Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,695 members, 7,911,906 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 05:44 PM

The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices (4396 Views)

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 16, 2012
i can see overcoming the dissident in action here as i.chuka and Bidam don run comot.

@Goshen
i like the way you make christianity simple, and not the bogus religion we are witnessing today. thats how its suppose to be, liberty.

@Jesoul
why cant you send something like this to seun for the frontpage since you find it interesting. dont you think many of these pastor worshipping, church going nigerians need to read this? try and make an effort to curtail christians excesses with threads like this.

3 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 16, 2012
babaearly: i can see overcoming the dissident in action here as i.chuka and Bidam don run comot.

@Goshen
i like the way you make christianity simple, and not the bogus religion we are witnessing today. thats how its suppose to be, liberty.

@Jesoul
why cant you send something like this to seun for the frontpage since you find it interesting. dont you think many of these pastor worshipping, church going nigerians need to read this? try and make an effort to curtail christians excesses with threads like this.
becos ayam silent doesn't mean i agree with wat goshen says..so stop making a mockery of believers.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2012
@Goshen..let me dispute ur so called revelation..Fact 1: The price of freedom is Blood(Heb9:13-14)... Sorry am on a journey and am using a fone.i dnt ave d luxury of quoting scriptures..u can luk dem up since u ave alot of translations handy. Fact2: knowing abt d blood is not sufficient, SPEAKING ABOUT THE POWER OF THE BLOOD IS NECESSARY. Speaking with our mouth is important in enforcing our victory(Romans 10:10). Fact3: satan is an arrogant spirit and the accuser of the brethren( rev12:10, zech3:1). Let me draw this analogy; Imagine the world as a big courtroom. God is the Judge sitting on the throne( heb 12 :23). Jesus is your advocate, standing beside you to argue your case( 1 john2:1). He reminds the judge that He died and shed His blood for you..the devil,satan ur accuser now comes bringing charges and even attacks against u(rev12:19, zech3:1). When an accusation is brought against a person in a law court, the defendant if innocent can greatly increase his or her chances of being acquitted by producing a reliable witness....here lies the power of pleading the blood.although we re not physically there wen Jesus died. His shed blood bears witness to d fact dat He died, rose and defeated the powers of darkness(col 2:15). All WITNESSES need to speak. Remember the blood is living and speaks( heb 12:24) and He said He will give us a mouth and wisdom( luk21: 15). When we actively plead( speak out) the blood into negative circumstances and attacks satan brings against us, we re bringing a powerful witness to speak on our behalf(1 john5:cool.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by ichuka(m): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2012
Goshen360:

i.chuka, thank you for bringing this up. When I was a baby Christian back then in Lagos. In the prayer warrior, we often use this verse, Revelation 12:11 and we repeatedly plead the blood. What Revelation 12:11 is saying is that we (Christian) walk in the victory that had been done by the blood. You will agree that this very verse is a future event and yet, it says we overCAME (already done). It is not we pleading it time and time again that gave the victory, it is the lamb of God and that was done. Satan is already defeated, we only walk in the victory that Christ obtained for us by the blood.

Second, If you don't agree with what am saying, it's okay but let's look at it from another angle. If I plead the blood yesterday by faith to defeat the devil and his angels, it will mean they should be defeated or they are defeated when I pleaded the blood yesterday. While pleading the blood again today and tomorrow if the one pleaded yesterday worked.

When Jesus resurrected he said, "ALL powers in heaven and on earth had been given to me"....Long story short, Satan, his cohorts and the evils of the world had already being defeated and we don't defeat them by ourselves but THROUGH Christ, that is, through the victory that Christ had already done for us. We exercise and walk in that victory!

English Standard Version (©2001)
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. - I John 5:4

Our faith in what? - In the finished work and victory of Christ. Christ obtained everything on our behalf. We walk in it by faith and Apostle Paul says, "we walk by faith, not by sight".

