Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,843 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:01 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (4391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11181635 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4388) (4389) (4390) (4391) (4392) (4393) (4394) ... (7879) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GonFreecss1: 2:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
And the bleeding continues...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2019
tritritri:

Value investor & mercy una tank u ooh..na una dey kip dis forum lively dis days..
My oga you have laid the foundation for us now, so we don't have a choice than to follow your footsteps, honestly most days are not complete here on this forum without your input
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2019
Valueinvestor:
My oga you have laid the foundation for us now, so we don't have a choice than to follow your footsteps, honestly most days are not complete here on this forum without your input

Iniitially i thought u were Yariya, i enjoy d valuable lesson on ur write up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
Corporate Action:

FCMB Group Plc has announced the retirement of Mr Bismarck Rewane from the board of the company. This follows the acceptance of his retirement by the company's board at a meeting held on March 8, 2019.

Check out the Nairametrics Apps store today
http://app.nairametrics.com/ could he be the next CBN governor/finance min?I doubt,baba no dey use appointments do experiments.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by johnie: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
Mcy56:

Qualification date: April 8.
Payment date: April 18
AGM: April 18

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/25190_GUARANTY_TRUST_BANK_PLC._CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2019.pdf

Can anyone confirm that dividends for GDR will be paid on the same date?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
Corporate Action:

FCMB Group Plc has announced the retirement of Mr Bismarck Rewane from the board of the company. This follows the acceptance of his retirement by the company's board at a meeting held on March 8, 2019.

http://app.nairametrics.com/ could he be the next CBN governor/finance min?I doubt,baba no dey use appointments do experiments.

hmmmmm..... ........fingers crossed......I have seen him on several commissioning of projects in the last 4 years.......20% feeling he could be the one............FCMB book marked to be loaded the day he is announced
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
me i pray its him. that's my economics mentor. He is just too brilliant.

DOLLARTEX:
Corporate Action:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2019
EKU Market.....in oga CP's voice

.......we are going to make money this year....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
Corporate Action:

Could this be a 'preparatory stage' to an assumed post of a next CBN governor?
Mr Bismark Rewane, CEO/MD financial derivatives Ltd already has an ongoing ramance with the current political dispensation after been named as the head of the presidential advisory committee of the recently adjusted new minimum wage ealier this year.
...while the bank he leaves(FCMB), also seem to be playing out a good 'poker game' at the centre.
On the flip side, could it be the former(ACCESS) and NSE pres. Mr Aig Imoukhuede?
I believe a renowned economist like the 1st personality would be a welcome development for the country, at this time should the present CBN boss, Mr Godwin leave.
...but only if the our commander-in-chief can...

Away from CBN-related matters, something is happening in both banks.
I think that both stocks should be on any deserning investors watch list.

Disclosure: I will only 'marry' FCMB at this time, if I were to choose btw the 2. ...ACCESS? ...maybe, just maybe, later !!
Disclaimer: NOT to be perceived as any sought of recommendation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
aremso:

Bailed out from zenith@22.7, 22.80 and 22.75 Coming back when the coast is clear. Zenith plane is currently crashing.
Zenith is not crashing 22.55 + 2.50 ( dividend) = #25.05. It was markdown to 22.45 yesterday, meaning that at 22.55 it gain 10 kobo from its markdown. Zenith will soon go back to #24/25.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
Bismark Rewane I believe has done his full term as an independent director with FCMB as prescribed by the CBN. I do not think anyone outside the cycle of the current government will be appointed as CBN Governor.
onegentleguy:

Could this be a 'preparatory stage' to an assumed post of a next CBN governor?
Mr Bismark Rewane, CEO/MD financial derivatives Ltd already has an ongoing ramance with the current political dispensation after been named as the head of the presidential advisory committee of the recently adjusted new minimum wage ealier this year.
...while the bank he leaves(FCMB), also seem to be playing out a good 'poker game' at the centre.
On the flip side, could it be the former(ACCESS) and NSE pres. Mr Aig Imoukhuede?
I believe a renowned economist like the 1st personality would be a welcome development for the country, at this time should the present CBN boss, Mr Godwin leave.
...but only if the our commander-in-chief can...

Away from CBN-related matters, something is happening in both banks.
I think that both stocks should be on any deserning investors watch list.

