Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,827 members, 7,930,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:08 AM

Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times (30381 Views)

Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness / Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 16, 2012
Ak47mann just got busy, good right hook... grin
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 16, 2012
shymexx: Ak47mann just got busy, good right hook... grin

Seriously, do you think ppl even notice you when you get into a fight like a 5 years old kid?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ak47mann(m): 5:13am On Dec 16, 2012
shymexx: Ak47mann just got busy, good right hook... grin
u are enjoying it grin
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 16, 2012
ak47mann: nope!am not runnig at all just waiting for someone to hit me with some hard comment cheesy

is oviose that the economy is not good in nigeria if business men start complains, that means the economy situation is getting scarier,is just a matter of time common people will start feeling it..But the ones that made their billions dont have to worry any more,those ones are still starting to trade..

If you know that the economy aint good, why are you against Ibadan's development? undecided

This aint about ibhoe vs Yoruba shoit. This is about IBADAN's development. cool Even tho, Yorubaland still rocks cool
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by MegaMan2020: 5:15am On Dec 16, 2012
shymexx:

Bro, it's better to ignore them and their rants, and focus on more important things... Most empty and superficial people are always the loudest, anyway...

These people are also very shiesty and fraudulent - imagine some of them went to this business directory and changed the addresses of some businesses registered in Lagos, Abuja, and Kaduna to Abia... Just to make Abia look like it's a business haven for big enterprises...

Check out this link and look at how they manipulated the addresses: Companies in Abia, Nigeria http://www.businesslist.com.ng/state/abia

Hahaha you are a true Yoruba man. You have spotted the sneakiness of the igbos. Don't mind them anyway. They are of no threat whatsoever. They hate the fact that Yorubas and Yorubaland continue to make strides whilst they cry and complain about the past. Never mind them jor
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 16, 2012
Hmmm... This stalker again?

Damn!! Let the referee do his job!! undecided
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 16, 2012
MegaMan2020:

Hahaha you are a true Yoruba man. You have spotted the sneakiness of the igbos. Don't mind them anyway. They are of no threat whatsoever. They hate the fact that Yorubas and Yorubaland continue to make strides whilst they cry and complain about the past. Never mind them jor

I'm used to their rants and chest-beating now, anyway - empty barrels... grin
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 16, 2012
ak47mann: u are enjoying it grin

You're flying the flag for biafra...
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ak47mann(m): 5:24am On Dec 16, 2012
shymexx:

You're flying the flag for biafra...
Yeah BIAFRA lives on, the sovereignty state.Life is like a dice game and we meant to win cool
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ak47mann(m): 5:28am On Dec 16, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
?

If you know that the economy aint good, why are you against Ibadan's development? undecided

This aint about ibhoe vs Yoruba shoit. This is about IBADAN's development. cool Even tho, Yorubaland still rocks cool
ok am backing off on ur request,. Am surprise the pix disappear so quick? put ur pix next time. cool
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 16, 2012
ak47mann: ok am backing off on ur request,. Am surprise the pix disappear so quick? put ur pix next time. cool

LOL Two separate IDs nukka
IL and *IL
Why should I remove Halle Berry's pix? undecided
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ak47mann(m): 5:36am On Dec 16, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

LOL Two separate IDs nukka
IL and *IL
Why should I remove Halle Berry's pix? undecided
hahaha you played me,that clever of u,and who do u call harry berry?pls dont go there pls,harry berry i want to marry? take ur time...
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 16, 2012
ak47mann: hahaha you played me,that clever of u,and who do u call harry berry?pls dont go there pls,harry berry i want to marry? take ur time...

lol
grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by cfours: 5:54am On Dec 16, 2012
Abdullahi Ibrahim & Company
45 Haile Selassie Street, Off Thomas Sankara (by ECOWAS Secretariat), Asokoro District, P.O.Box 9285, Garki, Abuja, Abia, Nigeria

Abex Express Parcel Service
29 Isaac John Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Fadeyi, Lagos, Abia, Nigeria

Abfr & Company
13 Military Street, Onikan, Lagos, Abia, Nigeria

Abimbola Nursery & Primary School
207 Igbosere Road, Lagos Island, Abia, Nigeria

http://www.businesslist.com.ng/state/abia
hahahaha Ibo 419 at its best!! grin grin
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ba7man(m): 6:07am On Dec 16, 2012
I seriously want to start supporting the Biafran cause. I want Biafra realized so that over-population in the West can be put in Check and those large rowdy markets can be replaced with Shopping malls......But i seriously doubt that a lot of Igbos will return home even if Biafra is realized.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ak47mann(m): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2012
Mr man once biafra is declared ,watch and see investment trooping in from different parts f the world.The thing is that in the whole country only in igboland u see Europeans and Asians,and american investors,this is what they have been praying for, and most of them prefer to stay in the east,am not lying to you,u need to come out from ur local area and visit east and ur mouth will drop open.This time around SE is on a different level trust me,igbos will leave lagos in drove even worst than abiola days,once they see their economy going bigger and bigger lagos will turn to ghost town.You will watching the new country only on television smiley

