Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,757 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:03 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11149015 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (7856) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pdozie: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2015
Moneysage:
(Sorry NSEMPA for this LONG dialogue)

@pdozie: I'm afraid you're getting this a bit twisted.

Now, permit me to reiterate what oga kotlass earlier explained:

If you want to place a BUY order for ANY stock using the STOP LIMIT, you MUST place your PRICE LIMIT above the STOP price. E.g. X is trading at 2.5 and you want to BUY, your STOP PRICE could be 2.51 or 2.6 and your PRICE LIMIT could be 2.9(i.e you don't wanna buy that stock for more than 2.9)

If you want to place a SELL order for ANY stock using the STOP LIMIT, you MUST place your PRICE LIMIT below the STOP price. E.g. X is trading at 2.5 and you want to SELL, your STOP PRICE could be 2.45 or 2.40 and your PRICE LIMIT could be 2.35(i.e you don't wanna sell that stock for less than 2.35)

If memory serves me right, the position of Meritrade when we discussed this issue last is that: On the Meritrade platform, you would see 3 different types of orders (LIMIT, MARKET, STOP LIMIT). The LIMIT order was advised to be used.

Hence, if you're traveling and won't be able to monitor your portfolio, just set a LIMIT order (for BUY or SELL). E.G the limit prices of stock X above. That means you don't want Meritrade to BUY above that price nor SELL below that price. Shikena

Please, @pdozie, DELETE ABSOLUTELY the second to the last paragraph of your last post. None of kotlass, Moneysage or stockbull implied the lines of your thought.

Regards.

Dear kotlass, Moneysage & stockbull, my apologies for misrepresenting your thoughts.

@Moneysage, the Bolded actually addresses my concerns. I will stick with the LIMIT order.

I appreciate you all

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2015
myjoy08:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/8731_LAFARGE_WAPCO_AUDITED_DEC_2014_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2015.pdf

Proposed Dividend N3.50k
Proposed Bonus Nil
Qualification Date 24th April 2015
Closure Date 27th April – 1st May, 2015
AGM Date 22nd May, 2015

over valued stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 10:52am On Mar 13, 2015
pdozie:

Dear kotlass, Moneysage & stockbull, my apologies for misrepresenting your thoughts.

@Moneysage, the Bolded actually addresses my concerns. I will stick with the LIMIT order.

I appreciate you all

Cheers
just as I've said,your meritrade broker only inputs your limit price and note,most of the time,the stock is bought at exact "the limit price" unless the stock is very bearish and trades well below the limit price almost through out the trading session.although that's not the ideal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 11:03am On Mar 13, 2015
Market is holding out to hear dividend payout on Ubcap. Stock is resisting movement.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 11:32am On Mar 13, 2015
myjoy08:
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/8731_LAFARGE_WAPCO_AUDITED_DEC_2014_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2015.pdf

Proposed Dividend N3.50k
Proposed Bonus Nil
Qualification Date 24th April 2015
Closure Date 27th April – 1st May, 2015
AGM Date 22nd May, 2015

This stock is the biggest flop in terms of recent result. I just checked the result and i can see that revenue dropped by 0.1%, PBT dropped by -35%, PAT dropped by a whopping -43.1% while its EPS dropped by -45%.

I expect it to be trading between N60-N70 highest. Only a good Q1 2015 result can save it from further drop in price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 11:47am On Mar 13, 2015
Born2berich:

This stock is the biggest flop in terms of recent result. I just checked the result and i can see that revenue dropped by 0.1%, PBT dropped by -35%, PAT dropped by a whopping -43.1% while its EPS dropped by -45%.

I expect it to be trading between N60-N70 highest. Only a good Q1 2015 result can save it from further drop in price.
@bolded, if the factors that triggered the decline of their FY'14 results still persists, there won't be a good Q1 at all!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by alexo68(m): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2015
megainvest:
alexo68
It depends on who your broker is. Some are reliable and some are not.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
davide470:
@bolded, if the factors that triggered the decline of their FY'14 results still persists, there won't be a good Q1 at all!

NSE was right in removing WAPCO from the list of 10 000unit Market Trade Equities..it will definitely take a while for them to attain such feat again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
my parked car- iei is currently 54kobo. It is now warming engine.
Anyway, make i see wt is brewing . if it reparks its good cos i know it will warm.engine again next year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
@ChibuEZE show ya face; your time has come

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
Agbalowomeri:
interesting, what goes up must surely come down (in addition "it will come down and rest before moving up again"wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
Anyway I miss the bull, but am not bothered because prevention is better than cure.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by spicytayomic(m): 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Oga Chibok be like Noah for Bible
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
Next week hehe.

