Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11115822 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3844) (3845) (3846) (3847) (3848) (3849) (3850) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2018
swilo:

Been watching from the sidelines. Once it is clear who the party presidential flag-bearers are, I will consider purchasing.

The higher the mountain, the lower the valley.
Election bear is real hyperactive. As election draw nearer the tension will be more high, and NSE will respond by moving more toward southern pole.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
dipoolowoo:
International Breweries to Commission $250m Sagamu Plant August 28
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/08/22/international-breweries-to-commission-250m-sagamu-plant-august-28/

.....''Expected next Tuesday to commission the factory, which is believed to be the biggest plant of the firm in West Africa, is President Muhammadu Buhari.''

Hmmm, he will send ISINBAJO, and VEECOVEE will plead with him to allow LOCO to do the commissioning. A tough call indeed. We are politically observing the religious implications... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chibuking81:

Election bear is real hyperactive. As election draw nearer the tension will be more high, and NSE will respond by moving more toward southern pole.

CAVEATS are needed in your posts.

Thanks. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Thanks. grin
grin grin ( caveat = warning )
I always like to help, because of quest for more money, many fail to listen to their spirit, and study the habitual action of the country political/economic movement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2018
DeRuggedProf:

Thanks. grin

Leave him.. they’ll locate him wherever he is in Warri if that bonanza no happen.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chibuking81:

grin grin warning ?

Deepsuk will finally leave oracle and face you next year..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by koma1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
Please what is the meaning of Bonanza in NSE context? People on this forum always say they will wait for Bonanza period before they buy.someone should explain please. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
Mcy56:

Oga say make you drink bitter lemon or yoyo-bitters, say e go dey easy to execute. grin

Lol grin

We're learning and improving. Fighting itchy fingers has improved a lot. The last time I bought a stock is May ending (almost 3 months ago). Couldn't do this before. And it has saved me plenty of money shocked

Prices are falling at unexpected speeds. If it continues like this, some of my planned first batch entry prices will be met next week, which is supposed to be the beginning of the main bear season. The question is, by now much more percentage can some stocks still fall this year?

Abeg where those Agba prices again? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
koma1:
Please what is the meaning of Bonanza in NSE context? People on this forum always say they will wait for Bonanza period before they buy.someone should explain please. Thanks

Lol.... grin

Bonanza period is when you get stocks so cheap, that you can get 2 or more times its value in a matter of time (BUY 1 GET 2 or more FREE).

Chibuking81 will explain better sha.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
musty00:

Lol.... grin

Bonanza period is when you get stocks so cheap, that you can get 2 or more times its value in a matter of time (BUY 1 GET 2 or more FREE).

You have said it all.
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by koma1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
musty00:

Lol.... grin

Thanks bro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:59pm On Aug 22, 2018
Example, when Zenith was
@ #28, if one has sold his/her 1 unit at #28 and waited for bonanza period, which will come up by January,February& March next year during election period, and buy back the same Zenith @ #14 per a unit, that mean, he/she will get 2 unit @ #28, meaning one unit is free. The same goes to Fedility, when it was @ #2.60, Fcmb, @ #2.70, Diamond bank, Honeyflour and many others.
Many stock will give those who sold on time, 2 unit free, per a unit sold and buy back.
Those that will still sell now, will still get one free, when the time come.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chibuking81:
Example, when Zenith was
@ #28, if one sold his/her 1 unit at #28 and wait for bonanza period, which will come up by January,February& March next year during election period, and buy back the same Zenith @ #14 per a unit, that mean, he/she will get 2 unit @ #28, meaning one unit is free. The same goes to Fedility, when it was @ #2.60, Fcmb, @ #2.70, Diamond bank, Honeyflour and many others.
Many might give those who sold on time, 2 unit free, per a unit sold and buy back

That would be fine ooo though I sold zenith for #27.3
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chibuking81:
Example, when Zenith was
@ #28, if one sold his/her 1 unit at #28 and wait for bonanza period, which will come up by January,February& March next year during election period, and buy back the same Zenith @ #14 per a unit, that mean, he/she will get 2 unit @ #28, meaning one unit is free. The same goes to Fedility, when it was @ #2.60, Fcmb, @ #2.70, Diamond bank, Honeyflour and many others.
Many might give those who sold on time, 2 unit free, per a unit sold and buy back