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. - I Corinthians 15:57

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
I write unto you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because you have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because you have known the Father. I John 2:13

You are right,the devil is a defeated already,and we(christains) are victorious in Him already.
For These victory to be effective DAILY in our lives,we have to stand continually on the finished work of Calvary.Satan has to be remained constantly that he has been defeated 2000yrs ago.that is our only ground of victory and Satan's only ground of defeat.
Since we still wrestle against principalities and powers..Ephn6:12,our only hope in defeating/overcoming them is by the blood of the Lamb,the word of God,andy living a selfless life..Rev12:11.
We can't battle Satan and his agents without the blood,that's our only ground of victory.
And the Lord said unto Moses,yet will l bring one plague more upon Pharaoh and upon Egypt,afterward he will let you go hence....Exodus11:1.
Even God too has ONLY ONE plague that can completely destroy the works of Satan, the blood of the Lamb.without the blood God has nothing over Satan.
Satan is not afraid of our preaching the word,infact he can even preach the word more than some MOG's.he's only afraid of the sacrifice of Calvary been presented to him.
Rev12:10b.says for the accuser of our brethren is cast down,which accused them before our God Day and Night.
The accusation is Day and Night,the next verse says they overcame the accuser who accuses them Day and Night by the BLOOD of the LAMB...
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2012
@ Bidam,

If you pleaded the blood yesterday and spoke the word to plead the blood, why is the devil not defeated by the blood yesterday that you have to plead the same blood today and tomorrow again?

What you are probably missing from my teaching is, it not your/our repeated pleading the blood that overcomes the devil, it is the ONCE and for all pleading that was done by Christ. In the OT, it is only the High priest that pleads the blood in the tabernacle and no other person. Christ had become our high priest and intercedes on our behalf. He had already shed the blood that still speaks and alive.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For God's will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time. - Hebrews 10:10

Remember the life of the flesh (body) is in the blood. So the sacrifice of the body (flesh) of Christ is in his blood that was shed ONCE for ALL TIME.

New International Version (©1984)
The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. - Romans 6:10

Our victory over the devil is not in our pleading the blood because we are not the high priest. Our victory using the blood is our faith in what the high priest had done with the blood. If we pleaded the blood yesterday, there is no need pleading it today again if it worked defeating the devil yesterday when it was pleaded. It is an exercise in futility and you cannot find the apostles pleading the blood repeatedly and unending pleading.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 8:09am On Dec 16, 2012
i.chuka:

You are right,the devil is a defeated already,and we(christains) are victorious in Him already.
For These victory to be effective DAILY in our lives,we have to stand continually on the finished work of Calvary.Satan has to be remained constantly that he has been defeated 2000yrs ago.that is our only ground of victory and Satan's only ground of defeat.
Since we still wrestle against principalities and powers..Ephn6:12,our only hope in defeating/overcoming them is by the blood of the Lamb,the word of God,andy living a selfless life..Rev12:11.
We can't battle Satan and his agents without the blood,that's our only ground of victory.
And the Lord said unto Moses,yet will l bring one plague more upon Pharaoh and upon Egypt,afterward he will let you go hence....Exodus11:1.
Even God too has ONLY ONE plague that can completely destroy the works of Satan, the blood of the Lamb.without the blood God has nothing over Satan.
Satan is not afraid of our preaching the word,infact he can even preach the word more than some MOG's.he's only afraid of the sacrifice of Calvary been presented to him.

My dear brother, Ephesians 6:12 doesn't list the blood of Jesus among the weapons of our warfare. One thing I do in my study is that I ask question. I ask the Holy Spirit questions and if you do this often, you will be amazed how things will be revealed to you - try it. There is a always a reason for instructions. The blood of Christ, the bible says it was done ONCE and for all times. We are not the high priest but Christ. It is only the high priest that pleads the blood inside the tabernacle and Hebrews says Christ had entered the tabernacle and offered once and for all.

The foreshadow of this act in the OT is that, the OT priest offer and plead the blood repeatedly and yet, it doesn't do the things expected but in the case of Christ, it was done once and perfected forever.

