Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11126474 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
Krisuba:
j

Was just lamenting d paltryness of d divident.or what do they call it kweli kwili abi na guru.dat thing aboki d sale dis dividend no reach buy am nah. One customer bank !!!
OK.But come on with me,can any distinguished gentleman or lady foresee fidelity bank paying 18kobo dividend when the likes of overhyped uba, stingy diamond and iranu sterling banks couldn't pay less than 10kobo and 6kobo respectively.Then how logically could it be established that a bank that couldn't paid more than 16kobo in 2013 despite some sort of boom and breathing space then, can now paid 18kobo for 2014,a severe year of unease for banking sector.That's to still affirm that the yearly performance of each banking brand name is beyond logicity. its akin to gambling! its quite difficult most times to correctly predict what the deliverables would be for investors especially jijo smart traders like us.I. wish to. learn at the feet of some veterans traders here.What bring about the good unexpected performance on gtb.zenith.fidelity and why the failure in terms of performance for banks like uba in particular despite good result declared either cooked or real. For diamond, i understand they don't have sth called "reward for their shareholders in their own encyclopedia" but still paying a demeaning 10kobo is too nefarious from them. And for sterling,inspite of all money raised which i have not seen meaningful objective the money had been used for, and yet could not afford to pay at worst 12/15kobo with 33kobo made in third quarter while i predicted that they could made between 39/42kobo for year end which came validated. But i was surprised to heard 6kobo being declared, out of a prudent expectation of 12 to 15kobo dividend. That shows Sterling is really demented!
So in that vein,i am afraid of buying fbnh now cos anything could be declared.Because till now,i couldn't just imagine that uba paid 10kobo dividend & sterling paid 6kobo. so people you berra be realistic about these gambling banking stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
I agree with you in all sense especially that useless UBA which I am buying these days just for JIJO and never as a long term portfolio investment......But please don't bring FBNH down to the midst of these crook banks because they always give best to their shareholders both in boom and doom time.....From press releases that I have read concerning FBNH,they always quote something like buying their stock is like a fixed income securities and apart from capital appreciation you will get 10% return through dividend and looking through my experience with FBNH as a stock,I don't have any fear........UBA always look for excuse to deny investors good dividend payout and the meltdown really helped them a lot to achieve that..........

immanuello:
OK.But come on with me,can any distinguished gentleman or lady foresee fidelity bank paying 18kobo dividend when the likes of overhyped uba, stingy diamond and iranu sterling banks couldn't pay less than 10kobo and 6kobo respectively.Then how logically could it be established that a bank that couldn't paid more than 16kobo in 2013 despite some sort of boom and breathing space then, can now paid 18kobo for 2014,a severe year of unease for banking sector.That's to still affirm that the yearly performance of each banking brand name is beyond logicity. its akin to gambling! its quite difficult most times to correctly predict what the deliverables would be for investors especially jijo smart traders like us.I. wish to. learn at the feet of some veterans traders here.What bring about the good unexpected performance on gtb.zenith.fidelity and why the failure in terms of performance for banks like uba in particular despite good result declared either cooked or real. For diamond, i understand they don't have sth called "reward for their shareholders in their own encyclopedia" but still paying a demeaning 10kobo is too nefarious from them. And for sterling,inspite of all money raised which i have not seen meaningful objective the money had been used for, and yet could not afford to pay at worst 12/15kobo with 33kobo made in third quarter while i predicted that they could made between 39/42kobo for year end which came validated. But i was surprised to heard 6kobo being declared, out of a prudent expectation of 12 to 15kobo dividend. That shows Sterling is really demented!
So in that vein,i am afraid of buying fbnh now cos anything could be declared.Because till now,i couldn't just imagine that uba paid 10kobo dividend & sterling paid 6kobo. so people you berra be realistic about these gambling banking stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
chibuking and myjoy08 how were you sir,happy defining moments.please shrug off any criticism from orubebeosis carrier and remain calm and undisturbed in giving us an idea on what tomorrow holds based on trading minset or market sentiment for the following trading list stocks ubcap, transcorp,eternal,fidson, vitafoam, access,uba, fo, oando,gtb, zenith, fidelity, skyebank, fcmb, eti, wema, livestock, nem, custodian,afriprudential. Thank you and i will honoured if you can help us here, nobody is a monopoly of insights or knowledge.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
@angelo82
well i think you are a lady so as not to say sth like..... to same gender.I will say i love ur response and you.
well not only you alone did sight that piece appearing like a function call inside fbnh function ( motto/mantra) from fbnh but who knows who Though to be objective fbnh had had a good culture of rewarding stakeholders even in 2009 when there appears there was nothing to pay dividend for, they still paid sth like10kobo.Well fbnh is not so demented and pilfering like uba mgt is,but atleast the class of "THE BANKING BENCHMARKS" fbnh has often tried to be next to them, so let be hopeful based on fbnh pedigree or performance indices interms of rewarding their stakeholders that atleast 60kobo could be paid. Anything like 45kobo from fbnh will be too disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! while anything like 90kobo frm fbnh means fbnh will surely get to 12/13/14 naira.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 6:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
@Immanuello,Very funny.....Thats my own way of separating my sentences on nairaland and it seems I learned it on Nairaland too but I am not a lady.......I am a fucking straight man.......Dont read meaning to my.......So back to topic,I am certain that FBNH will pay 1.00naira and nothing less......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
immanuello:
chibuking and myjoy08 how were you sir,happy defining moments.please shrug off any criticism from orubebeosis carrier and remain calm and undisturbed in giving us an idea on what tomorrow holds based on trading minset or market sentiment for the following trading list stocks ubcap, transcorp,eternal,fidson, vitafoam, access,uba, fo, oando,gtb, zenith, fidelity, skyebank, fcmb, eti, wema, livestock, nem, custodian,afriprudential. Thank you and i will honoured if you can help us here, nobody is a monopoly of insights or knowledge.

