Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? (13385 Views)

***I Just Had My First Kiss In 2016 *** Boo's Lips Is So Succulent.. PIX / Do Nigerian Couples Kiss In Public?? / Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Iaz93: 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
k2039: It depends on their age, a parent can kiss in front of children above age 18 years also children below age 3.

If I catch my parent kissing, I will just give them a thumb up.

My point, for small kids, kissing shouldnt be tolerated, the kids will think it's the right thing to do.

For youths like us, yes they can kiss, atleast it gives us the impression they still love each other and also that they are still romantic to each other.
GBAM!!! *smiling*
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by RedLight1: 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
omotola1: No! No!! No!!!
Don‘t teach children bad things.
You may think they are children, but their senses are as active as yours too.
when did kissing becomes a bad thing? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by vanstanzy(m): 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
To me there's nothing wrong with it, as long as u make efforts to explain the meaning behind kissing. Make them know that kissing should be for the right reasons and not for the wrong ones.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by TeenageMoney(m): 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
OCTAVO: It amazes me to know that some parents do this.
Is this right?

There are diff. Kinds of kisses... Which do u mean?
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by SAFO(m): 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
Depends on what type of kissing your referring too. I highly doubt anyone would think it appropriate for pops to come home and tongue down moms right in the living room .... maybe except for REALITY101 grin
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by lovejo(m): 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2012
From my own experience I think parent should try and do this without kids attention. There was a time when I was just like 15 yrs old and i carried a kid on my chest that can not be more than 2 yrs old and before i know she gave me a deep kiss, sincerely I never kissed anyone before that incident and I don't know what to do and I think she did what her sister normally do to her to me, and she can do it to anyone out of her ignorance and some people can not be trusted with kids.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2012
Observing all these protocols like not kissing infront of the kids and all,is one of the reasons why most marriages are romantically epileptic.I kiss,hug and smooch lightly when ever I feel like it.Timing and rescheduling sex because of kids is bad enough abeg!!!!!.They should learn that married people do that.

I always tell my sons whenever they catch us"That's what you do with your wife,ok?".They actually nod,whether they understand or not,I don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Curlyjay(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
after wedding day, i wonder how many nigerian couples who still do kiss.
Dnt see anyfn wrong with it though.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
@lovejo,the kid did that because an adult did it to her.she didn't learn it by just watching her parents,she was practicing too.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
byvan: Observing all these protocols like not kissing infront of the kids and all,is one of the reasons why most marriages are romantically epileptic.I kiss,hug and smooch lightly when ever I feel like it.Timing and rescheduling sex because of kids is bad enough abeg!!!!!.They should learn that married people do that.

I always tell my sons whenever they catch us"That's what you do with your wife,ok?".They actually nod, whether they understand or not,I don't know.
Imagine the bolded.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by ABsI1: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
We sleep on d same bed wit our 6 year old twin boys,believe me i YANSH my wife on dat same bed. What about dat?

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by lovejo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
byvan: @lovejo,the kid did that because an adult did it to her.she didn't learn it by just watching her parents,she was practicing too.

Yes probably i agreed, not by what she saw but what some of her big sisters do to her constantly and she do it back to anyone that carry her.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2012
AB$I:
We sleep on d same bed wit our 6 year old twin boys,believe me i YANSH my wife on dat same bed. What about dat?
Do dey see you yanshing each other?
I mean like they might be deep asleep.
That‘s not a good idea though.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by SeunPlus(f): 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
I don't see anything serious in my husband kissing before my kids. Afterall, children are being kissed by their parents too.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2012
I have kissed plenty times in front of the kids
When he travels they see us hug and kiss before he leaves
When he returns they see me kiss him at the door As he steps in
Kissing is ok
No tongues of course
But showing affection not in a raunchy manner in front of the kids is no biggie
It is good for them to know you love each other after all they hear when you have an argument too grin

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
AB$I:

That is just nasty
Very very nasty
Do you live in a one room face me I face you or what?
6 yr old is way too old to do such,you think they don't know what's going on
You will come home one day and see Taiwo humping Kehinde

3 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by leonshom(m): 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2012
Kini big deal !
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by hammedabu68(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
That does not make any sense kiss in front of ur children wat if their parent see them outside kissing what will they say except they are keeping bad company, they don't know they are the one that teach all that.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by IYANGBALI: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
Its good to kiss and fok before them,if we do not do it how would they learn the differernt styles
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
paranorman: [size=16pt]Kids Less than 12,nope. Kids more than 12,only a peck. For the 18 above....like they care about it...[/size]
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by RedLight1: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Its good to kiss and fok before them,if we do not do it how would they learn the differernt styles
choiiiiiiii
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by ABsI1: 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2012
babyosisi:

That is just nasty
Very very nasty
Do you live in a one room face me I face you or what?
6 yr old is way too old to do such,you think they don't know what's going on
You will come home one day and see Taiwo humping Kehinde
they are of d same sex and we live in a 5 bedroom bungalow-ours. We love dem around us always
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by UjSizzle(f): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
My lil cousin(female) 4yrs of age once wanted to practise a French kiss on me, well she didn't get d idea that it wasn't just about letting ur lips touch while constantly changing the angle of ur head, but it was definitely a French kiss in practise. When i asked where she learned it she pointed to the tv undecided...i gave 2wks tv ban and a lot of lectures *sigh*

is this on front page?
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by johndavid1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Its good to kiss and fok before them,if we do not do it how would they learn the differernt styles
Red-Light:
choiiiiiiii
Diz one pass choii na Awo lanu muah!!!! cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
AB$I:
they are of d same sex and we live in a 5 bedroom bungalow-ours. We love dem around us always

Not on the bed please and not at night when you and your wife are making love
You are not doing them any favors
Allow them to grow up to be well adjusted young children and adults and part of that is sending them to sleep in their own rooms on their own beds at night with a structured bed time
You will raise healthy well adjusted kids by so doing who will grow up independent
That is what you want
You don't want to raise kids that will cling to you for life
They need to be their own individuals
Stop it now before it is too late
We played with the kids and tell stories while they lay on our bed but when the clock strikes 9 they kiss us and head to their rooms for the night
Children need structure and it starts early on.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by DrMuzungu(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
Why the he11 not?

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by ABsI1: 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
babyosisi:

Not on the bed please and not at night when you and your wife are making love
You are not doing them any favors
Allow them to grow up to be well adjusted young children and adults and part of that is sending them to sleep in their own rooms on their own beds at night with a structured bed time
You will raise healthy well adjusted kids by so doing who will grow up independent
That is what you want
You don't want to raise kids that will cling to you for life
They need to be their own individuals
Stop it now before it is too late
We played with the kids and tell stories while they lay on our bed but when the clock strikes 9 they kiss us and head to their rooms for the night
Children need structure and it starts early on.
thanks. All that will change from tonite. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2012
@poster
there is absolutely nothing wrong with parents kissing in front of children. just because you are shy like that shouldnt be a reason to force others to be inadequate like you.

as if there was ever anything wrong with children kissing, lol!
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Saluman(m): 4:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
Parents should kiss jo. But not too romantic or "oversexy"

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by dollydolly(f): 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
byvan: Observing all these protocols like not kissing infront of the kids and all,is one of the reasons why most marriages are romantically epileptic.I kiss,hug and smooch lightly when ever I feel like it.Timing and rescheduling sex because of kids is bad enough abeg!!!!!.They should learn that married people do that.

I always tell my sons whenever they catch us"That's what you do with your wife,ok?".They actually nod,whether they understand or not,I don't know.
Guy u are very funny. grin

Guy u are very funny.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by KateSpade(f): 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
since when was a peck not a kiss?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Been To A Brothel? Share Your Xperience. / This Girl Came To My House Last Night And Left This (photos} / All Men Cheat, Agree Or Disagree? Then Disprove Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.