Come next week, guys will tear race.

Get ready people.

Hail JIJO masters in the house, c'mon we can do this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by doublesugar: 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
i just stumbled on this trend, and i think i should go back to stock exchange again after what happened to me in 2008/2009. embarassed
Kindly advise me on stocks to buy now with 300k. i also want to be buying and selling the stocks instead of just keeping
them forever. i want to be using my quarterly allowance for this project. Can someone help me out on what to look out for?. I prefer financial institution stocks or any other stocks that you think is viable

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 5:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
MilikiAgent:
And Access with 35k final div

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/8747_ACCESS_BANK_PLC_2014_AUDITED_ACCTS_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2015.pdf

not bad result

only dividend too small. anyway dey need money sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
This Access Bank result get as e be...........With their level and all the money they are charging their customers,they still declare below 1.00Naira dividend..........How are we even sure they are not manipulating the result just to shortchange the shareholders?..........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
@myjoy08 what do u advise on access result..buy or no buy? don't worry I will do my due diligence
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 6:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dragonking:
@myjoy08 what do u advise on access result..buy or no buy? don't worry I will do my due diligence

you think myjoy08 will tell you not to buy,,,,,,even if the result worse myjoy will ask you to buy vice versa Chibukkinggrin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dragonking:

Sir, there are many banking stocks out there that will surely outperformed (both in dividends yield and capital appreciation) Access Bank stock. Take some look at UBA, Diamond, Skye, and FCMB. And do your assignment. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
doublesugar:
i just stumbled on this trend, and i think i should go back to stock exchange again after what happened to me in 2008/2009. embarassed
Kindly advise me on stocks to buy now with 300k. i also want to be buying and selling the stocks instead of just keeping
them forever. i want to be using my quarterly allowance for this project. Can someone help me out on what to look out for?. I prefer financial institution stocks or any other stocks that you think is viable

you enter almost at the right time but it remain just small, my advise to you is to hold on for little time, immediately after election you can start with level playing ground, a lot of good stock will be available at cheaper rate, Jijo level will be good and more sweeter, though some people made money during this period ( but I stay off because prevention is better than cure). Starting from next week/upper week profit takers will enter market, and that alone will force the market down. The truth is that many will exit the market within this remain two weeks before election due to fear of unknown, market will be down and will start looking for the buyers, that will be the right time to buy both for long time investors and short time jijo masters.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kevostica(m): 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
Chibuking81:
you enter almost at the right time but it remain just small, my advise to you is to hold on for little time, immediately after election you can start with level playing ground, a lot of good stock will be available at cheaper rate, Jijo level will be good and more sweeter, though some people made money during this period ( but I stay off because prevention is better than cure). Starting from next week/upper week profit takers will enter market, and that alone will force the market down. The truth is that many will exit the market within this remain two weeks before election due to fear of unknown, market will be down and will start looking for the buyers, that will be the right time to buy both for long time investors and short time jijo masters.
Do u advocate we buy wk b4 or wk after election?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
mercylicious:
my parked car- iei is currently 54kobo. It is now warming engine.
Anyway, make i see wt is brewing . if it reparks its good cos i know it will warm.engine again next year.
See page 3 of todays Vanguard
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2015
Kevostica:

Do u advocate we buy wk b4 or wk after election?
Chibuking has said, and lt is true, that people will exit market for fear of the unknown. So when each individual drops his fear of the unknown, or when the unknown becomes known to each individual, then he can start buying again. I don't think Chibu has any other formular to spoonfeed us on that. So, off we go on Chibuking's jijo holiday, as we shut down our jijo machines and pick up our PVCs . grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
Access Bank has supassed it's self in corporate gymnastics. How can you be in the market looking for money and sharing money all at the same time? Abeg, the dividend is welcome o. I understand their dilemma. With 8b new shares to be created for the Rights, there is no room for bonus.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 5:17am On Mar 14, 2015
Dragonking:

The total dividend is N0.60k

Is the whole 60k dividend available for those who buy now or has part been paid already and what is the dividend ex date?

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (7856) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: presiade(m), 2zona(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.