Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,905 members, 7,942,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? (17125 Views)

Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks / Why Do Driving Schools Use Volkswagen Beetle To Teach Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
I would rather teach her myself (shouldn't take more than a week)than wasting money sending her to a driving school. No wastage of resources jare, at all at all na hin bad pass ooooo...Every dolly, euro or naira counts jare. Muke ke gringringrin
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by bayooz(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
It is a very difficult thing to do if the man is not patient and the woman is afraid and not ready to accept the husband as her master at that time. I taught my wife to drive within a week. That was a year ago. She is now a master herself. I don't even like to go places with her nowadays as she will be correcting me all the time. grin
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by freecocoa(f): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
From most of the comments here, one can deduce its best to enroll in a driving school.

I'm just imagining what it will be like if my man were to be my teacher, I'd prolly do the opposite of whatever he says and then cry if he yells at me so that he'd pet and cuddle me at the end grin.

Hope he doesn't read this.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by OAM4J: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
No. Am not even that patient.

Siena: Errr, no. It's a fact a driving instructor should ideally have no emotional attachment to his / her pupil. It seldom works. Even qualified ADI's tend to leave their spouse's to be tutored by a colleague.

Abeg tell them o.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
Which kind yeye driving school? If you see d way some brave women handle the steering and manoeuvre their ways on a busy road, with stunts you go fear fear. And you think they learn all that from the driving school? Big lie grin
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by dapriest1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
Siena:

Why was she unsuccessful passing her test, through a driving school? That's what you need to look at - the reasons she failed.
dat war again hmn food 4 tot anyway if d wif is ready 2 learn and hv d patient. tried it 2 bt nt work
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by pappilo(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
uboma: most men do not have the patience to teach their wives how to drive. They always scream at every litle mistake the wife commits. But for the very few men who can patiently guide their wives on how to drive, i say kudos to u.

This was me LoL. She ended up going to a driving school and passed on the third attempt.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
Redmosquito: [b]lemme say me own
It was my mum that taught me how to drive! Chai! The experience was horrible!
See shouting and commanding and fearful screaming
When on the streets, she will be shouting
"See dat small child oooo!!! See Goat!! See chicken!! See turkey!! See frog!! See toad!! See this and that!! Press horn! Press HOrn!! I say press horn!!" I'm like WHy? THey aint blnd, they can see the close to 6 feet car coming! undecided
"Gazatte ur leg!! Gazette ur leg!!" I was like WTF is Gazette? undecided Naija women heh!
And there are times when she thinks I'm just plain stupid
"Haaa!! See GUtter oooo!! See pit oooo!!! Haaa! Turn ur hand! Turn ur HAND!"
These kind of screamings would drive me insane! I'm like STFU! I'm not blind! I can see the gutter undecided
Or she start shouting
"U are gong too fast!! Press brake!"
Then later she'll be like
"Are we gonna sleep on the road!"
Mwhn! To teach my wife (when I have one) to drive, e no go easy a swear, but it will sure do some good![/b]

Guy,you no go kill person with laughter sha gringringrin
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
judano: A husband should be willing to teach the wife ALL things. Currently teaching my wife how to drive after unsuccessful attempts at driving school.
Agreed, but women attach a lot of emotion when taught by their spouse which makes a 2 mins course 2 weeks dats if they finish unlike d other way round
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
I thought one of my ex how to drive and today she drives like james bond.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
judano: A husband should be willing to teach the wife ALL things. Currently teaching my wife how to drive after unsuccessful attempts at driving school.
Easy cos determination has set in on her part. Initially she was afraid which made her unsuccesful @ d drivn sch. And nw having gone through she is nw hell bent on learning. Psycological, no emotions are attachd nw. I can bet u dat dat is why she is getting along with you.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
if he knows how to teach by that i mean if he is patient ,calm,and of course a good driver himself
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by abiL(f): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
Shollypopz:
I have good looking wives for you. First, what is your annual income?? We can start from there??

@Thread: Does he have the patience required?? If yes, carry on!

My dad tried teaching my mum how to drive... She had to call a taxi to take her back home.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
freecocoa: From most of the comments here, one can deduce its best to enroll in a driving school.

I'm just imagining what it will be like if my man were to be my teacher, I'd prolly do the opposite of whatever he says and then cry if he yells at me so that he'd pet and cuddle me at the end grin.