Disclosure: I will only 'marry' FCMB at this time, if I were to choose btw the 2. ...ACCESS? ...maybe, just maybe, later !!
Disclaimer: NOT to be perceived as any sought of recommendation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chibuking81:

Zenith is not crashing 22.55 + 2.50 ( dividend) = #25.05. It was markdown to 22.45 yesterday, meaning that at 22.55 it gain 10 kobo from its markdown. Zenith will soon go back to #24/25.

zenith will go down to like say #19......I say this as i have a feeling that top traders can rove through dividend paying stocks @ little commission and trading charges qualify for dividend and bail out....I am still trying to formulate a strategy for this cos I think it is only during earnings period that one can say he is guaranteed profit for sure

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bisiki2: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chibuking81:

Oga, i like been realistic i have been following zenith for more than a decade is a kind of nasty stock that u can cant beat your chest about and it is only result/FPI that can only allow it to appreciate in price. you may be correct but if FPI are not having intrest in it my brother forget it the price would be around 20-21 couple with the political uncertainty. Even when there was massive bull in 2017 when gtb was doing 55 zenith max was around 35, maybe quaterly result might be pushing it once in a while or if or if foreign investors delve into it but i dont think it would be sustained. Major rally would be around round when they want to release their year end result. But if rates in money market are higher then load you gun with enough bullet to kill as much as you can kill cos FPI will want to go for bons tbs mmf that have lesser risk.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
https://www.zenithbank.com/media/2753/fye-conf-call-2018.mp3
bisiki2:

Good Day Sir,

Please help post that of Zenith Bank.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
onegentleguy:

Back in sec school days when we were thought the basis of summary in English language, am sure u could remember that one of the most important skill u need, if u were to be successful in summary write-ups is the ability to seive out the writings of core relevance and discard those of little or no importance.
...because often times, those of little or no importance can be even more voluminous.

The stock market behave in a similar way !!
Sometimes the participants in the market can behave in a way that's similar to the nature of a summary write-up.
...and so u will also need to apply ur basic knowledge of summary writing with the handling of disseminated information.
The market will always have different participants with diverse views, but its now left for u to weigh those views and permute from only the ones that are in line with ur set out objective.
Remember; There can be many of those views that are purely reactionary and many more stemming from emotional plays.
So if one is not careful, they could be overwhelmed by those plenty of views. ...which could become very 'noisy' with time.

Moral: Learn to seive out the 'noise' from what's real and in line with ur set out goals.
The key lies in having a market playing strategy that's suits ur personality and doing well to stick religiously to it.
...just stick to ur guns, and u can almost always better 'run the market race' with far more WINS than losses.
Chibuking81:

U do have the time to revert. wink cheesy grin

Above was a past post to serve as guide for those who care to listen.
Like I always tell folks;

"If(as an investor) u wish to find out the meaning of 'emotional intelligence', go everywhere else but NOT the stock market.
...otherwise, 'u'll oftentimes be forced' to pay ten fold the 'actual worth' of an asset, or regret after disposing it !!"
~Sinclair

Unfortunately most fellows are 'emotionally ridden' with their investing pattern. ...and when that happens, it becomes very difficult to implement a workable investment strategy.
There are not too many coys that can pass for the same measure of return as ZENITH. The stock simply has a pattern. If u know ur way around it, u would more often than not, make money from it.

Q.E.D

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
DOLLARTEX:
Corporate Action:

The next CBN governor is going to be from across the river Niger as long as PMB is on the throne. If you know, you know.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2019
Some will sell Zenith bank at 22.70 and will want to see it go down to 18, only to be disappointed in seeing it heading to #30. I have followed Zenith bank movement for some years now, the stock usually move up after their markdown, when the fearful ones has exited.

2.50 for ten years is #25, meaning in ten year with annual payment of dividend and interim, ones holding in Zenith will seen to be free, because the dividend alone will return more than initial invested capital.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dammybrite: 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
Show us the way, baba
onegentleguy:

U do have the time to revert. wink cheesy grin

Above was a past post to serve as guide for those who care to listen.
Like I always tell folks;

"If(as an investor) u wish to find out the meaning of 'emotional intelligence', go everywhere else but NOT the stock market.
...otherwise, 'u'll oftentimes be forced to pay' ten fold the 'actual worth' of an asset !!"
~Sinclair

Unfortunately most fellows are 'emotionally ridden' with their investing pattern. ...and when that happens, it becomes very difficult to implement a workable investment strategy.
There are not too many coys that can pass for the same measure of return as ZENITH. The stock simply has a pattern. If u know ur way around it, u would more often than not, make money from it.

