Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,853 members, 7,930,972 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:00 PM

Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times (30383 Views)

Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness / Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by geez1: 12:00am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun:

Sometimes you guys forget that lagos state was the federal capital of nigeria,a nigerian state,developed by nigerians,with nigerian resources.

Like new york to america.Triba primates.

Abuja has been the capital for over 20yrs and why isn't its economy half the size of Lagos'? Calabar was also once Nigeria's capital and how come your people don't troop there half as much as they invade Lagos? And tell me what your people are doing in Abeokuta, Ibadan and a host of other Yoruba cities? Were they also Nigeria's capital? Too many questions. No answers

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by tomakint: 12:09am On Dec 16, 2012
dayokanu:
Everyone on this forum knows I am a graduate of OAU and I have people on this forum who knew me even while in School
Now tell us what you studied and the year you graduated
what do u mean everyone? now u know where I belong why cooked up the terrible lies against me that i went to U.I? Are u an Awoite or Fajuyite? Well I am a fajuyite and why asking me d yr i finished? if indeed u studied at OAU u must be an Awoite, u are too lousy! do u know Legacy?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ektbear: 12:11am On Dec 16, 2012
Lagos has not been the capital of Nigeria since 1993, right?

That is nearly 20 years ago..
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by redsun(m): 12:12am On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

Abuja has been the capital for over 20yrs and why isn't its economy half the size of Lagos'? Calabar was also once Nigeria's capital and how come your people don't troop there half as much as they invade Lagos? And tell me what your people are doing in Abeokuta, Ibadan and a host of other Yoruba cities? Were they also Nigeria's capital? Too many questions. No answers

This is how primitive you guys think and i find it very weird,especially when you claim to be educated.Every nigrerian is free to live where he or she choses.The igbo always capititalize on the opportunities some local tribes dont see,they always tap into it,simplify it and make it adorable,irrespective of the location.The igbos are colonizers.

And probably because of the high competitions at home ground,and of course other locational factors,some choose to find unexplored lands in the union.

Igbos like all the seekers,will live for ever.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by geez1: 12:19am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun:

This is how primitive you guys think and i find it very weird,especially when you claim to be educated.Every nigrerian is free to live where he or she choses.The igbo always capititalize on the opportunities some local tribes dont see,they always tap into it,simplify it and make it adorable,irrespective of the location.The igbos are colonizers.

And probably because of the high competitions at home ground,and of course other locational factors,some choose to find unexplored lands in the union.

Obviously the land is barren and retrogressive because I still don't even understand why the few ones that do some business here can't even replicate such in the SE. There are opportunities in the SW because successive governments have created the platform for businesses to thrive which is largely absent in the SE. And you're the same people that scream 'divide us' the most. Anyway I can't wait for that day

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ezeagu(m): 12:23am On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

Even if its incorrect just leave us to be deluded. I don't know why any post on any positive news or development in Yorubaland generates so much bitterness from you Biafrans. If it pains you that much, you can work hard enough to make those things happen in your region or you consider it impossible ni?

You brought up southeastern Nigeria and compared it to your regions GDP and I simply explained why there seems to be a gap: because the GDP doesn't prove anything other than there are more salary jobs in the south west like we all knew.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ezeagu(m): 12:27am On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

Oil was discovered in 1950s and Nigeria boomed during Lagos time as the capital. Abuja is a haven for the rich which was created specifically not to be like Lagos. Calabar is too old to even be considered here.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by redsun(m): 12:29am On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

Obviously the land is barren and retrogressive because I still don't even understand why the few ones that do some business here can't even replicate such in the SE.

You see it that way because you think tribal,not everybody sees like that.Most igbos are lagos because the factors ere there as the federal capital that is strategically located.But as lagos is getting saturated,environmental changes becoming too dicey,instant commincations made easy,and nigeria going more backward,the smarter ones should looking towards east.

I for one wont live or invest in any place in nigeria,except my own town.That will be my base,and from there i will lay my dragnents.

The only snag is the evil government and the system in nigeria,where nothing works.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by dayokanu(m): 12:33am On Dec 16, 2012
tomakint:
what do u mean everyone? now u know where I belong why cooked up the terrible lies against me that i went to U.I? Are u an Awoite or Fajuyite? Well I am a fajuyite and why asking me d yr i finished? if indeed u studied at OAU u must be an Awoite, u are too lousy! do u know Legacy?

