Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,616 members, 7,914,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:53 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11309414 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7819) (7820) (7821) (7822) (7823) (7824) (7825) ... (7963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UncleBone: 8:45pm On Jun 20
onegentleguy:

grin grin grin

Pls eat your meal in peace and leave Mr. Osita alone. I've always known that that dude is strangely unique, but only to himself!

Maybe he was just coming off one of his many dreadfully quixotic practice (like this one; https://www.nairaland.com/4267627/how-eat-ass
https://www.nairaland.com/4300752/guys-masturbate-pictures-people-know), otherwise am not sure what should warrant the follow-up response to my post.

The fact that he even described the content of the 1st link above as; "a useful information intended to serve the purpose of humanity" made me revisit the dictionary to see if there's another meaning to being psychosomatically unstable.

When you understand that life is not too long to accommodate inconsequential matters, you pay no heed to them.
I only had to smile at his post. cheesy cool

@ ositadima1, I have nothing to say to you my dear and am also not upset with you.

Do try and take care of yourself.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin OGGGGGGGGGGGG

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:01pm On Jun 20
emmanuelewumi:

I will share my analysis tomorrow morning by God's grace
Pls do extend on security of thr Farm and workers if you have reliable information on it.That has been my concern because I don't like the news always coming from okumu oil end.This is because they are both in the same sector and state
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:03pm On Jun 20
onegentleguy:

grin grin grin

Pls eat your meal in peace and leave Mr. Osita alone. I've always known that that dude is strangely unique, but only to himself!

Maybe he was just coming off one of his many dreadfully quixotic practice (like this one; https://www.nairaland.com/4267627/how-eat-ass
https://www.nairaland.com/4300752/guys-masturbate-pictures-people-know), otherwise am not sure what should warrant .
personally i don't think this is necessary or relevant here.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:45pm On Jun 20
sky2891:
What's the expectation from oando court case coming up on Monday?

OANDO is a gamble... Expect anything

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 12:13am On Jun 21
nosa2:

Yes oh........... I'm back in the Nigerian market. Make we come rofo rofo the place

Welcome back Oga Nosa...

For newbies who would like to know Oga Nosa better, you can listen to my conversation with him on my podcast...

Solid oga he is indeed...

47. Investing in commodities: A chat with Mr Peter Iyen (Nosa2) https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/value-nigeria/episodes/47--Investing-in-commodities-A-chat-with-Mr-Peter-Iyen-Nosa2-e1dlsgo

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 0neal(m): 12:20am On Jun 21
emmanuelewumi:

I will share my analysis tomorrow morning by God's grace

Anticipating it Sir

If you have insight on Okomu oil aswell it will be highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Walinco(m): 6:30am On Jun 21
Good morning sirs .
Please I need help in understanding the stock market. I want to start investing but I don't understand why the market has been closed since I installed the bamboo app.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stronglink: 6:52am On Jun 21
Walinco:
Good morning sirs .
Please I need help in understanding the stock market. I want to start investing but I don't understand why the market has been closed since I installed the bamboo app.
Market opens from 10am-2:30pm on Mondays to Fridays excluding public holidays..... the market is supposed to be closed according to the time displayed in the screenshot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:05am On Jun 21
1. Summmary and review of 2023 Financial performance of Presco

Revenue N102 billion
Gross profit N65 billion
EBITDA N63.2 billion
EBIT N59 billion
Net operating profit after tax N42 billion
Profit after tax N37 billion

Total asset N170 billion
Cash N10 billion

Capital employed N134 billion
Invested capital N123 billion
Equity N57 billion

Return on Capital Employed 44%
Return on Invested Capital 34%
Return on Equity 57%
Gross Profit/Total Asset 38%

Net Operating cash flow N32.6 billion
Free Cash flow N20 billion

Cash Flow Return on Investment 24%
Cash Return on Invested Capital 16.5%
EBIT margin 58%
FCF Margin 20%
Net margin 32%.

2. Proposed acquisition in Ghana
Presco is planning to buy a similar company in Ghana for a total sum of $125 million. The acquisition will increase the production capacity of Presco by 20%.
With this we can assume that the business in Ghana is about 20% of the size of Presco when looking at it based on production ability.

If the business in Ghana is valued at $125 million it is logical to value Presco at ($125 million multiplied by 5) That will give us $625 million or N875 billion or N875 per share. Using N1400 per $1.