Q.E.D

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chibuking81:
Some will sell Zenith bank at 22.70 and will want to see it go down to 18, only to be disappointed in seeing it heading to #30. I have followed Zenith bank movement for some years now, the stock usually move up after their markdown, when the fearful ones has exited.

2.50 for ten years is #25, meaning in ten year with annual payment of dividend and interim, ones holding in Zenith will seen to be free.

Sorry pls for how long does the price upside sustained when the stock is marked down for dividend? 2017 FY i sold the stock after marked down i sold @27.30 the stock rose to 28+ something and later was fluctuating between 23-24 later dived to 19+ then back to 20+ at the junction where i picked mine. I want to be a smart investor and not the emotional one, i have never made loss investing in zenith bank and the strategy as really worked for me and i will stick to it. i will always go in at a reasonable price qualify for the dividend wait a bit then bail out to money market then re-enter again toward end of the yr.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2019
dammybrite:
Show us the way, baba

1st, I am not a baba. ...I am also a learner like u.
But I'd prefer to answer to ur question by using a line of replies I gave a fellow at an investment forum just before the banks ex dividend date.
He wanted to know what was mark down date and how one can work to play around the process(of a coys markdown) to their favour. ...with emphasis on ZENITH BANK.
...and here was my reply to him:

● It's the date at which a cash and/or script dividend so declared by a company is discounted/deducted from its equity price.
In principle, the mark down date is the ex dividend date(the last date when shares can be purchased to receive the dividend) in addition to NO less than a trading day.
Mathematically, mark down date = [ex dividend date + (>/=1</= 5 trading days)]
Between the range of inequality(>/=1 </=5) is the CLOSURE OF REGISTER by the said company.
● Another point to note is that the EX DIVIDEND DATE is the same as the QUALIFICATION DATE for a seller but NOT the same for a buyer of the said security on that day.
For a seller, the qualification date is equivalent to the ex dividend date. (mathematically, Qd= Ed)
The interpretation of this is that a seller of a given security shall be qualified for a declared dividend after mark down, even if he sells the said stock on the ex dividend date.
However, for a buyer, the qualification date is equivalent to the ex dividend date after discounting for at least 1 trading day. (mathematically, Qd= Ed-1)
Again the interpretation of this is that a buyer of a given security shall ONLY be qualified for a declared dividend after mark down, if he buys the said stock at least a day before the ex dividend date.
This is the similarity and difference between qualification date(Qd) and ex dividend date(Ed), and the reason why in stock market finance, all qualification dates are ex dividend date, but NOT all ex dividend dates are qualification date !!
The classification will depend on whether u are a seller or a buyer.
● If u can read btw the line and understand this post, then u will also know why a company that declared a dividend WILL oftentimes tend to RISE in price on the days leading up to the ex dividend date but DROP on the ex dividend date and sometimes thereafter.
...until of course, there's a seeming balance btw all inherent demand and supply factors including but NOT limited to;
- The coys fundamental heartbeat
- Its dividend yield
- Its earnings yield
- Its beta rating and 50,100 and 200 days trade volumes and technical drive.
- Its historical behaviour and present sentimental trend.

If u can thread this lines to ur advantage, u would know HOW to play the likes of ZENITH, GTB, STANBICIBTC, AFPRUD and UCAP in the short term.
● For long term investors however, this strategy is not for u !! ...as all 5 coys as mentioned above are great(fundamentally stable and healthy) including the ones I've stated here in the past.

Everything will depend on ur personality, strategy and investment horizon.

Hope u can derive a thing or 2 therein.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
aremso:

Sorry pls for how long does the price upside sustained when the stock is marked down for dividend? 2017 FY i sold the stock after marked down i sold @27.30 the stock rose to 28+ something and later was fluctuating between 23-24 later dived to 19+ then back to 20+ at the junction where i picked mine. I want to be a smart investor and not the emotional one, i have never made loss investing in zenith bank and the strategy has really worked for me and i will stick to it. i will always go in at a reasonable price qualify for the dividend wait a bit then bail out to money market then re-enter again toward end of the yr.