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2012
4. The Practice of bathing in the beach and/or river and whipping a demon possessed for deliverance

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word. - Ephesians 5:25-26.

This practice is often common among the white garment churches in the body of Christ. Never did we read the Apostles taking any new convert or any demon possessed to the beach at night or to the stream for bathing for the purpose of conducting deliverance. No demon possessed was ever whipped by any of the Apostles.

Perhaps those who practice such still put their faith in the OT where Naman was told to go bath in river Jordan. The truth of this act is simply a foreshadow of baptism and cleaning by the water of the word of God. Those who go to bath in the river and beach at night for deliverance without the cleansing from the water of word of God still find themselves falling to the devil in the days of battle. When the word of God was spoken by the man of God to Naman in the OT, it was the rhema of the word at that time, it wasn't to be a NT practices and none of Apostles practiced such neither did the new testament church practiced such.

There is no amount of beach bathing, river bathing and whipping that will deliver a demon possessed but the power in the name of Jesus. There is a name given to us that is mighty through the pulling down of stronghold. That name is Jesus Christ. The OT prophets came and said, "Thus saith the Lord". When Jesus came, he cannot say "Thus saith the Lord" because he is the Lord that the prophets of old spoke about. After Jesus died and lives having given us a name above all names, the Apostles said, "In the name of Jesus". When Peter saw the lame man at the gate, he didn't whip him in order to get healed, he didn't take him to the river or beach to bath, he said;

But Peter said, "I don't have any silver or gold for you. But I'll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!" - Acts 3:6
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by AtheistD(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2012
plappville: Sometimes i just wonder the kind of force they use in manipulating thier congregations
Is it not thesame Bible they read that we read? yet some church doctrine contradict the Scripture, and members are just confortable with it. shocked

Welcome to Xtianity wink
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2012
alexleo:
you sound so foolish. Who is talking about best church here? My church dont engage in such pracice. Period. Wether you believe it or not doesnt change anything.
pride of denomination.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by ichuka(m): 8:20am On Dec 17, 2012
Goshen360:

My dear brother, Ephesians 6:12 doesn't list the blood of Jesus among the weapons of our warfare. One thing I do in my study is that I ask question. I ask the Holy Spirit questions and if you do this often, you will be amazed how things will be revealed to you - try it. There is a always a reason for instructions. The blood of Christ, the bible says it was done ONCE and for all times. We are not the high priest but Christ. It is only the high priest that pleads the blood inside the tabernacle and Hebrews says Christ had entered the tabernacle and offered once and for all.

The foreshadow of this act in the OT is that, the OT priest offer and plead the blood repeatedly and yet, it doesn't do the things expected but in the case of Christ, it was done once and perfected forever.
Put on the whole armour of God,that ye may be able to STAND against the wiles of the devil.......that ye may be able to WITHSTAND in the evil day,and having done all,to STAND.STAND therefore..Ephans6:11-14.
Without standing on the ground of Calvary/victory our armory is useless in battle.
As long as there's an accuser that accuses us daily...Rev12:10.
The Blood is ever active and present to overcome every of his accusation...Rev12:11.
Morning bro.

2 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by MrAnony1(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2012
i.chuka:

Put on the whole armour of God,that ye may be able to STAND against the wiles of the devil.......that ye may be able to WITHSTAND in the evil day,and having done all,to STAND.STAND therefore..Ephans6:11-14.
Without standing on the ground of Calvary/victory our armory is useless in battle.
As long as there's an accuser that accuses us daily...Rev12:10.
The Blood is ever active and present to overcome every of his accusation...Rev12:11.
Morning bro.
Lol, This one of the most spectacular scripture twisting exercise I have seen in quite some time.

+1 like from me. The twisting here is so wonderful that it deserves a "like" for effort.

