’re Wrong:

An Alpha Male is very clear about this. He can be wrong. He makes no claims about being infallible. And since he can be and is wrong sometimes, he has no qualms in manning-up and accepting his mistake and apologizing for it. In fact this is one trait that raises his hotness by like a thousand notches!

You Let Your Girl Pay For Dinner:

So really, it has less to do with notions of gender equality and rah rah. It’s more about how an Alpha Male operates. He’s got gentle manly written all over him. Even if his girl offers and reaches for the cheque, he gently plucks it off her hands and calmly, not facetiously, goes, ‘Hey, I’m handling this.’ And that’s that.

So dudes, you can go through this check list, like carefully. And tick off the traits and decide for yourself what your real Alpha Male quotient is. If you’ve managed to spare yourself of even eight out of these ten So Non-Alpha Qualities, We SEE POTENTIAL!

Peace out!

Thanks for the clarification. cheesy
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
Yasmine: I find myself falling for the kind of guy ekt_bear describes .. The undercover nice guy ---> He roars in the crowd, dons the 'player' veneer with full swag, chases and hunts and is as elusive as the best Alpha male, gives me grief trying to get his attention, but when I (finally) get to know him, see that under all that braggadacio, he's really a well-brought up, kind, loving nice guy with a softside , who can stand up when necessary !
What movie have you been watching lately?indian i guess.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
k2039: I'm a nice guy by default.

I tried using alpha male as a preset setting, but I just keep reverting back to my default program

Be careful.

Be a nice guy and you are pretty much fcked.

I have learnt that with experience. Every time you are too nice, you always certainly lose.

If you are a nice guy, you are most likely to end up with:

- A girl with average or below average looks.

Or

- An ATM (Anxious to Marry) who has wasted her prime with bad boys.

Or

- You wait eons and work very hard to get what she would give to a bad guy at the snap of the fingers.

Basically, you are pretty much fcked in all ways as you are settling for second best.

Women like a little bit of arsehole in you. Give it to them. Give them what they want and enjoy yourself.

You did not make the rules and you can't change it. Follow it!
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mannylex: The thing is ladies would always complain, and use every attitude as an excuse.... If u are too cool, they wont like it, they would say u are dull, try to be firm, they say u dont love them...

Do what the fck you wanna do and see how they fall in line.

Don't bother about what they have to say.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
pro01: Yet another nice guy vs 'bad' guy thread. It's getting ridiculous.

There's really no formula to these things. In any case, you can only succeed as a so-called "Alpha Male" (in the sense of being a selfish, apathetic jerk)when you have something significant going for you that makes you desirable whether you are nice or not (e.g. wealth, power, stardom, social position, dashing/desirable persona, etc.). If you think any girl would prefer a plain, ill-mannered, cold, unrefined, and broke azz brute like you to a well-to-do "nice guy" - simply because you act like a jerk, then you certainly have your head in the clouds.

People prefer people that are preferable. In other words, being a supposed alpha male (in the sense defined here) is never enough without meaningful reinforcements that make you desirable. D'banj or Paddy Adenuga would always be desired by countless women - regardless of whether they evince the Alpha Male personality or the nice guy personality - simply because they are desirable for their stardom and wealth (and good looks) respectively. Indeed, their desirability might even necessarily cause them to behave like jerks - since they know that women are theirs for the asking and they are forced to be indifferent and uncaring to several contenders for their attention. In this case, their desirability would NOT a consequence of their 'Alpha Male' behaviours, but rather an antecedent of it.

The bottom-line is that women are material and emotional creatures. Whatever satisfies or appeals to their material and emotional cravings is what they would desire. I doubt that any woman would desire a man that acts like a jerk, simply because he acts like a jerk. It's more like she would desire a man she deem desirable in spite of him being a jerk.

In my experience, this nice-guy vs Alpha Male/jerk categorizations are very nebulous and have very little to do with what women want or how they respond to a man romantically and otherwise.
1000000000000000000likes likes likes likes

1 Like

Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by greedie1(f): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
tintingz: which one be alpha nice male?
an alpha male dat is nice and wont brk my hrt cheesy cheesy
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
The lecturer has arrived. grin grin grin
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:
Do what the fck you wanna do and see how they fall in line.

Don't bother about what they have to say.

You need to be a little bit of both, however, there's no formula for chics... Just make sure you're in between - being too nice will make you look like a wimp, and being too standoffish will make you look arrogant..

Follow my lead, son... grin
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
some-girl:
the op described mr player vs mr boring, not alpha male vs nice guy

Men shouldn't always be available, neither should women.

Concur..
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Sagamite(m): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
Bisjosh: NICE GUY.................please lead me there cos they are scarce angry

They are plenty, you just don't notice them and ignore them when you see them.
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Be careful.

Be a nice guy and you are pretty much fcked.

I have learnt that with experience. Every time you are too nice, you always certainly lose.

If you are a nice guy, you are most likely to end up with:

- A girl with average or below average looks.

Or

- An ATM (Anxious to Marry) who has wasted her prime with bad boys.

Or

- You wait eons and work very hard to get what she would give to a bad guy at the snap of the fingers

Basically, you are pretty much fcked in all ways as you are settling for second best.

Women like a little bit of arsehole in you. Give it to them. Give them what they want and enjoy yourself.

You did not make the rules and you can't change it. Follow it!

Doesn't it come natural?
Re: The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? by Truckpusher(m): 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
I'm neither an alpha male nor a nice guy , I simply treat the girls the way they treat themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Exposes Ladies She Over-heard Planning To Attack Their Cheating Boyfriend / Can You Do Without Sex On Valentine's Day? / What Is Your Definition Of A "Hot" Lady?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.