Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,093 members, 7,946,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11514499 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (8150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2013
See Professor who say him no know book !. You will be my stocks consultant anyway. You have agreed to be, in the past, so you cant disown me now. More grease to your elbow 9free. I appreciate your contributions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Toluway: See Professor who say him no know book !. You will be my stocks consultant anyway. You have agreed to be, in the past, so you cant disown me now. More grease to your elbow 9free. I appreciate your contributions.
WELLCOME, how was london befor you come back? happy new month to you and to every body in the house.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2013
Nigerian Stock Exchange:

1. CBN compels banks to buy dollars to halt naira depreciation

2. Bank depositors paid N73.5bn dividend in 2012 – NDIC

3. Nigerian stocks lower by -0.90% in the week as bearish trend persists

4. NSE admits African Paints’ 108.46 million shares

5. Access Bank to explore multi-channel banking platform

6. Sterling Bank sensitises Nigerians to non-interest banking

7. Multiverse Plc: Appointment of a New Director

8. Unity Bank Plc: Appointment of Acting Managing Director

Source: www.proshareng.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
I hope u guys were able to exit aiico, I luckily exited at N1. Also exited afriprud at N2. Aiico is heading south now.

I plan to exit my remaining positions in diamond, zenith eterna as soon as I break even. Ill re-enter the mkt by Nov/Dec.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jahjehova(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hello every one. i am new here. I nid a mentor, I nid a honest broker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 11:43am On Sep 03, 2013
I don't know what to do with my Unity Bank, the stock is bleeding seriously
I'm losing money daily, will i ever break even at 1naira?
How do i exit?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
Would you advise someone to buy PAINTCOM
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
T-john:
I'm losing money daily, will i ever break even a 1naira?
How do i exit?

Same here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
In stock mkt, sometimes u take ur losses and move on.
I bought unity at 86k against advise frm my ogas at d top, when I found out I made a wrong investment, I bailed out at 60k.

If u have not bailed out till now, I advise u hold on to feb next year (bull run) so dt can exit or if it gets to 60k by chance, just run.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
please has anybodi confirm whether courtville outstandi share has bn increase to include d new bonus issue. I nid ma broker 2 print ma statement for me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
T-john:
I'm losing money daily, will i ever break even a 1naira?
How do i exit?

He that is down need fear no fall. Just hold a little longer as exiting now may not be a good idea...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ejiekwu1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
Five situations in which you should dump stock

In equity investing, it is advisable to take a long-term view, though one shouldn't simply buy and forget. Knowing when to sell shares is as crucial as the time at which you buy. ET lists the situations in which you should dump them...

1) Change in company's fundamentals

When you buy a company's shares, you do so because you are convinced about its growth prospects. This may be due to its competitive advantage, superior product mix, quality management, upcoming projects or new technologies, or a combination of all of these. However, if, after the purchase, you find that things have taken a turn for the worse, or that the reasons on which you based your decision are not materialising, you need to rethink.

An adverse event may be threatening to put the business in a spot; a fierce new competitor may have entered the fray, offering superior quality products at a lower price; key personnel may have left the company; or projects may have hit a roadblock. In such events, you should reassess the company's outlook, and if found wanting, you should sell the shares before the rot sets in.

2) Price runs up too high, too soon

Suppose you buy the shares of a company and its stock price skyrockets by more than 30% in a matter of weeks. It is enough to reaffirm your belief in the company, and at the same time, make you greedy. You convince yourself that you have hit upon a solid stock idea and that this sudden spike is just the beginning of a bigger rally.

However, a dramatic appreciation such as this can be due to reasons that have nothing to do with the company. It may be a random piece of news or market speculation. It would be better to pocket your gains and look for other opportunities, especially if the target price has been reached. If you are absolutely certain about the company's prospects, you can always buy back at a lower price.

3) Price drops below a threshold level

What would you do if the share price begins to nosedive after you buy the shares? Most people would tell themselves that it is a temporary setback and that the price would rise soon.

Incurring a loss on one's investment is a bitter pill to swallow, but you might end up with a bigger loss if you don't intervene in time. Ideally, you should ask yourself how much you are willing to lose on your investment and keep a threshold limit or floor, which should trigger a sale. This is commonly known as 'stoploss'. Instead of holding on to lemons, learn from your mistakes and move on.

4) Opt for a better opportunity

Is there a chance to earn higher returns in another stock? If you are convinced about the potential of this opportunity, you could consider dumping your underperforming stock. Perhaps you spot a turnaround in a cyclical stock or expect a company to benefit from new regulatory norms or project approvals. It would be better to get rid of the underachievers and seize the opportunity to recover some of the lost money and possibly make more.

However, never make the mistake of selling your winners to generate cash for this purchase. If, for some reason, your bet doesn't work out, you won't regret having let go of your money-spinners. On the other hand, you wouldn't lose sleep over throwing out your rotten apples.

5) Personal reasons

Apart from the market and businessrelated factors, personal consideration can also play a part in your decision to sell a stock. Portfolio rebalancing is an example. Over time, you may find that considering your risk appetite, your asset mix is skewed unfavourably. Perhaps, the mid-cap stocks in your basket have had a phenomenal run over the past year. Or, maybe, your stock portfolio has grown to a level beyond your comfort zone.

