Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,599 members, 7,885,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:23 AM

Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death (93632 Views)

Burial Picture Of Bisi Komolafe / Revealed! How Top Actor Yinka Quadri Caused Bisi Komolafe's Death / Bisi Komolafe Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by slimfit1(m): 1:36am On Jan 03, 2013
ziccoit:

Mr slim fit, are you back in Nigeria now? If yes, pls how many hospital have you visited and stay to observe how things go?

The commonest ailment that force people to the hospital here in Nigeria is malaria especially among the children. Do u know u can successfully treat an uncomplicated malaria with just #250 only with complicated ones ranging between 1-10k depending on what you are dealing with.

Do you know people prefer to engage in self treatment and sit at home because majority does not even have #100 to transport them down to the hospital. When the complication set in, you have them running to see a Dr begging for a free treatment pending when the money would be available.

What you don't know is that a serious effort and lot of sacrifice keep those hospital standing today. Government is not serious and majority of our people are also very poor.

I believe your last salary in that hospital where you were a cleaner would be more than what the majority of Drs are earning today in Nigeria. How do you want a limited resource that is not even enough for the smooth runing of the hospital to go into wall painting?

I get your point but we don't talk then we get what we deserve,everybody civilised world forth for there liberty we are in bondage my people. The position these hold are positions of service not of making money. We make them look like gods so they treat us like slaves let me use this word plebs.
1, have you asked your councillor in your town or where ever he is what he is doing with the huge amount allocated to him what he is going to do with it. Where are the records of past budgets.

2, These people do what they do because they do know they are not accountable to anyone.

3, we don't feel the need to ask but we have every right to do that.

4, look at Egypt infact look at the arab world we don't want to die by the gun yet we die without trying then we die a whatless death then the suffering continues for the owner of dead body then nothing changes, while the rest of the world are living us behind.

1 Like

Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Fhemmmy: 1:44am On Jan 03, 2013
^^^^^ Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by slimfit1(m): 1:47am On Jan 03, 2013
I was watching tv and I saw a newly built hospital to God I said to myself I wouldn't take my dog to that hospital for them to perform trial and error on is body. But the governor was happy about the hospital and I ask my self if this governor's child falls ill will he take his child to that same hospital ? I don't think so but hope one they one of them will fall into that trap. We need to start to reason properly not second hand reasoning seriously.

1 Like

Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by ideylaff: 1:52am On Jan 03, 2013
babyosisi:

That is a teaching hospital ,one of the best in Nigeria
Supposedly where all the specialties that could save her are under one roof
I wonder what she died of
Most deaths in Nigeria are man made and preventable

I told someone that I have been the USA donkey years I have never heard of a woman that died in childbirth or from pregnancy complications
Not a single one I know,co worker o,church member o,friends o,neighbor o
I neither know one or ever heard of one from anyone I know
Yet it is everyday news in Nigeria

My bro I know on 1st hand experience that UCH is a death trap... na reputation be all that "a teaching hospital ,one of the best in Nigeria" its a shadow
of its former self now bro

One of my peeps died of internal bleeding from a minor accident that went on undetected for 3 days..

UCH is a dead place.... bro go and check their mortality rate... u will be down with disgust
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by agiboma(f): 2:00am On Jan 03, 2013
Well if she was pregnant and then the baby was removed to save her life sounds like something that could have been prevented. I have a clinic in PH and TBH the things and condition that most of the women come in is very very scary. Saw a death a few months ago that was also very preventable with proper medical care. Its real sad the health care situation in Nigeria.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 03, 2013
Is that a hospital? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Later some people will say that Nigeria is better than US. If you see the hospital room where my daughter was born, fear go catch you. I couldnt believe that just because of my little daughter being born, all the doctors, nurses, technicians, etc were fully kitted and diverse machinery were put in place, ready to welcome her into this world.

Thunder faya anybody who makes that comment on NL.

3 Likes

Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by vicholas(m): 3:23am On Jan 03, 2013
So sad. R.I.P
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by MacLovington(m): 3:30am On Jan 03, 2013
kandiikane:

It may have been an ectopic pregnancy. Her fallopian tube probably ruptured hence the need to remove the foetus. It's can be very fatal.

Usually, abroad you never really hear about women dying from it because the foetus is removed very early.

From the way she looks, it was probably pre-eclampsia/eclampsia. Especially if first pregnancy.

Perhaps she was being monitored as an in-patient for pre-eclampsia and things got worse.

