Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11125843 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ufotty2001: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
EDUECO:
Oando's 2015 Q3 EPS is/was --N4.18 while that of FCMB is +N0.13; the difference is clear. For the now, FCMB is still an asset while Oando is a liability(based on 2015 Q3 result)!
bros thank u!!! let them keep on creating unnessary panicking as if heaven will fall
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
EDUECO:
Oando's 2015 Q3 EPS is/was --N4.18 while that of FCMB is +N0.13; the difference is clear. For the now, FCMB is still an asset while Oando is a liability(based on 2015 Q3 result)!
Oando's 2014 Full Year EPS is/was --N13.44(take note of the minus)!
Hate u for this but the emphasis on the minus was hilarious!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
duni04:

Hate u for this but the emphasis on the minus was hilarious!
Bros,am sorry if I offended you(life no be Holly Wood). For the now, I can never buy Oando for 50 Kobo if it falls to this price; while I will gladly empty all my cash into FCMB if it falls to 50 Kobo! My apology to those in the Oando train if you're offended by this noble post.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 1:57am On Jan 30, 2016
EDUECO:
@ufot..., Since your Tecno has HTML5 , version 29.0.1809.93516 of Opera Beta would be quite compatible with your Tecno H5.
pls wat browser can i use in my lumia 535 dual sim to use itrade. kindly... response. Thankz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bobojoshua(m): 4:00am On Jan 30, 2016
Intendy:
like i usually say If you close your eyes to facts, you will learn through accidents

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 8:00am On Jan 30, 2016
Mfunkynation:
pls wat browser can i use in my lumia 535 dual sim to use itrade. kindly... response. Thankz
Since your Lumia also has HTML5 browser, the same version of Opera Beta could most likely work with your Lumia 535.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 8:14am On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=EDUECO post=42449155]Oando's 2015 Q3 EPS

Bros thank u for raising hope on fcmb. But at current price is it a buy buy.just want to kno ur own opinion cos this stock don finish me so i wan retarliate!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 8:38am On Jan 30, 2016
Gurus in the House....

Should I buy FBNH and UBA for medium to long term plans..

I already have these stocks in my portfolio FBNH (@7.5) and UBA(@4.0)... I want to average down...

At their current prices, is it a good entry point for medium to long term?

Cc:

Angelo
Godisfaithful(original myjoy)
Lancee
9free
Manie
Peterichie
Chibuking
Gbolahooal
etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abafetch: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2016
Gud mornin intelletual personel in d house... Pls i ned ur advice on how 2 go futher wit my late dads share wit (sterlinghealt now gsk) and AP i ave d certif hw can chang d name 2 mine and d divident pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abafetch: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2016
Stelinhealth 26k units 20 years wile ap 25 units 19 years pls i ned ur guides gurus in d hux dat hav experienc abt dis.. Tanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 9:05am On Jan 30, 2016
FCMB Group Plc pays annual dividends on its ordinary shares. FCMB Group Plc's Board of Directors has adopted a policy that seeks to provide investors with a stable and sustainable form of capital distribution, with consideration given to the growth requirements of the business, thereby maximising long-term share value for shareholders.

Dividends Paid and Year-End Earnings Per Share (Basic) Information

YEAR DIVIDEND
as at 31 st December (Kobo) EPS (Basic)
as at 31 st December (Kobo)
December 2014 25 112
December 2013 30 81
December 2012 Share Bonus (1:25) 77
December 2011 Share Bonus (3:20) 61
December 2010 35 49
December 2009 5 3

Up until April 2009, FCMB's financial year began on May 01 each year and ran up to and included 30 April of the following year. However, as FCMB has now moved to the common December year-end for Nigerian Banks (effective 31 December 2009), FCMB's financial year now runs from January 01 each year up to and including 31 December of the same year.

YEAR DIVIDEND
as at 30 April (Kobo) EPS (Basic)
as at 30 April (Kobo)
April 2009 0 25
April 2008 50 135
April 2007 35 63
April 2006 13 36
April 2005 7.5 25
@ Krishna, For the past 10 years; FCMB has paid dividend 8 times and given bonus 2 times! Due diligence is now yours to make. For the year 2014 which ended December 31,EPS is/was 112 Kobo while 25 Kobo is/was the dividend!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:05am On Jan 30, 2016
EDUECO:
Oando's 2014 Full Year EPS is/was --N13.44(take note of the minus)!