What department did you finish from and what year? Thats simple enough

Now that you mentioned Legacy

What Political party did Legacy belong to? What is Legacy's real name, Who was OAU President before Legacy, Who was president after Legacy and who did Legacy run against for the post of President

I know you are Andre Uweh and you are not fooling anyone here
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by EkoIle1: 12:57am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun:

You see it that way because you think tribal,not everybody sees like that.Most igbos are lagos because the factors ere there as the federal capital that is strategically located.But as lagos is getting saturated,environmental changes becoming too dicey,instant commincations made easy,and nigeria going more backward,the smarter ones should looking towards east.

I for one wont live or invest in any place in nigeria,except my own town.That will be my base,and from there i will lay my dragnents.

The only snag is the evil government and system in nigeria,where nothing works.

Ibo people are in lagos not really because of any federal capital. Federal capital can not guarantee your safety while you work and maKe a living, federal capital can not create a conducive environment for you to do business and grow, federal capital can not provide all the societal and administrative factors and governance to make any place function and progress, federal capital can not promote peace and harmony, good and credible leadership does, the brand of leadership Lagos and the SW is blessed with.

You can not go to your igboland and walk around without looking over your shoulder. You don't have peace and tranquility. The federal government did not provide peace and tranquility in Yorubaland, the leadership and the peaceful DNA structure of Yoruba people took care of that.

It's funny how you ibo people blame everything on the federal government and.never on your worthless local leaders. It's like they are invisible and not responsible for you people. They collect taxes and allocations just like the Yoruba states you people troop into everyday.

Do you need the federal government to gurantee safety security between ibo people and prevent you people from killing and kidnapping each other? What are the losers you call leaders doing with all.the millions in security votes?

Smh....

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by EkoIle1: 1:06am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun:

Thanks admitting that ibo land is so fukkked up and there is no opportunity to tap into in igboland and they must go to Yorubaland and work their azzzzz off and pay taxes in Yorubaland to develop Yorubaland...

Ibo logic is always upside-down

Again, the joke is on you.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ak47mann(m): 1:31am On Dec 16, 2012
Biafra rep: I hate bland statements like the one above, please for the umpteenth time, what is Ibadan producing? petroleum? Manufacturing firms like PZ? Good i know about Ewedu, block industries, pure water industries, Gbegiri, Babalawo et al as Dhemmy listed but are they what makes Ibadan industrialized?
this people think igbos are shallow minded like their folks in SW and northern nigeria,they love claiming things but cant provide physical evidence.Sometimes they think everyone is as stuppiddd as them....how can u claim something that is not physically on the ground?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 16, 2012
ak47mann: this people think igbos are shallow minded like their folks in SW and northern nigeria,they love claiming things but cant provide physical evidence.Sometimes they think everyone is as stuppiddd as them....how can u claim something that is not physically on the ground?

This ppl think SW folks are shallow-minded like ibhoes.

The claim wey Ibhoes Nl don claim self, you go think say Obama na ibhoe
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by auwal87(m): 1:47am On Dec 16, 2012
I hope the inhabitants benefit from the development. Good News.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by tomakint: 1:47am On Dec 16, 2012
dayokanu:
What department did you finish from and what year? Thats simple enough
Now that you mentioned Legacy
What Political party did Legacy belong to? What is Legacy's real name, Who was OAU President before Legacy, Who was president after Legacy and who did Legacy run against for the post of President
I know you are Andre Uweh and you are not fooling anyone here
You are one of the most unfortunate thing here, i tot I could b civil wit u but I was wrong! that's all!
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by MegaMan2020: 2:07am On Dec 16, 2012
Lagos,Ibadan, Ogun state... The SW has the most potential by far. Jealous Igbos will always talk rubbish but it's the truth. Yoruba states are the most developed. Yorubaland has so much potential..Can iboland say the same?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by sbeezy8: 2:35am On Dec 16, 2012
LOL LMFAO- this isnt even an argument- Oyo state Ibadan is among one of the top cities based on Population Alone.

you cant tell me 5 million people in Ibadan are doing nothing. - Oyo has always been a productive state
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by dayokanu(m): 2:43am On Dec 16, 2012
tomakint:
You are one of the most unfortunate thing here, i tot I could b civil wit u but I was wrong! that's all!

