Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,592 members, 7,905,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:25 AM

Conflict Between Family And Career. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Conflict Between Family And Career. (7841 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / Between Family And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by damiso(f): 7:56am On Jan 09, 2013
ileobatojo:

Do they have allowable sick time off work in the company policy? If not, why not? These are the labor issues in Nigeria that needs to be addressed. If she is allowed sick time, then the time off work to care for her child should be applied towards that, simple. That's how it's done in civilized countries!

If there is no sick policy, then dock her pay for the time gone. I never said it is by force to pay her for the time. To query her for caring for her hospitalized child after making a ridiculous, unrealistic demand is quite heartless.

Who ever said she has to draw a full salary? If it's reasonably outside of the time allowed for sick leave, then he can even fire her if he wants. But what is the difficulty in giving her even the one day off to care for her child? He was notified a day in advance but that was not enough, he still wanted her to come in to kiss his a*ss the next day abi? What nonsense. In larger companies in the US, such a woman can even take family, medical leave (FMLA) for which she can be off work for 3 months to address serious illness. The pay is usually graduated down over time.

Like I said, there has to be allowance in work places for people who are genuinely sick to have some job security for some time. Painful as it is for the employer to have someone out, people (and their families) do get sick!

My reason for blaming the boss is not necessarily for giving her a query, but for the reason for the query despite the fact he was notified the day before. If he is legally allowed to have a work place without employees having any recourse when sick, then he is not to blame for that. (that is an issue that needs to be addressed like I said). He was already notified the day before of a hospitalized child and her situation having no other help. How exactly did he expect her to make herself available for work? Why is he so dismissive of her situation? He should have asked for a doctor's note to be able to excuse her. That's what a reasonable boss should have done. I can't imaging calling in sick and be told to make myself available on the said sick day. What manner of rubbish is that? If he had asked her to find her own coverage, that would be a different thing.

The koko of the argument is that people do get sick.Simples.I appreciate that right and proper channels have to be followed but what of the child does indeed have a serious medical condition?My younger bro when he was 3 started off with malaria/flu symptoms and was later diagonised with measles.My mum and dad were in and out of hospital for about 8 weeks.

I have the opportunity to take up to 13 weeks unpaid parental leave in a year and that applies to anyone who has kids under 5 or dependant with disabilities.Funny enough i have up to 80 days paid sick leave(depedent on if its ongoing and so many other factors cant be calling in with flu for 80 days grin) but i cant use them to care for my sick child.They are for when I am sick and not anyone else.I get everyone points about lazy employeess etc BUT i still believe labour and employee rights in Nigeria need more working on.

Iused to work on this team where in short my team leader was just a total plonker excuse my french.Very heartless and unnecessarily egoistical.I rarely called in sick but if you did na 21 questions.So it was largely feared to call in sick.You are dying you come in sick.So during the swine flu epidemic one of my colleagues actually had it and thought it was normal flu.Forced herself to come in.Voila as per open plan office and all with sneezing coughing touching the water dispenser she spread it.They had 7 people off in the next week.Thank God me i was on holiday so no carry join their germd tongue.So was it not better for one person to call in sick than lose productivity of over half the team for more than a week? And swine flu was more dangerous for a pregnant person and i and one other of my colleagues were pregnant.As much as employees are measured in terms of productivity, employers should also think of their welfare.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 09, 2013
davidylan:

She's free to go to court and waste her money there.

Or laugh all the way to the bank after a big payout.

She should try being a stay at home mom. To work is not by force.

Precisely the discriminatory attitude against women in the work place the OP opened this thread to talk about.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 09, 2013
damiso:

The koko of the argument is that people do get sick.Simples.I appreciate that right and proper channels have to be followed but what of the child does indeed have a serious medical condition?My younger bro when he was 3 started off with malaria/flu symptoms and was later diagonised with measles.My mum and dad were in and out of hospital for about 8 weeks.

