Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,034 members, 7,906,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:19 PM

Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? (17099 Views)

Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks / Why Do Driving Schools Use Volkswagen Beetle To Teach Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Bebejia13: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Bebejia13: Ah driving schoo beta
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Crown128(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Yaba Left's Patient <----------
Rotflmao
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Sike(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
Why not?
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by uboma(m): 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
Shaks Baba:

Is it good to pray before eating? what a question!!!

if u cant contribute meanifully to this thread, simply pass and stop being sarcastic.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
Bla bla bla bla.

My wife was the one who taught me how to drive smiley
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by BB12(f): 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Man of God, let her enrol in a driving school after which you can help her perfect her newly acquired skills.
Obedience is better than bashing your car cool and don't forget, quarrels are inevitable :x :x

A times when am driving, my hubby presses his imaginary brake and yells simultaneously in the passenger's seat cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by smartkez(f): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
Driving is all about d mind, I was taught by my younger brother n mum while still a teenager, and I taught my elder sister. There r usually shouts n anxiety associated but I think they are all part of the learning process dat wld make especially d woman blend well while driving. So go ahead teach her if ΰ shout n quarrel wen ΰ get back home ΰ make up shikena!!!!!
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Originalsly: 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
Driving school. The wife would be questioning her husband's instructions. She would just follow that of the driving instructor even if she disagrees.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
Siena:

Why was she unsuccessful passing her test, through a driving school? That's what you need to look at - the reasons she failed.
kai! This talk about driving test is soooo unnerving. I have 1 in feb º°˚˚˚°º‎​oohh. My instructor says he is confident I'll pass, but its just so...I don't want to take that test again o
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by goodmike7: 12:23am On Jan 10, 2013
freecocoa: From most of the comments here, one can deduce its best to enroll in a driving school.

I'm just imagining what it will be like if my man were to be my teacher, I'd prolly do the opposite of whatever he says and then cry if he yells at me so that he'd pet and cuddle me at the end grin.

Hope he doesn't read this.

MtcheeEw

U get man wey get car?keep deceiving yourself,una go come faceless forum dey deceive una self
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by pianogirl(f): 12:28am On Jan 10, 2013
Redmosquito: [b]lemme say me own
It was my mum that taught me how to drive! Chai! The experience was horrible!
See shouting and commanding and fearful screaming
When on the streets, she will be shouting
"See dat small child oooo!!! See Goat!! See chicken!! See turkey!! See frog!! See toad!! See this and that!! Press horn! Press HOrn!! I say press horn!!" I'm like WHy? THey aint blnd, they can see the close to 6 feet car coming! undecided
"Gazatte ur leg!! Gazette ur leg!!" I was like WTF is Gazette? undecided Naija women heh!
And there are times when she thinks I'm just plain stupid
"Haaa!! See GUtter oooo!! See pit oooo!!! Haaa! Turn ur hand! Turn ur HAND!"
These kind of screamings would drive me insane! I'm like STFU! I'm not blind! I can see the gutter undecided
Or she start shouting
"U are gong too fast!! Press brake!"
Then later she'll be like
"Are we gonna sleep on the road!"
Mwhn! To teach my wife (when I have one) to drive, e no go easy a swear, but it will sure do some good![/b]

OMG!!!Just cant stop laughing..Funny experience indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Redmosquito(m): 12:29am On Jan 10, 2013
goodmike7:

MtcheeEw

U get man wey get car?keep deceiving yourself,una go come faceless forum dey deceive una self
**Grabs belly**
Buhahahahahahahahahaaa
Chai! Na so nlders wicked reach?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by dayokanu(m): 12:33am On Jan 10, 2013
Ada Nri1: kai! This talk about driving test is soooo unnerving. I have 1 in feb º°˚˚˚°º‎​oohh. My instructor says he is confident I'll pass, but its just so...I don't want to take that test again o

Have you practiced your parallel parking?
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by freecocoa(f): 12:37am On Jan 10, 2013
goodmike7:

MtcheeEw

You obviously don't know how to read so I have no business talking to you.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by tayoast(m): 12:51am On Jan 10, 2013
It was my mum that taught me how to drive!
Chai! The experience was horrible!
"See dat small child oooo!!! See Goat!! See chicken!!
See turkey!! See frog!! See toad!! See this and that!!
Press horn! Press HOrn!! I say press horn!!"
I'm like WHy? THey aint blnd, they can see the close to 6 feet car coming! undecided
"Gazatte ur leg!! Gazette ur leg!!" I was like WTF is Gazette? undecided Naija women heh!
These kind of screamings would drive me insane!
I'm like STFU! I'm not blind! I can see the gutter undecided
Or she start shouting
Mwhn! To teach my wife (when I have one) to drive, e no go easy a swear, but it will sure do some good![/b]

Hilarious! grin

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Dicta18: 3:04am On Jan 10, 2013
Laughing ma head out!nairalanders!
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by uboma(m): 5:57am On Jan 10, 2013
Ada Nri1: kai! This talk about driving test is soooo unnerving. I have 1 in feb º°˚˚˚°º‎​oohh. My instructor says he is confident I'll pass, but its just so...I don't want to take that test again o

u will pass the driving test if u learn to control ur fear. All the best to u.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by makizee(m): 8:24am On Jan 10, 2013
Well, am not married but I taught a girlfriend and her elder sister sef, it took a lot of effort and a truckload of patience (not jonathan)..funny enough, I didn't scream at any of them, now my girl don turn expert for driving while her now married sis just has to keep on learning from her husby...so I think I try small

