Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,879 members, 7,879,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Salvation Is Of The Jews. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation Is Of The Jews. (4855 Views)

Is It True Our Salvation Is Really A Free Gift? No Strings? / Salvation Is Simply Joinning Christianity If You Were A Muslim Or Atheist / 'jesus' Was As Black As Wesley Snipes, So Were The Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by Joagbaje(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2013
MostHigh:
WOE UNTO THOSE THAT SAY THAT CHRISTIANS ARE JEWS FOR THEY ARE NOT

Where did you get this lie? Certainly not from scripture .

JHN 4:22 YE WORSHIP YE KNOW NOT WHAT: WE KNOW WHAT WE WORSHIP: FOR SALVATION IS OF THE JEWS.

Salvation is for all both Jews and gentile.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold:them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female:for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:28-29
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
MostHigh: Sorry if I didnt come across clear enough let me try again.

1. If christ is a jew and lived the life of a jew as we see in the scriptures and you are a christian are you really on the same path as the master?
2. How do you reconcile the contradictions between the way of life of the master and his followers today?
3. correct me if I am wrong but the sermon on the mount though meant for all true belivers was given to a predominantly jewish audience hence the constant reference to the books of torah with great emphasis on deutronomy (the reminding of the LAW)

If a jewish man is talking to a jewish people about a jewish way of life then how does christianity fit in if prophetically in the Kingdom age we will be living the same way of life?

Peace,love and joy!!!
This is a great area of discussion. Thank you for addressing it. So let us start at top. John 4:22. Here we have the mystical and most misunderstood word in the new testament (jew). The english word inserted into scripture here has about 7 different meanings. It is word with a very chameleon like character. It morphs into one of these other words that it replaced that have different meanings. The one that it rarely morphs into(especially in NT) is the one that most believe it always refers to. This is the problem with those who do not study scripture with concordance, hebrew/greek lexicon ,bible dictionary. The first thing one needs to understand is that Israel, hebrew and jew are not in any way synonomous. This is hard to get through to most but is the truth. To understand what is being said in the verses where this magical word appears one must look to older texts in order to place the original word that appeared where the magic(deceit) has taken place and then look up the word for definition. Very simple process but most will never do it. When one does as I have just described he will find a entirely different meaning and understanding to the truths in the scriptures. Now that you know how to rightly divide the word let us move on. In a post a bit further down you stated that Jesus Christ was a jew? Explain yourself at this point after what I just showed you to do. Somehow though I get the feeling that you know what I am telling you which is why you chose topic to begin with. Brilliant idea, I do it myself all the time. So let us continue this thread. Please respond most high to my request so that we can continue this as it is going to get very interesting indeed.
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
Great topic, lets start at top john4:22. What was original word in this verse? Next question would be what does word you are looking at in english bible mean? Next question....Jesus Christ was a "jew" can you please explain what you mean using definitions that would apply as word did not exist so I can not see how you can be something that did not exist to begin with. Jesus Christ was not a "jew"[quote author=jeffrey t][/quote]
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
I am awaiting response most high. It would seem to me that your concept and entire thread here hinge on mainly true biblical definitions of one or two words. Leave your modern day definitions out of this discussion as they do not apply. These words are used to deceive those who do not study and have blind faith and little understanding of what scripture actually states. People can quote scripture all day and still not understand.it is no indication that they understand what is being said. Perfect example, cyrus scofield. There is aa very clear message in the red letters which never is preached from any pulpit in modern times. To do so would be considered politically incorrect. That is the ironic part of the entire collection of manuscripts, they are not politically correct. To try to adapt them to this standard unfortunately loses the message given. Jesus Christ was certainly not concerned with political correctness and I am not as well. I am not concerned with the fact that many things in the scripture contradict each other, or that obviously many things that appear in scripture did not happen, only what it actually says with the definitions that were available for the time. How they became what they are today and what and who are responsible for the revisions and agenda behind such revisions. This collection of texts is the most dangerous literature that exists if whomever is reading these words does not know the truths I speak of and takes the time to study it with proper tools given. I love this subject so please respond to my questions so that we may move on and everyone can learn the truth. From reading posts, I think many are not aware of what I am getting ready to lay out before them.
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
I am still awaiting your reply. Sensitive subject? You wont take the bait most high?
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
jeffrey t: Great topic, lets start at top john4:22. What was original word in this verse? Next question would be what does word you are looking at in english bible mean? Next question....Jesus Christ was a "jew" can you please explain what you mean using definitions that would apply as word did not exist so I can not see how you can be something that did not exist to begin with. Jesus Christ was not a "jew"