I have the opportunity to take up to 13 weeks unpaid parental leave in a year and that applies to anyone who has kids under 5 or dependant with disabilities.Funny enough i have up to 80 days paid sick leave(depedent on if its ongoing and so many other factors cant be calling in with flu for 80 days grin) but i cant use them to care for my sick child.They are for when I am sick and not anyone else.I get everyone points about lazy employeess etc BUT i still believe labour and employee rights in Nigeria need more working on.

Iused to work on this team where in short my team leader was just a total plonker excuse my french.Very heartless and unnecessarily egoistical.I rarely called in sick but if you did na 21 questions.So it was largely feared to call in sick.You are dying you come in sick.So during the swine flu epidemic one of my colleagues actually had it and thought it was normal flu.Forced herself to come in.Voila as per open plan office and all with sneezing coughing touching the water dispenser she spread it.They had 7 people off in the next week.Thank God me i was on holiday so no carry join their germd tongue.So was it not better for one person to call in sick than lose productivity of over half the team for more than a week? And swine flu was more dangerous for a pregnant person and i and one other of my colleagues were pregnant.As much as employees are measured in terms of productivity, employers should also think of their welfare.

I worked in nigeria, its employee rights particularly for govt workers is one of the most lenient the world over. Only in nigeria do you have government workers take off work at 1pm on friday because they want to pray.
Try starting a mid-day fellowship in your offices abroad.

The idea of rubbishing nigeria all because we managed to get visa outside is just appalling.

1 Like

Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 09, 2013
ileobatojo:
Precisely the discriminately attitude against women in the work place the OP opened this thread to talk about.

Precisely the reason i supported the boss in the first place. He would be accused of "discrimination" whatever he did. The workplace is there primarily for profit not to pay you to raise a family. She should stay home for good. chikena.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 09, 2013
Damiso: So during the swine flu epidemic one of my colleagues actually had it and thought it was normal flu.Forced herself to come in.Voila as per open plan office and all with sneezing coughing touching the water dispenser she spread it.They had 7 people off in the next week.Thank God me i was on holiday so no carry join their germd tongue.So was it not better for one person to call in sick than lose productivity of over half the team for more than a week?

Good for them. They should continue to brainlessly force all contagious people to come to work because they have to make profit. When the entire office gets sick, we will see who is available to make the money.

davidylan:

Precisely the reason i supported the boss in the first place. He would be accused of "discrimination" whatever he did. The workplace is there primarily for profit not to pay you to raise a family. She should stay home for good. chikena.

It's your prerogative to discriminate against women in the workplace. It's the women's to fight against it.

davidylan:
The idea of rubbishing nigeria all because we managed to get visa outside is just appalling.

Yes, instead we should see things not working right and completely ignore them just so people won't say it's because 'we managed to get visa'.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by damiso(f): 8:15am On Jan 09, 2013
davidylan:

I worked in nigeria, its employee rights particularly for govt workers is one of the most lenient the world over. Only in nigeria do you have government workers take off work at 1pm on friday because they want to pray.

Oga i am not rubbishing Nigeria.I worked in Nigeria and not in a government organisation.I am never one to rubbish Nigeria just cos i luve abroad.If you read my post you will see i said i dont understand taking time off for religious reasons.And please i did not manage to get a visa grin Na love believe me i would rather live where i had driver chaffeuring me to work and back instead of standing on a crowded train tongue.

My point is labour laws need to be more defined.I know what is expected of me and also my rights.My boss in Nigeria wanted me to be working till 8-9pm everyday(not cause of some peculiar reason) when my contractual hours are 8 to 6.Ok but at least pay me overtime, No? Ok i can even sacrifice if deadlines need to be met but not when am sitting twiddling my thumbs forming busy but i cant leave cos you are in your office with one of your numerous girlfriends.Unfortunately for him i went back to photocopy my contract and showed him.Apart from him toasting me and always picking on me.He transfered me round Lagos in 6 months.Today uhhm i think you will work in costain.Uhhm i think Adeola Odeku should do.The man showed me ehn cry.But i was still not scared of him like 95% of his subordinates.Employees like him o.We had all rights but most were too scared to lose their jobs to stand up to him.

If it was here, meeen i would be smiling to the bankd.

1 Like

Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 09, 2013
ileobatojo:
It's your prerogative to discriminate against women in the workplace. It's the women's to fight against it.

