Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,336 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11179226 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5301) (5302) (5303) (5304) (5305) (5306) (5307) ... (7878) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
This 10% is getting me mad o.

See as I sold caverton I have been buying since btw 2.50 -2.60.

I never know the 10% will come in a sudden way.Before I could cancel the sell order which I placed upfront at 2.82,everything is executed.

Now caverton on full bid.......oh my God.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
I have shifted my goal post for Afriprud to #5.5 and might still shift it over and over
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Stock with new 52 week lows
NCR #2.70k
Stocks with new 52 week highs
APR #5.12k
Aiico #0.90k
Prestige assurance #0.61k

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
locodemy:

I never know the 10% will come in a sudden way.Before I could cancel the sell order which I placed upfront at 2.82,everything is executed.

na so e de bee naw
Take heart..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
Calebbold:

The new rule says 30th of January for unaudited result and 31th of march for audited result. I think they have already flouted the rule.

@ Sir Rebakah is right !!
The point is; Since they(LARFAGE WAPCO in this case) did not put out any unaudited report before the 31st of Jan, then they must come up with the audited result on or before the the end of February 2020 !!
Had they declared the unaudited report in Jan, they would have been allowed the luxury of time until March 31st for the audited FP.
The same also applies for other quoted coys.

That's what the rule interprets.

Hope its clearer now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
onegentleguy:
If I were an investor, I will ACCUMULATE the likes of ZENITH, FCMB, FBNH, FIDELITY, UBA, ETI, UACN and DANGOTE SUGAR @ their current mkt price like there is no tomorrow !!

The coys I also mentioned ealier are also WORTHY of consideration, particularly LARFAGE WAPCO, CAVERTON and AIICO.
AIICO' last financial print, especially some lines in its NTS is saying something to the discerning minds.

If u know, u know !!

My problem with AIICO is proposed fundraising.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Go and read thru the NTS from its recent FP.
...pls take ur time to thoroughly digest through the lines therein, and yee shall find a few good reasons to 'embrace' AIICO !!

NOTE: Still NOT a recommendation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
onegentleguy:

@ Sir Rebakah is right !!
The point is; Since they(LARFAGE WAPCO in this case) did not put out any unaudited report before the 31th of Jan, then they must come with the audited result on or before the the end of February 2020 !!
The same also applies for other quoted coys.

Hope its clearer now.

Yesterday i dreamt WAPCO dropped a BANGER result. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
But that is the key
OBAGADAFFI:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
ndidigood:
na so e de bee naw
Take heart..

Na waoh.Not even a unit is remaining.

Did they released any result or insider trading?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
onegentleguy:

Go and read thru the NTS from its recent FP.
...pls take ur time to thoroughly digest through the the lines therein, and yee shall find a few good reasons to 'embrace' AIICO !!

NOTE: Still NOT a recommendation.

Well, AIICO closed on Full-bid.

https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/09/deal-aiico-receives-n5-3-billion-investment-from-leap-frog/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
locodemy:

You are still a LEARNER this JiJO business..Once you met your target no regret and no looking back else you may turn to a PILLAR of SALT.

2moro CARVETON might open on FULL OFFER.

*ThE OcToPuS*

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
PETERiCHY:

You are still a LEARNER this JiJO business..Once you met your target no regret and no looking back else you may turn to a PILLAR of SALT.

2moro CARVETON might open on FULL OFFER.

*ThE OcToPuS*

The volume traded today is unusual.Illiquid stock traded over 13m units on the floor.It signals strength.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
PETERiCHY:
Yesterday i dreamt WAPCO dropped a BANGER result. cool
Dream analysis. Well done sir. tongue
Yayira see your new club member, ensure he pays membership fee from his loot. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 2:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Well, AIICO closed on Full-bid.

https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/09/deal-aiico-receives-n5-3-billion-investment-from-leap-frog/

Ur a smart fellow.
...but this is just one of it.(NTS line in view)
With that though, it makes sense to expect that the said rights issue(which some folks had reservations for, including u) may likely be priced @ a premium to or equivalent to N1.20
The leap frog PE guys are not fools u know. The fund is still hot in there, if u know what I mean.

