Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11115935 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5643) (5644) (5645) (5646) (5647) (5648) (5649) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:58pm On May 07, 2020
afroxyz:
Please what is best stock broking firm to use with low commissions ? Or do you advise I download meristem app and start off from there?
Check out Morgan Capital or Greenwich Mytradebook........
they have low commissions ......but Morgan's is the lowest so far.

You can always ask your questions here for wider and varied opinions cos we have lots of experienced hands here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:02pm On May 07, 2020
jideflash:
how the fbnh market closed. i follow chop......
98M+ transactions done today. Lots of cross deals.
Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:12pm On May 07, 2020
Mcy56:

Which one is P&d ?
I typed D and it changed it to smiley for me. Lol.
Classmate na pump and dump oh. I notice say you no come school during lockdown. Na that time them teach us. Some of our big profs never even return from lockdown

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jobaye(m): 3:18pm On May 07, 2020
Mpeace:
Classmate na pump and dump oh. I notice say you no come school during lockdown. Na that time them teach us. Some of our big profs never even return from lockdown

He was busy aza oda rum. wlcm back

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:24pm On May 07, 2020
Mpeace:
I don't think it's pump and dump, cos I kept monitoring it in today's market.
Fbnh with 15M bids to 58M offers at a point in time would have gone on full offer on a normal day but this did not happen.
With the improved results, I expect it to be in circa 5 at least.
Anyway, we see how it goes...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 3:40pm On May 07, 2020
AIICO's insurance 2019 financial performance, is outstanding, hope they will declare better dividend this time o, since they made almost X4 of their 2018 profit.
A dividend of 20 -25k will definately be very good in this current dispensation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 4:23pm On May 07, 2020
dharpzee:
AIICO's insurance 2019 financial performance, is outstanding, hope they will declare better dividend this time o, since they made almost X4 of their 2018 profit.
A dividend of 20 -25k will definately be very good in this current dispensation.

Did you say dividend of 20 to 25kobo. Ahh! That's too much na.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 07, 2020
PharmAlfred:

Shebi they wan do right issue or they don do am already?

Help me ask bro where the dividend go come from......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 4:40pm On May 07, 2020
PharmAlfred:

haaa. 25 kobo no too much ooo. If they don't pay at least 15 kobo, then the profits may as well be audio profits.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by afroxyz: 5:05pm On May 07, 2020
Mcy56:

Check out Morgan Capital or Greenwich Mytradebook........
they have low commissions ......but Morgan's is the lowest so far.

You can always ask your questions here for wider and varied opinions cos we have lots of experienced hands here.

Thans very much

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:27pm On May 07, 2020
austinkenneth:

haaa. 25 kobo no too much ooo. If they don't pay at least 15 kobo, then the profits may as well be audio profits.

Most insurance firms declare Audio Earnings......am yet to invest in any insurance firm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2020
ukay2:

Most insurance firms declare Audio Earnings......am yet to invest in any insurance firm.

Lol, but why na? Is it to spike share price so that they can release new public offerings at premium? Or maybe to secure a decent loan ratings. Beside these I can't think of a good reason for that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 07, 2020
ukay2:

Only newbies can take them serious.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:49pm On May 07, 2020
locodemy:

Only newbies can take them serious.

Please they should avoid the insurance companies except for jijo if they have the energy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:49pm On May 07, 2020
ositadima1:

Lol, but why na? Is it to spike share price so that they can release new public offerings at premium? Or maybe to secure a decent loan ratings. Beside these I can't think of a good reason for that.

No be small thing Sir.

Only the directors chop alone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dupeodus: 5:53pm On May 07, 2020
No, it is not too much. I don't know if the new investors will participate in the dividend. Even if they do, the total will still be less than N2 billion. This company has over N10 billion cash on hand talk less of the excess of government securities over insurance contracts liabilities. The company has also gotten approval for a rights issue. What is the company going to do with all that cash? The shareholders also need to come up with the cash for the rights issue. The company already meets the capital requirements of NAICOM.

PharmAlfred:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 6:18pm On May 07, 2020
Mcy56:

Let me add this:
Instead of watching out for the info to sell alone, why not also have your own strategy or follow what works best for you?
If you're for JIJO, then you may just target a certain percentage, say 10 or 15%, when you achieve it, just sell it
OR, when you reach target and you still think you can gain more, you can then start watching out for price resistance and sell as soon as you noticed this.

NB: note the word jijo there. No vex say I put mouth for the matter o. grin

About 95% of my portfolio on medium term. 5% on Jijo. I have made right decisions and several wrongs calls several times.
Every info on this platform is valuable as far as I am concerned. Many time it makes you see things from another perspective
Pls put mouth for my matter. I need am

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 7:30pm On May 07, 2020
Dupeodus:
No, it is not too much. I don't know if the new investors will participate in the dividend. Even if they do, the total will still be less than N2 billion. This company has over N10 billion cash on hand talk less of the excess of government securities over insurance contracts liabilities. The company has also gotten approval for a rights issue. What is the company going to do with all that cash? The shareholders also need to come up with the cash for the rights issue. The company already meets the capital requirements of NAICOM.

Please can you let the house know what your updated view on the company is?

I think SEC and NSE should really stand up to this guys and their intent on appropriating the wealth of the minority shareholders to themselves.