Sir, choose 4 or 5 stocks u re interested in? Then we can both choose those ones according to market priorities sentiment. Have a bullish trading weeks ahead!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hajeeyah:
Pls help me out as i'm new here.What stocks is the best to buy with #150,000.

What's your investment horizon?

Many play the Stock Market as baba ijebu. I won't encourage that. Stock picks that can pass as durable are those made based on long term forecasts backed up by strong fundamentals.

And that is why among the banks, discounting the bull that will likely lift prices across board, I am looking at Diamond Bank. Their low dividend payout implies more retained earnings which will be available for their operations and (all things being equal), translate to more profit. I could have said the same for UBA but they're too inconsistent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
It's. Obvious transcorp will get to #4 hving break the #3.5 level what is remaining is will it be this week? As for fbnh. Looking @ #12 in short term while #15 in longterm my opinion! Patience rules!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
It seems FBNH will move closer to 12Naira before handover date.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mrikay: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
Krisuba:
j

Was just lamenting d paltryness of d divident.or what do they call it kweli kwili abi na guru.dat thing aboki d sale dis divident no reach buy am nah. One customer bank !!!

you are lucky that Sterling bank even gave you anything sef.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
myjoy08:

Sir, choose 4 or 5 stocks u re interested in? Then we can both choose those ones according to market priorities sentiment. Have a bullish trading weeks ahead!
Thank you sir for obliging...
The five stocks which i am currently looking into because they still can give a better entry than those who have soared too high and could be too dangerous to buy now . sir,let look at eternal, fidson, skyebank, ubcap, transcorp. let the talking starts, Thanks sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
myjoy08:

The five stocks which i am currently looking into because they still can give a better entry than those who have soared too high. sir,let look at eternal, fidson, skyebank, ubcap, transcorp. let the talking starts, Thanks sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
immanuello:
The five stocks which i am currently looking into because they still can give a better entry than those who have soared too high. sir,let look at eternal, fidson, skyebank, ubcap, transcorp. let the talking starts, Thanks sir.

Sir, your picks are very good. I will choose this to replace some based on my own opinion and due diligence:
UBA
FIDSON
SKYEBANK/FBNH
FLOURMILL
TRANSCORP
ACCESS

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
@myjoy08

yes......i liked ur selection.
UBA****for uba(corporate pilferer=input()
corporate pilferer =Boardroom mafians ) always hiding under a pretext to rub investors, cant u see jim ovia of zenith, they didnt steal from us like u idiot corporate thieving bank do.Their cooked result shows positivity the defunct oceanic bank style but.....well it paid a paltry.For first quarter result, we want to believed it may be positive. Maybe that can justify those fpi buying it now at a higher price now. I guess just mere sentiment can push this stock to #6/#6.50 b4 may 29.Sir myjoy08 over to you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
@all banking stocks, let dissect Diamond bank 2014 result and see how they fared in 2014.To me this is a poor result.

