Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11126342 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5644) (5645) (5646) (5647) (5648) (5649) (5650) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:12am On May 08, 2020
Jejebabaa:

Stock brokerage is not that profitable. Imagine Morgan capital despite making 3rd best broker by volume and 9th top broker by value with total value of 750,720,603.74 naira. At 0.5% brokerage fee amounts to just 3.75M naira for the month. They better have other source of income and not only this brokerage thing.

Also, in the data from the NSE, it was revealed that last month, Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers was the best performing brokerage firm by the value of transactions it executed.

Shares worth N15.814 billion were bought and sold through the platform in April 2020,

Morgan Capital transacted N5.616 billion.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/morgan-capital-emerges-most-active-stockbroker-in-april/

Based on the report the value of transaction MORGAN CAPITAL did for the month of April was N5.6 billion and not N750m as you wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 9:14am On May 08, 2020
rmx:

I thought 5.6billion was quoted for Morgan in the article

Yes, you are right.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 9:16am On May 08, 2020
PETERiCHY:

Also, in the data from the NSE, it was revealed that last month, Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers was the best performing brokerage firm by the value of transactions it executed.

Shares worth N15.814 billion were bought and sold through the platform in April 2020,

Morgan Capital transacted N5.616 billion.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/morgan-capital-emerges-most-active-stockbroker-in-april/

Based on the report the value of transaction MORGAN CAPITAL did for the month of April was N5.6 billion and not N750m as you wrote.

My bad, i goofed. Thanks. You guys were right. That was for a week.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rmx: 9:20am On May 08, 2020
Jejebabaa:

This is the correct source http://www.nse.com.ng/dealing-members-site/Top%2010%20Broker%20Performance/April%202020/TOP%20TEN%20STOCKBROKERS%20FOR%20THE%20WEEK%20ENDED%2030-04-2020.pdf

Assuming this is for a week and the article was for a month transaction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:20am On May 08, 2020
Jejebabaa:

This is the correct source http://www.nse.com.ng/dealing-members-site/Top%2010%20Broker%20Performance/April%202020/TOP%20TEN%20STOCKBROKERS%20FOR%20THE%20WEEK%20ENDED%2030-04-2020.pdf

Baba Check well the date of what you post was were transaction made between April 27th and April 30th.2020 which equates to 4 trading days transaction.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 9:24am On May 08, 2020
PETERiCHY:

Baba Check well the date of what you post was were transaction made between April 27th and April 30th.2020 which equates to 4 trading days transaction.

I don check again boss, my eyes don dey dirty early Friday momo. Apologies for the error.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:38am On May 08, 2020
Jejebabaa:

I don check again boss, my eyes don dey dirty early Friday momo. Apologies for the error.

Over 28m on commission alone for April the month of lockdown

Baba don't you think it's high time you float one Stockbroking firm and create more jobs for your boys.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 9:58am On May 08, 2020
PETERiCHY:

Baba don't you think it's high time you float one Stockbroking firm and create more jobs for your boys.

Chei see money. What does it take to float a stockbroking house?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 10:06am On May 08, 2020
Dupeodus:

Now that we know the investors in the Private Placements, my view of AIICO has changed somewhat in favor of the company. I do believe that the current major owners, the Fajemirokuns have interests in Leapfrog but will not be the sole interest. That puts them in a conflict of interest situation in that any dilution of the interest of the existing shareholders of AIICO will benefit their own holdings in Leapfrog but will dilute their own existing share holdings in AIICO. They therefore have to execute a balancing act to optimize their own situation. Given that over the years, AIICO has deliberately understated it's profit to suppress it's share price and some of those profits are currently being reflected, the new shareholders should not be getting the proportion of the company indicated by the number of shares they currently hold. To explain this simply, the investment of the new shareholders that brought in their money in late December 2019 did not contribute to the profit of 2019 which is significant. As a matter of fact, the N3 billion from fair value on Treasury Certificates treated as other comprehensive income should be part of the pat because the related increase in insurance contract liabilities coming from the same lowering of interest rates have been deducted from the pat. Other insurance companies treat it this way. To this extent and to be fair to existing shareholders, the new investors should not only not participate in the dividends on the 2019 operations, the company should declare bonus issue consuming most of the 2019 comprehensive total profits to the old shareholders. I am encouraged by the fact that the old major shareholder is not the only new investor, so, they would want to protect their portion of the old interest which protects the old minority shareholders to some extent. However, I expect them to do some balancing act to enhance the value of their new investments which is still at a cost to the old minority shareholders.