Please can someone interpret? What is this man saying?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:08am On Jan 30, 2016
EDUECO:
FCMB Group Plc pays annual dividends on its ordinary shares. FCMB Group Plc's Board of Directors has adopted a policy that seeks to provide investors with a stable and sustainable form of capital distribution, with consideration given to the growth requirements of the business, thereby maximising long-term share value for shareholders.

Dividends Paid and Year-End Earnings Per Share (Basic) Information

YEAR DIVIDEND
as at 31 st December (Kobo) EPS (Basic)
as at 31 st December (Kobo)
December 2014 25 112
December 2013 30 81
December 2012 Share Bonus (1:25) 77
December 2011 Share Bonus (3:20) 61
December 2010 35 49
December 2009 5 3

Up until April 2009, FCMB's financial year began on May 01 each year and ran up to and included 30 April of the following year. However, as FCMB has now moved to the common December year-end for Nigerian Banks (effective 31 December 2009), FCMB's financial year now runs from January 01 each year up to and including 31 December of the same year.

YEAR DIVIDEND
as at 30 April (Kobo) EPS (Basic)
as at 30 April (Kobo)
April 2009 0 25
April 2008 50 135
April 2007 35 63
April 2006 13 36
April 2005 7.5 25
@ Krishna, For the past 10 years; FCMB has paid dividend 8 times and given bonus 2 times! Due diligence is now yours to make. For the year 2014 which ended December 31,EPS is/was 112 Kobo while 25 Kobo is/was the dividend!

FCMB is a good buy at 65 kobo. They will definitely report a loss for the year end 2015. Q3 was still conservative
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2016
abafetch:
Gud mornin intelletual personel in d house... Pls i ned ur advice on how 2 go futher wit my late dads share wit (sterlinghealt now gsk) and AP i ave d certif hw can chang d name 2 mine and d divident pls
Contact Meristem Securities Ltd.,Nigeria. Just search on line for their phone contact.From my experience with them,they are quite efficient!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 9:23am On Jan 30, 2016
Agbalowomeri:

FCMB is a good buy at 65 kobo. They will definitely report a loss for the year end 2015. Q3 was still conservative
What is your estimate of FCMB's loss even if there will be one? Oando made a great loss of N13.44(EPS) for 2014 Full Year,but its share price has never gotten to N2 not to talk of 65Kobo. The probability of FCMB getting to 65Kobo is very small!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 9:52am On Jan 30, 2016
EDUECO:
What is your estimate of FCMB's loss even if there will one? Oando made a great loss of N13.44 for 2014 Full Year,but its share price has never gotten to N2 not to talk of 65Kobo. The probability of FCMB getting to 65Kobo is very small!

Edu, you are seriously battling for FCMB. In my experience, I don't do companies that just declared a bad result, reason being that I cannot guarantee how other investors will react, especially in an already bearish market caused by general world macro economic issues.

An over reaction by investors could lead to a tempoary crash, but of course, if u are in already and can't get out, U can only pep talk urself out of the situation until things improve. I do it too.

Though seriously, if u can offload ur FCMB units, pls do. Offloading at a loss ain't bad especially when some stocks like Zenith may still have an upside potential of N2, this new month.

FCMB in their corporate release mentioned that same fate awaits their Q4 results, so why have faith in them. I would prefer having faith in God.

Also note that Oando and FCMB are in different industries and the pricing dynamics of their share price is quite different. FCMB might not get to 0.65k. In fact I feel they won't, but they can.

In summary, I don't see any economic reason to believe in FCMB. If you have to believe in them, let it be because of a Word from God about putting your money there.

For me FCMB is a sell.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2016
Any hope for Evans medical in the nearest future?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abafetch: 10:10am On Jan 30, 2016
EDUECO:
Contact Meristem Securities Ltd.,Nigeria. Just search on line for their phone contact.From my experience with them,they are quite efficient!
tanks sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:11am On Jan 30, 2016
EDUECO:
Since your Lumia also has HTML5 browser, the same version of Opera Beta could most likely work with your Lumia 535.
pls kindly give me the link of d opera beta... thankz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abafetch: 10:12am On Jan 30, 2016
EDUECO:
tanks sir..
Wil do as instructed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:14am On Jan 30, 2016
donmarshia:

Edu, you are seriously battling for FCMB. In my experience, I don't do companies that just declared a bad result, reason being that I cannot guarantee how other investors will react, especially in an already bearish market caused by general world macro economic issues.