SORRY FOR MY LATE RESPONSE BUT I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND.
1. ORIGINAL WORD JEW FROM JUDAISM WHICH IN TURN IS FROM HEBREW JUDAH
2. THE WORD AS IT IS USED IN THE ENGLISH BIBLE MEANS ETHNIC OR RELIGIOUS GROUP] AND INCLUDE THOSE BORN JEWISH AND CONVERTS TO JUDAISM

JUDAISM CLAIMS A HISTORICAL CONTINUITY SPANNING MORE THAN 3,000 YEARS. OF THE MAJOR WORLD RELIGIONS, JUDAISM IS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE OLDEST MONOTHEISTIC RELIGIONS.THE HEBREWS / ISRAELITES WERE ALREADY REFERRED TO AS "JEWS" IN LATER BOOKS OF THE TANAKH SUCH AS THE BOOK OF ESTHER, WITH THE TERM JEWS REPLACING THE TITLE "CHILDREN OF ISRAEL, BANI YISREAL.

JHN 7:22
MOSES THEREFORE GAVE UNTO YOU CIRCUMCISION; (NOT BECAUSE IT IS OF MOSES, BUT OF THE FATHERSwink AND YE ON THE SABBATH DAY CIRCUMCISE A MAN. AS WE CAN SEE THE JEWISH WAY OF LIFE HAS ALWAYS EXISTED AND WILL ALWAYS EXIST.
ISREAL WILL ALWAYS EXIST ON EARTH NO MATTER WHAT THE HEATHENS SAY
THE ABOVE VERSE CLEARLY INDICATES THAT THIS WAY OF LIFE PRECEEDED MOSES. DO NOT FIXATE ON THE WORD JEW , RARTHER TRY AND APPRECIATE WHAT IT MEANS OR THE MESSAGE IT CARRIES.
YASHUA SAYS SALVATION IS OF THE JEW NON JEWS WILL CONTRADICT THE MASTER BY QUOTING THE APOSTLES OUT OF CONTEXT.

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold:them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female:for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

JOAGBAJE GOOD TO SEE YOU ARE BACK

WOE UNTO THOSE THAT SAY THEY ARE JEWS AND ARE NOT. ARE CHRISTIANS JEWS? FROM ALL INDICATION YOU HAVE EXPRESSED YOUR VIEWS THAT SALVATION IS OF THE CHRISTIAN

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

JOAGBAJE BY THE WORDS OF YOUR MOUTH YOU ARE JUDGED

JOAGBAJE FROM YOU PLENTY QUOTATIONS IT IS APPARENT THAT YOU BELIEVE IN THE JEWISH REALITY BUT YOUR CONCIOUS MIND CANNOT COMPREHEND THIS SAME REALITY OR HOW IT IS TO COME ABOUT.

JOAGBAJE REGARDING YOUR BEUTIFULL QUOTE FROM ROMANS 2:28 WHICH WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE AN INWARD OR OUTWARD JEW?

JOAGBAJE YOU HELPFULL QUOTE OF GAL 3:28 IN THE CONTEXT YOU DESCRIBE IS IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO THE WORDS OF THE MASTER YASHUA

JOAGBAJE IN RESPONSE TO JOHN 10 GOD HAS MADE PROVISION FOR THE ELECT GENTILES BY GRAFTING THEM WITH PRECEDING BELIEVERS (ISREALITES) (ROM. 11).
PLS NOTE THE WORD ELECT GENTILES SEEMS LIKE NOT ALL GENTILES ARE CHOSEN

JOAGBAJE RESPONDING TO ROM 1:16 A HONEST ANSWER IS REQUIRED, WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER BE A JEW OR GENTILE?
AMONGST THE 1ST OR 2ND RESSURECTED?? FOR AS WE SEE THERE IS A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME BETWEEN BOTH RESSURECTIONS.