Good points here. The company should be declaring a fat bonus to the old shareholders to balance this hug dilutive effect they've inflicted upon them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 10:06am On May 08, 2020
PETERiCHY:

U be my chairman now, na u fit do dat one now. Pls let me know once u float it so i can apply as maiguard.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lmm4real: 10:11am On May 08, 2020
Who would believe ETI will touch 5 before the anointed FBNH undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 10:13am On May 08, 2020
lmm4real:
Who would believe ETI will touch 5 before the anointed FBNH undecided

I believe ohhhh. I don dey mop am since ohhh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 10:21am On May 08, 2020
I believe something is fishy about ETI shares and what must that be �
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinkenneth: 11:31am On May 08, 2020
Dupeodus:

Now that we know the investors in the Private Placements, my view of AIICO has changed somewhat in favor of the company. I do believe that the current major owners, the Fajemirokuns have interests in Leapfrog but will not be the sole interest. That puts them in a conflict of interest situation in that any dilution of the interest of the existing shareholders of AIICO will benefit their own holdings in Leapfrog but will dilute their own existing share holdings in AIICO. They therefore have to execute a balancing act to optimize their own situation. Given that over the years, AIICO has deliberately understated it's profit to suppress it's share price and some of those profits are currently being reflected, the new shareholders should not be getting the proportion of the company indicated by the number of shares they currently hold. To explain this simply, the investment of the new shareholders that brought in their money in late December 2019 did not contribute to the profit of 2019 which is significant. As a matter of fact, the N3 billion from fair value on Treasury Certificates treated as other comprehensive income should be part of the pat because the related increase in insurance contract liabilities coming from the same lowering of interest rates have been deducted from the pat. Other insurance companies treat it this way. To this extent and to be fair to existing shareholders, the new investors should not only not participate in the dividends on the 2019 operations, the company should declare bonus issue consuming most of the 2019 comprehensive total profits to the old shareholders. I am encouraged by the fact that the old major shareholder is not the only new investor, so, they would want to protect their portion of the old interest which protects the old minority shareholders to some extent. However, I expect them to do some balancing act to enhance the value of their new investments which is still at a cost to the old minority shareholders.

Please have you had a look at recent results of Mutual Benefits? There seems to be some action there recently.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:32am On May 08, 2020
Regarding to Morgan Capital, I can view the site on my mobile but can't execute trades. Has anybody been able to implement double click on their mobile phone?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 11:59am On May 08, 2020
Market methodology changed from the usual to shake and disorientate weak hands. Very interesting indeed, good times ahead!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lmm4real: 12:12pm On May 08, 2020
ositadima1:
Regarding to Morgan Capital, I can view the site on my mobile but can't execute trades. Has anybody been able to implement double click on their mobile phone?

I don't understand your post, but I am using a mobile phone and have been able to do a lot on the platform today. Working fine from this end.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2020
osheeey , Janitor. Send us small money make we follow you mop na, this mopping work too much for you alone, im a helper grin

daddymgg:

I believe ohhhh. I don dey mop am since ohhh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 12:37pm On May 08, 2020
jideflash:
osheeey , Janitor. Send us small money make we follow you mop na, this mopping work too much for you alone, im a helper grin

Oga Jide. How is our Caverton na. Hope the result and dividend will make sense. You are already an insider O.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 12:41pm On May 08, 2020
cool
make i go consult with the oracles. but i can i assure, so far, there is nothing to fear in the result. na the dividends we never know.

