Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,495 members, 7,951,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers (7223 Views)

Sister Linder's Confession About Heaven And Fake Pastors True Or False? / Nigeria Gospel Ministers And Their Wife / The Ministers And Their Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
ezme:

My response would just be in a bid to argue,but, I would love to let go the urge to do so. I would like to acquaint you of the existence of chariots during the time of Jesus and for most of his life time he walked/trekked. The only time, to the best of my knowledge Jesus didn't walk was during the triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Jesus treated all men as equal and didn't fall into the politics of social stratification which was well in existence during the bible days. But, these are just for argument sake, I just believe Jesus would not have supported extravagance and amassing of material wealth here on it. Conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal it .....UDF. If you are proud of your line of defense for the private jet lifestyle, then I would respect your view.
i also do not support extravagant lifestyle where people amass wealth..my point is during my youth service year we went for rural rugged evangelism..now we use to tax ourselves in order to source for Tp fare to go into the interior parts to evangelise(you don't expect us to trekk dat far do you?its about a 100miles and we ave sisters as part of the team.lol)now we realise that we can sacrifice our first "allowee" to get a bus that could be used by NCCF even when we have left..and we did just that..just as a faster means to further the gospel not for our own selfish use..hope u get the gist...the jet should be used for the ministry not for private individuals..i believe this is where most ministries have failed.
Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
Bidam: i also do not support extravagant lifestyle where people amass wealth..my point is during my youth service year we went for rural rugged evangelism..now we use to tax ourselves in order to source for Tp fare to go into the interior parts to evangelise(you don't expect us to trekk dat far do you?its about a 100miles and we ave sisters as part of the team.lol)now we realise that we can sacrifice our first "allowee" to get a bus that could be used by NCCF even when we have left..and we did just that..just as a faster means to further the gospel not for our own selfish use..hope u get the gist...the jet should be used for the ministry not for private individuals..i believe this is where most ministries have failed.

No one needs a private jet for ministry, there are numerous commercial airlines that can be used, this is not a good excuse , using such a large amount of money that has been contributed as tithes and which by logic should be used for the benefit of the widows , orphans and poor in the church is immoral.

Also, why is it that ONLY ONE MAN with his inner circle have the benefit of using this jet for travel , why can't the ordinary members fly in it , free of charge if and when required.

1 Like

Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by ijawkid(m): 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
frosbel:

Also, why is it that ONLY ONE MAN with his inner circle have the benefit of using this jet for travel , why can't the ordinary members fly in it , free of charge if and when required.

I've always asked this question too......would an ordinary member be allowed to board the private jets of these MOG's??.........
Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
frosbel:

No one needs a private jet for ministry, there are numerous commercial airlines that can be used, this is not a good excuse , using such a large amount of money that has been contributed as tithes and which by logic should be used for the benefit of the widows , orphans and poor in the church is immoral.

thats where we may disagree(my opinion)..commercial airlines are expensive if we are to go on missions for lest say 100 times in a year..do u know how much dat cost? Is it not economical to get a private jet that can last a lifetime? My 2cent sha...multiplicty of ministeries(not common cos Man is selfish and egocentric) entails the jet is for all including saints(believers)..it shuldn't be for only pastors..saints are also needed to go on field missions.
Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by wordthots: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
wordthots: Bro frosbel if at some point you have ever misinterpreted scriptures, then you are not different from these people (Hagin, copeland et al), the only difference is a mic and a large congregation.
And congrats bro you are also a fake charlattan and scammer cheesy

My point: its alright to attack the wrong practices and doctrines but dont attack the personality because some of this people started on a good note but sadly got into error.

Calling them charlatans is going to far, this are people who started out well but ran into error cause they probably didn't compare scripture with scripture.THIS PPLE WERE STILL ANOINTED BUT RAN INTO EXCESSES.
I am not disputing that there are no false prophets(charlatans) out there, these are the last days; so there are many around. But there's a difference between a false prophet and a preacher who runs into excess cause he misinterpreted scripture. That's why paul had to tell timothy: 1timothy 4:16

Keep a critical eye both upon your own life and on the teaching you give, and if you continue to follow the line I have indicated you will not only save your own soul but the souls of many of your hearers as well. (JB Phillips)

Saying we have never misinterpreted scripture at one point or the other would be a dishonest claim.
And at those points where we did, the only difference between us and them would have been a mic and a congregation.
Also, if at some point bro frosbel you were blessed by any of this ministries (Hagin, copeland et al) then attacking deir personalities n not the doctrine and practice is js very wrong. undecided

Js thot I needed to correct the the words in capital. I'm not in the position to say they ran into excesses, would rather just stay mute.
Godbless
Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
wordthots:

Js thot I needed to correct the the words in capital. I'm not in the position to say they ran into excesses, would rather just stay mute.
Godbless
yeah..dats the work of the Holy Spirit..good one bro..
Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by ezme(m): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2013
Bidam: yeah..dats the work of the Holy Spirit..good one bro..

After how many days? Was there a break in transmission?

And you Bidam, you said Rev. Chris Okotie missed it in another thread, better go back there and let the holy spirit use you over there.
Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 18, 2013
ezme:

And you Bidam, you said Rev. Chris Okotie missed it in another thread, better go back there and let the holy spirit use you over there.
stop following me around..are you the angelo assigned to me by nairaland?lol
Re: Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers by wordthots: 1:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
ezme:

Kept procrastinating, but I'm glad I finally did...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Read The Bible Well? / A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Even The Lawful Captive Shall Be Delivered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.