Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11115385 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
nairaimporter:
From my experience following this thread, I know that when I see a post in which the person gleefully asks other people to sell their oando/fcmb/and all the nonsense insurance stocks so that they can buy it because they know that the stock price will appreciate or their "company" wants to acquire more percentage of the stock...........

I know that
1. the person dosent know what he/she is saying

2. The said stock will continue to fall into the abyss

3. Don't ever listen to them

P.S pls make sure to offload said stock
Such talks are humour.
Shocked to hear you have been taking it seriously.
Just one of our ways of catching up with some fun here.
The bolded line wan kee me wit laff grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
EDUECO:
@Manonamission
[Source of this write up below is http://venturesafrica.com/the-10-nigerian-banks-with-the-greatest-exposure-to-the-oil-crisis/ ]
According to a report by Punch, the following banks have the greatest exposure to oil sector.
1. Nigeria’s oldest bank, First Bank by 40 percent.
2. Nigeria’s largest lender by market value, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc by 28 percent.
3. Top tier lender, Fidelity Bank by 28 percent.
4. Nigerian lender, Skye Bank by 27 percent.
5. Nigeria’s fourth largest bank, Access Bank Plc by 25 percent.
6. Top tier lender, Diamond Bank by 25 percent.
7. Nigeria’s biggest bank by asset, Zenith bank Plc by 18 percent.
8. EcoBank Nigeria by 18 percent.
9. United Bank for Africa (UBA) by 16 percent.
10. First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by 14 percent.

This was why I argued with @angelo82 that banks stocks may not perform well despite rising crude oil price because of toxic assets in their loan portfolio.

I doubt the GTB percentage because they were the only bank that didn't participate in last Shell divestment. Not the same for others. They are hugely exposed to the oil and gas industry. Most the winners got support from local banks running into billions of dollars.

My advice is, for anyone keen on putting her money in bank shares proper DD and study of the market should be done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
EDUECO:
@Manonamission
[Source of this write up below is http://venturesafrica.com/the-10-nigerian-banks-with-the-greatest-exposure-to-the-oil-crisis/ ]
According to a report by Punch, the following banks have the greatest exposure to oil sector.
1. Nigeria’s oldest bank, First Bank by 40 percent.
2. Nigeria’s largest lender by market value, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc by 28 percent.
3. Top tier lender, Fidelity Bank by 28 percent.
4. Nigerian lender, Skye Bank by 27 percent.
5. Nigeria’s fourth largest bank, Access Bank Plc by 25 percent.
6. Top tier lender, Diamond Bank by 25 percent.
7. Nigeria’s biggest bank by asset, Zenith bank Plc by 18 percent.
8. EcoBank Nigeria by 18 percent.
9. United Bank for Africa (UBA) by 16 percent.
10. First City Monument Bank (FCMB) by 14 percent.
If correct, UBA is a champion here then,
being one of the big 5, and here lightly exposed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
bolabiyi:
you don't av to stay long on it to make modest gain..its about d right pricing..wen it bottoms out...
To help the stock, they should release the expected bad full year immediately,
so that it can start healing early, after maybe two days of punishment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by adebrain(m): 4:21am On Feb 01, 2016
The Force Behind Forte Oil's Impressive 2015 Results http:///T9Jwdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 5:40am On Feb 01, 2016
4 Nigerian Banks among the World Top 500:

First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc and United Bank for Africa have been named among the world’s top 500 banks. A new study conducted by the United Kingdom-based The Banker Magazine gave this verdict.

The 2016 The Banker and Brand Finance Top 500 Banking Brands report showed that First Bank retained its number one banking brand ranking in Nigeria for the fifth consecutive year.

First Bank moved up the scale by 16 places, rising from 336th position in 2015 to 320th this year.

The ranking was published in the February edition of The Banker magazine of the Financial Times Group in conjunction with London-based Brand Finance.

While GTB moved to 389 in the world from 417 in 2015, Zenith Bank dropped from 388 in 2015 to 392 in 2016.

UBA returned to the ranking in 447, while Access Bank Plc dropped from the 2016 ranking. Access Bank was ranked 496 in 2015.

A statement by the Country Representative of The Banker magazine in Nigeria, Mr. Kunle Ogedengbe, noted that First Bank’s brand value increased to $322m in 2016 from $300m in 2015 while that of GTB also increased to $243m from $213m.

A brand value is the licensing rate that a third-party would need to pay to use the bank’s brand.

The 2016 brand value of Zenith Bank increased to $238m from $235 in 2015 while UBA that made a return to the ranking since 2012 has a brand value of $198m. UBA’s brand value in 2012 was $121m.

According to The Banker magazine, of the five countries in Africa that made the ranking, Nigeria has the highest brand value increase of $249m.

Egypt moved up by $239m; Togo gained $134m while South Africa and Morocco lost $878mn and $213m respectively.

Source - http://www.punchng.com/four-nigerian-banks-among-worlds-top-500-banks/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 6:59am On Feb 01, 2016
"Nigeria has asked the World Bank and African Development Bank for $3.5 billion in emergency loans to fill a growing gap in the 2016 budget, FT reports."