If this cheating is allowed to pass, then SEC is just an audio regulator.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:06pm On May 07, 2020
seyisanya:

My oga, I'm the person. The only reason I've never sold a single stock at a loss before is that I plan every move I make in this market, and I stick to it religiously. Even if Nestle does 100% tomorrow, it's no longer my business. I did not time the market, I only traded my plan!
Sorry bro, no harm meant,just stick to what works for you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2020
Mcy56:
25kobo.
Thanks. I ve comfirmed I was underpaid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dupeodus: 9:09pm On May 07, 2020
austinkenneth:

Please can you let the house know what your updated view on the company is?

I think SEC and NSE should really stand up to this guys and their intent on appropriating the wealth of the minority shareholders to themselves.

If this cheating is allowed to pass, then SEC is just an audio regulator.

Now that we know the investors in the Private Placements, my view of AIICO has changed somewhat in favor of the company. I do believe that the current major owners, the Fajemirokuns have interests in Leapfrog but will not be the sole interest. That puts them in a conflict of interest situation in that any dilution of the interest of the existing shareholders of AIICO will benefit their own holdings in Leapfrog but will dilute their own existing share holdings in AIICO. They therefore have to execute a balancing act to optimize their own situation. Given that over the years, AIICO has deliberately understated it's profit to suppress it's share price and some of those profits are currently being reflected, the new shareholders should not be getting the proportion of the company indicated by the number of shares they currently hold. To explain this simply, the investment of the new shareholders that brought in their money in late December 2019 did not contribute to the profit of 2019 which is significant. As a matter of fact, the N3 billion from fair value on Treasury Certificates treated as other comprehensive income should be part of the pat because the related increase in insurance contract liabilities coming from the same lowering of interest rates have been deducted from the pat. Other insurance companies treat it this way. To this extent and to be fair to existing shareholders, the new investors should not only not participate in the dividends on the 2019 operations, the company should declare bonus issue consuming most of the 2019 comprehensive total profits to the old shareholders. I am encouraged by the fact that the old major shareholder is not the only new investor, so, they would want to protect their portion of the old interest which protects the old minority shareholders to some extent. However, I expect them to do some balancing act to enhance the value of their new investments which is still at a cost to the old minority shareholders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 10:31pm On May 07, 2020
dharpzee:
if u see 10kobo u go thank God

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:07am On May 08, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dupeodus: 7:33am On May 08, 2020
[quote author=Dupeodus post=89301347]

Now that we know the investors in the Private Placements, my view of AIICO has changed somewhat in favor of the company. I do believe that the current major owners, the Fajemirokuns have interests in Leapfrog but will not be the sole interest. That puts them in a conflict of interest situation in that any dilution of the interest of the existing shareholders of AIICO will benefit their own holdings in Leapfrog but will dilute their own existing share holdings in AIICO. They therefore have to execute a balancing act to optimize their own situation. Given that over the years, AIICO has deliberately understated it's profit to suppress it's share price and some of those profits are currently being reflected, the new shareholders should not be getting the proportion of the company indicated by the number of shares they currently hold. To explain this simply, the investment of the new shareholders that brought in their money in late December 2019 did not contribute to the profit of 2019 which is significant. As a matter of fact, the N3 billion from fair value on Treasury Certificates treated as other comprehensive income should be part of the pat because the related increase in insurance contract liabilities coming from the same lowering of interest rates have been deducted from the pat. Other insurance companies treat it this way. To this extent and to be fair to existing shareholders, the new investors should not only not participate in the dividends on the 2019 operations, the company should declare bonus issue consuming most of the 2019 comprehensive total profits to the old shareholders. I am encouraged by the fact that the old major shareholder is not the only new investor, so, they would want to protect their portion of the old interest which protects the old minority shareholders to some extent. However, I expect them to do some balancing act to enhance the value of their new investments which is still at a cost to the old minority shareholders.[/quote

I have to correct my posting above. The additional interest of the major shareholder in AIICO is not through an interest in Leapfrog. They actually made additional investment in the private placement through the same vehicle they were using before which is AIICO Bahamas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 7:42am On May 08, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 8:48am On May 08, 2020
dipoolowoo:
Morgan Capital Emerges Most Active Stockbroker in April
https://businesspost.ng/economy/morgan-capital-emerges-most-active-stockbroker-in-april/
Good one for Morgan capital. Almost 28M naira for a month is not bad as brokerage commission.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 8:53am On May 08, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 9:02am On May 08, 2020
Jejebabaa:

Stock brokerage is not that profitable. Imagine Morgan capital despite making 3rd best broker by volume and 9th top broker by value with total value of 750,720,603.74 naira. At 0.5% brokerage fee amounts to just 3.75M naira for the month. They better have other source of income and not only this brokerage thing.

I guess it's why meritrade is charging over double of Morgan's charge...... but ofcourse Morgan has an annual fee as well, though not much

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 9:03am On May 08, 2020
Jejebabaa:

Stock brokerage is not that profitable. Imagine Morgan capital despite making 3rd best broker by volume and 9th top broker by value with total value of 750,720,603.74 naira. At 0.5% brokerage fee amounts to just 3.75M naira for the month. They better have other source of income and not only this brokerage thing.

I thought 5.6billion was quoted for Morgan in the article
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 9:11am On May 08, 2020
rmx:

Yes, you are right boss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 9:12am On May 08, 2020
rmx:

Which over 28mila for d month... shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5643) (5644) (5645) (5646) (5647) (5648) (5649) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.