Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11115995 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
natruetalk:

will be surprise if transcorp pay any juicy dividend as pple expect lipsrsealed

As long as the price moves up, no wahala. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
natruetalk:

will be surprise if transcorp pay any juicy dividend as pple expect lipsrsealed

The juice attached to the stock, called, TRANSCORP is more than just being paying juicy dividend. Get that code sir grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
Elai147:

The bold is actually not true (in all cases). We need to properly understand dividend dates so as not to miss out on dividend after purchasing a stock for dividend purpose. I noticed that in Naija, the date of closure is assumed to be the ex-dividend date by most coys. Ex-dividend date is actually the date on or after which a stock trades ex-dividend (without dividend). In the NSE, this date is rarely indicated in coys financial reports. Only few (sincere) companies will mention it clearly in their reports. If you're buying a stock for dividend purpose you must put settlement date into consideration (the date on which the transaction gets completed). Remember if you buy a stock, the T+3 trading rule says you must allow 3 business days for the transaction to be finalized (this is when you become the official owner of the stock). The bottom line is, if the closure date is 30th, you have to buy the stock on or before 27th to officially qualify for dividends. However, some companies may allow investors who bought a day or two before the closure date to qualify (but this must be clearly stated in their reports). It is better to use dates in the company's report to check for divided qualification. Some of the dates published on NSE website are misleading. Companies that want to be transparent will use a date range as closure date to be published on the NSE website (e.g 1st – 5th). This is my own understanding of dividend dates.

Case in point of a situation where you can buy before the closure date (published on the NSE website) and still not get dividend: an extract from Nestle's Corporate action:

"The final dividend per share is payable on the issued share capital of 792,656,252 (2013:792,656,252) ordinary shares of 50k each held by each member of the Company registered in the books as at close of business on Friday, 24 April 2015".
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/8595_NESTLE_NIG_2015_CORPORATE_ACTION_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRUARY_2015.pdf

...meanwhile the published closure date on NSE website is 27th April 2015. An investor who buys the stock on 25th, 26th or 27th will be inelligible for dividend.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
myjoy08:

The juice attached to the stock, called, TRANSCORP is more than just being paying juicy dividend. Get that code sir grin

yeah bro, price will go up, even "NOT A TRANSCORP STOCK" will rise. just a caution for those buying on d expectation of good dividend to avoid disappointment when d report release.

what is d OS of d stock self. hmmm 38.721b grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LondonCool(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
I was able to mop up FBNH in tranches today, the remainder will be executed after Easter break.

Let's see how far this moving train will go. FBN has never failed to pay dividends for the past 16 years.

Once confidence has fully returned to the market the price will gradually creep up. The result will be released once the price has risen to a level that can be easily absorbed by the dividend adjustment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deeonepy1(m): 4:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
Being reading this thread for a while now, nice one guys. keep it up!!!!
Guess the market is just reacting to the elections results, don't know how sustainable the present bull is.
Lets keep our fingers crossed

Smart money on Dangcem
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Born2berich:

Once it is green and shows filled it is successful
Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tolakay: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
Good day pple. pls i will like to know how to go about buying preference shares of coys.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
Is very hard now to decide on which stocks to buy.................
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Rooneyboy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
shinaboy:

Morgan iTrade is present wherever there is internet grin grin grin. You just need to set up an account with them at www.morgancapital.com

Sure bro, I know "itrade" is their online platform, I actually meant their physical address , and he understood my question and provided the answer I needed , thank u all the same .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hello all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Rooneyboy(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chibuking81:
their head office is in Lagos, if you open account with them, you can transact business with them anywhere, even in your bedroom, even inside the pit, for now they are the best.

Thanks man !

Much appreciation !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chibuking81:
their head office is in Lagos, if you open account with them, you can transact business with them anywhere, even in your bedroom, even inside the pit, for now they are the best.
is it only in lagos. do they have office in any of this state, oyo,edo,imo,anambra, e.t.c? .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
ihedioramma:
is it only in lagos. do they have office in any of this state, oyo,edo,imo,anambra, e.t.c? .
www.morgancapitalgroup.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sokijosh: 12:39am On Apr 03, 2015
@all, where you see risks, i see opportunity
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 4:47am On Apr 03, 2015
I want my dividend pd directly into my bnk acct, what do i do?. Fcmb and fidelity, i use morgan?. Bros myjoy help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2015
edwardaigb:
I want my dividend pd directly into my bnk acct, what do i do?. Fcmb and fidelity, i use morgan?. Bros myjoy help.

If you have bought from floor of the exchange (you didnt buy in an IPO), go to your stock broker and have them send your signature specimen to the registrar of the company you bought stocks from. After that has been done, go to the registrar and fill out an e-dividend warrant form. That will be all.