JOAGBAJE PLS MORE QUOTES FROM YASHUA
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2013
jeffrey t: I am still awaiting your reply. Sensitive subject? You wont take the bait most high?

jeffrey t SORRY I WAS AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND. FINALLY SOMEONE THAT SPEAKS MY LANGUAGE

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by Joagbaje(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
MostHigh:

JOAGBAJE BY THE WORDS OF YOUR MOUTH YOU ARE JUDGED

JOAGBAJE FROM YOU PLENTY QUOTATIONS IT IS APPARENT THAT YOU BELIEVE IN THE JEWISH REALITY BUT YOUR CONCIOUS MIND CANNOT COMPREHEND THIS SAME REALITY OR HOW IT IS TO COME ABOUT.

JOAGBAJE REGARDING YOUR BEUTIFULL QUOTE FROM ROMANS 2:28 WHICH WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE AN INWARD OR OUTWARD JEW?

JOAGBAJE YOU HELPFULL QUOTE OF GAL 3:28 IN THE CONTEXT YOU DESCRIBE IS IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO THE WORDS OF THE MASTER YASHUA

JOAGBAJE IN RESPONSE TO JOHN 10 GOD HAS MADE PROVISION FOR THE ELECT GENTILES BY GRAFTING THEM WITH PRECEDING BELIEVERS (ISREALITES) (ROM. 11).
PLS NOTE THE WORD ELECT GENTILES SEEMS LIKE NOT ALL GENTILES ARE CHOSEN

JOAGBAJE RESPONDING TO ROM 1:16 A HONEST ANSWER IS REQUIRED, WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER BE A JEW OR GENTILE?
AMONGST THE 1ST OR 2ND RESSURECTED?? FOR AS WE SEE THERE IS A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME BETWEEN BOTH RESSURECTIONS.

JOAGBAJE PLS MORE QUOTES FROM YASHUA

You're not really making any point except picking holes in my post
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje:

You're not really making any point except picking holes in my post

JOAGBAJE SORRY ABOUT NOT MAKING ANY POINTS, MY INTENTION WAS TO ASK VERY DIRECT QUESTIONS AND GET ANSWERS BACK.

OBVIOUSLY WE ARE NOT COMMUNICATING WELL

SINCE I AM SPEAKING IN TOUNGES AS FAR AS YOU ARE CONCERNED MAYBE JEFFERY WOULD BE IN A BETTER POSITION TO TRANSLATE?

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by Joagbaje(m): 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2013
I believe I have answered the major question of your thread . Salvation is for Jews and Gentiles . I backed it up with references but I'm yet to know the point you're really getting at . Do you dispute with the verses I quoted? Do you have different interpretation? You need to really be clear on what you're driving at.
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
Joagbaje: I believe I have answered the major question of your thread . Salvation is for Jews and Gentiles . I backed it up with references but I'm yet to know the point you're really getting at . Do you dispute with the verses I quoted? Do you have different interpretation? You need to really be clear on what you're driving at.

ARE YOU A JEW OR ARE YOU A GENTILE IN THE CONTEXT IN WHICH YOU YOURSELF HAVE BEEN QUOTING THATS MY (POINTED) QUESTION?

AS FOR MYSELF I WILL BOLDLY SAY THAT I LIVE THE WAY OF THE JEW, NOT OUT OF ANY OBLIGATION TO THE LAW BUT JUST BECASUE YASHUA DID THE SAME, FAITH MY BROTHER.