Read more at: https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-asks-for-3-5bn-in-global-emergency-loans

Let's see what the conditionalities will be. Will PMB now be forced to accept devaluation? Has he been holding out on devaluation to have a bargaining chip?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:23am On Feb 01, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 7:37am On Feb 01, 2016
Observe Seplat's performance today on the back of winning the case against Brittania-U last Friday. Good for JIJO?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:52am On Feb 01, 2016
Raider76:

"Nigeria has asked the World Bank and African Development Bank for $3.5 billion in emergency loans to fill a growing gap in the 2016 budget, FT reports."

Read more at: https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-asks-for-3-5bn-in-global-emergency-loans

Let's see what the conditionalities will be. Will PMB now be forced to accept devaluation? Has he been holding out on devaluation to have a bargaining chip?

I suspect it might be part of the condition because foreigners have been the main purveyor of the dreadful policy...we are watching
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 01, 2016
megainvest:
Observe Seplat's performance today on the back of winning the case against Brittania-U last Friday. Good for JIJO?

haahaha.
the person that placed the only bid suddely remove the bid

zenith doing me proud
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2016
EDUECO:
For the now,I still believe in FCMB because they told investors that there is going to be a drop with respect to Q3 & Q4 2014 Financial Results! This denotes profound integrity and a sign that all is still well.
On the other hand,Oando didn't do what FCMB did; and this is a great sign of lack of integrity!

Won't you allow FCMB crash?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 10:35am On Feb 01, 2016
Hmm! Fcmb is too strong, thought it wound have being 10 percent down by now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:37am On Feb 01, 2016
megainvest:
No single drop of offer...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:41am On Feb 01, 2016
I was born on 4th February, as we enter this my birthday month, I personally welcome everyone into this wonderful, great, and miraculous month, I wish us all divine favour, divine forgiveness, divine mercy, divine miracle, divine turn around, divine financial increase, and above all divine love. Happy new week and new month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:42am On Feb 01, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 01, 2016
zenith is abt to do 10% gain today.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:46am On Feb 01, 2016
Zenith nice job ..Happy i re-entred again to continue capital appreciation / to sell

Glad i didn't listen to sell at loss and come back in Dec pple

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 01, 2016
my seplat filling now;
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 10:49am On Feb 01, 2016
Manonamission:

Won't you allow FCMB crash?
It is the duty of the market(demand and supply)!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 01, 2016
zenith is retracing

zenith has lost it all.
Ejiro ututu ama njo ahia.
cheesy

Am on my annual leave from office. i need to recover this fcmb loss by fire by force.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fulfillbill(m): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2016
jamace:
4 Nigerian Banks among the World Top 500:

First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc and United Bank for Africa have been named among the world’s top 500 banks. A new study conducted by the United Kingdom-based The Banker Magazine gave this verdict.

The 2016 The Banker and Brand Finance Top 500 Banking Brands report showed that First Bank retained its number one banking brand ranking in Nigeria for the fifth consecutive year.

First Bank moved up the scale by 16 places, rising from 336th position in 2015 to 320th this year.

The ranking was published in the February edition of The Banker magazine of the Financial Times Group in conjunction with London-based Brand Finance.

While GTB moved to 389 in the world from 417 in 2015, Zenith Bank dropped from 388 in 2015 to 392 in 2016.

UBA returned to the ranking in 447, while Access Bank Plc dropped from the 2016 ranking. Access Bank was ranked 496 in 2015.

A statement by the Country Representative of The Banker magazine in Nigeria, Mr. Kunle Ogedengbe, noted that First Bank’s brand value increased to $322m in 2016 from $300m in 2015 while that of GTB also increased to $243m from $213m.

A brand value is the licensing rate that a third-party would need to pay to use the bank’s brand.

The 2016 brand value of Zenith Bank increased to $238m from $235 in 2015 while UBA that made a return to the ranking since 2012 has a brand value of $198m. UBA’s brand value in 2012 was $121m.

According to The Banker magazine, of the five countries in Africa that made the ranking, Nigeria has the highest brand value increase of $249m.

Egypt moved up by $239m; Togo gained $134m while South Africa and Morocco lost $878mn and $213m respectively.

Source - http://www.punchng.com/four-nigerian-banks-among-worlds-top-500-banks/

With all the policies Buhari is implementing, do you think they will still be successful this year?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 11:17am On Feb 01, 2016
mercylicious:
zenith is retracing

zenith has lost it all.
cheesy

Am on my annual leave from office. i need to recover this fcmb loss by fire by force.

When is Zenith result coming out?

I expect that Zenith will be a sure banker this year. After the result comes out, it will likely go out of stock and it will be a roller coaster all the way till pay day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:22am On Feb 01, 2016
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 11:25am On Feb 01, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:30am On Feb 01, 2016
I sold on Friday at 30% profit but I will wait for it to retrace again before jumping in for another round.Know that you can be a monkey on Zenith too. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 11:31am On Feb 01, 2016
mercylicious:
zenith is retracing

zenith has lost it all.
cheesy

No fear! Will most likely get to 15 naira this month. I am expecting a 1.44naira dividend after withholding tax all things being equal. Nevertheless keep ur ears to the ground for any unfavourable news.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 11:42am On Feb 01, 2016
FCMB is about to take off! Even 'sick' Oando has gained today.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
This market is not for the faint hearted.
Zenith riding again. on more than 9% again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
currentprice:
grin grin

Oya, list the stocks in ur portfolio. U just keep hammering dey go.
I need to recoup the 50% lost to fcmb in these 2 weeks.
Meanwhile, that your car for ur dp no bad.. winks.

no plate - forex. ok naa

(1) (2) (3) ... (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: congi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.