Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,165 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:52 PM

Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? (13397 Views)

***I Just Had My First Kiss In 2016 *** Boo's Lips Is So Succulent.. PIX / Do Nigerian Couples Kiss In Public?? / Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by oluwalexxy(m): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2012
How dis one take affect d price of garri 4 market? Abeqi next topic!
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by maumau1: 11:57am On Dec 16, 2012
i normally give my husband peck when going out and coming in infront of my 3 years old. last easter after we came back from church i was sitting on my husbands lap kissing him on the lips and my 3years old son was was infront of us and all he did was to laugh with so much happiness i also kissed him. i think it makes the children fond of their parents.... is beter for kids to see their parents kiss than fighting each other.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
the problem on this subject is not whether people kiss or not in front of children (to each their own), it is the fact that some people out there want to force the masses to believe that it is actually WRONG, simply because they have a problem with such act.

when did kissing become something negative? when did showing your love and affection to your spouse (in front of your kids) became something negative? what kind of inadequate parents are out there that they cannot explain to their children that there are some things that are made for adults and not children.

whats next? we shouldnt cook in front of children because children will imitate us and turn on the gas? we shouldnt light a match because children will do the same and burn the house down? we shouldnt drink beer because children will do the same? we shouldnt show affection in front of children because they will show affection to anyone and everyone? the solution to this subject is simply to EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN the right way, et voila!

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by MrsChima(f): 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2012
kieryn: African typically shy away from PDA include kissing in front of their kids. There absolutely nothing wrong with parents kissing in front of their kids. to keep it in perspective what kids learn at home is what they take to their home when they get older. I'm in disbelieve that people think kissing will corrupt kids mind wow theres going to be a generation of people who don't no how, when and to whom to show affection to. trust and believe kids will learn about kissing 1 way or another.Parents that show appropriate display of affection teach that affection can be shown between two people that care and love each other. As long as parents can draw a line btw showing love and lovemaking there nothing detrimental ab kissing in front of kids.

I have seen many African couples look down on nonAfrican couples as if they took their last yams! Public display of affection teaches visual comfort.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by freecocoa(f): 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Eeekwa...you turned out alright ? grin
Before nko? I turned out alright as far as I'm concerned and whatever any other person says doesn't count grin.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by blackbeau1(f): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
Its not Right.if they learn it from the media,that's their buisness but do your duty
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by gabbytabby: 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
Many parents lack an ability to demonstrate affection because they never experienced it and that is why the OP might feel the need to react in this way.

Teach your children in the safety of your home what is acceptable behaviour. If kissing is not an acceptable behaviour then dont teach them, if screwing around town and having children doted around is then teach them that. If having so many kids when you know you cant feed them is please demonstrate that to them.It is your call.I generally abhor hypocrisy and our people are master of it.

Some adults grow up and look back and try to give to their children some of the things they wish they had and some continue the same circle. Home is meant to be a nurturing and loving environment, a place where you can rely on family to have your back, support, be loyal to one another and be at peace with your part of the world so its natural for people to hug and kiss people who make being in this world a happy place to be. If your home is not that kind of environment then its understandable that you will have a problem with a kiss or peck.

Dont worry too much when it comes to raising children, a kiss or peck is the least of your problems.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by dereborn(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
am of d opinion dat both kissin & peckin shud b done out of their sight.we ar in a dynamic & jet age wer children normally replicate wat dey see,hear on daily basis.so,b conscious of ur habit ....

2 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by baggy4luv(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
AB$I:
We sleep on d same bed wit our 6 year old twin boys,believe me i YANSH my wife on dat same bed. What about dat?
u be yam
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by pinkkystel(f): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
djeezy: Train up a children well and kissing in front of them would not have any bad effect on them but a simple perk would be preferable if you still think it will impair them.

Correct your self- train up a child and not children
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
^Even “perk“ should be peck.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
OCTAVO:
Aha... We ve a misunderstanding here, who‘s correcting ur english? Do i even ve time for that? Seriously, u are shallow minded.
I was only calling ur attention to the fact that u explained why you kiss to ur children and u are not sure if dey understood.
Simple!
Do i ve to simplify this for u to understand?
Yuck!

Go to bed Mr deep minded.You are barely making any sense.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
-

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stealing Someone's Wife/Husband. / Can A Woman Demand For Sex From Her Husband And How? / The Funny Story That Broke The Internet: You Will Surely Laugh (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.