We don't know if she told doctors she wanted to keep the baby by all means. If she did, maybe they were trying to make baby viable enough (I learnt it's 28 weeks in Naija)before delivery. Delivery of placenta (not just baby)is the only cure for eclampsia BUT even after delivery, a woman is still at risk for some time.

MYTH: people do not die abroad of pregnancy-related problems

TRUTH: People do die but in much much fewer numbers. A woman died a few months ago of a cornual ectopic in a hospital in one of the most popular foreign countries with Naija people. Colleagues were lamenting that it is inexcusable in the 21st century. One doc who was supposed to go and work at the said hospital next changed his mind.

Oh, a pregnant Naija tourist had a lucky escape as she literally collapsed just outside our offices. Luckily one of the best places to be if you're eclamptic! All the pre-eclampsia symptoms were already there in Naija but nobody thought of it! That's a middle class lady able to afford treatment in Naija, what of Mama Nkechi and Iya Lukman, selling Epa ati Bole.

1 Like

Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by MacLovington(m): 3:54am On Jan 03, 2013
I really duff my hat for committed Naija medics in Naija.

They have so little to work with and yet so much is expected. What some of them do is superhuman, especially some old fashioned ones trained by foreign doctors. I still ocassionally bump into some old European doctors (now in their late 70s, 80s) who worked at ABUTH, UCH etc and they rate our doctors very highly.

Politicians have to wake up and fund Federal Heath Service with at least 7 to 10% of GDP and education at similar rate. We are suffering from poor services: even the rich can die or worsen healthwise before Julius Berger can scramble air ambulance from Frankfurt. I have seen it with my nak*d eyes.

Impose a ban on political office holders and family members going abroad for health care. Drastically reduce the bloated and jobless political class.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by dangiwa09(m): 4:17am On Jan 03, 2013
May the soul of the departed rest in peace, and may her family find comfort in memories of her life and trust in God's promise.

Now, what do you guys know about 'Reddington Hospital' and 'Saint Nicholas Hospital', both in Lagos?
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by talktimi(m): 4:29am On Jan 03, 2013
From my own observation, I know that both federal and state govts through the ministry of health releases money to their various hospitals EVERY YEAR but the hospital directors deem it necessary to siphon these monies into their various private pockets. Why will we blame doctors for fleeing the country when a simple case of malaria is treated with white vitamin c and paracetamol all because there are no drugs in the pharmacy. My friend lost his mom last year due to complications arising from a routine operation as simple as fibroid here in Nigeria. I weep for our health care system.

1 Like

Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by bellyjelly: 5:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Rest in peace Madam
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Nobody: 5:30am On Jan 03, 2013
slim fit :
Look the walls matter I'm not going to tell you that I'm a doctor when I worked at a world class hospital I'm not telling you the name of the hospital but its was in Europe. I was a cleaner in the hospital yes I said it and I'm proud of it. I learnt a lot from doctors some of them like chatting with me because I want to learn and see what I can't take home to Nigeria. We where trained about infections and all that everything does matter in an hospital because a patient can touch the walls and it can Leed to anything most infection which could be dangerious if you don't know now you know.

There's absolutely no shame in that. Thanks for sharing. I'm currently a volunteer at an intensive care unit. The knowledge I've gained from unpaid work alone is unbelievable.

Abortion to save her life? Like Kandiikane said, that's usually the case for ectopic pregnancies, where the embryo doesn't lodge on the wall of the uterus. Instead, it lodges somewhere else, most times in the Fallopian tube. It's very painful and can rupture, leading to a internal hemorrhage, aka bleeding. If it's not treated in time, it becomes fatal. The chances of a baby AND its mother surviving are slim to none.
If she was in the US, after emergency surgery, she would have received pain medications and discharged within 48 hours if a small incision was made. The only way she would've stayed in the hospital longer than that is if the surgery was major, she had post-op bleeding, or required a blood transfusion. Depending on how soon it's treated, it can be a minor procedure.

She must have suffered infection for her to be hospitalized long-term and her health to deteriorate as it did. If that's the case, which it most likely is, then that one line in her arm is beyond insufficient for an infected patient. Where are her antibiotics? Where are her pain medications? Oxygen? EKG and respiratory monitor? Don't defend mediocrity. I've seen hospices, where people go to die, better than Komolafe's room, where she was supposed to be saved. It's so annoying seeing people die from preventable or treatable symptoms. Even without resources, read and question physicians or seek alternative methods.