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by debosky(m): 11:20am On Dec 17, 2012
Goshen360: 3. The Practice of Church branches remitting all tithes and/or resources to the headquarters by controlling God's people.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. - II Corinthians 3:17

Under the Apostolic move, many churches were planted by Apostle Paul but none of this churches planted ever had to remit tithe and collections to Jerusalem or Apostle Paul headquarters International. Such practices in today's end-time church is an anti-Christ practices. It is a witchcraft spirit of controlling and manipulations. The pastors are controlled from the headquarter church and have to take permission for virtually everything they had to do

I disagree with this - while it is not right to control and manipulate people/local congregations, there is nothing wrong in a group of churches deciding to support a 'central' church body with their offerings or looking to such a 'central' body for guidance. The elders in Jerusalem provided guidance to other churches as described in Acts 15. Paul did make collections from a variety of churches to support a need in Jerusalem.

The key here is manipulation and control - as long as there is willing submission to the authority of a central body and there is no manipulation involved, churches are permitted to organise themselves as they deem fit, as long as this does not contradict the Word of God.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by MrAnony1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
@Goshen, there are a few you have not yet mentioned namely:

1. Altar calls (repeating the sinners prayer after an evangelist does nothing to save a soul)
2. Special deliverance prayer (after Christ has paid the price)
3. Special baptismal classes before getting baptized
4. The practice of praying for the death of enemies.
5. Treating Holy Ghost baptism as if it is an attained level (Christians who speak in tongues are not more christian than those who don't)
6. The practice of "mummy and daddy in the lord"
7. The practice of "7 steps to......" i.e. the practice of giving unnecessary meaning to numbers. 7th July 2007 (07/07/07) is not necessarily a special day and 6th of June 2006 (06/06/06) is not a bad day.
8. The practice of making vows i.e. "God if you do x, I will do x" (God is our Father not a business partner)
9. The idea of pre-tribulation rapture.
10. The idea that a christian can go into a trance and lose control of himself/herself because he or she is "under anointing"
11. The practice of drinking and bathing in "anointing oil" for protection. (this to me is a fetish practice)
12. The practice of making up stories and justifying them with "thus saith the Lord"

e.t.c. e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2012
Mr_Anony: @Goshen, there are a few you have not yet mentioned namely:

1. Altar calls (repeating the sinners prayer after an evangelist does nothing to save a soul)
5. Treating Holy Ghost baptism as if it is an attainable level (Christians who speak in tongues are not more christian than those who don't)
7. The practice of "7 steps to......" i.e. the practice of giving unnecessary meaning to numbers. 7th July 2007 (07/07/07) is not necessarily a special day and 6th of June 2006 (06/06/06) is not a bad day.
8. The practice of making vows i.e. "God if you do x, I will do x" (God is our Father not a business partner)
10. The idea that a christian can go into a trance and lose control of himself/herself because he or she is "under anointing"
11. The practice of drinking and bathing in "anointing oil" for protection. (this to me is a fetish practice)

e.t.c. e.t.c.

Hmm, quite worried I agree with you here grin
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by MrAnony1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
frosbel:

Hmm, quite worried I agree with you here grin
Lol, now I am worried grin
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by PastorKun(m): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
Mr_Anony: @Goshen, there are a few you have not yet mentioned namely:

5. Treating Holy Ghost baptism as if it is an attainable level (Christians who speak in tongues are not more christian than those who don't)
12. The practice of making up stories and justifying them with "thus saith the Lord"

e.t.c. e.t.c.

^^^
And these are just a tip of the iceberg It's so sad that false doctrines now dominate practises in most of out churches today. sad
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
An extension to practice number 2 of this thread. See this thread
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
@ Mr Anony, thanks for the contribution. I wasn't actually going to name the whole non-apostolic practices by myself as I cannot list them all by myself. I can only list the ones I know. Hence, yours is a great contribution. Thank you.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
debosky:

I disagree with this - while it is not right to control and manipulate people/local congregations, there is nothing wrong in a group of churches deciding to support a 'central' church body with their offerings or looking to such a 'central' body for guidance. The elders in Jerusalem provided guidance to other churches as described in Acts 15. Paul did make collections from a variety of churches to support a need in Jerusalem.