The business in Ghana made an Operating Profit of GHC 188 million. Using GHC 15 conversion to $1, that will give an operating profit of $12.5 million.

For Presco to value the business in Ghana at $125 million, they probably used a multiple of 10 of the Operating profit.

Presco made an Operating profit of N59 billion or $39 million in 2023. If we use the same multiple of 10 for the operating profit of Presco that will give us a valuation of $390 million or N546 billion using N1400 to $1.

3. The analysis is lagging because I used 2023 figures, the performance for the current year ie 2024 is expected to be good based on Q1 2024 result that was released 2 months ago
The growth observed from Q1 2023 and Q1 2024

Total asset increased from N170 billion to N204 billion

Equity increased from N57 billion to N81 billion

Current asset increased from N68 billion to N94 billion

Retained earnings increased from N74 billion to N98 billion

Revenue increased from N28 billion to N42 billion

Operating profit increased from N15 billion to N32 billion

Working capital increased from N33 billion to N46 billion

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cocolacec(m): 7:05am On Jun 21
News

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:10am On Jun 21
With an EPS of N24 in Q1 of 2024, I have a conservative EPS estimate of N70 per share for the year 2024

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Walinco(m): 7:28am On Jun 21
stronglink:
Market opens from 10am-2:30pm on Mondays to Fridays excluding public holidays..... the market is supposed to be closed according to the time displayed in the screenshot.
thank you sir for the information
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 7:43am On Jun 21
emmanuelewumi:
1. Summmary and review of 2023 Financial performance of Presco

Revenue N102 billion
Gross profit N65 billion
EBITDA N63.2 billion
EBIT N59 billion
Net operating profit after tax N42 billion
Profit after tax N37 billion

Total asset N170 billion
Cash N10 billion

Capital employed N134 billion
Invested capital N123 billion
Equity N57 billion

Return on Capital Employed 44%
Return on Invested Capital 34%
Return on Equity 57%
Gross Profit/Total Asset 38%

Net Operating cash flow N32.6 billion
Free Cash flow N20 billion

Cash Flow Return on Investment 24%
Cash Return on Invested Capital 16.5%
EBIT margin 58%
FCF Margin 20%
Net margin 32%.

2. Proposed acquisition in Ghana
Presco is planning to buy a similar company in Ghana for a total sum of $125 million. The acquisition will increase the production capacity of Presco by 20%.
With this we can assume that the business in Ghana is about 20% of the size of Presco when looking at it based on production ability.

If the business in Ghana is valued at $125 million it is logical to value Presco at ($125 million multiplied by 5) That will give us $625 million or N875 billion or N875 per share. Using N1400 per $1.

The business in Ghana made an Operating Profit of GHC 188 million. Using GHC 15 conversion to $1, that will give an operating profit of $12.5 million.

For Presco to value the business in Ghana at $125 million, they probably used a multiple of 10 of the Operating profit.

Presco made an Operating profit of N59 billion or $39 million in 2023. If we use the same multiple of 10 for the operating profit of Presco that will give us a valuation of $390 million or N546 billion using N1400 to $1.

3. The analysis is lagging because I used 2023 figures, the performance for the current year ie 2024 is expected to be good based on Q1 2024 result that was released 2 months ago
The growth observed from Q1 2023 and Q1 2024

Total asset increased from N170 billion to N204 billion

Equity increased from N57 billion to N81 billion

Current asset increased from N68 billion to N94 billion

Retained earnings increased from N74 billion to N98 billion

Revenue increased from N28 billion to N42 billion

Operating profit increased from N15 billion to N32 billion

Working capital increased from N33 billion to N46 billion

Just wondering if people like @Emmanuelewumi, BullBearMkt, Nosa2, KOD, & ... decide to monetize their expertise, ...

Well, who no know person dey call am my friend.

“If you see someone without a smile today, give ‘em yours,” D. Parton

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:47am On Jun 21
KayOn1:

Just wondering if people like @Emmanuelewumi, BullBearMkt, Nosa2, KOD, & ... decide to monetize their expertise, ...

They will not sell😂
People patronise fraudsters

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 7:58am On Jun 21
Agbalowomeri:

They will not sell😂

Well, ....
The best advice I can give those starting out, seek knowledge and avoid handouts.

https://www.drewinvestments.com/reading-list

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 8:19am On Jun 21
KayOn1:

“If you see someone without a smile today, give ‘em yours,” D. Parton

When it comes to financial markets there are no experts, people claim to be experts but how many of them consistently beat the market long term. Most people over publicize their gains and stay mum on the losses.