You can't deceive anyone Here. I asked him key questions about the school he claimed to attend and he fled

Point to where I wasn't civil
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by cfours: 2:46am On Dec 16, 2012
PeterKbaba: Igbo and bad belle, chai.... see as all of them dey rush to discredit a giant state already. Cant you people just leave us alone aba....Very soon igbo man go say Ibadan na their own or no man land (as they wan use 419 theif Lagos).

ROTFLMAO grin grin
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by tomakint: 3:02am On Dec 16, 2012
dayokanu:
You can't deceive anyone Here. I asked him key questions about the school he claimed to attend and he fled
Point to where I wasn't civil
If u tot Vakama(UJCM),Lanre Adeleke (DSM) 'have u eaten' Dr 3As (a very good friend of mine) burkina and the likes will be difficult for me to know then u are d most unfortunate he-goat here! please stay out of my radar for now, u are on my ignore list, too shallow minded 2 b a Great Ife! U keep calling me an impostor are u mad?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by redsun(m): 3:04am On Dec 16, 2012
I am not categorically clear,but i presume that monies that commercially change hands in onitsha every day will surmount that of oyo,ogun and maybe ekiti put together.And almost half of the ones that changes in lagos are interconnected with the ones in the east,the same people.

Until nigeria splits up,an igbo man will roam anywhere freely in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by MegaMan2020: 3:13am On Dec 16, 2012
All Ibadan needs is a good governor. Give Ibadan a good governor and it will take off, big time!
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by cfours: 3:14am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun:

In fact, the 'roaming' will quadruple if naija splits. All ibos will be plotting ways to escape biafra.
but luckily we will have the ability to deport your refugee azzes grin just like the South Africans are doing to ur folks.
na 'ghana must go' style we go take send you off.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by redsun(m): 3:19am On Dec 16, 2012
c.fours:

In fact, the 'roaming' will quadruple if naija splits. All ibos will be plotting ways to escape biafra.
but luckily we will have the ability to deport your refugee azzes grin just like the South Africans are doing to ur folks.
na 'ghana must go' style we go take send you off.

When nigeria natural splits up,that is when the cause of biafra will be achived,when sanity will be restored to the east,minus nigeria contagious backwardness.

The igbo elite at this moment are NIGERIANS,not Biafrans.They will natural fade away with nigeria.

And anything short of mutual aggreement with all regions as regards the igbo's investments in the event of a split,will be seen as acts aggression.You woulnt want that?will you?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun: I am not categorically clear,but i presume that monies that commercially change hands in onitsha every day will surmount that of oyo,ogun and maybe ekiti put together.And almost half of the ones that changes in lagos are interconnected with the ones in the east,the same people.

How is this a Yoruba vs Igbo discussion?

Will you small mosquitoes stop feeling inferior?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 3:25am On Dec 16, 2012
Instead of vying for a developed Nigeria, meaning every state doing what it can to develop economically, y'all are taking about dirty onitsha.

Please stop this nonsense. We need Nigeria to step up.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by redsun(m): 3:26am On Dec 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

How is this a Yoruba vs Igbo discussion?

Will you small mosquitoes stop feeling inferior?

Did you just fall from hell?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun:

Did you just fall from hell?

Isn't hell underground? Olodo.

Na, I just fell from heaven, angel #419, baby.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by redsun(m): 3:29am On Dec 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Isn't hell underground? Olodo.

Na, I just fell from heaven, angel #419, baby.

Naa,you are too bitter for heaven.Hell happens to be your abode.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun:

Naa,you are too bitter for heaven.Hell happens to be your abode.

Don't you know that god is bitter? That's why he made you what you are, nukka grin
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by redsun(m): 3:32am On Dec 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Don't you know that god is bitter? That's why he made you what you are, nukka grin

Even when i am a god?Dont you know taht the reason why i can easily see through you is because i am a god?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 16, 2012
redsun:

Even when i am a god.Dont you know taht the reason why i can easily see through you is because i am a god?

god of bullshoit, take it easy wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service / El-Rufai Shocks Pensioners, Increase Benefits From ₦3,000 To ₦30,000 Per Month / Benin Republic Slams CFA 2M On Nigeria Cargoes In Retaliation For Border Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.