Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,161 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:46 PM

Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? (13396 Views)

***I Just Had My First Kiss In 2016 *** Boo's Lips Is So Succulent.. PIX / Do Nigerian Couples Kiss In Public?? / Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Its good to kiss and fok before them,if we do not do it how would they learn the differernt styles

Keep up the good work madam

Shior ..... *Smh*
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by deadlyvirus: 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2012
NO IS NOT GOOD AT ALL BECAUSE WHEN YOU DID IT YOU WILL THINK YOUR CHILDREND WILL NOT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WITH THAT KISSING BUT ONE DAY THEY WILL TRY IT ANOTHER PERSON CHILD,SO FOR ME ANYTHING WRONG LIKE THAT DONT DO IT PRESENT OF YOUR CHILD HIDE IT IS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR WIFE OR HUSBAND,RESPECT YOURSELF FOR YOUR CHILDREND
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
deadlyvirus: NO IS NOT GOOD AT ALL BECAUSE WHEN YOU DID IT YOU WILL THINK YOUR CHILDREND WILL NOT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WITH THAT KISSING BUT ONE DAY THEY WILL TRY IT ANOTHER PERSON CHILD,SO FOR ME ANYTHING WRONG LIKE THAT DONT DO IT PRESENT OF YOUR CHILD HIDE IT IS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR WIFE OR HUSBAND,RESPECT YOURSELF FOR YOUR CHILDREND

1) Is it wrong for your children to know that you kiss your wife because you love her?
2) dont you kiss your children too?
3) dont you teach your children the right and wrong of life?
4) why dont you simply explain to them that this is what adults do when they care for one another (as they will surely see others do it)?
5) why hide something as beautiful as a kiss?
6) when did kissing your loving partner became "something wrong"?

4 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by MrsChima(f): 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2012
My husband and I share a kiss in front of anyone including children. We do it respectfully. We save the raw stuff behind closed bedroom doors.

3 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by IYANGBALI: 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2012
ghettodreamz:

Keep up the good work madam

Shior ..... *Smh*
same to you ode who has no single sense of humour

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by IYANGBALI: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
john david: Diz one pass choii na Awo lanu muah!!!! cry cry cry
thank you jare
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2012
paranorman: Kids Less than 12,nope. Kids more than 12,only a peck. For the 18 above....like they care about it...
yap:-)totally agree
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by ijebabe: 6:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
shocked shocked Did someone refer to kissing as a bad thing!! I am not saying to have a make out session in front of the kids but kissing is not a bad and dirty thing that should be hidden. It's only an expression of love in the home. Why would seeing your parents kiss turn you in to a fanatic or even turn you on If you have a sick mind, you have a sick mind don't blame it on silly things like seeing parents kiss. What kind of people do we have in Nigeria undecided
Na wa o! I can only thank my God for the little favours!

3 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by UyiIredia(m): 6:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

3 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by temmysoremekun(f): 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
If the children are still very young den i don't support it at all..but if d children are of age like 20 A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ above den there is nothing wrong with that. Just that parents shd apply caution in doing this

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by andyanders: 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2012
[b]Well it all depends. To me, It is a white man syndrome as they see nothing in it and hence their attitude.
As Africans, kissing your wife in the presence of your children will tell them there is nothing wrong in it.In some homes, you find same siblings practicing same thing they learnt from their parents within themselves and gets easily carried over when a young lady who sees nothing wrong getting loose at a tender age and they start developing fixtures rapidly. when a young girl start kissing, her hormones start developing faster and the result might be early pregnancy if they go beyond kissing to the actual act.
In some homes, you see most of the children of these parents that practice this act bringing home the opposite sex in the name of family friend and they get lost in some kind of acts they learnt from their parents.
There was a very bad case where went I visiting a family friend at Ikoyi and the little young boys 6/7yrs old ran to me and greeted me and I asked after their parents and this kids told me that mummy and daddy were doing inside their room. I waited for them in the living room and the two boys were running up and down laughing from the stair case up and down and later both walked to me that their mother and father were holding themselves and they started demonstrating what they were doing and I had to scold them and told them not to go upstairs again as they live in a duplex. From their demonstration, I knew that they were having intimacy.

So, these children learn and practice what they see us doing. So if you smoke, your children will see nothing wrong in that and will equally do same more than you. If you drink alcohol at home, your children will see nothing bad about it and equally will drink more than you. So one has to be careful in what we display in the presence of our children.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by nuelkaosi(m): 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
Considering that we are africans, I cn say itz nt very proper bt if u wana raise ur kids the way of the whites, then itz very ok.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
@OCTAVO,Stick ur grammer correction bout to your classroom and don't be a fool.If u mentally change "Understand" to "understood",will u be brain deadClassic Olodo!!!!!!Stick to the damned topic and stink off my post.Bloody African trying to be more British than the queen,mmtcheeeeewwww!!!!!
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
[quote author=OCTAVO]
Imagine the bolded.[/quote

@OCTAVO,Stick ur grammer correction bout to your classroom and don't be a fool.If u mentally change "Understand" to "understood" or even "comprehend",will u be brain deadClassic Olodo!!!!!!Stick to the damned topic and stink off my post.Bloody African trying to be more British than the queen,mmtcheeeeewwww!!!!!