2 MEN 2 WAYS 2 DESTINIES NO MIDDLE GROUND

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
OGA JEFFERY I NO SEE YOUR BRAKELIGHT AGAIN

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
My concordance/encyclopedia/dictionary in my KJV has for definition of this word:"corrupted form of the word Judea" There is also another word(judaite) which has definition :"descendant of tribe of Judah" it does not tell me to refer to the definition previously quoted (see word jew) nor does the word jew tell me to see word judaite. Therefore that would mean that the words are not synonomous. Now that that has been cleared, let us look at orignal words in greek. Idudaios reference# 2453 and Ek reference# #1537) which means "origin." The correct translation of this word is “OUT OF” not “of.”

Look at the following texts. Every other place the word “Ek” is used, it is always translated “OUT OF” not “of.”

"And thus Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, art not the least among the princes of Judah; for OUT OF ("Ek" #1537) thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel." Matthew 2:6

"And thou, Bethlehem, house of Ephratha, art few in number to be reckoned among the thousands of Judah; yet OUT OF ("Ek" #1537) thee shall One come forth to me, to be a ruler of Israel; and His goings forth were from the beginning, even from eternity." (From the Greek O.T.) Micah 5:2

"For it is manifest that OUT OF ("Ek" #1537) Judah has sprung our Lor...” Hebrews 7:14

It is clear that the word “Ek” in the Greek should be translated as “OUT OF.” The word idudaios simply means judea. The word idudaismos #25454 refers to a religionpracticed in the land of judea. Therefore the correct translation of this verse would be "salvation is out of judea" It has nothing to do with any ethnicity and certainly nothing to do with the religion of judaism. I would say much of the misunderstanding of verses such as this can be attributed to J.N.Darby and C.I.Scofield. I do not subscribe to theology of this nature. Much false doctrine is taught by following scofields annotations. So the be all end all question would be" is salvation through Jesus Christ or the jews or judaism?" You would not find much to present for evidence then or now for the two latter words given. Who is the father that Christ speaks of? Does he have a name? What is it? Is HE and the baal of judah one and the same? (quote author=MostHigh]

2. THE WORD AS IT IS USED IN THE ENGLISH BIBLE MEANS ETHNIC OR RELIGIOUS GROUP] AND INCLUDE THOSE BORN JEWISH AND CONVERTS TO JUDAISM

JUDAISM CLAIMS A HISTORICAL CONTINUITY SPANNING MORE THAN 3,000 YEARS. OF THE MAJOR WORLD RELIGIONS, JUDAISM IS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE OLDEST MONOTHEISTIC RELIGIONS.THE HEBREWS / ISRAELITES WERE ALREADY REFERRED TO AS "JEWS" IN LATER BOOKS OF THE TANAKH SUCH AS THE BOOK OF ESTHER, WITH THE TERM JEWS REPLACING THE TITLE "CHILDREN OF ISRAEL, BANI YISREAL.

MOSES THEREFORE GAVE UNTO YOU CIRCUMCISION; (NOT BECAUSE IT IS OF MOSES, BUT OF THE FATHERSwink AND YE ON THE SABBATH DAY CIRCUMCISE A MAN. AS WE CAN SEE THE JEWISH WAY OF LIFE HAS ALWAYS EXISTED AND WILL ALWAYS EXIST.
THE ABOVE VERSE CLEARLY INDICATES THAT THIS WAY OF LIFE PRECEEDED MOSES. DO NOT FIXATE ON THE WORD JEW , RARTHER TRY AND APPRECIATE WHAT IT MEANS OR THE MESSAGE IT CARRIES.
YASHUA SAYS SALVATION IS OF THE JEW NON JEWS WILL CONTRADICT THE MASTER BY QUOTING THE APOSTLES OUT OF CONTEXT.

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!