An over reaction by investors could lead to a tempoary crash, but of course, if u are in already and can't get out, U can only pep talk urself out of the situation until things improve. I do it too.

Though seriously, if u can offload ur FCMB units, pls do. Offloading at a loss ain't bad especially when some stocks like Zenith may still have an upside potential of N2, this new month.

FCMB in their corporate release mentioned that same fate awaits their Q4 results, so why have faith in them. I would prefer having faith in God.

Also note that Oando and FCMB are in different industries and the pricing dynamics of their share price is quite different. FCMB might not get to 0.65k. In fact I feel they won't, but they can.

In summary, I don't see any economic reason to believe in FCMB. If you have to believe in them, let it be because of a Word from God about putting your money there.

For me FCMB is a sell.

pls why will Zenith may still have an upside potential of N2, this new month.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=Agbalowomeri post=424559
Please can someone interpret? What is this man saying?[/quote]Oando made -N13.44 loss for 2014 Full Year ;while at 2015 Q3,its loss is/was -N4.18! And yet,Oando's investors are hopeful of a great future;then,FCMB's investors should be more hopeful of a greater future in the short run.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2016
abafetch:
tanks sir.. Wil do as instructed
You're most welcome!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2016
@donmarshia,I am hoping for FCMB's great crash in price in order for me to buy more units!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:52am On Jan 30, 2016
Agbalowomeri:

donmarshia:

For me FCMB is a sell.

Will they listen? The answer is No....Most people want someone that will give them hope and eventually take them to hopeville when reality is starring at them in the face....The management of FCMB did investors a big favour by letting shareholders know that the FY 15 result will be bad before it release but as usual, it will be overlooked...Since they want to hear the famous it is well quote, then i say, "It is well". smiley

FCMB Group Plc: Interim Audit Update
LAGOS, NIGERIA – 15 January 2016: FCMB Group Plc
(Bloomberg: FCMB) announces the
fourth week in January for completion of the banking
subsidiary's interim audit, which should
pave way for the release of the 3Q15 earnings results of
FCMB Group Plc, before the end of
January 2016.
According to Peter Obaseki, the Managing Director of
FCMB Group Plc, “3Q15 earnings as at
September 2015, will be materially below earnings for the
same period in 2014, due to two
factors: a spike in impairments particularly in the energy
sector and the significant reduction in
trade finance-related revenues due to foreign exchange
illiquidity. This trend continued in
4Q15 and largely emanated from wholesale banking
activities, while retail banking showed
greater resilience and earnings momentum.
2016 will be
characterised by continued growth in
retail contribution, stabilisation of wholesale banking
revenues and increased focus on cost
efficiencies (opex, funding and risk) in order to restore
earnings levels".
Best wishes,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2016
EDUECO:
@donmarshia,I am hoping for FCMB's great crash in price in order for me to buy more units!
This is what you should have said initially....It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2016
Edueco you aint alone on Fcmb. I believe the price will bounce back earlier than expected. Though things will get worst in the coming days. My plan is buying a certain number of units each day at the cheapest price possible as the price drops. Harvest time is surely not far away.
Note: This is not an advise

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:59am On Jan 30, 2016
Somebody should please interpret this for me.
What are the factors that should influence my decision if I want to buy?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
Born2berich:

Will they listen? The answer is No....Most people want someone that will give them hope and eventually take them to hopeville when reality is starring at them in the face....The management of FCMB did investors a big favour by letting shareholders know that the FY 15 result will be bad before it release but as usual, it will be overlooked...Since they want to hear the famous it is well quote, then i say, "It is well". smiley

Sir Born, well said. Trust the market marker of this stock. The stock wouldn't be on free fall like others. The worst had happened already. Just remember this word, stock like this always make a very strong U-TURN. Not a recommendation for God sake...lol

In stock market, NEVER say NEVER grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.