Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,912 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11115932 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) (4385) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
Haypril07:
Please I need advice and guidance because it's my first time. I have #10,000 and I want to invest it before this month runs out...Please ur help will seriously be appreciated as I am new to this. A total newbie.
please help

Hope u have a source of income. Money u r putting into stock u shud consider it as investment not expecting immediate growth!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
Wheat trending down
Flour coys expected to trend up if it continues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
Coolcash1:
Zenith is a cursed stock....I swear... angry

I still stand by this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
Coolcash1:

I still stand by this.

Except you are desperate of their dividend else you won't like the stock.

Loco and his household is 100% in this bus but contemplating on whether to still remain after dividend or not.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
Gtb declares a dividend of 2.45,div yield 6.5%.zenith bank is giving us 10%.gtb must come down to 24.5 to match a div yield of 10% or else orubebe.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
Gtb declares a dividend of 2.45,div yield 6.5%.zenith bank is giving us 10%.gtb must come down to 24.5 to match a div yield of 10% or else orubebe.

The presence of foreign market participants will never allow it to fall to your expectation.Stanbic is another stock like Gtb.

I think zenith Bank need to do something to match with Gtb in price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
locodemy:

The presence of foreign market participants will never allow it to fall to your expectation.Stanbic is another stock like Gtb.

yeah,the gap is just much.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 2:03am On Mar 07, 2019
Haypril07:
Please I need advice and guidance because it's my first time. I have #10,000 and[b] I want to invest it before this month runs out[/b]...Please ur help will seriously be appreciated as I am new to this. A total newbie.
please help

Let me start from Here, You would want to invest and see your investment yield like say 100,000,000.....This is possible but you have 2 wicked and vicious enemies against you, they are Time and rate of return while waiting.....I once read a book that adviced for one to take all investment like farming grains as most investment mimics farming practices....If all you have is a grain of corn it is possible to fill a silo from a grain of corn but the minimum you would have to wait is 50 years(time) and that is if all the conditions necessary for the farming of corn(rate of return) is perfect for that 50 year time, so for starters you farm your grains one season at a time.......Therefore, If all you have is a grain of corn, you would do all that is necessary to keep the corn alive, you will watch over it day and night, you would look for the best possible soil to plant it, You would pick every bug that wants to make a nice meal of your growing plant.........With this analogy, stocks can only be an option to you if you have got time on your side and are not expecting a fantastic rate of return.................
The lure to stocks occurs when stocks are marketed as if current shareholders were the original owners of the firm....

I feel like preaching this morning

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:21am On Mar 07, 2019
maishai:

Let me start from Here, You would want to invest and see your investment yield like say 100,000,000.....This is possible but you have 2 wicked and vicious enemies against you, they are Time and rate of return while waiting.....I once read a book that adviced for one to take all investment like farming grains as most investment mimics farming practices....If all you have is a grain of corn it is possible to fill a silo from a grain of corn but the minimum you would have to wait is 50 years(time) and that is if all the conditions necessary for the farming of corn(rate of return) is perfect for that 50 year time, so for starters you farm your grains one season at a time.......Therefore, If all you have is a grain of corn, you would do all that is necessary to keep the corn alive, you will watch over it day and night, you would look for the best possible soil to plant it, You would pick every bug that wants to make a nice meal of your growing plant.........With this analogy, stocks can only be an option to you if you have got time on your side and are not expecting a fantastic rate of return.................
The lure to stocks occurs when stocks are marketed as if current shareholders were the original owners of the firm....

I feel like preaching this morning

You have the microphone
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 7:34am On Mar 07, 2019
locodemy:

I have a feeling it has to do with profit margin. Zenith might beat GT bank in net profit, but I have noticed GT bank always has a better profit margin. Meaning they make more money with less available money relatively than Zenith Bank. This is the kind of things foreign investors like, I might be wrong though. Wish I knew with actuality.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 7:38am On Mar 07, 2019
locodemy:
So union diag traded 35 million units today?
oh 35k units?

Even at 30kobo?

This stock will be very liquid at 10-15kobo.

I am waiting to buy @ the masses willing price.

I keep saying it "BETTER go and BEG the gods" this was exactly how they PUSHED you into buying Zenithbk since last year @N28 and uptil now even with their DIVIDEND you are yet to BREAK EVEN.

In all honesty i respect your VILLAGE PEOPLE, they always have a UNIQUE way of pushing you out of PROFITABLE DEALS whereas they always make you stay longer than necessary in UNPROFITABLE VENTURES.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2019
locodemy:

And also, GT bank, Okomu Oil and Beta Glass have always felt like growth stocks to me, because of the way they have trended upwards.

First bank, UBA, Zenith, Access just have this haphazard cycle. They never seem to trend upwards and this defies the logic that over time stock prices should go up relative to inflation. Zenith bank feels like it hasn't done significantly well with inflation, price wise, which is surprising. It might be the profit margin theory I have or something else. Do they do stock buy backs? Does the company or Foreign guys hold so much they don't want to sell? I noticed Okomu oil and Beta Glass have almost no liquidity/trading volume. GT bank is an exception though.

If anyone can really know why Okomuoil, GT bank, beta glass and co are behaving differently than Zenith, UBA and co, then that person will make a lot of money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:06am On Mar 07, 2019
PETERiCHY:
I keep saying it "BETTER go and BEG the gods" this was exactly how they PUSHED you into buying Zenithbk since last year @N28 and uptil now even with their DIVIDEND you are yet to BREAK EVEN.