Start a logic analysis!!

2014 FY: Diamond Bank records 12.5% pre-tax profit decline
Diamond Bank Plc has reported 12.5 per cent pre-tax profit decline for the financial year (FY) ended December 31, 2014.According to the result issued by the bank, pre-tax profit recorded a drop of 12.5 per cent from N32.1 billion in 2013 to N28.1 billion the review period of 2014. Similarly, the lender disclosed the Return On Average Equity (ROAE) declined from 23.1 per cent in 2013 to 14.7 per cent in 2014. Return On Average Asset (ROAA) followed the same trend from 2.1 per cent in 2013 to 1.5 per cent achievedin the year ended December 31, 2014.However, gross earnings increased by 15 per cent from N181.2 billion for the year ended December 31, 2013 to N208.4 billion in 2014, driven by efficient growth in the volume of business represented by increase in loan book, and investment securities following the impressive growth in customer deposits.Consequently, the group achieved an improvement of 9.6 per cent in net operating income from N116.3 billion in 2013 to N127.4 billion for the year ended December 31, 2014.Also in the year under review, group loan to customers recorded a growth of 14.8 per cent from N689 billion as of December 31, 2013 to N791 billion at the end of the 2014 financial year.The group recorded a growth of 27.3 per cent in total assets from N1.52 trillion recorded in the year ended December 31, 2013 to N1.93 trillion for the year ended December 31, 2014.The growth was driven by a 23.8 per cent growth in deposit liabilities year-on-year, demonstrating the bank’s strong ability to generate cheap deposits from the retail and middle market segments. Deposit from customers grew from N1.21 billion in 2013 to N1.49 billion as at December 31, 2014.Speaking on the results, the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mr Uzoma Dozie, stated that, “We at Diamond Bank are pleased to announce continued success in implementing our strategy across the group, following another year of strong top line growth and an asset base that grew from N1.5 trillion to N1.9 trillion in 12 months.”
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
Immanuelo on d loose again.
@the banks, u see wet in una cause?

@immanuelo, I go like to see you woo woman. U go speak turenchi sotey .
Anytime lecturer wants to ease tension in the class with a comic relief, he will just ask u question cos ur turenchi will make the class to laugh for sure. Try to take am easy oooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Diamond bank just reduced their staff cost by laying off some staff. I heard its over 400 staff but it was mostly d big shots that were affected; regional managers, GMs etc. They were called on phone and advised to resign within 24hours.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
mercylicious:
Diamond bank just reduced their staff cost by laying off some staff. I heard its over 400 staff but it was mostly d big shots that were affected; regional managers, GMs etc. They were called on phone and advised to resign within 24hours.
My dear hispylicious sweetie, thank you for contributing to this and thanks for giving a raw fact from the field /boardroom. Happy Easter hispy sweerie, lols!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
mercylicious:
Immanuelo on d loose again.
@the banks, u see wet in una cause
please what do u mean by this statement, make it so clearer to me,you know i am always curious dear sister,thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
immanuello:
@all banking stocks, let dissect Diamond bank 2014 result and see how they fared in 2014.To me this is a poor result.

Start a logic analysis!!