The parts in bold are KEY. ...it goes to show that u are an investor who has always 'erected his structures' following a laid out plan. So stick to that which 'works' for u and keep it up.
One of the core survival mark to successful investing is having a working plan and sticking religiously to it.
However, its also important to continue to 'evolve and improve' in ur strategy !! That way, u can curb or bridge the gap btw the many uncertainties in the market and more often than not, thinker them to ur favour.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2019
Hi, here is something I thought you might find interesting:

New 'OPEC' Of U.S. Oil Super Majors Could Seize Control Of Global Pricing

For the full story:
http://uk.investing.com/analysis/new-opec-of-us-oil-super-majors-could-seize-control-of-global-pricing-200206643

Download the Investing.com UK App for Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fusionmedia.investing&hl=en_gb

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2019
aremso:

Sorry pls for how long does the price upside sustained when the stock is marked down for dividend? 2017 FY i sold the stock after marked down i sold @27.30 the stock rose to 28+ something and later was fluctuating between 23-24 later dived to 19+ then back to 20+ at the junction where i picked mine. I want to be a smart investor and not the emotional one, i have never made loss investing in zenith bank and the strategy as really worked for me and i will stick to it. i will always go in at a reasonable price qualify for the dividend wait a bit then bail out to money market then re-enter again toward end of the yr.
Many factors affected stocks generally last year, from ups and down of crude oil, to drops in EPS of many companies, and generally to the fear of unknown of 2019 general election outcome which forces many foreign investors to bail out from the market. But despite the whole urge Zenith move up with 62 kobo in 2018 final from their 2017 final year, from #5.53 Eps to #6.15 Eps

Most of those factors that forces stocks to go down will not repeat itself again this year. Election has come and go, Foreign investors will soon gradually coming back to market. Am seen Zenith bank returning close to hundred percent this year from their current price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chibuking81:

Many factors affected stocks generally last year, from ups and down of crude oil, to drops in EPS of many companies, and generally to the fear of unknown of 2019 general election outcome which forces many foreign investors to bail out from the market. But despite the whole urge Zenith move up with 62 kobo in 2018 final from their 2017 final year, from #5.53 Eps to #6.15 Eps

Most of those factors that forces stocks to go down will not repeat itself again this year. Election has come and go, Foreign investors will soon gradually coming back to market. Am seen Zenith bank returning close to hundred percent this year from their current price.

chai......seems I have entered one chance in zenith.
You told us oando will sell above #12 in a couple of days only for us to see the stock nose dive.Now you are predicting 100% in zenith.who knows where zenith will nose dive reach this time?

You and Peter eeeeeh

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chibuking81:

Quite understands your points but go through the price history of the stock from at least 2011 -2018 and tell me how the price has be able to sustain after marking down. You can also get this on investing.com. if you think you will have 100% this year from the current price then I want to see that magic of even #40.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
locodemy:

You told us oando will sell above #12 in a couple of days only for us to see the stock nose dive.Now you are predicting 100% in zenith.who knows where zenith will nose dive reach this time?

You and Peter eeeeeh
lol. Make una no kill de guy spirit. Remember he just left the ....gang
This market will surely not remain down, especially during the last weeks of this month.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
locodemy:

You and Peter eeeeeh
@ #21 Zenith beg many days for passengers, when did you enter, by considering your entry one chance?.
Or are you up to something?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chibuking81:

Am seen Zenith bank returning close to hundred percent this year from their current price.

lol chibunkin , each year comes with it's own dynamics . let watch and be hopeful. As our oga onegentleguy said . Follow ur rules .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
otokx:

The next CBN governor is going to be from across the river Niger as long as PMB is on the throne. If you know, you know.
the next cbn gov is going to be a fulani man

(1) (2) (3) ... (4388) (4389) (4390) (4391) (4392) (4393) (4394) ... (7879) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BullBearMkt(m), robobo, floydmayweather, Ndidi2, Streetinvestor2, Mills55, Palomadove and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.