The registrars unfortunately, are not guided by the same requirements...some may ask you to bring a bank confirmation, others will only request for bank confirmation when your signature on the e-dividend form does not match the one your stock broker submitted to them. Bank confirmations are around 2,000 in FBN, i dont know about other banks. However, do not get a bank confirmation until you have been to the registrars to know their requirements.

Finally, some registrars have their e-dividend form on their website, print a copy, fill it, have your bank sign and stamp if required (this is free). Then visit your registrars office and submit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 7:23am On Apr 03, 2015
Wic kind bull b dis? See stock wher i want enta @2.87 nw 3.59
Oh o o o o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 8:52am On Apr 03, 2015
Make we trade today na, this bull is too sweet for someone to be missing in action grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 03, 2015
edwardaigb:

Sir, I will advise to contact their respective registrar as stated by Oga Carpenter, they will surely guide you on what you will need. Their address and phone number are listed below:

FCMB

City Securities Registrars Limited
Primrose Tower
2nf Floor, 17A Tinubu Street, P O BOX 9117,
Lagos State, Nigeria.
01-2665944-53
01-2641298, 7924462

Fidelity

First Registrars Nigeria Limited
Plot 2, Abebe Village Road
Iganmu
P. M. B. 12692,
Lagos
Tel: 234-1-2799880, 2701078, 2701079
Fax: 234-1-2701071, 2701072
E-mail:- info@firstregistrarsnigeria.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2015
Capenter and myjoy, tanks and God bless
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 9:34am On Apr 03, 2015
Is 2day public holiday?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 9:37am On Apr 03, 2015
Moni i paid yestday is yet 2 b creditd 2 ma acct. Calld yestday n morgan said dey avnt gottn alert yet. Wat is wrong wit zenith bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 9:38am On Apr 03, 2015
Moni i paid yestday is yet 2 b creditd 2 ma acct. Calld yestday n morgan said dey avnt gottn alert yet. Wat is wrong wit zenith ban
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 9:43am On Apr 03, 2015
myjoy08:

Sir, I will advise to contact their respective registrar as stated by Oga Carpenter, they will surely guide you on what you will need. Their address and phone number are listed below:

FCMB

City Securities Registrars Limited
Primrose Tower
2nf Floor, 17A Tinubu Street, P O BOX 9117,
Lagos State, Nigeria.
01-2665944-53
01-2641298, 7924462

Fidelity

First Registrars Nigeria Limited
Plot 2, Abebe Village Road
Iganmu
P. M. B. 12692,
Lagos
Tel: 234-1-2799880, 2701078, 2701079
Fax: 234-1-2701071, 2701072
E-mail:- info@firstregistrarsnigeria.com

To add to the information above

1. First Registrars asked me for bank confirmation. I was there in January this year

2. City Securites is now Cardinal Security Registrars, I was there in january also...i think they close around 3pm or so

358, Herbert Macauley Way, Yaba, Lagos (close to Saint Dominic Catholic Church)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 10:02am On Apr 03, 2015
Stock market tip: You can use some free online tools to analyse and study stocks (almost realtime). Check out ft.com, bloomberg.com, 4-traders.com etc. I have found them very useful. JIJO masters in the house, which ones do you use or are there any others you know?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2015
Jesus Christ, crucified on Good Friday,
Took our sins and sorrows away;
By His sacrifice upon the Tree,
Healed our diseases and set us free.

(With all respect to our religious diversity)

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
jp130:
Moni i paid yestday is yet 2 b creditd 2 ma acct. Calld yestday n morgan said dey avnt gottn alert yet. Wat is wrong wit zenith ban

Has the bank deducted the money from your account? If they have send Morgan the confirmation receipt. I will advice you not to be worried until Monday then mail the bank or call their 24/7 customer care.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bloomberg.com and Ft.com are quite useful and kind of complement each other. I will check out 4-traders.com.

Thank you so much for your insightful posts, tips and guides.

megainvest:
Stock market tip: You can use some free online tools to analyse and study stocks (almost realtime). Check out ft.com, bloomberg.com, 4-traders.com etc. I have found them very useful. JIJO masters in the house, which ones do you use or are there any others you know?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
LondonCool:
I was able to mop up FBNH in tranches today, the remainder will be executed after Easter break.

Let's see how far this moving train will go. FBN has never failed to pay dividends for the past 16 years.

Once confidence has fully returned to the market the price will gradually creep up. The result will be released once the price has risen to a level that can be easily absorbed by the dividend adjustment.
when is their AGM coming up?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
when is their AGM coming up?
Born2berich:

Ok. Thank you myjoy

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nosa2(m), UncleBone, Mfunkynation(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.