Hope he doesn't read this.
Women...
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
abiL:

My dad tried teaching my mum how to drive... She had to call a taxi to take her back home.

hahahahaha, LMAO!! I don die, I don't even have to ask what happened, I can imagine!
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by gluv01(f): 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
hahahahah....*I can't fit laugh o* cheesy
Redmosquito: [b]lemme say me own
It was my mum that taught me how to drive! Chai! The experience was horrible!
See shouting and commanding and fearful screaming
When on the streets, she will be shouting
"See dat small child oooo!!! See Goat!! See chicken!! See turkey!! See frog!! See toad!! See this and that!! Press horn! Press HOrn!! I say press horn!!" I'm like WHy? THey aint blnd, they can see the close to 6 feet car coming! undecided
"Gazatte ur leg!! Gazette ur leg!!" I was like WTF is Gazette? undecided Naija women heh!
And there are times when she thinks I'm just plain stupid
"Haaa!! See GUtter oooo!! See pit oooo!!! Haaa! Turn ur hand! Turn ur HAND!"
These kind of screamings would drive me insane! I'm like STFU! I'm not blind! I can see the gutter undecided
Or she start shouting
"U are gong too fast!! Press brake!"
Then later she'll be like
"Are we gonna sleep on the road!"
Mwhn! To teach my wife (when I have one) to drive, e no go easy a swear, but it will sure do some good![/b]

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by gluv01(f): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
Very funny thread...see kasala for couples o....why not register her in a driving school than wanting to take the glory of teaching her how to drive and giving urself high blood pressure? grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Driving school straight I cant even attempt it
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by MurphyG1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nice topic and some funny replies.grin
I was teaching her the other day and while she was approaching a speed bump I told her 'watch out for the speed bump ahead so slow down'. And she was like 'Be patient nau, I can see it'. Can u guess what happened next? She climbed the speed bump without slowing down. shocked . After doing that She now looked at my face and said 'the brake isn't working' undecided

7 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by InvertedHammer: 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
Not advisable for the sake of peace
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
omicron: Of course yes! How romantic!!
errm, it's not romantic. Teaching someone how to drive requires patience and if one doesn't have it, then the whole situation is gonna turn into a war zone. My dad taught my mum and till this day they both curse that moment, my mum especially. She once bashed the car on a tree and when my dad wouldn't help her get it out after much plea and screaming, she took a taxi home. My dad took another taxi home...I think they eventually paid some towing company to tow the car back.

That was why my dad made me learn how to drive early. He said he doesn't want no husband teaching me.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by ghettodreamz(m): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
Murphy G: She now looked at my face and said 'the brake isn't working' undecided
gringringringringringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by andyanders: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
uboma: most men do not have the patience to teach their wives how to drive. They always scream at every litle mistake the wife commits. But for the very few men who can patiently guide their wives on how to drive, i say kudos to u.

The truth.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by freecocoa(f): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
Witty07:
Women...
We are wonderful creatures you must agree.cheesy
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
chaircover: Nooooooo Wayyyyyyyy!

Even now sef if we dey press imaginary brake for one another grin

He thinks he is a better driver but I KNOW that I'm a much better driver grin

My own says I drive like agbero grin grin
Well an agbero that can drive across 2 state lines or rent a car and navigate her way through a strange town is a good agbero

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by mkoabiola: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
My personal road side mechanic will handle dat.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
chaircover:

Loooool @agbero grin grin grin . . .I cannot repeat the things he says about my driving, but I still beleive that I am a better driver. He has fallen asleep once or twice when Im driving him, but I have never as much as blinked when he is driving grin

Hahahahahaha!!!!
Mine keeps fully awake when I drive him
I am sure he prays throughout grin grin grin
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by chronique(m): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
If I have the chance,I wont. I'd rather she goes to a driving school. My life is too precious for me. It's not like I feel d instructor in d driving school deserves to die o,I just wont risk it. Reason is I once had a female friend who drove her mum's car all d way from sango to maryland without having driving lessons(in her own words). When she said that,I told her she was lying. Ok,how did you learn? She said she was always watching her mum drive. I still did not believe her. Reality dawned on me when I got into d car with her one day n she drove. If you'd seen her driving,you'd think we stole the car. She'd approach every turn with speed,not minding if a car is coming in d opposite direction. She practically left me with my heart in my mouth all thru d journey. I kept trying to correct her but no way,she was just reckless. I was expecting something nasty to happen to us dat day. The moment we got to our destination n parked,I swore neva to enter her car again until she learns how to drive properly. The worst part is dat she refused to use the learner's sign. She was brave n silly @ d same time. That was 3yrs ago. I think it's imperative that pple(ladies especially),go to driving school. If you've not noticed,most of d rough drivers on our roads today are ladies. For me,driving school is a must.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Nissan Murano Key Refuses To Turn / What Is An "Idle Relearn Procedure"? / This Front Loader Garbage Truck Has An Exciting Way Of Carrying Waste Container

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.