Ok o. i wonder what else women will ask for. A 6-year leave to raise their kids?
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 09, 2013
damiso:

Oga i am not rubbishing Nigeria.I worked in Nigeria and not in a government organisation.I am never one to rubbish Nigeria just cos i luve abroad.If you read my post you will see i said i dont understand taking time off for religious reasons.And please i did not manage to get a visa grin Na love believe me i would rather live where i had driver chaffeuring me to work and back instead of standing on a crowded train tongue.

My point is labour laws need to be more defined.I know what is expected of me and also my rights.My boss in Nigeria wanted me to be working till 8-9pm everyday(not cause of some peculiar reason) when my contractual hours are 8 to 6.Ok but at least pay me overtime, No? Ok i can even sacrifice if deadlines need to be met but not when am sitting twiddling my thumbs forming busy but i cant leave cos you are in your office with one of your numerous girlfriends.Unfortunately for him i went back to photocopy my contract and showed him.Apart from him toasting me and always picking on me.He transfered me round Lagos in 6 months.Today uhhm i think you will work in costain.Uhhm i think Adeola Odeku should do.The man showed me ehn cry.But i was still not scared of him like 95% of his subordinates.Employees like him o.We had all rights but most were too scared to lose their jobs to stand up to him.

If it was here, meeen i would be smiling to the bankd.

Aunty, you suffer o! Chei. cheesy Government work na good work... you could decide not to come in for one or 2 days and no one cared.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2013
davidylan:

Wow . . . . Is this a new year resolution or what? You used to be one of the NIDs-campaign against NINs. cheesy cheesy
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Mrsmansson(f): 9:28am On Jan 09, 2013
All of you talking of sending a mail so you don't know Some offices in Nigeria don't even have internet services or the boss hardly checks his mail box.am sure that's why she called because that must have been the normal routine in her office.is it when u send a mail and then your boss opens it in a weeks time?Take the police for example,when I went to report a case in their head office in Asaba it was just an office that had a computer and no internet service.so if her company was in lekki and she lives in the mainland so she would drive with her sick baby to the office first just to see his face and then what next?even some our senators,personal assistants to the president hardly make use of their Email adress.I remember when my hubby had a presentation in Abuja and Mr president was suppose to be present he kept sending mails to ministry of petroleum and some guys involved their was no response.he had to call them and they said abeg oga dey call us O nor dey send dose mails we nor they even get time to check
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 09, 2013
Mrs. Manson, we like excuses sha.
You send a mail and follow up with calls. The mail is evidence and back up in case someone denies getting a call from you, do you go to MTN and ask for a call log?
The time we take to think up excuses we can equally take to do the right thing.

Government work is very lenient and people take undue advantage.

If you are efficient and demand things be done in order you are seen as "wicked' and a "slave driver" meanwhile let 10kobo be missing from their salary.
I wonder how some people in all good conscience collect salary, hakf of the time they are away from their desks.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by damiso(f): 10:27am On Jan 09, 2013
debrief08: Mrs. Manson, we like excuses sha.
You send a mail and follow up with calls. The mail is evidence and back up in case someone denies getting a call from you, do you go to MTN and ask for a call log?
The time we take to think up excuses we can equally take to do the right thing.

Government work is very lenient and people take undue advantage.

If you are efficient and demand things be done in order you are seen as "wicked' and a "slave driver" meanwhile let 10kobo be missing from their salary.
I wonder how some people in all good conscience collect salary, hakf of the time they are away from their desks.