You could bring your portfolio back into shape by selling some of these holdings. If you are sweating over a particular stock that is moving erratically and is too volatile for your liking, you could replace it with a more stable candidate.

http://m.economictimes.com/personal/finance/savings/centre/analysis/Five-situations-in-which-you-should-dump-stocks/articleshow/22183819.cms?intenttarget=no&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ETwealth

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
mercylicious: In stock mkt, sometimes u take ur losses and move on.
I bought unity at 86k against advise frm my ogas at d top, when I found out I made a wrong investment, I bailed out at 60k.

If u have not bailed out till now, I advise u hold on to feb next year (bull run) so dt can exit or if it gets to 60k by chance, just run.

I Bought at 1naira, bailing out now means losing half of the money i invested. I lost huge money in International Energy
i'm really getting tired of Stock market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Elai147:

He that is down need fear no fall. Just hold a little longer as exiting now may not be a good idea...
Thanks. think i will do that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
T-john:

I Bought at 1naira, bailing out now means losing half of the money i invested. I lost huge money in International Energy
i'm really getting tired of Stock market

Don't lose hope when your stocks are not doing well especially when you start out. Everyone felt a sense of disappointment at a stage in stock investing, especially as a novice. I lost a lot of money too some years ago when I was still a newbie in the stock market. I was just following the advices of stockbrokers who only get paid when I buy or sell stocks. They don't mind advising you to buy 1 million units of one stock at once, so long as they get paid. When I discovered they were the reason behind my losses, I took up the challenge and started reading books and managing my investment portfolio myself. Try and follow this thread and some other investment threads in nairaland forum as well as SMN forum. Ask questions and don't get tired of reading books on investments (you can get most of them online and for free).

Good luck!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jahjehova(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
pls who will take my hand to learn the ropes here? help a broda men.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 12:51am On Sep 04, 2013
jahjehova: pls who will take my hand to learn the ropes here? help a broda men.
Elai147 says above,
Don't lose hope when your stocks are not doing well especially when you start out. Everyone felt a sense of disappointment at a stage in stock investing, especially as a novice. I lost a lot of money too some years ago when I was still a newbie in the stock market. I was just following the advices of stockbrokers who only get paid when I buy or sell stocks. They don't mind advising you to buy 1 million units of one stock at once, so long as they get paid. When I discovered they were the reason behind my losses, I took up the challenge and started reading books and managing my investment portfolio myself. Try and follow this thread and some other investment threads in nairaland forum as well as SMN forum. Ask questions and don't get tired of reading books on investments (you can get most of them online and for free).

Good luck!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:28am On Sep 04, 2013
[quote author=Elai147]

Don't lose hope when your stocks are not doing well especially when you start out. Everyone felt a sense of disappointment at a stage in stock investing, especially as a novice. I lost a lot of money too some years ago when I was still a newbie in the stock market. I was just following the advices of stockbrokers who only get paid when I buy or sell stocks. THAT IS TRUE THEY DID THAT TO ME BOUT THAT DID NOT MAKE ME TO STOP BUYING STOCK'S AM NOW ON MY OWN I BUY WHAT I THINK IS GOOD .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
T-john:
I'm losing money daily, will i ever break even at 1naira?
How do i exit?

I bought 31601 units of UBA at 7.12 in 2011, out of fear i sold it at 2.9 in 2012. You can imagine the lost and that was all my savings as a Corper then. I almost lost hope but i learnt something, in December 2012 i bought 650,000 units of Transcorp at 91k and sold it at 1.83 in feb this year. If i had known what i know now, i would have bought more units of UBA at 2.9 because the bank was under value then and sell now.

Here is my advise, Hold on to ur stock and bid for more units at 0.50 to minimize your lost.
Never lose hope cos in this market, u learn most when u lose.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
This thread also go in sideways
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
stockbull: This thread also go in sideways
welcome sir how do you mean
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Only God knows how unethical these hidden posts were.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
Please, who knows the registrar in charge of mansard? Investment1 (GT registrar)??
And I think they wanted to stop taxes on dividends sometimes ago, what happened to that policy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
stockbull: Only God knows how unethical these hidden posts were.

infact i tried posting the result of mansard in the morning and i got banned..i think it is automatic though and not val dubem fault
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dont be tempted to enter aiico at the current price.wema will react very good to this support and a 20% gain is not too far but analysis showed that the stock is not attractive to investors and sideways and doji can make investors to be frustated along the line.not even a 2nd choice let alone.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalan: 8:11am On Sep 06, 2013
stockbull: Dont be tempted to enter aiico at the current price.wema will react very good to this support and a 20% gain is not too far but analysis showed that the stock is not attractive to investors and sideways and doji can make investors to be frustated along the line.not even a 2nd choice let alone.....

I like ur parables...HEAVELY CODED. It reminds me of the prophets of Old cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (8150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mk3jax, Victoryissure(m), taybabs and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.