So i welcome ur support cool
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by geez1: 6:42am On Dec 16, 2012
Did I not say this thread will cause sleeplessness among Biafrans? I hit the sack 12:15am, woke up and it's gone 2 pages longer. Good morning
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by geez1: 6:48am On Dec 16, 2012
ak47mann: Mr man once biafra is declared ,watch and see investment trooping in from different parts f the world.The thing is that in the whole country only in igboland u see Europeans and Asians,and american investors,this is what they have been praying for, and most of them prefer to stay in the east,am not lying to you,u need to come out from ur local area and visit east and ur mouth will drop open.This time around SE is on a different level trust me,igbos will leave lagos in drove even worst than abiola days,once they see their economy going bigger and bigger lagos will turn to ghost town.You will watching the new country only on television smiley

If it will happen when it's declared, we should have started seeing the signs now. With the dearth of infrastructure that can't even support all the Biafrans presently residing there how can they not support all those that will be displaced from other parts of Nigeria where they presently reside? You say we should visit the SE to see these things but despite all 'these things', none if your states is still as productive as Oyo. As a matter of fact, the GDP of the SW is more than twice that of the SE and even minus the GDP of Lagos, its still higher
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

To the average easterner, traveling to Lagos is like traveling to London. You need to see the excitement on their faces when they arrive their airports to board Lagos bound planes but if we should keep to the topic, I want to ask you Biafrans how many people from Oyo state live in Enugu compared to the number of people from Enugu in Ibadan. You keep dissing the land and your brothers never stop rushing and filling up spaces in buses heading for the SW. Isn't it ironic?
dey r plenty @ Enugu,selling moi-moi in d evenings. But seriously,u shd stop disgracing urselves by dese posts, dey av nothing to do with d topic. I tot u ppl shd b hapi but here u are soundin bitter. Hia
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 16, 2012
ak47mann: Mr man once biafra is declared ,watch and see investment trooping in from different parts f the world.The thing is that in the whole country only in igboland u see Europeans and Asians,and american investors,this is what they have been praying for, and most of them prefer to stay in the east,am not lying to you,u need to come out from ur local area and visit east and ur mouth will drop open.This time around SE is on a different level trust me,igbos will leave lagos in drove even worst than abiola days,once they see their economy going bigger and bigger lagos will turn to ghost town.You will watching the new country only on television smiley

They think making noise will make igbos less self reliant. Allow dem to cry. Dey r nt ashamed dt dey r rubbing shoulders with people dt started frm scratch frm 40yrs ago. Talk GDP up n down, d GDPs r nt contributed by private yoruba individuals unlike in d east.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by geez1: 7:55am On Dec 16, 2012
ngozievergreen:
dey r plenty @ Enugu,selling moi-moi in d evenings. But seriously,u shd stop disgracing urselves by dese posts, dey av nothing to do with d topic. I tot u ppl shd b hapi but here u are soundin bitter. Hia

Maybe you should,review the thread. Your people came here ranting and trying to discredit the state which is more productive than any SE state
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Biafrarep(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2012
MegaMan2020:

Is that why Igbos would prefer to live in the North and SW? Common shut up your stupid mouth. The East is badly is badly underdeveloped. You and I both know this. Aba, Abia State resembles Somalia. Can the East really compare with the South West?
Ignorance is not bliss brother, Aba is the second most industrialized city in Nigeria. Now go to this site and become enlightened. http://www.businesslist.com.ng
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by demmy(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2012
Biafra rep: Ignorance is not bliss brother, Aba is the second most industrialized city in Nigeria. Now go to this site and become enlightened. http://www.businesslist.com.ng

Oh really??

Abdullahi Ibrahim & Company
45 Haile Selassie Street, Off Thomas Sankara (by ECOWAS Secretariat), Asokoro District, P.O.Box 9285, Garki, Abuja, Abia, Nigeria

http://www.businesslist.com.ng/state/abia

Abex Express Parcel Service
29 Isaac John Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Fadeyi, Lagos,Abia, Nigeria

Abfr & Company
13 Military Street, Onikan, Lagos, Abia, Nigeria

Abimbola Nursery & Primary School
207 Igbosere Road, Lagos Island, Abia, Nigeria

And:
Abundant Life Gospel Church
34, Omuma Road, Aba, Abia, Nigeria

Shandong Tiansheng Machinery Co.,ltd.
tiansheng road, Aba, Abuja, Nigeria
http://www.businesslist.com.ng/company/149781/shandong-tiansheng-machinery-coltd

SINOTRUK
Wuyingshan Zhong Road, Aba, Lagos, Nigeria
http://www.businesslist.com.ng/company/148092/sinotruk

Abia 419 companies

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ak47mann(m): 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

Maybe you should,review the thread. Your people came here ranting and trying to discredit the state which is more productive than any SE state
oyo is not financially stable my friend,just prove to me how much the state generate per capital from her internal revenue expenditure, you are not talking to an illiterate,bragging and showing some fraudulent facts does not hold water.my friend.I have told you about my own state controlling the biggest market in Africa,this is why nigerian police always pray to be transferred to my area because by the time he serve one or two yrs he will build a house in his place and buy a car,do u no why? because FACTS have proved that nigerian police makes billions of naira a year from bribery and corruption from my state and they collect those money from common citizens in the state..If they try that in oyo the state will not survive it because "individually" cannot afford bribing police on a regular basis....