The essence of language is communication,period!!!!!!
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by KateSpade(f): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
andyanders: [b]Well it all depends. To me, It is a white man syndrome as they see nothing in it and hence their attitude.
As Africans, kissing your wife in the presence of your children will tell them there is nothing wrong in it.In some homes, you find same siblings practicing same thing they learnt from their parents within themselves and gets easily carried over when a young lady who sees nothing wrong getting loose at a tender age and they start developing fixtures rapidly. when a young girl start kissing, her hormones start developing faster and the result might be early pregnancy if they go beyond kissing to the actual act.
In some homes, you see most of the children of these parents that practice this act bringing home the opposite sex in the name of family friend and they get lost in some kind of acts they learnt from their parents.
There was a very bad case where went I visiting a family friend at Ikoyi and the little young boys 6/7yrs old ran to me and greeted me and I asked after their parents and this kids told me that mummy and daddy were doing inside their room. I waited for them in the living room and the two boys were running up and down laughing from the stair case up and down and later both walked to me that their mother and father were holding themselves and they started demonstrating what they were doing and I had to scold them and told them not to go upstairs again as they live in a duplex. From their demonstration, I knew that they were having intimacy.

So, these children learn and practice what they see us doing. So if you smoke, your children will see nothing wrong in that and will equally do same more than you. If you drink alcohol at home, your children will see nothing bad about it and equally will drink more than you. So one has to be careful in what we display in the presence of our children.[/b]

not all kissing is sexually based. Kissing is a sign of affection. Whether its a husband kissing his wife or a mother kissing her baby.

Also, your notion of kissing will make a young girls hormones develop faster is stupid. Its up to parents to educate their children on what is right and wrong, and then ultimately its up to the child to make their own decision.

I wonder what makes many young males so Hot, they must've all witnessed their parents having sex.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by simdam500(m): 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2012
Neva saw dem kissed b4, although......... But i get moved to ave 1 sumday whenever i watch movie
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2012
byvan: @OCTAVO,Stick ur grammer correction bout to your classroom and don't be a fool.If u mentally change "Understand" to "understood",will u be brain deadClassic Olodo!!!!!!Stick to the damned topic and stink off my post.Bloody African trying to be more British than the queen,mmtcheeeeewwww!!!!!
Aha... We ve a misunderstanding here, who‘s correcting ur english? Do i even ve time for that? Seriously, u are shallow minded.
I was only calling ur attention to the fact that u explained why you kiss to ur children and u are not sure if dey understood.
Simple!
Do i ve to simplify this for u to understand?
Yuck!
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2012
It dependz a lot on the kinda kiss. An affectionate and lovinq peck or kiss don't seem so bad. The sensual kind should be saved for later in d um...bedroom.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2012
In moderation.
They shouldn't be "french kissing" in front of their kids tongue
but a peck is cool. smiley It's all about respect.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
My husband and I share a kiss in front of anyone including children. We do it respectfully. We save the raw stuff behind closed bedroom doors.

that's what I'm talking about sis. cool
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Ferdinandu(m): 12:51am On Dec 16, 2012
what you try to hide from children to stop them from knowing always have the negative effect.it always increase their interest to know why ,how ,when and where.When i was growing up ,watching movies in my house was so censored that we can only watch cartoons and it must be bought by my parents or else there will be Heaven and Hell.That only increased my interest in seeking out any type of movies to watch at any available available safe time

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:00am On Dec 16, 2012
freecocoa: My parents were the first people I ever saw kiss, it wasn't french kiss with tongue and saliva though, they used to kiss lightly in our presence and we(my siblings and I) turned out alright as far as I can tell.

Eeekwa...you turned out alright ? grin
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by True2myself24(f): 1:22am On Dec 16, 2012
Why not? It's healthy for kids to see their parents showing affection. It gives them a sense of security. All other sexual acts should be done in private, but a little kiss here and there is harmless.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by kieryn(f): 2:39am On Dec 16, 2012
African typically shy away from PDA include kissing in front of their kids. There absolutely nothing wrong with parents kissing in front of their kids. to keep it in perspective what kids learn at home is what they take to their home when they get older. I'm in disbelieve that people think kissing will corrupt kids mind wow theres going to be a generation of people who don't no how, when and to whom to show affection to. trust and believe kids will learn about kissing 1 way or another.Parents that show appropriate display of affection teach that affection can be shown between two people that care and love each other. As long as parents can draw a line btw showing love and lovemaking there nothing detrimental ab kissing in front of kids.

3 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by redsun(m): 2:56am On Dec 16, 2012
It is way more comforting and reassuring to children than two parents that are always nagging and fighting before children.

It helps to shape the children's outlook to love and appreciate,instead of fighting and hitting.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Ladytemi(f): 4:49am On Dec 16, 2012
Nothing is wrong with giving each other a peck but full make out should saved for the bedroom. What is wrong with showing your children what happens in a healthy relationship.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by plendil: 6:54am On Dec 16, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Eeekwa...you turned out alright ? grin

as far as she can tell. . . grin grin

@OP, simple hug and pecck should suffice to express whatever love the couple wants.

Just wondering though, why is there a need to show them that you love each other, and of all the ways possible, its kissing that seems most appropriate?

I never saw my parents do the saliva swapping thingy, but never had the slightest doubt that they loved each other.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by pendusky(m): 7:00am On Dec 16, 2012
Village chaps sees this as wrong, I Nathing wrong wit thatz!!
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by PrinceChibueze1(m): 8:09am On Dec 16, 2012
It's very bad.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by PrinceChibueze1(m): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2012
Why should u kiss in the presence of ur children?. It doesnt make sense.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by vascey(m): 10:06am On Dec 16, 2012
It depends...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Girl Came To My House Last Night And Left This (photos} / Stealing Someone's Wife/Husband. / Can A Woman Demand For Sex From Her Husband And How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.