[/quote]
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
THE ABOVE VERSE CLEARLY INDICATES THAT THIS WAY OF LIFE PRECEEDED MOSES. DO NOT FIXATE ON THE WORD JEW , RARTHER TRY AND APPRECIATE WHAT IT MEANS OR THE MESSAGE IT CARRIES. YASHUA SAYS SALVATION IS OF THE JEW NON JEWS WILL CONTRADICT THE MASTER BY QUOTING THE APOSTLES OUT OF CONTEXT. Oh no, I will concentrate on the word and I study very closely the message it carries. I beliave that you do as well! quote author=jeffrey t] My concordance/encyclopedia/dictionary in my KJV has for definition of this word:"corrupted form of the word Judea" There is also another word(judaite) which has definition :"descendant of tribe of Judah" it does not tell me to refer to the definition previously quoted (see word jew) nor does the word jew tell me to see word judaite. Therefore that would mean that the words are not synonomous. Now that that has been cleared, let us look at orignal words in greek. Idudaios reference# 2453 and Ek reference# #1537) which means "origin." The correct translation of this word is “OUT OF” not “of.”

Look at the following texts. Every other place the word “Ek” is used, it is always translated “OUT OF” not “of.”

"And thus Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, art not the least among the princes of Judah; for OUT OF ("Ek" #1537) thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel." Matthew 2:6

"And thou, Bethlehem, house of Ephratha, art few in number to be reckoned among the thousands of Judah; yet OUT OF ("Ek" #1537) thee shall One come forth to me, to be a ruler of Israel; and His goings forth were from the beginning, even from eternity." (From the Greek O.T.) Micah 5:2

"For it is manifest that OUT OF ("Ek" #1537) Judah has sprung our Lor...” Hebrews 7:14

It is clear that the word “Ek” in the Greek should be translated as “OUT OF.” The word idudaios simply means judea. The word idudaismos #25454 refers to a religionpracticed in the land of judea. Therefore the correct translation of this verse would be "salvation is out of judea" It has nothing to do with any ethnicity and certainly nothing to do with the religion of judaism. I would say much of the misunderstanding of verses such as this can be attributed to J.N.Darby and C.I.Scofield. I do not subscribe to theology of this nature. Much false doctrine is taught by following scofields annotations. So the be all end all question would be" is salvation through Jesus Christ or the jews or judaism?" You would not find much to present for evidence then or now for the two latter words given. Who is the father that Christ speaks of? Does he have a name? What is it? Is HE and the baal of judah one and the same? (quote author=MostHigh]

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!

[/quote]
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by Joagbaje(m): 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
MostHigh:

ARE YOU A JEW OR ARE YOU A GENTILE IN THE CONTEXTR IN WHICH YOU YOURSELF HAVE BEEN QUOTING THATS MY (POINTED) QUESTION?

AS FOR MYSELF I WILL BOLDLY SAY THAT I LIVE THE WAY OF THE JEW, NOT OUT OF ANY OBLIGATION TO THE LAW BUT JUST BECASUE YASHUA DID THE SAME, FAITH MY BROTHER.

2 MEN 2 WAYS 2 DESTINIES NO MIDDLE GROUND

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!

I'm a jew after the spirit. Circumcised after the spirit
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
Joagbaje:

I'm a jew after the spirit. Circumcised after the spirit

JOAGBAJE AS ABOVE SO BELOW, WHATEVER IS IN THE SPIRIT MUST MANIFEST IN THE FLESH.

AS YOUR MEMBER WAS CIRCUNSCISED IN THE SPIRIT SO ALSO IF YOU LOOK AT IT NOW IT IS THE SAME IN THE FLESH

IF TRULY YOU ARE A JEW IN THE SPIRIT THEN YOU WOULD BE LIVING LIKE A JEW IN THE FLESH JUST LIKE YASHUA,JOHN,JAMES,PAUL. PLS NOTE THE WORD LIVING

LIKE I TOLD YOU BEFORE YOUR DICTIONARY WILL DEFINE BOTH FAITHS QUITE DIFFERENTLY!!!

WHAT IS TABOO TO YASHUA AND THE APOSTLES SHOULD BE TABOO TO YOU

YOU SHOULD SINCERLY TRY AND FIND OUT HOW THEY LIVED AND TRY TO EMULATE THEM (CARRY YOUR CROSS AND FOLLOW ME)

FOR EXAMPLE YORUBA MAN LIVE DIFFERENTLY FROM HAUSA AND IBO... YOU GET MY DRIFT?