With regards to me selling financial advise...... my brother country hard but I find that networking with people is far more profitable than collecting money to tell someone what pretty much amounts to an educated guess.

27 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:22am On Jun 21
nosa2:

When it comes to financial markets there are no experts, people claim to be experts but how many of them consistently beat the market long term. Most people over publicize their gains and stay mum on the losses.

With regards to me selling financial advise...... my brother country hard but I find that networking with people is far more profitable than collecting money to tell someone what pretty much amounts to an educated guess.

Typical NOSA😂

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 8:22am On Jun 21
KayOn1:

Well, ....
The best advice I can give those starting out, seek knowledge and avoid handouts.

https://www.drewinvestments.com/reading-list

Exactly. Just google top 10 books on stock market investing. Read them and you'll be good.

You will lose, you will gain, but at least you will understand what is going on.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 8:23am On Jun 21
Agbalowomeri:

Typical NOSA😂

My brother na lie?!! everybody dey chop woto woto for this market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:47am On Jun 21
grin
Agbalowomeri:

They will not sell😂
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 8:52am On Jun 21
nosa2:

My brother na lie?!! everybody dey chop woto woto for this market?

The timing of this your return to Nigerian market is suspect though. For you to return by this time T, ...

I no talk pass so. Welcome back make we "rofo rofo" am together because it is about to ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 8:56am On Jun 21
cocolacec:
News

How will the market react to Ote now being the undisputed major shareholder in FBN?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:58am On Jun 21
eziokwunwoko:
What is FVE of Unilever. Mr Onegentleguy

N29.4 ....based on the coys recent financial print. (assuming a like-for-like YoY I/SGR in 2024 plus a discounted RP above current surrounding level) wink cheesy grin
Conservative FVE is @ N28.15 though.

CAVEAT: NOT to be inferred as any sought of investment advice. Due diligence still applies as always.

It is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:03am On Jun 21
KayOn1:

The timing of this your return to Nigerian market is suspect though. For you to return by this time T, ...

I no talk pass so. Welcome back make we "rofo rofo" am together because it is about to ...
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:13am On Jun 21
I heard banks have started advising their staff to take up their shares...

Seems like students, workers, market women and men etc will soon be persuaded to do same... Maybe very soon we will have shares marketers in the streets of Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:18am On Jun 21
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:19am On Jun 21
megawealth01:
Dangote Refinery's Electricity Surpasses Nigeria’s Eleven Years Capacity

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/energy/1598311-dangote-refinery-surpases-nigerias-electricity-capacity-eleven-years/

Let this REFINERY list na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 9:25am On Jun 21
sky2891:
What's the expectation from oando court case coming up on Monday?

For Oando's court case, be hopeful for good news but plan and prepare for the worst case scenario!
That is how to survive in this business!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:28am On Jun 21
grin
mikeapollo:

For Oando's court case, be hopeful for good news but plan and prepare for the worst case scenario!
That is how to survive in this business!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:35am On Jun 21
Uacn watchouttttt.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 9:38am On Jun 21
onegentleguy:

Honestly, we are not lacking in that department.
...we already have quite a handful and still getting more because we do a nice job at managing people's capital and also helping others make money and grow their portfolio.

Spotting early opportunities and delivering value has been our middle name.
I give God all the glory though. ...for without him, I am absolutely nothing!

Stop hating dude! Life needs you to exhibit oneness so you can focus on growth.
...it's also good for your mental health
. wink cheesy cool

Do take care
I like this new version of you. The moment you realize that there is no need to be confrontational with anybody, the more you have peace in your inner minds.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:40am On Jun 21
megawealth01:
I heard banks have started advising their staff to take up their shares...

Seems like students, workers, market women and men etc will soon be persuaded to do same... Maybe very soon we will have shares marketers in the streets of Nigeria

This is not new. We saw the same scenario play out from 2005 to 2008. But I think the investing public is better informed now than before.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7819) (7820) (7821) (7822) (7823) (7824) (7825) ... (7963) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: adetoyesesamson, robobo, lionshare, Princkez, IamR, ikemeze, Snazzybeam, ExpertDealer, Nvednutfr33(m), Laso09, Bagwa, Heishere, DOYY(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.