So were did u get ur GDP from?is not from financial times,is from ur Yoruba brethren, of course he will bring bogus claims as usual... go and find a recognized source and come back cool
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by geez1: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2012
ak47mann: oyo is not financially stable my friend,just prove to me how much the state generate per capital from her internal revenue expenditure, you are not talking to an illiterate,bragging and showing some fraudulent facts does not hold water.my friend.I have told you about my own state controlling the biggest market in Africa,this is why nigerian police always pray to be transferred to my area because by the time he serve one or two yrs he will build a house in his place and buy a car,do u no why? because FACTS have proved that nigerian police makes billions of naira a year from bribery and corruption from my state and they collect those money from common citizens in the state..If they try that in oyo the state will not survive it because "individually" cannot afford bribing police on a regular basis....

So were did u get ur GDP from?is not from financial times,is from ur Yoruba brethren, of course he will bring bogus claims as usual... go and find a recognized source and come back cool

Below is the IGR for states in Nigeria. Oyo and Ogun state's IGR double the IGR of all states in the SE except Abia which is still behind. You're so illusioned. Eediot! Oyo and Ogun are more industrialized than any state in the SE

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0AsNUaGBnBF1KdFpfNEVNNDYtSzBhRk1HT2tuRDlMUFE&hl=en_US&gid=2

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2012
Yorubas should be more concern about the N20 okro and 20liters of palm oil dey will be eating for the rest of their miserable lifetime. Dirty pigs.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by geez1: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2012
uihebom: Yorubas should be more concern about the N20 okro and 20liters of palm oil dey will be eating for the rest of their miserable lifetime. Dirty pigs.

Your life will be miserable for the rest of it if for any reason you or any member of your family makes a living from, lives in or transacts business in the SW

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by MegaMan2020: 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2012
Biafra rep: Ignorance is not bliss brother, Aba is the second most industrialized city in Nigeria. Now go to this site and become enlightened. http://www.businesslist.com.ng

it's not ignore to say what we all know. Aba is an eyesore and a disgrace to Igboland.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by PaulJohn1: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Wondering...
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ak47mann(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
geez*:

Below is the IGR for states in Nigeria. Oyo and Ogun state's IGR double the IGR of all states in the SE except Abia which is still behind. You're so illusioned. Eediot! Oyo and Ogun are more industrialized than any state in the SE

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0AsNUaGBnBF1KdFpfNEVNNDYtSzBhRk1HT2tuRDlMUFE&hl=en_US&gid=2

this is the reason why i dont chat with slowpokes, how can you send a fraudulent article? so why are you crying marginalization with all your industrial estates in ogun and oyo,apart from lagos their is no other city that hold amount of banking and commerce than onitsha,why is that?am not a 10 yrs old u no,your statistical proved nothing,the reason why is "first" northern governors are crying that their economy is going towards collapsing and going by individuals in the north 60% are poor followed by SW in poverty rate.

Is still doesn't add up,in economic sense because in the other hand northerners are asking for more money while SW are crying for marginalization....

below
http://www.triumphnewspapers.com/our21102008.html

your ACN party is even screaming that the poverty rate is getting out of hand....
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=poverty%20rating%20in%20nigeria%20by%20regions&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CFEQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2012%2F03%2Facn-raises-alarm-over-worsening-poverty-level-in-nigeria%2F&ei=Us3NUMbDCe2z0QWewYGgCQ&usg=AFQjCNE1N-Cewgr3pN8EplOWTYFmwpgRcg

https://www.nairaland.com/371485/regional-poverty-nigeria-north-south-west#5182089 cool
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Abagworo(m): 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2012
MegaMan2020:

it's not ignore to say what we all know. Aba is an eyesore and a disgrace to Igboland.

There is no city in the Southwest better than Aba, apart from Lagos. Your judgement is rather based on pictures of bad areas posted by Abians who are frank in criticizing their non-performing Governor. You hide under the cloak of pride and tribalism and live in those backard cities of Oshogbo, Ogbomosho, Ibadan, Ife, Ilesha, Abeokuta etc. And refuse to show the world how bad the situation is.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by geez1: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
By the time the SW is screaming poverty, just realize that the SE is already desolate with destitution. Everyone knows that in Nigeria the marginalization chant is a quest for political and not economic relevance. Lagos, Oyo ad Ogun still remain more industrialized than any state in the SE, the poverty and unemployment rates in the SW is way lower. The GDPs and IGRs of the states are higher. How come your so called industrialization has no effect on your GDP and government's IGR? This easily explains the rush to the SW by your people and why less Yorubas are interested in traveling to the barren lands of the east

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Buhari, Amaechi, Others Attending Council Of State Meeting / Governor Hope Uzodinma Inspects Construction Of Oguta Naval Base / I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.