Too many people to blame. Blame our government, both federal and state. Blame Nigerians for not informing themselves. Blame physicians as many are money-oriented. I even blame Nigerian physicians here, who refuse to go home and share their knowledge. It's all a mess. One doesn't even know from where to start cleaning.

2 Likes

Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 03, 2013
She may have abnormal pregnancy eg molar pregnancy which may lead to invasive mole or choriocarcinoma.to lay people it is just pregnancy.if in usa women die from choriocarcinoma.granted in developed nations women do not die due to pregnancy or birth complication.
cnn_olofofo:

true talk,been living in usa for years too,never heard of any death with child birth complication.May her soul RIP.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 03, 2013
MacLovington: MYTH: people do not die abroad of pregnancy-related problems

TRUTH: People do die but in much much fewer numbers. A woman died a few months ago of a cornual ectopic in a hospital in one of the most popular foreign countries with Naija people. Colleagues were lamenting that it is inexcusable in the 21st century. One doc who was supposed to go and work the said hospital next changed his mind.

The numbers are so few abroad that we call it nonexistent. That's why there was an uproar after that young Indian woman died in Ireland in November. It just doesn't happen. I can only recall two instances of such happening here, whereas, I can name dozens if not hundreds of women who have died from pregnancy complications in Nigeria. It would include at least one of my aunts as well as her infant, who succumbed two weeks apart in 1996. It's simply inexcusable, especially with today's technology and resources.

We have to start from somewhere. I would have no problem with Nigerians flying abroad for complex surgeries if health care professionals as well as Nigerians had the basics down, because then we can move onto mastering more complex procedures. Nigerians die from everything sha. Our health care needs revamping, and our citizens need educating.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 03, 2013
Uch,yeah,is a dead trap.uch does not have sop and operational guidelines.everybody does what they like.people die there for nothing.
ideylaff:

My bro I know on 1st hand experience that UCH is a death trap... na reputation be all that "a teaching hospital ,one of the best in Nigeria" its a shadow
of its former self now bro

One of my peeps died of internal bleeding from a minor accident that went on undetected for 3 days..

UCH is a dead place.... bro go and check their mortality rate... u will be down with disgust
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 03, 2013
Doctors are endangered species in nigeria.average doctor is frustrated by d system.for example resident doctors are supposed to live inside hospitals.how many doctors are living within d hospital.in uch many doctors live outside,how do expect best from them.
ogugua88:

There's absolutely no shame in that. Thanks for sharing. I'm currently a volunteer at an intensive care unit. The knowledge I've gained from unpaid work alone is unbelievable.

Abortion to save her life? Like Kandiikane said, that's usually the case for ectopic pregnancies, where the embryo doesn't lodge on the wall of the uterus. Instead, it lodges somewhere else, most times in the Fallopian tube. It's very painful and can rupture, leading to a internal hemorrhage, aka bleeding. If it's not treated in time, it becomes fatal. The chances of a baby AND its mother surviving are slim to none.
If she was in the US, after emergency surgery, she would have received pain medications and discharged within 48 hours if a small incision was made. The only way she would've stayed in the hospital longer than that is if the surgery was major, she had post-op bleeding, or required a blood transfusion. Depending on how soon it's treated, it can be a minor procedure.

She must have suffered infection for her to be hospitalized long-term and her health to deteriorate as it did. If that's the case, which it most likely is, then that one line in her arm is beyond insufficient for an infected patient. Where are her antibiotics? Where are her pain medications? Oxygen? EKG and respiratory monitor? Don't defend mediocrity. I've seen hospices, where people go to die, better than Komolafe's room, where she was supposed to be saved. It's so annoying seeing people die from preventable or treatable symptoms. Even without resources, read and question physicians or seek alternative methods.

Too many people to blame. Blame our government, both federal and state. Blame Nigerians for not informing themselves. Blame physicians as many are money-oriented. I even blame Nigerian physicians here, who refuse to go home and share their knowledge. It's all a mess. One doesn't even know from where to start cleaning.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by swtcharissa(f): 5:56am On Jan 03, 2013
She appeared quite strong here in d pics,smiling,o God what must have gone wrong?d enemy did nt want her into d new year..am nt sure she died a natural death
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 03, 2013
Laalamed: Doctors are endangered species in nigeria.average doctor is frustrated by d system.for example resident doctors are supposed to live inside hospitals.how many doctors are living within d hospital.in uch many doctors live outside,how do expect best from them.