Debrief i agree with all you said 100%.BUT you will agree that some bosses do like to take the mickey or should i say flex their muscles because they have power over you.And YES it happens in proper well laid up organisations.I was working for a private telco o and there was laid down guidelines.It happens everywhere but alot of the time most Nigerians dont know both their job expectations and their rights.You have twats like that here too but fear of employment tribunal makes them a little more able to play it fair.But in naija most people are just too grateful to have jobs(and also inept sometimes) to stand up for what is right.I remember my colleagues then used to say foolish things like ehen you know your own parents are rich(they were not just middle class ppl who taught us to know our rights and also do whats right),your fiance is abroad,you do business bla bla.I know people who even dated that plonker and those like him to move on.
I was never found wanting in my duties so unfortunately for him he could not get rid of me till i myself was ready to resign.BUT he sure made my life HELL and what used to further aggravate him was my cool demeanour.I was never rude just made him feel foolish.I remember one day he called me into his office, ehen i heard you went to London and Dubai so you could not bring anything for your oga.I smiled and said it was just a shorr holiday to see my fiance.Next i heard you are getting married sef (in my mind what is your buisiness) is that you have not allowed me to take care of you.I gently erased the smile but did not frown.I just sat there stone faced and he too was smiling like an overfed cat.After 10 mins i said Mr ----- is there anything else you want md to do cos i have to finish a report.He still sat there smiling.I just got up and left.I knew he could never fire me.But you know what here he would get fired and also i could sue the co as well.

I never cry wolf or play sympathy card i believe suck it up and get on with it.BUT there is need for clearer laws on sexual and gender discrimination in Nigeria.Same as need for most govt workers to step up their game.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by damiso(f): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2013
uhhm oh i forgot you cant write s3xual discrimination on NL.was wondering where intimate discrimination came from grin grin grin angry grin
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by bjcole(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2013
This discussion is not just about what d woman ought to do & ought not to do. Lets talk more about how a married woman can joggle her carrier & her family well without any one suffering. Is it really possible? can a lady that works in a bank, wit kids & closes 6 or 7pm ve time 4 her family? I think Ladies shd knw when 2 go down low when family is involve. I m running after money, my wife is running after cash, @ whose expense? who takes care f d kids? house maids i guess. God help us.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by coogar: 11:39am On Jan 09, 2013
greatgod2012:

its govt salary-paid job, though, he had done that b4 for a male colleague, who absconded for almost two weeks without informing anyone. Dont know why he treated dis woman differently.

the boss should have docked her wages.....
it makes no sense to query her....unfortunately, employees have no rights in nigeria....they are all treated like shyte by the employers cos it's the employer's world out there. a colleague was telling me he cannot park his car where his boss parks - i was like wtf.....shouldn't this be a first come first serve issue?
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by bjcole(m): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2013
@ debrief, pls i m trying not to get crossed wit u but what do u really ve against pastors, preachers, talking about church in d office, it seems u just dont want 2 hear it, i see a lot about that in ur comments, i dont want 2 guess. If u think my asking u may get u worked up, u may choose not 2 answer.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by bjcole(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2013
coogar:

it makes no sense to query her....unfortunately, employees have no rights in nigeria....they are all treated like shyte by the employers cos it's the employer's world out there. a colleague was telling me he cannot park his car where his boss parks - i was like wtf.....shouldn't this be a first come first serve issue?
Bros leave matter 4 mathias, its disrespectful 2 park ur car where ur boss parks even Oyinbos know this
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by coogar: 11:59am On Jan 09, 2013
bjcole: Bros leave matter 4 mathias, its disrespectful 2 park ur car where ur boss parks even Oyinbos know this

disrespectful? that's bullshyte!
in my office, anyone parks anywhere - it's a first come, first serve basis. only the disabled get some sorta priority. what kind of trash is such nonsense? nigeria needs me around to change some of the archaic laws they follow regarding employees.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by greatgod2012(f): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
bjcole: This discussion is not just about what d woman ought to do & ought not to do. Lets talk more about how a married woman can joggle her carrier & her family well without any one suffering. Is it really possible? can a lady that works in a bank, wit kids & closes 6 or 7pm ve time 4 her family? I think Ladies shd knw when 2 go down low when family is involve. I m running after money, my wife is running after cash, @ whose expense? who takes care f d kids? house maids i guess. God help us.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
coogar:

disrespectful? that's bullshyte!
in my office, anyone parks anywhere - it's a first come, first serve basis. only the disabled get some sorta priority. what kind of trash is such nonsense? nigeria needs me around to change some of the archaic laws they follow regarding employees.