In all honesty i respect your VILLAGE PEOPLE, they always have a UNIQUE way of pushing you out of PROFITABLE DEALS whereas they always make you stay longer than necessary in UNPROFITABLE VENTURES.
LMAO grin grin
Chai! Peter you no go kee person here. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:11am On Mar 07, 2019
locodemy:
So union diag traded 35 million units today? oh 35k units?
Even at 30kobo? This stock will be very liquid at 10-15kobo. I am waiting to buy @ the masses willing price.
Loco, just tell us say your eyes dey on Uniondac. Na only Udac waka come ni? shocked
If your mind is telling you to buy better follow your heart even if its with tashere amount you can afford to lose if it goes the other way. grin grin
E be say na truth Peter dey tell you o. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tolktob: 8:28am On Mar 07, 2019
GonFreecss1:

I have a feeling it has to do with profit margin. Zenith might beat GT bank in net profit, but I have noticed GT bank always has a better profit margin. Meaning they make more money with less available money relatively than Zenith Bank. This is the kind of things foreign investors like, I might be wrong though. Wish I knew with actuality.
You're on point bro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 07, 2019
PETERiCHY:

Chai.All these for me?
But think of wetin I talk kwa.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Haypril07(m): 9:15am On Mar 07, 2019
Krisuba:

Hope u have a source of income. Money u r putting into stock u shud consider it as investment not expecting immediate growth!!

Yes bro, am ready to give in the #10,000 as investment.

Please advice a reliable source to invest in.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Haypril07(m): 9:21am On Mar 07, 2019
[quote author=maishai post=76418702]
Thanks for your insight. Please advice me on how to go about it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 9:29am On Mar 07, 2019
[quote author=Haypril07 post=76423990][/quote]

Do you have a stockbroking account?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 9:39am On Mar 07, 2019
Haypril07:

Yes bro, am ready to give in the #10,000 as investment.

Please advice a reliable source to invest in.

If you are the same guy I quoted on the Tbills thread, my advice is to first understand your risk capacity. I feel for now low risk should be it, if you can't handle seeing your money slashed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 07, 2019
Corporate Action:
Stanbic IBTC Holdings has released its results for the 2018 financial year. Gross Earnings increased from N212 billion in 2017 to N222 billion in 2018.
Profit before tax rose from N61 billion in 2017 to N88 billion in 2018.
Profit after tax also increased from N48 billion in 2017 to N74 billion in 2018.
A final dividend of N1.50 has been declared. Qualification date for the dividend is Wednesday 20th of March 2019.

Check out the Nairametrics Apps store today
http://app.nairametrics.com/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
Corporate Action:
Stanbic IBTC Holdings has released its results for the 2018 financial year. Gross Earnings increased from N212 billion in 2017 to N222 billion in 2018.
Profit after tax also increased from N48 billion in 2017 to N74 billion in 2018.
A final dividend of N1.50 has been declared. Qualification date for the dividend is Wednesday 20th of March 2019.

Zenith has done better that stanbic and gtb in terms of dividend yield
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 9:53am On Mar 07, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
Corporate Action:

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/25200_STANBIC_IBTC__HOLDINGS_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2019.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 9:55am On Mar 07, 2019
Mpeace:
Zenith has done better that stanbic and gtb. Its hard to understand why it trades below those stocks.
All the explanations given above don't even come close to an explanation.
Stanbic total dividend for the year stands at N2.5. Which is even lower than that of gtb. Yet it trades higher.
My oga if you ask me na who I go ask? We all know that the driver and conduct of Stanbic IBTC are both imported.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:56am On Mar 07, 2019
phemmie06:

My oga if you ask me na who I go ask? We all know that the driver and conduct of Stanbic IBTC are both imported.
I have seen the reason. Stanbic EPs is 7.05. They have done extremely well. Let them fly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2019
Mpeace:
Zenith has done better that stanbic and gtb in terms of dividend yield

Anybody who knows the reason why stands to make a lot of money. It baffles me too. I also feel UBA, UCAP and Afriprud, should be trading higher too, if we look at Gt bank and Stanbic, but alas... market happens.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:03am On Mar 07, 2019
Mpeace:
I have seen the reason. Stanbic EPs is 7.05. They have done extremely well. Let them fly.

Zenith and probably UBA (will) have a higher EPS yield relative to their share price. Why can't they fly too?

The answer to this questions are gold.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2019
STANBIC's OS figure is 10bn units unlike GTB and Zenith that are almost 30bn each. I think this creates a relative scarcity for STANBIC as well as a higher EPS for a smaller PAT hence a stronger upward pull for its price on NSE.
Midas Stockbrokers once explained to me that most of IBTC's 10bn shares are in the hands of foreign individuals who hardly sell. This is also another factor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:23am On Mar 07, 2019
GonFreecss1:

Zenith and probably UBA (will) have a higher EPS yield relative to their share price. Why can't they fly too?

The answer to this questions are gold.
My broda, that of stanbic is understandable. They have a very big investment arm that can move any stock.
But I no understand zenith/gtb price difference.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:24am On Mar 07, 2019
Mpeace:
My broda, that of stanbic is understandable. They a very big investment arm that can move any stock.
But I no understand zenith/gtb price difference.

Hahahahaha. I understand you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 10:25am On Mar 07, 2019
Deadlytruth:
STANBIC's OS figure is 10bn units unlike GTB and Zenith that are almost 30bn each. I think this creates a relative scarcity for STANBIC as well as a higher EPS for a smaller PAT hence a stronger upward pull for its price on NSE.
Midas Stockbrokers once explained to me that most of IBTC's 10bn shares are in the hands of foreign individuals who hardly sell. This is also another factor.

The foreign investors who don't sell is an interesting point I have been thinking of too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 10:35am On Mar 07, 2019
GonFreecss1:

The foreign investors who don't sell is an interesting point I have been thinking of too.
That is actually the strongest force keeping its price stubbornly high always.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) (4383) (4384) (4385) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Boshins and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.