The key here is manipulation and control - as long as there is willing submission to the authority of a central body and there is no manipulation involved, churches are permitted to organize themselves as they deem fit, as long as this does not contradict the Word of God.

Brother debosky.....welcome on board! Aside manipulation and control. There is a practice going on in the body of Christ that I tried to point out in the third point. The issue of support to the "central" church (if or when in need) is sharing among believers then. That is not what I'm talking about. Let me spill it out with this plain example among one of the big organization in Nigeria today. I illustrate with the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). I don't mean no offense by calling names as it is not only RCCG that does what I'm about to say.

The RCCG commands ALL their branches to remit ALL tithes to the headquarters without a single dime left to the parishes to fund their expenses. As you can see, this is no longer the case of supporting the "central" church but a case of control, law and bondage. There is a centralized system in operation that has taken away the freedom of believers. Yes, the branches can "support" the "central" when in need and vice versa but when it becomes a "must" on all time basis. We do not have such practices among the Apostles. I don't know if I'm communicating well but I'm trying to put it in the best way I can.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Kx: 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
samsy5460: [color=#770077][/color]
Matthew 5:44 So, where did
all this “Anybody who is planning my death, fall
and die” come from? Jesus Christ taught us to
forgive those who hurt us, ““I tell you, not
seven times, but seventy-seven times
.”
Matthew 18:21-22 and He even taught us to
remind our Heavenly Father about our having
forgiven others who offended us when we
prayer. [Read the Lord’s Prayer at Matthew
6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4] Where does the “any
evil arrow sent in my direction, back to the
sender” chime come in? These scripture show
that back-to-sender is anti-Christ.
How is it an occultic stunt? If someone sends
evil your way, it is definitely not the Holy Spirit
or angels that are meant to execute it. It has
to be demons. So, if you are communicating
with demons and sending them on errands to
other human beings, it means you are a
demonist, a diabolical person and one who
operates in the spirit realm using demons to
execute his instructions or wishes is an
occultist.
A Christian who does this is no better
than the person who sent the evil to him in the
first place. If it is witchcraft, returning it is an
act of witchcraft.
The scripture is so clear as explained above.
Why is the church of Christ being fed the opposite with all the fire for fire and back to sender prayer lines?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
5. The practice of selling/buying prayer clothes; handkerchief; anointing oil and mantle.

So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.

When handkerchiefs or aprons that had merely touched his skin were placed on sick people, they were healed of their diseases, and evil spirits were expelled. - Acts 19:12

This is one of the most controversial practices in the body of Christ today. Many Christian confuse and don't understand what this passage of scripture is talking about and hence allow themselves to be deceived and some to the point of paying for anointed handkerchiefs, mantle, prayer clothes and anointing oil.

The truth is, the Apostle NEVER gave anyone anointed materials, mantle, oil and prayer clothes. The devil has so much invaded the church and we are so weak and don't even understand how much God had put in us.

The scripture in Acts 19:12 is a replicate of the woman with the issue of blood. Before the act of faith with this woman, no one had ever thought of touching the cloth of Jesus to get heal. Faith is supernatural force that can operate in any dimension in the life of those who possess it. Let me take you on a journey in the Spirit so we can understand what happened in Acts 19:12.

Say like Apostle Paul was having a crusade and many people attended and their sick ones left at home. The power of God was so strong on the Apostle to the point it generated faith in the people that were physically present on the crusade ground. Some of them that had sick ones at home then used their scarf (head tie), some handkerchief, some aprons etc and touched the body of Apostle Paul and took those material back home in the Spirit of faith that gave them such idea, as they laid those materials on their sick ones, they became whole.

Many Christians don't understand that when someone gives you some to go use at home or somewhere, that is not faith. Such faith is on the materials given to you. Faith is what is generated within a person by him or herself. God is not babalawo (herbalist) that give you something to go use at home. When the unction of the Holy Spirit moves, anything can happen in the arena of faith. This is not put God in a box as to His operation but the Apostle were NOT the ones giving aprons, mantles, handkerchiefs and anointed oil to people, it was the people by themselves that was prompted in faith to do such. This is what the miraculous faith does for believers.