Resident doctors live in hospitals? As long as they're there, working, a full physician is supposed to be with them.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by swtcharissa(f): 6:02am On Jan 03, 2013
Anyone who is hospitalized in any Nigerian hospital n survives only did so cos God had mercy on him or her,cos seriously our medical system is fast decaying,the doctors only r concerned about d ego of been a doc n their fat salaries..diagnosing rightly is a problem,least talk of treatment...I am a full blown example
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by ziccoit: 6:11am On Jan 03, 2013
Laalamed: Uch,yeah,is a dead trap.uch does not have sop and operational guidelines.everybody does what they like.people die there for nothing.

What?
That is not fare. What are you implying? I don't think u know what people are talking about. UCH is an hospital, we are not talking about PDP, CPC, ACN and other political parties .
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by ghettodreamz(m): 6:18am On Jan 03, 2013
We need good health care system in Nigeria

RIP to her, I hope she knew Christ sha! cry
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by ziccoit: 6:24am On Jan 03, 2013
Laalamed: Doctors are endangered species in nigeria.average doctor is frustrated by d system.for example resident doctors are supposed to live inside hospitals.how many doctors are living within d hospital.in uch many doctors live outside,how do expect best from them.

This is another assumption wich is clearly untrue.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by wengerjay(m): 6:29am On Jan 03, 2013
slim fit :
How do you all expect this woman to survive in this type of hospital no offence to the doctors and nurses God help my family oh don't let me see what will make me have to go to this kind hospital I beg you God Jesus please.
Thousands of patients had been to this hospital and survived,even those dat their conditions were worse than hers.It is only when there is record of death dat we begin to codemn our health facilities in totality.We are all vulnerable to sickness and the best place to visit is our hosp,if any of ur relative gets sick,u as a person may decide nt to visit our hosp,dat is if u ve other alternatives like flyin them abroad for treatment or visiting the traditional healers.Lets jst encourage our govt to equip our hosps.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by MuzeyaMpongwe(f): 6:29am On Jan 03, 2013
Thts really sad. Hey wht a lose,may God comfort the family and give them strength. MRSRIP
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by maygah(f): 6:30am On Jan 03, 2013
RIP Bisi
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Kashif(m): 7:08am On Jan 03, 2013
dangiwa09: May the soul of the departed rest in peace, and may her family find comfort in memories of her life and trust in God's promise.

Now, what do you guys know about 'Reddington Hospital' and 'Saint Nicholas Hospital', both in Lagos?

I dont know about Saint Nicholas but, stay away from Reddington! My boss had kidney stone and went to Reddington for diagnosis. The doctor told him he had muscle cramp and, despite all his pleas to be admitted, he was told he only needed pain killers! (the man was in serious pains and feared he could die!) He was supposed to travel that evening, and was ready to cancel his trip but, they smiled, and told him he was 'alright'.

He almost passed on on the plane! It was doctors in the UK that told him he had kidney stone on arrival.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Hygman: 7:10am On Jan 03, 2013
eeya!...one of her last days on earth.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by deesnipes(f): 7:40am On Jan 03, 2013
wengerjay: Thousands of patients had been to this hospital and survived,even those dat their conditions were worse than hers.It is only when there is record of death dat we begin to codemn our health facilities in totality.We are all vulnerable to sickness and the best place to visit is our hosp,if any of ur relative gets sick,u as a person may decide nt to visit our hosp,dat is if u ve other alternatives like flyin them abroad for treatment or visiting the traditional healers.Lets jst encourage our govt to equip our hosps.

I think another major problem is that people engage in self medication and its when the situation gets complicated that they start running to hospitals. Also some of these doctors in our govt hospitals run private clinics so they prefer to treat patients there instead of referring them to uch and others. I recently learned of a man in ibadan who had heart attack while driving which led to accident, he was taken to a private hospital close by and was treated well until he was stabilized, then d family requested to take him to uch but d doctor was relunctant. When d family forcefully took him out he didn't gicve them referal letter on time so he wasn't given d proper follow up immediately in uch which eventually led to his death.
So I think for our health system to be revamped; everyone must be invloved.
Re: Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death by Sweetpie83: 7:48am On Jan 03, 2013
R.I.P.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News: Rapper Lil Wayne Is Dead at 33 After Having 8th Seizure / Agbani Darego Weds Danjuma Secretly In Marrakech, Morocco (Wedding Photos) / Wizkid Reacts After Fayose Collapsed When Police Fired Teargas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.