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by koma1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chibuking81:
Example, when Zenith was
@ #28, if one has sold his/her 1 unit at #28 and Waite for bonanza period, which will come up by January,February& March next year during election period, and buy back the same Zenith @ #14 per a unit, that mean, he/she will get 2 unit @ #28, meaning one unit is free. The same goes to Fedility, when it was @ #2.60, Fcmb, @ #2.70, Diamond bank, Honeyflour and many others.
Thanks so much sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
aremso:

You did well..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chibuking81:
Example, when Zenith was
@ #28, if one has sold his/her 1 unit at #28
and waited for bonanza period, which will come up by January,February& March next year during election period, and buy back the same Zenith @ #14 per a unit, that mean, he/she will get 2 unit @ #28, meaning one unit is free. The same goes to Fedility, when it was @ #2.60, Fcmb, @ #2.70, Diamond bank, Honeyflour and many others.
Many stock will give those who sold on time, 2 unit free, per a unit sold and buy back.

grin grin grin one day as you’ll be typing Zenith your phone will just crash..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toayofo: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
I have been a silent observer and really appreciate the depth of insight i have gained from members here especially currentprice (cp) .

I need candid advice PLEASE.I bought Zenith at 23 naira some weeks ago based on what i percieved to be a bargain price....but I am now concerned by some comments here that it might drop to as low as 12!

My investment and exit plan was based on projected 50% capital appreciation within an 8-12 months period.Now I am thinking that I might have bought too early

I need a candid advice ,is it wise to sell the Zenith now and hope that it drops further (it is already below the 52wk low which I never thought will happen with the good result).PLEASE I NEED CANDID ADVICE as I invested a substantial amount ,if I sell tomorrow I will lose nearly 500k but I don't mind if I will be able to increase my holding since I will recover the loss over time.

As mentioned here by some,since cash is king,another alternative I was thinking about is to sell the Zenith and even if it doesn't drop any further ,target others that may drop even more....e.g. Fidelity,GTB,UBA etc where i might get better capital appreciation within 1 year

Seniors PLEASE ADVICE, Fxuser,CP........Thanks so much in advance!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kinda happy all the good stock are at their lowest now.. Zenith, UBA and Flourmill join 52 weeks low..
If you are a trader or investor you just got to be happy now no matter what your current portfolio is doing grin grin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chibuking81:
Example, when Zenith was
@ #28, if one has sold his/her 1 unit at #28 and waited for bonanza period, which will come up by January,February& March next year during election period, and buy back the same Zenith @ #14 per a unit, that mean, he/she will get 2 unit @ #28, meaning one unit is free. The same goes to Fedility, when it was @ #2.60, Fcmb, @ #2.70, Diamond bank, Honeyflour and many others.

Even though the market is still likely to go down further, don't be sure about those timelines as bonanza period.

Given where prices are already, the best thing is to be monitoring targeted stocks along side index.

Do you know that after February 13, 2015, when Guaranty and Zenith almost traded at the same price (Guaranty-17, Zenith-15.62), there was a very strong bull run. Guaranty moved from 17 to 25.5 and Zenith moved from 15.62 to 21.75. So if you're pegging February as bonanza, you may be left behind grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yayira:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
musty00:

Even though the market is still likely to go down further, don't be sure about those timelines as bonanza period.

Given where prices are already, the best thing is to be monitoring targeted stocks along side index.

Do you know that after February 13, 2015, when Guaranty and Zenith almost traded at the same price (Guaranty-17, Zenith-15.62), there was a very strong bull run. Guaranty moved from 17 to 25.5 and Zenith moved from 15.62 to 21.75. So if you're pegging February as bonanza, you may be left behind grin

If you believe he’ll wait till February before buying then Musty00 Jesus was born in Ghana and Donald John Trump is the president of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yayira:

If you believe he’ll wait till February before buying then Musty00 Jesus was born in Ghana and Donald John Trump is the president of Nigeria.
You no wan dash out your Ghana must go bag of money make guys chop small shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
toayofo:
I have been a silent observer and really appreciate the depth of insight i have gained from members here especially currentprice (cp) .

