Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,491 members, 7,951,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:36 AM

Matured Minds Only - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Matured Minds Only (1447 Views)

Nigerian Men Are Not Very Good In Bed (for Matured Minds Only)) / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Officially Ask A Nairalander Out,don't Be Shy We Are All Matured Minds Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matured Minds Only by betran65: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2012
Av been dating this girl for 5yrs now with no regrets and I want to marry her nxt year but my parents would not approve of it cos of her tribe of which I dnt see any reasons with them. Now am determined to go ahead with my plans but going to see her people would require my parents and its making me go crazy or does anyone here have kind and encouraging words for me?
I would let out my details if questions arises
Re: Matured Minds Only by omiobo: 10:05am On Dec 31, 2012
betran65: Av been dating this girl for 5yrs now with no regrets and I want to marry her nxt year but my parents would not approve of it cos of her tribe of which I dnt see any reasons with them. Now am determined to go ahead with my plans but going to see her people would require my parents and its making me go crazy or does anyone here have kind and encouraging words for me?
I would let out my details if questions arises

In this type of situation,you need to take one step a time. What you called love is not love if it's beyond control. I'm of the opinion that you should work things out between you and your parent before going further on this issue. Parents position on issue of marriage matters a lot.
Re: Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 31, 2012
Pls bro, let me give you a very harsh reply..

Pls listen to your parents.. (I didn't say you should dumb the girl).

I know some people would call me names like tribalist.. smiley
Why don't you listen to what they have to say about the characters of the descendants of her tribe.

Most tribes here in Nigeria have issues..I mean bad generational issues.

You may want to say 'oh, I love her'... you see, those that divorced their wives/husbands 2yrs after marriage said the same thing. Love can not, I repeat, can not break generational issues.
Re: Matured Minds Only by betran65: 10:17am On Dec 31, 2012
acidosis™:

Why don't you listen to what they have to say about the characters of the descendants of her tribe.

You may want to say 'oh, I love her'... you see, those that divorced their wives/husbands 2yrs after marriage said the same thing. Love can not, I repeat, can not break generational issues.

My mum said her mum warned her about that tribe and she adhered to it and so her own children must follow same trend,moreover the tribe they allowed her to marry from isn't that good as she tought(my Dad) cos their own marriage too na war.
Re: Matured Minds Only by Akshow: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2012
acidosis™:

there are only two tribes in the world: the good and the bad tribe. A wicked man can label his tribe evil even when it contains a host of angel. @poster the only question i have for you is are you in love with this girl? Is her attitude and general disposition okay for you? Did her own parent accept you? If your answers are Yes i say go ahead pls. Your parents Cant spend the number of years they had spent on this earth again. Dont let your happiness and the love of your life go cos of them cos they wont live your life for you. The best gift parents can give to their children is to love their spouses and trust their judgement

6 Likes

Re: Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 31, 2012
there are only two tribes in the world: the good and the bad tribe. A wicked man can label his tribe evil even when it contains a host of angel.
okay sir smiley
Re: Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2012
betran65:

My mum said her mum warned her about that tribe and she adhered to it and so her own children must follow same trend,moreover the tribe they allowed her to marry from isn't that good as she tought(my Dad) cos their own marriage too na war.

In that case, you have to make them understand your points.. you can also invite uncles & elders in the family... someone would surely support you..

However, do not forget to research on her family history. Where are her sisters? are they happily married? single moms? divorced? how about her in-laws? Whats the marriage like between her dad and mum? are they leaving happily together?

What killed her grandfather, grandmother, or any dead person in her family (do they die young? are causes of death related?)

smiley
Is she hot-tempered? As she ever fought you with kitchen utensils like knife, pot? Does she do that often?

Look beyond the love brother, so you won't have a reason to say, "...Had I know? "If only I listened to my parents"..
Just be calm and draw your plans right.
Re: Matured Minds Only by babysnogls: 11:22am On Dec 31, 2012
Have u tried praying? It works u know(i.e. If she's Gods will 4 u). Wen i was abt to get married, My dad found out my hubby was also AS and he disagreed to d union vehemently but myself and mum prayd seriously dt if ds guy was His will 4 me, He should change my genotype! Believe it or not, it changed! Went 4 a test, told dad i was now AA. He took me to anoda clinic wen he dint believe. Still AA! Rest is history. We've got 2 healthy boys now and planning 3rd. THE LORD IS GOOD!
Re: Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2012
babysnogls: Have u tried praying? It works u know(i.e. If she's Gods will 4 u). Wen i was abt to get married, My dad found out my hubby was also AS and he disagreed to d union vehemently but myself and mum prayd seriously dt if ds guy was His will 4 me, He should change my genotype! Believe it or not, it changed! Went 4 a test, told dad i was now AA. He took me to anoda clinic wen he dint believe. Still AA! Rest is history. We've got 2 healthy boys now and planning 3rd. THE LORD IS GOOD!

Now this a great testimony.. smiley
I'm waiting for the 3rd healthy girl...
Re: Matured Minds Only by babysnogls: 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
acidosis™:

I'l share it, dont worry! wink
acidosis™:

I'l share it, dont worry!wink
Re: Matured Minds Only by olumaxi(m): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
5yrs relatnshp?.mehn,d bal dei 4 ur court o..hey,apart 4rm d tribe tin,wat oda tinz did ur parents say is wrong wit ha?
Re: Matured Minds Only by betran65: 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
olumaxi: 5yrs relatnshp?.mehn,d bal dei 4 ur court o..hey,apart 4rm d tribe tin,wat oda tinz did ur parents say is wrong wit ha?

Religion though we are both christians den she is 2 years older
Re: Matured Minds Only by Ymodulus: 4:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
babysnogls: Have u tried praying? It works u know(i.e. If she's Gods will 4 u). Wen i was abt to get married, My dad found out my hubby was also AS and he disagreed to d union vehemently but myself and mum prayd seriously dt if ds guy was His will 4 me, He should change my genotype! Believe it or not, it changed! Went 4 a test, told dad i was now AA. He took me to anoda clinic wen he dint believe. Still AA! Rest is history. We've got 2 healthy boys now and planning 3rd. THE LORD IS GOOD!

lol! religionist are funny.

AS to AA via prayer? it was a mistake blive me
Re: Matured Minds Only by betran65: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tnx all and those who said I should try talking to my parents fine I will but I know it won't work cos they are not the type who listens theirs is final or it would mean war
Re: Matured Minds Only by nikkyshyne(f): 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2012
Op, you dated her for 5 years. Didn't you know from the beginning your parents were against such tribes?

In as much as it is good to listen to your parents talking to them might help really. Don't you believe in miracles?

You know the girl and perhaps her family better. Just because of some wicked stories heard about her tribe doesn't make every1 the same. Good luck.
Re: Matured Minds Only by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2012
^ ^ I loff your pishure nikky smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Advise Me, I Am New / what kind of love is dis please read 4me!!! / Where Did You Meet Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.