Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,589 members, 7,951,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

Another Minute With Nigerian Men! - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Another Minute With Nigerian Men! (6476 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Obsessed With Nigerian Girls? / My Love And Hate Relationship With Nigerian Men! / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by HottFunmi: 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2008
Nigerian men againnn!!!!!!

Yes, if you don't sharpen them, they'll remain blunt forever. Are we not helping them?
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2008
HottFunmi:

Yes, if you don't sharpen them, they'll remain blunt forever. Are we not helping them?

lol grin grin
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2008
HottFunmi:

he he he he he grin

You are too funny!  But true word.  Mine is still undegoing sharpening.  Some bluntness cannot be sharpened. cheesy
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2008
And U nko, no sharpening @ ur end abi.

D-reloaded:

yet you cry about women generalising. Osisi and AJ are married yet they too somewhat agree [/b]with the topic so what is your point? Your logic just blew up in your face.

Somewhat agree They are happy with the men they have married and like I said b4 , that is the only men they can rightfully pass judgement on in terms of marriage.
Apart from Leilah, most [b]married
women here have expressed satisfaction with what they got. Latest in addition is yvsk.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2008
We do not have pencils to sharpen.  We only have sharpeners! kiss

Yes, most have expressed satisfaction with what they got because we do not have a choice but to be satisfied. grin  What do you want us to tell you? shocked  That we made a mistake? tongue

BTW, we do not have to be in the bedroom with others to know what is going on.  We can observe from long range.  We have brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and so on who are Nigerians living around us. We also have "other" races married to Nigerian men to make enough of a qualitative analysis.

You do not tell a deaf man that there is war in town! wink
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2008
Hahahahahahahaha. Now I know u are kidding. From ur posts, I kind of gather that u wont leave ur man for anyone else. Now U and Osisi have to help disabuse the minds of our single ladies. U are always gonna have problems in marriage (be it a black, white or green man), all U have to do is to work thru ur problems instead of crying wolf all the time.

U too are not perfect, u know and ur husband still dey hang around. So?
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2008
Oh boy, make you stick to the topic. cheesy

Why do Nigerian men treat other women from "other races" differently? Are you denying it? That you have not been guilty of such! tongue
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2008
They recieve equal treatment. Anyway, as far as I know.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2008
Uche2nna:

They recieve equal treatment. Anyway, as far as I know.

Okay! Who are we to dispute? I guess most men will say that--but women receive different vibes. I guess subject to interpretation. I wish we could conduct interview on "the" various subjects.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! tongue
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2008
almondjoy:

I guess subject to interpretation.

Right!!! Cos even the white women always ask same questions. "If I were of the same nationality with him , would he treat me like this" or something in that nature.

Mind games, huh?
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmm! Never saw it like that.

Well let them trade places with us then and see the other side. cheesy

Mindgames? Depends on who is doing the playin'! tongue

We know who that is likely to be.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 9:20am On Feb 22, 2008
. . . . . . And where is "hotty" and the 5th coming? grin
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by 4Play(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2008
Uche2nna:

Somewhat agree They are happy with the men they have married and like I said before , that is the only men they can rightfully pass judgement on in terms of marriage.
Apart from Leilah, most married women here have expressed satisfaction with what they got. Latest in addition is yvsk.

grin grin

Do you expect regular users of Nairaland to come here and say,". . . . . .Nna,make I tell you the truth,my husband is sh*t!" grin

If Nigerian men are "bad",compared to who? For those living in America,would they switch with AA women and have AA male partners as husbands instead?Do they want Latino or Caucasian husbands?
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 12:45am On Feb 23, 2008
Leilah did it cheesy
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 12:55am On Feb 23, 2008
4 Play:

grin grin

Do you expect regular users of Nairaland to come here and say,". . . . . .Nna,make I tell you the truth,my husband is sh*t!" grin

If Nigerian men are "bad",compared to who? For those living in America,would they switch with AA women and have[b] AA male partners[/b] as husbands instead?Do they want Latino or Caucasian husbands?

Thats fair enough.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by HottFunmi: 6:16am On Feb 23, 2008
By 4Play,
Do you expect regular users of Nairaland to come here and say,". . . . . .Nna,make I tell you the truth,my husband is sh*t!"   

If Nigerian men are "bad",compared to who? For those living in America,would they switch with AA women and have AA male partners as husbands instead?Do they want Latino or Caucasian husbands?