Today, we see some preachers selling aprons, handkerchiefs, anointed oil and mantles to Christians as they manipulate some Christians with Acts 19:12. To top it up, the KJV of the bible is not helping the matter. When you read such verse from many other translation, you will understand it wasn't the Apostle that gave the believers such materials but it was done in an act of faith by the people themselves. Stop paying for mantles, anointed oil, handkerchiefs, prayer clothes and aprons.

2 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by debosky(m): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
Goshen360:
The RCCG commands ALL their branches to remit ALL tithes to the headquarters without a single dime left to the parishes to fund their expenses. As you can see, this is no longer the case of supporting the "central" church but a case of control, law and bondage. There is a centralized system in operation that has taken away the freedom of believers. Yes, the branches can "support" the "central" when in need and vice versa but when it becomes a "must" on all time basis. We do not have such practices among the Apostles. I don't know if I'm communicating well but I'm trying to put it in the best way I can.

Firstly, I'm not sure this is completely accurate, especially for parishes outside Nigeria, but I won't focus on this case and instead will talk about the principle.

If a 'parish' was 'established' with the principle that it would remit all tithes back to the HQ, and the members agree to this, then it isn't control/manipulation in my view. The key here is how the decision to remit funds is reached and the willingness of members of the fellowship to adhere to such decisions.

As no one is compelled to be a pastor/church member in RCCG or any other church group for that matter, individuals who are not in agreement with this centralised pooling of funds, they are free to fellowship where they have independence in their finances.

I agree the Apostles didn't follow the organisational structure/funding arrangements seen today, but that doesn't make it necessarily wrong.

I'm just wary of imposing my personal view on others - if others choose to pool their funds, so be it.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
debosky:

Firstly, I'm not sure this is completely accurate, especially for parishes outside Nigeria, but I won't focus on this case and instead will talk about the principle.

If a 'parish' was 'established' with the principle that it would remit all tithes back to the HQ, and the members agree to this, then it isn't control/manipulation in my view. The key here is how the decision to remit funds is reached and the willingness of members of the fellowship to adhere to such decisions.

As no one is compelled to be a pastor/church member in RCCG or any other church group for that matter, individuals who are not in agreement with this centralised pooling of funds, they are free to fellowship where they have independence in their finances.

I agree the Apostles didn't follow the organisational structure/funding arrangements seen today, but that doesn't make it necessarily wrong.

I'm just wary of imposing my personal view on others - if others choose to pool their funds, so be it.

On the highlight,

Since you agree we do not have such Apostolic practices, then I think it will be wrong for us practicing such. These Apostles are the examples for the New Testament church. I do not want you look at it from the angel "maybe" I'm trying to force my "personal opinion" on folks. The issue is whatever is not enlisted in our constitution (The Bible) and especially when we do not have such examples from men that first walked with Christ and wrote to, preserving the faith by the Holy Spirit, we should be careful doing contrary to scriptural examples.

Second, the issue is not whether the parishes agree to the terms to remit all tithes to headquarter or not. Off course, they will not disobey authority(ies) but what the authority does is unscriptural. It is not the members who agrees but the pastor installed follows whatever comes from the headquarter. As you know very well, the members are taught to just pay the tithe and forget how the money is being managed. I won't like to mix things up here. Please understand it is not the money now but the practice of opening a church branch for the purpose of feeding the headquarter or mother church. This is no where found among the Apostle. It is an evil I have seen in the body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by JeSoul(f): 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
babaearly: @Jesoul
You should know I have nothing to do with >90% of the 'christian' threads that make the homepage. The supermods scan all sections and pick threads they want. And we all know that controversy sells - hence why fiery topics always make it on, simple rule of advertising.

Occasionally I submit a thread to them for consideration - but I refrain most times from submitting good, quality ones like these because the influx of juvenile 'home-page' posters tends to ruin good topics. Quantity is not necessarily quality. It is better to wait for the thread to develop (Goshen to finish his series) and then submit it.