So I'd advice every man to try it, there may be shouts and screams and a few tears in between but it's an experience worth having..I remember when my dad use to teach mumma how to drive, they would go out smiling and come back home boning each other (dem don fight b dat) but now mehn, mom is a way better driver than pops, no try that woman o.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by kingingkinging: 8:30am On Jan 10, 2013
"See dat small child oooo!!! See Goat!! See chicken!! See turkey!! See frog!! See toad!! See this and that!! Press horn! Press HOrn!! I say press horn!!" I'm like WHy? THey aint blnd, they can see the close to 6 feet car coming! undecided
These kind of screamings would drive me insane! I'm like STFU! I'm not blind! I can see the gutter undecided
Or she start shouting

This is the funniest thing I have ever read or heard this year. Regards to mummy.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by bkodi: 9:17am On Jan 10, 2013
grin grin
Or she start shouting

grin
Or she start shouting

Men .......am laughing so hard, tears are coming out ot ma eyes ni!

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2013
da_priest: dat war again hmn food 4 tot anyway if d wif is ready 2 learn and hv d patient. tried it 2 bt nt work

I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to get across here. undecided
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2013
goodmike7: MtcheeEw

Yes, it's a faceless forum, but there's no need to be rude. Just read what you see, and then decide what you believe, and what you don't. Don't keep calling posters out, and branding them liars.

Besides, it it so implausible to own a car these days? We're not living in the 18th century, cars are a dime a dozen. And as for "faceless forum", a lot of people here have built up friendships, and seen other members here in person. Something you may wish to consider.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by ogtavia(m): 10:46am On Jan 10, 2013
Siena:

Why was she unsuccessful passing her test, through a driving school? That's what you need to look at - the reasons she failed.
why are u posting in blue letters?
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by miccodb(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2013
mumu thread! should a man smile @ his wife? pls put my post on front page too
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
ogtavia: why are u posting in blue letters?

Why are you posting in black letters?
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by akinladejo: 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
Dont try it! I tried it but it was a serious war• I told her to come down from d car wt anoyance but Later paid for driving school and a neighbour perfected d drving. She is perfect on d road now.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by lastpage: 5:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
diehard: Taught my wife how to drive and I must admit, it was quite an experience. With some shouting and quarrelling, tears knocked in between. We finally did it. Will I try it again if giving another chance, not sure?

Now i trust her driving and we became even more close after the experience.

I guess we should define this "teaching to drive" a lil-bit:

1.)Teaching so she cam "move/drive the car around" (and probably pass a written driving test).
2.) Teaching so she can "pass an instructor-led driving test"

For number one, l will encourage all men to do for their wife. For number two, l will encourage all men to tell their wife to learn from a "qualified instructor".

Number two is that stage where you "graduate" from being a learner driver ....to a FULL LICENSE holder. it involves some "precise instruction/knowledge and unlearning of some bad driving habits" which husbands may have taken for granted (like coming to a COMPLETE HALT at STOP SIGNS! ....dont worry, in Niaja, we just look left and right and if no traffic, we zoom-off, wetin concern us inside? grin grin )

I taught my wife to drive some way back and to tell you the truth, it was one of the worst period of our relationship when you look at the tension it generated during the short period (about two months).

I had just bought her a car and l insisted l cant be driving her around anymore when there is a "spare car" she can use.
I was also about to do some traveling and knew she would find it difficult coping (with a kid) if she cant move around independently. I was so determined that she MUST be able to drive "safely" before l travel that l was willing to pull-out all stops.

At times, its like she is trying to face on-coming traffic and l will be like "Do you want to kill both of us ....or dont you see you are driving towards un-coming cars" (or Pedestrians at times!).
At times, l have to drag the steering otherwise, l will be the one to carry "the consequences" on my head.
grin grin
But the rewarding thing is that within two months, she could drive perfectly and confidently, even on bridges and major roads!
I was so thrilled (and she was also) when we did our 'final evaluation' of her driving skills. (If l think her driving was not good/safe enough, l wont let her endanger her own life and our kid's, by allowing her to drive the car.)

Now, we just look back at 'those times' and its like "Aaah, you abuse me a lot during that time sha" ...and l am like "Am very sorry, the end justifies the means and you know we had a deadline to meet now"!
kiss kiss wink

But it takes a "mountain" of patience!
Its a good experience that men should share with their wife.
When it comes to the full license part, let a "real professional instructor" be her guide! (as in Diaspora levels o!)

Lastpage!
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by eaglevirus: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
it's not really a bad idea. I taught my girlie before we got married, n wudn't try it again if i had a choice. she almost killed us....hahahahah. she made a u turn n continued into the gutter holding the steering stiff. women better send them else where to learn, i mean any where else for. u dont wanna know how dull ur wife cud be......
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Liftme(f): 10:01am On Jan 11, 2013
babyosisi:

Hahahahahaha!!!!
Mine keeps fully awake when I drive him
I am sure he prays throughout grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin I can't stop laughing
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Liftme(f): 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
Or she start shouting

Oh my God,so hilarious. I don laff tire grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by SureBiz(m): 5:45am On Jan 14, 2013
Please if you havnt fall into this blurry !romantic path, Please and Please Do Not Try it, except you are very patient (as patient as apple fans that can wait for 3 weeks to first buy apple) else Forget about it brethren
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
dayokanu:

Have you practiced your parallel parking?
I have. I don't have a problem with that. Its left reverse or is it reversing into a road that's my big problem now. I always hit d kerb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Nissan Murano Key Refuses To Turn / What Is An "Idle Relearn Procedure"? / Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.