Instead of you guys correcting your evil ways, you rather dare your women to look elsewhere. So, many  Nigerian men treat their women like thrash because they feel that nobody else will want them or because they feel Naija women do not have the guts to look elsewhere? 21st century came with a lot of things you know and before you know it, you guys may be history. Update your game else,
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by HottFunmi: 6:18am On Feb 23, 2008
By Uche2nna,
Right!!! Cos even the white women always ask same questions. "If I were of the same nationality with him , would he treat me like this" or something in that nature.

Mind games, huh?
Na waaaah, you must be a total bumplaya if both parties complain about you.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 8:56am On Feb 23, 2008
4 Play:

grin grin

Of course not.  We dare not come out and give you the shitty details. There is a lot of shit alright. cheesy  But hey, you learn to flush it. I personally can never switch places with any race. I have never dated a AA or a white dude--never plan to.  They really have nothing to offer me and I have nothing to offer them, sorry!  I do not think most Nigerian women will do that.  AA women want a change too.  I have not seen many "true born and bred" Nigerian females with AA dudes.  All the ones I know that were married to the AA dudes are ALL divorced!  Go figure!

----Like a said, you do not need to experience certain things for yourself--you can gain experience from others--no need to get the details. Nigerian men can do bad all by themselves and need no comparison, for the make enough case studies to warrant no basis of comparison--AT ALL!!! Just look around you, and you will understand perfectly well what they are all about. There is some comfort with sticking to your own kind. The same reason [b]MOST,[/b]if not ALL Nigerian men still go back home in their "twilight" years to settle down with "the authentic" Nigerian babe.  I have many uncles who have done that.

Most Nigerian men just need to get their acts together that's all and treat Nigerian women better that's all we are saying.  Their cultural and religious hangups just make it impossible to relate to them as boyfriends and spouses, most of the time. . . . . Period! kiss
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 9:09am On Feb 23, 2008
HottFunmi:

It is called culture shock! A phase most go through. Especially if you are dating someone from another race or culture! wink
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 11:50pm On Feb 23, 2008
HottFunmi:

Or maybe it is difficult to keep a woman happy, no matter what race. They always have shit to complain about.

And I am wondering why You are personalising the issue. Abeg replace that you with men grin
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by tpia: 2:26am On Feb 24, 2008
4 Play:

grin grin

If there's no guarantee that a marriage with a Nigerian man will last, then a naija girl might as well marry a non-Nigerian, imo.

When it even comes to naija girls anyway, a lot of naija men get unneccesarily picky, but on the other hand, they're not too particular when dating other nationalities. For their countrywomen most times, they'll want to perform exhaustive investigation and trace her lineage as far back as possible. Not to mention get hiccups at her sexual history. No such nitpicking when they marry a foreigner for either love or green card.

Not saying its a bad thing, but I just don't believe naija guys should have a monopoly on extra-cultural dating/marriage. cool
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 3:17am On Feb 24, 2008
tpia:

If there's no guarantee that a marriage with a Nigerian man will last, then a naija girl might as well marry a non-Nigerian, imo.

When it even comes to naija girls anyway, a lot of naija men get unneccesarily picky, but on the other hand, they're not too particular when dating other nationalities. For their countrywomen most times, they'll want to perform exhaustive investigation and trace her lineage as far back as possible. Not to mention get hiccups at her sexual history. No such nitpicking when they marry a foreigner for either love or green card.

Not saying its a bad thing, but I just don't believe naija guys should have a monopoly on extra-cultural dating/marriage. cool

Is it only Nigerian women that that have hiccups in their sexual histories? undecided  Nothing compared to the portholes in the Naija dudes chequered sexual histories either, child support payments with at least 2 different women. grin  And who are they having sex with if a may ask?  Not these same Nigerian dudes in the recycling plants whereever they live in? cheesy

I don't know about others, nothing really interests me in inter-cultural dating.  I don't think men naija guys have a monopoly on extra-cultural dating.  It is just that most Naija girls are just not interested/adventurous enough to dabble into such experiences.  I am not.  Can you blame them?  The success rates of marriages between naija babes and extra-cultural entities are dismal compared to those between the Naija dudes and their counterparts.  Only because, naija dudes are more resilient to that kind of whether.  And they must survive---you know what I mean? wink
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 3:38am On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