Again, when u read through certain lines from the NTS, estimate and extrapolate figures, u'll find that there's really no need for the proposed rights.(ditto EM, COMBINED RATIO, SHAREHOLDERS FUND...)
There's a craft to take away from the impatient ones.
We understand these things. wink cheesy grin

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
What happened in Caverton today? Is that a sign of great things to come? Over 13million units sold.

Result is likely out and may be juicy too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
Where is Oracle and his bear gang grin
The bull gang seems to be in full force today grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
Oga OGG, These people will have seats on the Board and will be entitled to so many freebies, same cannot be said of me ooo that just wants to have small shares in the company. To be honest the outstanding shares will become bogus and the EPS will not be anything to write home about.
onegentleguy:

Ur a smart fellow.
...but this is just one of it.(NTS lines in view)
With that though, it makes sense to expect that the said rights issue(which some folks had reservations for, including u) may likely be priced @ a premium to or equivalent to N1.20
The leapfrog PE guys are not fools u know. The fund is still hot in there, if u know what I mean.

Again, when u read through certain lines from the NTS, estimate and extrapolate figures, u'll find that there's really no need for the proposed rights.(ditto EM, COMBINED RATIO and SHAREHOLDERS FUND)
There's a craft to take away from the impatient ones.
We understand these things. wink cheesy grin

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
locodemy:

Na waoh.Not even a unit is remaining.

Did they released any result or insider trading?

when UA loaded in some stock dont sell all at once
I have a target price written down on every stock l intend selling and l also review it
I have a target price for uba @8.5- 9
the day l told it got to #8.7 l sold in bits
Still monitoring it got to #9 l sold
Watching keenly it got to 9.10 l sold again
And greed set in
I said
" ebe ochanja di o tua kedu ka main market ga a di"
Ist week of Jan o
Uba don't tire naw
Selling in batches is best especially u guy that are loaded

Brood over it a bit and move on.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
... edited. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
PharmAlfred:
What happened in Caverton today? Is that a sign of great things to come? Over 13million units sold.

Result is likely out and may be juicy too.

People wey never do board meeting?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
ndidigood:
na so e de bee naw
Take heart..

Bought 1.5m units of Caverton since last year and has tied my money down since then. Had to sell 500k units at a loss due to the frustration. Now i have made up my mind not to sell the rest until profit is made... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mcy56:
I actually observed some pattern before close of biz Xtyday, but to be saying some things come dey fear me self, considering all the negative news surrounding the market and the fact that I'm not a TA or FA person. To cap it all, I don't even have some of those stocks i comment on. So no justification for my observation. sad
Saw aiico and carverton move earlier.......anyway good luck to those inside. If not yet in and you plan to enter, watch your entry price, na Wetin I go talk be that. cheesy
As for Dangsugar, I don't still trust the stock with the currentprice, maybe those planning to enter should watch out for bottom here before jumping in.......I may be very wrong.

Are we expecting goodies from the company? I sold the company at lost last two weeks after seeing NASCON result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndidigood(f): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
Coolcash1:

Bought 1.5m units of Caverton since last year and has tied my money down since then. Had to sell 500k units at a loss due to the frustration. Now i have made up my mind not to sell the rest until profit is made... grin
yes o
This is the season we all HV bn waiting for.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
pluto09:

Where is Oracle and his bear gang grin
The bull gang seems to be in full force today grin grin

Oracle call was right on spot...
Dis period gives us time to load for another rally...
Cum Dividend...
Its earning season.... startin with UCAP....
March & April are historically bullish....
Lets hope for better days ahead....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
locodemy:

Itchin fingers...
U for sell in tranches ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
If this market rally. Oracle is dead wrong.