2014 FY: Diamond Bank records 12.5% pre-tax profit decline
Diamond Bank Plc has reported 12.5 per cent pre-tax profit decline for the financial year (FY) ended December 31, 2014.According to the result issued by the bank, pre-tax profit recorded a drop of 12.5 per cent from N32.1 billion in 2013 to N28.1 billion the review period of 2014. Similarly, the lender disclosed the Return On Average Equity (ROAE) declined from 23.1 per cent in 2013 to 14.7 per cent in 2014. Return On Average Asset (ROAA) followed the same trend from 2.1 per cent in 2013 to 1.5 per cent achievedin the year ended December 31, 2014.However, gross earnings increased by 15 per cent from N181.2 billion for the year ended December 31, 2013 to N208.4 billion in 2014, driven by efficient growth in the volume of business represented by increase in loan book, and investment securities following the impressive growth in customer deposits.Consequently, the group achieved an improvement of 9.6 per cent in net operating income from N116.3 billion in 2013 to N127.4 billion for the year ended December 31, 2014.Also in the year under review, group loan to customers recorded a growth of 14.8 per cent from N689 billion as of December 31, 2013 to N791 billion at the end of the 2014 financial year.The group recorded a growth of 27.3 per cent in total assets from N1.52 trillion recorded in the year ended December 31, 2013 to N1.93 trillion for the year ended December 31, 2014.The growth was driven by a 23.8 per cent growth in deposit liabilities year-on-year, demonstrating the bank’s strong ability to generate cheap deposits from the retail and middle market segments. Deposit from customers grew from N1.21 billion in 2013 to N1.49 billion as at December 31, 2014.Speaking on the results, the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mr Uzoma Dozie, stated that, “We at Diamond Bank are pleased to announce continued success in implementing our strategy across the group, following another year of strong top line growth and an asset base that grew from N1.5 trillion to N1.9 trillion in 12 months.”
despite being the leader of tier 2 banks,who so much has much intake of cheap funds thru their midtier segment and robust retail arm which is first in d country even fbnh come second to that though i stand to be corrected.so with cheap cost of funds as shows here that the deposits collection was quite good though fair to me.Roae dropped from 23.1% to 14.7% while roa dropped from 2.1% to miserly 1.5% this is demotion then they had more loans giving out perhaps npl may had gone up,hmm this suck and they also maintained a high deposits liabilities, pretax profit fell for 12.5%,turnover was quite fair at 15%,asset did fairly.But still yet there was an unrosy year for d bnk and what happened to the money raised by the bank i hvnt seen a thing translating to anything.Or has alex otti ship some money off the bank coffer in a smart way for his guber bidding in abia state. Ok, the end must justify the means!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 11:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
@all
what is the hope of this stock its eps is at a ridiculous low ever of ....as at third quarter and even with fourth quarter result, they can't pay their usual 30kobo dividend because the fyeps can not be up to 27kobo as against the usual of 60/70kobo plus it used to be then. So it must come down terribly.

REDSTAREXexperienced a sustained weak bargain tendency to close with negative sentiments in the week. Thestock recorded -4.00% loss in the week against -4.80% loss position recorded in the previous week.The outlook in the week revealed a continued downtrend in the last 2weeks to record -7.69% loss of its market value to hit 26months low of N3.6.Technical indicator (MACD) revealed active sell tendency with a corresponding steep decline in price momentum in the week while the stock closed bearish in both short term and mid-long term periods -This indicates growing presenceof the bears towards the stock.Technical conclusion on sentiments:The stock has low chance, with low reliability, to reverse the downtrend in the coming sessions. We expect the stock to hold its support line at N3.6kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 12:04am On Apr 07, 2015
always kiss
always KISS
ALWAYS KISS!

KISS = Keep_It_Short&Simple

Help your readers to get straight to the point. This is a social network medium.

Ecclesiastes 6:11

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:33am On Apr 07, 2015
Moneysage:
always kiss
always KISS
ALWAYS KISS!

Help your readers to get straight to the point. This is a social network medium.

OK i will, lionshare pls go to bed asap, lols!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 12:36am On Apr 07, 2015
Moneysage:
always kiss
always KISS
ALWAYS KISS!
kodun kopo kope,hmm KKK.
OR Kemi.kayode.kola whichever.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 5:44am On Apr 07, 2015
My Basitl, kindly help with when OandO 2014 result will be out, remember we just got 70k interim Div, so am weating for the Final which will definitely be higher.

So who knows when pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 07, 2015
What do you think of Flourmill, Nascon and Okomuoil? Okomuoil, I read, have been having some problems with their local communities.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Let's go to the Next page welcome to a new week of possibilities.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 8:08am On Apr 07, 2015
immanuello:

Lol....I guess you are referring to me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 8:16am On Apr 07, 2015
There is a big hole we need to fill in NSE right now: The telecom companies. We hope they list soon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2015
lionshare:

Lol....I guess you are referring to me?
yeah ofcouse,you like money too much my dear brother. lols!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 9:11am On Apr 07, 2015
immanuello:
yeah ofcouse,you like money too much my dear brother. lols!!
Lol Don't Mind me...I want to live on Banana Island too now, so I can relate with my future friends like Adenuga, Osibanjo and Co.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:30am On Apr 07, 2015
The number of newbies on this forum is just increasing dramatically. Myself, stockbull and 9free need to start collecting access fee here very soon. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.