Is it only a Nigerian woman that as hiccups in their sexual histories? undecided Nothing compared to the portholes in the Naija dudes chequered sexual histories either, child support payments with at least 2 different women. grin And who are they having sex with if a may ask? Not these same Nigerian dudes in the recycling plants whereever they live in? cheesy

And they must survive---you know what I mean? wink

****coughs******
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by tpia: 3:48am On Feb 24, 2008
@ almondjoy
Is it only a Nigerian woman that as hiccups in their sexual histories?    Nothing compared to the portholes in the Naija dudes chequered sexual histories either, child support payments with at least 2 different women

I wonder o.

but some of them mind so much when the woman is naija.

If she's not naija, all is forgiven in the spirit of love or green card. undecided

I'm sure all the ones broadcasting their encounters with various types of females and female anatomy, will insist on finding a fresh young innocent soul when they want to marry.  Maybe the guys will even pretend they are virgins sef. undecided
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 4:11am On Feb 24, 2008
Uche2nna:

****coughs******

You know warrrrrrrrrrra mean? wink

tpia:

@ almondjoy

I wonder o.

but some of them mind so much when the woman is naija.

If she's not naija, all is forgiven in the spirit of love or green card. undecided

I'm sure all the ones broadcasting their encounters with various types of females and female anatomy, will insist on finding a fresh young innocent soul when they want to marry. Maybe the guys will even pretend they are virgins sef. undecided

Please don't mention that word "virgin". I am seriously allergic to it. I break out in hives.

Sneezes! cry

Like 2 Naija dudes I know of personally over here both have been married 2ice with four kids from 2 different women under ages 14 respectively.

One has gone to Nigeria to "pay" bride price for one unsuspecting victim of a female over there. Little does she know she is coming over to have her income tax checks garnished every year for child support payments. grin

May God continue to help Naija single ladies!---------------------Amen! cheesy
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 4:54am On Feb 24, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Well, anyways, the naija girls are not as innocent as U are painting them to be.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 5:00am On Feb 24, 2008
Uche2nna:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Well, anyways, the naija girls are not as innocent

you no know b4? we're the sugar in your garri and the (-) in your bank accounts. what more could you guys want? undecided
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by tpia: 5:22am On Feb 24, 2008
Uche2nna:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Well, anyways, the naija girls are not as innocent as You are painting them to be.

not saying they're innocent most times, but are they worse, is the question.

Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by almondjoy(f): 8:08am On Feb 24, 2008
tpia:

not saying they're innocent most times, but are they worse, is the question.

Exactly. A Nigerian lady will never get away with 1/100th of what most Naija dudes get away with anywhere in this world and thanks to the all the members of the '"female" races who place them on such pedestals only to be treated like "poop"! All I can say is thank God I have escaped this mayhem of Naija relationships. You never know what you are going to end up with. It only gets worse. I can see a lot of Nigerians--both male and female remaining single for a very long time. Just too much psychological and emotional baggage!

Thank you father I say! cheesy
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by jgirl3: 8:14am On Feb 24, 2008
I think we should have a school for naija guys where they'll learn the etiquette of how to treat women (Nigerian Queens smiley ). As in, the way some of them treat their girlfriends ehnnnnn! It makes one wonder how they take such crap.

I'm crossing over to the other side as in becoming a nun if one more naija dude gives me unnecessary wahala.
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 10:18am On Feb 24, 2008
If U cant stand Naija men, there are veritable alternatives.

Caucasians, Hispanics, AA, Asians , Jamaicans etc. Just take ur pick. grin
Re: Another Minute With Nigerian Men! by 3viso(m): 10:34am On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

Exactly. A Nigerian lady will never get away with 1/100th of what most Naija dudes get away with anywhere in this world and thanks to the all the members of the '"female" races who place them on such pedestals only to be treated like "poop"! All I can say is thank God I have escaped this mayhem of Naija relationships. You never know what you are going to end up with. It only gets worse. I can see a lot of Nigerians--both male and female remaining single for a very long time. Just too much psychological and emotional baggage!

Thank you father I say! cheesy

I can see that you're not into naija man relationship. How do you feel about non naija treatment sister?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Just Blocked A Female Friend Now Because Of This. / What I Saw In Paris This Morning (pic) / Early Morning Sex Is Bae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.