If this market slump oracle is totally right,

Whether right or wrong , not my core, I have

my strategies for both, even in sideway/bear market Loco is still making 10% grin
Willie2015:

Oracle call was right on spot...
Dis period gives us time to load for another rally...
Cum Dividend...
Its earning season.... startin with UCAP....
March & April are historically bullish....
Lets hope for better days ahead....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
sellydion:
If this market rally. Oracle is dead wrong.

If this market slump oracle is totally right,

Whether right or wrong , not my core, I have

my strategies for both, even in sideway/bear market Loco is still making 10% grin

That man must be stinking rich. Hmm, imagine making 10% of 20 mil every week. Another hostel loading for him.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dupeodus: 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

AIICO truly does not need the additional capital from the proposed rights issue. The latest unaudited fs for end of 2019 shows that they have the required N18 billion paid up capital as defined. However, most of those capital is in the life business. AIICO has a need to increase the capital for it's general insurance business to enable them to carry the risks of their generated non life business which they have been forced to re-insure over the years because of low capital. I speculate that is the need for the rights issue. I also speculate that they will help shareholders out to find the rights issue by doing a significant dividends this year. In effect, they are re-allocating capital from the life business to the non-life business and for those that re-invest the dividends in the rights issue, it will be like receiving bonus shares, save for the withholding tax.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TLAX: 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
Dupeodus:

AIICO truly does not need the additional capital from the proposed rights issue. The latest unaudited fs for end of 2019 shows that they have the required N18 billion paid up capital as defined. However, most of those capital is in the life business. AIICO has a need to increase the capital for it's general insurance business to enable them to carry the risks of their generated non life business which they have been forced to re-insure over the years because of low capital. I speculate that is the need for the rights issue. I also speculate that they will help shareholders out to find the rights issue by doing a significant dividends this year. In effect, they are re-allocating capital from the life business to the non-life business and for those that re-invest the dividends in the rights issue, it will be like receiving bonus shares, save for the withholding tax.

@Bolded contradicts your opening comment.

I have never seen any company that dilutes shareholding and raises money via rights issue for fun. The group needs the cash and they need it desperately too. Barring poor market conditions they would have done the RO last year. That is why in addition to PP and rights issue, they are also selling their AIICO PFA to a Merchant bank.

There is a world of difference between retained earnings and cash and so while all the accounting indices may be pointing to a healthy company, the guys are cash strapped.

That one about significant dividends to help people buy rights, i think its wishful thinking.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
I will appreciate if my Ogas can explain the following concepts to me especially as each relates peculiarly to the NSE
a) market makers, their functions, advantages and disadvantages, are they enemies or friends of retail investors;
b)pre-market: the participants and its purpose and do they have more privileges than ordinary retailers
c) why does the sales engine close at 2.15pm yet you still see trades effected at 2.30pm
d) what real as opposed to theoretic protections do an ordinary investor has against loss of his money in a stockbroker account, especially a one-man controlled brokerage firm and
e) how do some traders use posting of huge bids or offers to manipulate price, assuming somebody call their bluff what will happen?
Thanks as you educate me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
[They are selling AIICO PFA. The wrong move in my view.quote author=TLAX post=86788245]

@Bolded contradicts your opening comment.

I have never seen any company that dilutes shareholding and raises money via rights issue for fun. The group needs the cash and they need it desperately too. Barring poor market conditions they would have done the RO last year. That is why in addition to PP and rights issue, they are also selling their AIICO PFA to a Merchant bank.

There is a world of difference between retained earnings and cash and so while all the accounting indices may be pointing to a healthy company, the guys are cash strapped.

That one about significant dividends to help people buy rights, i think its wishful thinking. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5301) (5302) (5303) (5304) (5305) (5306) (5307) ... (7878) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lexy2lexy, meholo, IYGEAL(m), stronglink, unite4real and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.