Cheers bro.

3 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by debosky(m): 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
Goshen360: On the highlight,

Since you agree we do not have such Apostolic practices, then I think it will be wrong for us practicing such. These Apostles are the examples for the New Testament church. I do not want you look at it from the angel "maybe" I'm trying to force my "personal opinion" on folks. The issue is whatever is not enlisted in our constitution (The Bible) and especially when we do not have such examples from men that first walked with Christ and wrote to, preserving the faith by the Holy Spirit, we should be careful doing contrary to scriptural examples.

I do not subscribe to such a narrow view - there are many things the apostles were not recorded as doing, such as collectively owning the building where they met together to worship - is that wrong? The principle is what we should examine.

In principle, making collections (be it 10, 20 or 100%) for a central office/person to use on behalf of the congregation is scriptural - Paul requested such collections to be made and the people voluntarily made it. As long as it isn't imposed/forced on people, it is ok. What we need is more transparency from our churches.

Second, the issue is not whether the parishes agree to the terms to remit all tithes to headquarter or not. Off course, they will not disobey authority(ies) but what the authority does is unscriptural. It is not the members who agrees but the pastor installed follows whatever comes from the headquarter. As you know very well, the members are taught to just pay the tithe and forget how the money is being managed. I won't like to mix things up here. Please understand it is not the money now but the practice of opening a church branch for the purpose of feeding the headquarter or mother church. This is no where found among the Apostle. It is an evil I have seen in the body of Christ.

It's high time Christians took responsibility for themselves - if your congregation is acting in a way you do not agree with, then speak up about it/leave - don't be dogmatic in everything.

In many cases it's simply two parts of the body supporting each other - the HQ supports the local churches - setting up costs, sunday school books, teaching material, devotionals, conventions etc. so it's only natural the branches support in return as members of one body. I agree that opening up of branches purely for feeding cash back to the centre is wrong.

We can discuss this separately if you wish and I don't mean to derail your thread, so please continue your edifying teaching.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
JeSoul: You should know I have nothing to do with >90% of the 'christian' threads that make the homepage. The supermods scan all sections and pick threads they want. And we all know that controversy sells - hence why fiery topics always make it on, simple rule of advertising.

Occasionally I submit a thread to them for consideration - but I refrain most times from submitting good, quality ones like these because the influx of juvenile 'home-page' posters tends to ruin good topics. Quantity is not necessarily quality. It is better to wait for the thread to develop (Goshen to finish his series) and then submit it.

Cheers bro.

Exactly my thought. It skipped my mind, I had wanted to reply with same thought. Thank you my dearest sister. However, I cannot mention all the non-apostolic practices. I will only mention few I had observed over the years. I think I should have two or three more from my list. Anybody is free to contribute and let others test the spirit. I will let you know when I'm done! Thank you.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
debosky:

I do not subscribe to such a narrow view - there are many things the apostles were not recorded as doing, such as collectively owning the building where they met together to worship - is that wrong? The principle is what we should examine.

In principle, making collections (be it 10, 20 or 100%) for a central office/person to use on behalf of the congregation is scriptural - Paul requested such collections to be made and the people voluntarily made it. As long as it isn't imposed/forced on people, it is ok. What we need is more transparency from our churches.

It's high time Christians took responsibility for themselves - if your congregation is acting in a way you do not agree with, then speak up about it/leave - don't be dogmatic in everything.

In many cases it's simply two parts of the body supporting each other - the HQ supports the local churches - setting up costs, sunday school books, teaching material, devotionals, conventions etc. so it's only natural the branches support in return as members of one body. I agree that opening up of branches purely for feeding cash back to the centre is wrong.

We can discuss this separately if you wish and I don't mean to derail your thread, so please continue your edifying teaching.