I need candid advice PLEASE.I bought Zenith at 23 naira some weeks ago based on what i percieved to be a bargain price....but I am now concerned by some comments here that it might drop to as low as 12!

My investment and exit plan was based on projected 50% capital appreciation within an 8-12 months period.Now I am thinking that I might have bought too early

I need a candid advice ,is it wise to sell the Zenith now and hope that it drops further (it is already below the 52wk low which I never thought will happen with the good result).PLEASE I NEED CANDID ADVICE as I invested a substantial amount ,if I sell tomorrow I will lose nearly 500k but I don't mind if I will be able to increase my holding since I will recover the loss over time.

As mentioned here by some,since cash is king,another alternative I was thinking about is to sell the Zenith and even if it doesn't drop any further ,target others that may drop even more....e.g. Fidelity,GTB,UBA etc where i might get better capital appreciation within 1 year

A difficult question you have asked.
What we have are possibilities and not certainty.
Nobody actually knows how low zenith will go before bouncing back.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
toayofo:

Option 1. Sell, and buy at a lower price

Option 2. Hold, and average down when it falls .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Option 1. Sell, and buy at a lower price

Option 2. Hold, and average down when it falls .

What if he sells and the price refuses to fall further?

What was his plan when he bought? People need to develop their own plan and stick to it. Everything that happens here is noise. His fear has to do with what he has heard here and that's wrong. He hasn't even bothered to do any due diligence to understand why those low prices are being touted. All the best to him shaaa....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
toayofo:

Toayofo,

I am not CP or FX (these are my ogas) but if you are not a 'longtermer', or if you did not buy more than 1% of Zenith bank shares, or if you did not purchase in portions (meaning you don't have more money to average down), once your stop loss is hit, sell at least 50% off. Your stop loss might be 5% or 10%.

We are still in August... the journey to another result release is still far, the environment (political and economic) is filled with uncertainty, Zenith mid year party is also over. There is every likelihood that prices will drop more before it rises again. This is my candid opinion.

#Dont forget I am not CP or FX.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yayira:

No ooo grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2018
Stocks are still going down, whether you believe it or not.
Better to sell now with lose and enter back January/February at cheaper rate.
I am neither a joker or deceiver, I speak the truth and stand on it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by swilo: 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
aremso:

So what is the right time to buy? Dec. Or January?

Sir Aremso,

No matter how bad NSE turns out to be, people will still key into stocks with very good financials as at Q3 result release. Also by then, it will be clearer who the contestants will be, with likely election outcomes and some stocks would have hit their lowest possible low.

This is my insinuation. I follow trends here and online daily as I am still learning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
FOOD 4 THOUGHT

A man spends his whole life chasing money, mostly not for his own needs but for that of his immediate family.

The wife works quite alright but there is an unwritten law that says he must provide all her needs because he is a "man", so he saves up and the first car he buys he gives to his wife because "she's a woman, she shouldn't be stressed up" he can still jump buses till he affords to buy another car.

The house rent gets due and he is short of 50k so his wife adds up from her savings and they pay. Two months into the renewal of the rent the wife starts nagging about how she really needs her 50k, there are things she needs to do, most of which are all superfluous. He pays her back her 50k that she contributed to the good of the same family.

His wife isn't very good at driving so he comes home to see she has bashed in the right door of her car. "I'm a little pressed for money dear, I won't be able to fix that anytime soon, do you have some money to spare?" She says she doesn't so the car gets parked for a month or two in which his eardrums were nearly perforated with nagging and complains.

She's pregnant! Yay! the first child is here, it's a girl. That brings it's own responsibilities. The wife's family came to visit to congratulate them and when they leave, another unwritten law says that as a "man" you should give them money for transport

The Man's own family comes too and the same unwritten law is applied.

They get more children and have to move to a bigger house which requires bigger money for rent. And with children expenses don't decrease as they grow older it increases.

One day you wake up and you are 65years old realizing you've done absolutely nothing for yourself as a man but slaved to satisfy others, most of which aren't even grateful for the sacrifice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (3844) (3845) (3846) (3847) (3848) (3849) (3850) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MARKETJJC and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.