You know that it's true for a fact....some firms have reserved parking for their directors and CEOs .( tow away enforced if you park there) ,,, don't start with your blind argument to derail this thread. grin
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
coogar:

Yada yada.... Put the blame on Nigeria ....docked her wages and it'll be another ;' oh that's not fair'!

If your don't abide with the company's policies and procedures.... you're in for it... now don't get me started... **yawns**
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by coogar: 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
jidegirl12:

You know that it's true for a fact....some firms have reserved parking for their directors and CEOs .( tow away enforced if you park there) ,,, don't start with your blind argument to derail this thread. grin

only in america.....a 3rd world country
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Mr. Bjcole I disagree that this is about how women can balance their careers, This is a case of one woman who refused to follow proper protocol and obey a simple instruction.
I cannot comment any other way because she doesn't represent married women who properly plan ahead and successfully marry both work and career and give her best.
Millions of married women are in the workforce and they work hard both at work and in the home and when they do things properly they don't get queried, I will not make this a gender issue when it is not.
If a man had disobeyed an instruction from his boss he will get queried simple.
I have worked for almost 2 decades, I have managed my home and office well, I have a Banker sister who gets promoted almost every year and deligently managed her home too.
Is it easy? No, how do we cope? With understanding spouses and proper planning.

As for your question about pastors and religiousity, I am a Christain and love God, I attend 6am mass every morning, when I can't I attend evening mass. I will not accept your religiousity affecting your duties.
God commands us to be deligent, honest and productive, if you interupt uour paid work hours to go and say you want to fellowship will you honestly say you are serving God?
I love God and practice ny faith as best as I can without imposing it on others, what I have against some pastors and the way people go about it is the hypocricy of it all, shouting and screaming God while stealing and cheating.
For Some Pastors the rot they have dragged Christainity to is a topic for another day. God urges us to speak out agaignst such bad eggs and sweep them from our midst
see 1st Cortinthians 5.

As for being "cross" with me, If that makes you happy go ahead, its your heart and your issue not mine.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by SisiKill1: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
I don't think the woman with the sick child got in trouble because I child was sick.

There's got to be more to it. . .

What kind of work does she do?
Is it something that can be put on hold until she returns?
If it isn't. . .has she made arrangement for someone else to take over while she's gone?
If the job is takeoverable, is the person who will do it sufficiently equipped with everything they need to do so?
How long will she be gone?

. . .If they answer to all the questions is NO, is it any wonder the boss asked her to come in?!! Sure her child is sick but she also has a job to do too and it has to be done. The best thing to do like Debrief has said is to make sure all loopholes are tightly seal, the boss has no choice to but to say yes. Except there is a clause in your contract that your bosses must see your fine face everyday, I doubt they give a rat's patoootie if you are there or not. . .as long as the work gets done, everyone is cool.

If you are the sort who fall apart in the face of crisis, maybe it will be better not to try to juggle both. Cool heads always prevail, there is no room for damsel in distress in motherhood and the work place.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by SisiKill1: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
bjcole: Bros leave matter 4 mathias, its disrespectful 2 park ur car where ur boss parks even Oyinbos know this

Jeedus!! What next. . .it is disrespectful to enter the office through the same door your boss enters??!!
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by maclatunji: 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
debrief08: Lol, stay there you never begin hear things.
Sorry to say with some Nigerians nothing you no go hear.
I ask the married women and mothers who are fond of the "my child is sick" excuse if they think they are fair to their colleagues piling up work for them yet still coming to collect salary and not sharing with the ones saddled with performing their duties.

The Church one nko? Someone will come late and tell you its because they went for night vigil ON A WEEK DAY. I wonder if na the same God me too dey worship who commands me to be deligent with work of my hands.

I refused to permit office fellowship already you come late to work with various excuses then you still want to spend one hour of paid time shouting and screaming without consideration to Moslems and Aethiests in the office.
I also stopped tract sharing because the Christains from certain churches fall short of flogging the aethiests in the office and with bomb blasts now sending the moslems to hell directly.

They argue that Moslems get to pray and I asked them if it was part of Christainity as it is in Islam to pray at specific times? Are we not asked to pray witthout ceasing and at all times too? In silence and sober reflection? While I work I pray one not obstructing other.
Believe me I have been called all sorts on this issue.