Thank you my brother. As I always say, you are one of my beloved on this forum I we enjoy the Spirit of fellowship. Somethings I have a strong message but communicating my point bothers me at times. We both agree that central can support the local branches and vice versa but what we don't agree is this from your point,

debosky:

I agree that opening up of branches purely for feeding cash back to the centre central is wrong.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Any bible student will read/study Apostle Paul collecting money is it were from one church to support another. This we cannot speak against as it is a common practice among the New Testament believers. What scriptures don't support and neither practiced among the Apostles is telling ALL Churches/branches established to remit all tithes to headquarters and leaving these branches to little or nothing to survive their expenses. I cannot judge motives as it is against scriptures but what we see these days is that these branches are established as collection centers. I speak from the angle of the word, I do not see such practices among the Apostles aside each supporting one another.

Also, I do not have such issues with my church. I had been a strong member in RCCG when I schooled at Federal Polytechnic, Offa. My brother, I know how things are done in RCCG and I'm not saying this because of RCCG alone (I only mentioned RCCG as an example to illustrate the point). Many churches especially in Nigeria are doing same. The Pentecostal Church I used to attend back then in Lagos at Old Ojo road are into same practices copied from RCCG when they started to open church branches. There should be decentralization of system and liberty to believers even though we support one another - central to local and vice versa.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by ichuka(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, This one of the most spectacular scripture twisting exercise I have seen in quite some time.

+1 like from me. The twisting here is so wonderful that it deserves a "like" for effort.
You are laughing,well am not surprise.because that's part of the reason the devil and his agents are so comfortable with the body of Christ this days.
Until the body of Christ finds there way back to the Cross,Satan will continue to dictate worldly activities.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by wordthots: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2012
@ bro Goshen, great stuff!
So happy dat God is raisin up men in dese last days...so many practices n doctrines in d present day church have bn unquestioned for years. I believe the word is our standrd and it should always be given first place. The fact that a doctrine is practiced by lots of churches n has bn practiced for years doesn't make it right.

2 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by wordthots: 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
I think u shd add the practice of casting out demons from believers!!!
So many churches are so quick to attach things to demons n witches, when in actual fact most times, d problem is an unrenewed mind...
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by plappville(f): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2012
wordthots: @ bro Goshen, great stuff!
So happy dat God is raisin up men in dese last days...so many practices n doctrines in d present day church have bn unquestioned for years. I believe the word is our standrd and it should always be given first place. The fact that a doctrine is practiced by lots of churches n has bn practiced for years doesn't make it right.

Words!!!
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2012
6. The Practice of Praying with Rosary, Holy Mary and Candle.

The New Testament believers have a powerful force in the name of Jesus. One of the riches of the New Testament is that even Christ didn't have the priviledge of saying, "in the name of Jesus". The Apostles never lacked anything when Christ was physically with them simply because he is Immanuel - God with us. The Christian mandate began with "Go ye into the world.....in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". The Apostles understood the power in this mandate and hence mixed with faith and it produced results.

Therefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

How did Christ's name became highly exalted but wasn't used by the Apostle before the death of Christ? It was by the power of resurrection. After the resurrection, Peter healing the lame man at the gate never had to contour to rosary prayer, white or red candle to heal the man, he did say and never said at the name of Holy Mary mother of God but Peter said,

Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. - Acts 3:6

Faith in the name that is highly exalted work wonders. Do you know what it was called "ACTS OF THE APOSTLES" Because all manners of supernatural happened by the Apostles with faith in the name of Jesus. Acts of the Apostles was ONLY and could ONLY be accomplished by the name of Jesus. Today's Christianity and churchianity will only wrath the kinds of wonders in Acts of the Apostles ONLY by the name of Jesus, not Holy Mary and rosary, not white or red or blue or yellow candle.

Lastly, just as John 3:16 rings a bell to the world of sin; much more is Acts 3:16 to the believers - it is not just shouting the name in a religious manner but faith in the name of Jesus.

By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see. - Acts 3:16

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Average Christ Embassy Member Pays 4 Months Of His/her Yearly Income To CE / The Unrighteous Shall Not Inherit The Kingdom Of God - Prince Gabriel Okocha / A Top Secret Clearly Depicted In The Bible But Unknown To Many Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.