PharmAlfred:

Oga Jide. How is our Caverton na. Hope the result and dividend will make sense. You are already an insider O.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:47pm On May 08, 2020
FBNH will soon start it's cross deals by 2.20pm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2020
we the monitoring spirits of closing hour trades, will be there to look into their destiny/destination
Princkez:
FBNH will soon start it's cross deals by 2.20pm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:58pm On May 08, 2020
jideflash:
we the monitoring spirits of closing hour trades, will be there to look into their destiny/destination
pls do you have any information on the sales of their insurance company and is there any possibility of special dividends from the sales
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 1:02pm On May 08, 2020
Hey guys how much do you have to have in your trading account to have a chat with your broker to reduce your charges... I use Afrinvest and I just realized how exorbitant their fees are... they charge 1.35% and I’m thinking of taking with them first and if they don’t budge I’ll move over to MorganCapital... I just want to see if they can reduce it for me say to 1% so I don’t have to deal with the stress of migrating and moving my shares then gradually I can think of moving to MorganCapital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:03pm On May 08, 2020
lmm4real:

I don't understand your post, but I am using a mobile phone and have been able to do a lot on the platform today. Working fine from this end.

Ok, for example, on the market view tab, on my laptop I normally double click on any symbol to view bid and offer quantities for that symbol. I have tried to bring out same on my mobile phone without success.

Can you that on yours? How do you do it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 1:03pm On May 08, 2020
ositadima1:

Which mobile browser are u using?... Try Google Chrome.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:05pm On May 08, 2020
gabscity:

Which mobile browser are u using?... Try Google Chrome.

Ok, for example, on the market view tab, on my laptop I normally double click on any symbol to view bid and offer quantities for that symbol. I have tried to bring out same on my mobile phone without success.

Can you do that on yours? How do you do it.

Note, I have chrome, puffin, Mozills, UC, and opera.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:07pm On May 08, 2020
for meristem, its from 10m

ebuka1997:
Hey guys how much do you have to have in your trading account to have a chat with your broker to reduce your charges... I use Afrinvest and I just realized how exorbitant their fees are... they charge 1.35% and I’m thinking of taking with them first and if they don’t budge I’ll move over to MorganCapital... I just want to see if they can reduce it for me say to 1% so I don’t have to deal with the stress of migrating and moving my shares then gradually I can think of moving to MorganCapital
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2020
ebuka1997:

I sold some shares today for the very first time (UACN, just above break-even angry sad , my little jijo funds was trapped for nearly one week and prices were heading south).

My observations are 0.91% for buying and 1.26% for selling. I use Morgan Capital.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2020
na my senior ogas for here go sabi that one o, my tentacles havent reached the FBNH insider circle yet. but to me, fbnh is good buy, they are growing strongly, and the impairment charges that was dragging their profit all this years, is quite reasonable now. they also have a solid FX reserve. I no fear to load this one.

NB; Apply Due Diligence

Princkez:
pls do you have any information on the sales of their insurance company and is there any possibility of special dividends from the sales
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 1:14pm On May 08, 2020
jideflash:
for meristem, its from 10m

Unless they reduced it, it's from 20m.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:18pm On May 08, 2020
oops, my bad. posted it here before

jideflash:
i have enjoyed trading with meritrade since 2013. Great customer service. But my issue with them is their charges, Too High. cry
after asking them for commission review, below is their BROKERAGE COMMISSION CONCESSION sent;

TURNOVER COMMISSION
5,000,000 –19,999,999 1.35%
20,000,000 – 99,999,999 1.00%
100,000,000 – 199,999,999 0.80%
200,000,000 – 299,999,999 0.60%
300,000,000 – 399,999,999 0.50%
400,000,000 – 499,999,999 0.40%
500,000,000 AND ABOVE 0.35%

I may have to port, which platform is reliable with the best rates?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5644) (5645) (5646) (5647) (5648) (5649) (5650) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: perfectgen(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.