Thankfully I always pick up the slack, run my place in some level of discipline and never deliver late so all the gossips and pettitions get thrown out.
One wrote that I infringe on her religious rights of expression, unfortunately she got queried for not reading terms of her contracts that clearly states that she respects the faith of others and keep it out of working hours.

Yet, you will think the most religious ones are most productive, for where? They feel everyone is against them, smallest gesture is a spiritual attack, one said she couldn't go on a trip because her pastor told her the road is not clear, so I asked who in the office she wants to die in her place.

Plenty issues make I stop here for now

I find this really interesting, you seem to be a very good manager.

@topic, I think you should make conscious decisions even before you get married about these issues. Do you want to focus on your home or your career? I know the things I want, I know the sacrifices I am making to get them and I have a good idea of what it is costing me. You cannot have it all, you have to prioritise and be content with what you have. For example, the lady OP gave as an example has made a wise decision- her child comes first before the query. The query is a question that can be answered not a death sentence, the boss too his doing his/her job. At the end, there should be balance.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by maclatunji: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Jeedus!! What next. . .it is disrespectful to enter the office through the same door your boss enters??!!

It depends, if the parking space is reserved, it would be wrong to park there.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by bjcole(m): 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
Thks 4 ur reply Debrief, i think u also agree that the family suffers when a woman faces her carrier. U said wit an understandin spouse, what abt if d husband is not available to help & she wont be back til 8 or 9pm, who takes care of d kids. 4 d banks u mentioned, i think u shd not go there, if there is any job that makes family 2 suffer, it shd be no 1. On d religious issue, i think u shd just let people be, its not 4 u to jugde who is perfect or not. Any opportunity 2 serve God shd be encourage
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Lol @ I should just let people be, I may as well resign and go home. What kind of Manager will I be if I let everybody impose their religion in the work place.
Why can't they serve God and Minister by doing a good job and what they are pid to do? Why must it be through shouting and harrassing other colleagues.

@ Mac, You won't believe what I have been told on this issue. Someone said as a "fellow Christain" I should even be the one leading the fellowship, and I asked them how will they feel if every one that comes in puts his/ her own religion first?
If a Moslem is head that means they will also be partial to them the Christains and if an Aethiest is Head, He/ she too will also totally ban them from any form of worship how will they feel then?
Because I practice one faith doesn't mean I should be partial to people of my faith.

BJ Cole, If you earn money pay a Nanny proper Nanny to watch your kids, these days we have Graduates who take the Job and believe me your kids are in very good hands.
Like I said all my 7 other sisters have families and careers and not one is slacking in addition to other hard working women.

"Let people be" has destroyed the Nigerian System. It will not be said of me that I joined hands to destroy Nigeria and my small place. If you want to be religious do so on your own time not on time you are being paid to effectively use.
When you have your own company and you are struggling with Bank loans to keep it profitable you too "let people be" ehnnn.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
Like somebody already said prioritize your responsibilities ..... If you can't handle the heat.... Get out! and stay in your level rather than being a wannabes ......

Everybody's not gonna be like the joneses .... Instead than killing somebody else's investment with your sick calls .....and that includes the Government too.

**Yawns**
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by baby124: 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
I am feeling Jetlagged... Abeg what happened to this thread. Madam employerr here is fighting for something... I have to take time to read this.

jidegirl12: Like somebody already said prioritize your responsibilities ..... If you can't handle the heat.... Get out! and stay in your level rather than being a wannabes ......

Everybody's not gonna be like the joneses .... Instead than killing somebody else's investment with your sick calls .....and that includes the Government too.

**Yawns**
tongue
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
I'm exhausted ..... Didn't get enough sleep last night cos the baby's teething( honestly I don't know what's wrong with her) .... but work dey ..... no calling in sick irrelevantly .... I could , but no... not life threatening and he'll take her in after hours. See?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cry For Help: Two Weeks To Introduction / Is It Safe To Have S*E*X During First Trimester Of Pregnancy / Please Help Me Save My Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.