THERE IS NO MAGICAL PROCESS THAT CONVERTS A CHRISTIAN TO A JEW WHAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING IS NOT POSSIBLE

SPIRIT AND TRUTH YOU CANNOT HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER.

YOU SAY YOU ARE A JEW WITHOUT WORKS WHILE I SAY I AM A JEW WITH THE FULL WORKS GIVEN. WITH THE FAITH COMES THE SPIRIT AND THE WORKS ARE THE TRUTH FOREVER.
WHAT IS EDIFYING TO THEM WILL BE EDIFYING TO YOU

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU WOULD SPAEK AS THEY SPEAK AND DO AS THEY DO!!

WOE! WOE! WOE! UNTO THOSE THAT SAY THEY ARE JEWS AND ARE NOT!!!!

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
Therefore the correct translation of this verse would be "salvation is out of judea" It has nothing to do with any ethnicity and certainly nothing to do with the religion of judaism. Thank you jeffery

I MUST AGREE WITH YOU THAT SCOFIELD IS NOT WITHOUT PREJUDICE BUT WHEN YOU THINK OF IT WHICH COMMENTATOR IS WITHOUT PREJUDICE . IT ONLY TAKES ONE BORN OF THE SPIRIT TO DISCERN THE TRUTH

ALSO READING FACTUAL HISTORY SPECIFICALLY THE EDICTS OF THE COUNCIL OF LAODACIA ONE CAN SEE THAT THE PROHIBITION AGAINST JUDEISM WAS TARGETED AGAINST A WAY OF LIFE AS OPPOSED TO A LOCATION OR A TRIBE AS YOUR EXPLANATION HAS SUGGESTED.

ALSO I AM SURE YOU MUST HAVE BEEN EDIFIED BY SCHOFIELDS WORK IN SOME WAY, ADMIT IT

SAY WE AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE CORRECT TRANSLATION IS (OUT OF JUDAH) HOW DOES THAT TRANSLATE TO THERE NOT BEING A DEFINATE CULTURE OR WAY OF LIFE OF THE ISREALITES COMING OUT OF JUDAH?

A CULTURE OR WAY OF LIFE WHICH SCRIPTURE CONFIRMS HAS BEEN MADE AVAILABLE TO THE WHOLE WORLD THROUGH YASHUA IBN JOSEPH.

IN THE CONTEXT YOU ARE PRESENTING (OUT OF JUDAH) SEEING THAT ZACH 8:23 IS PARANTHETICAL, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE LOCATION OF THE TRIBE JUDAH TODAY?

WITHOUT COMING ACROSS LIKE SCOFIELD.

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
This mistranslation of the verse I might be willing to accept:Salvation is of( as is route #1 is of 15 miles from my home....far away) from the jews(those who practice judaism) at least that makes sense. Because we all know salvation is through Jesus Christ. Therefore the interpretation of the verse you give makes no sense at all most high.quote author=MostHigh]Jhn 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Is this a time of bodily worship we can see in the book of revelations that there is no physical temple in the new jerusalem?

Jhn 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Then what about the christians where do they stand?

Does being a jeudo christian reconcile this issue as we can see in the oriental orthodox (african christianity), or does one just ignore the jewish issue altogether?

These thoughts

1. a jew a descendant of abraham Ham+shem

2. a culture a way of life

I belive this way of life was made available to the whole world through christ,the sermon on the mount confirms this because prophetically he was talking to us all

interesting

Peace love and Joy.
[/quote]
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
jeffrey t: This mistranslation of the verse I might be willing to accept:Salvation is of( as is route #1 is of 15 miles from my home....far away) from the jews(those who practice judaism) at least that makes sense. Because we all know salvation is through Jesus Christ. Therefore the interpretation of the verse you give makes no sense at all most high.quote author=MostHigh]Jhn 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Is this a time of bodily worship we can see in the book of revelations that there is no physical temple in the new jerusalem?

Jhn 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Then what about the christians where do they stand?

Does being a jeudo christian reconcile this issue as we can see in the oriental orthodox (african christianity), or does one just ignore the jewish issue altogether?

These thoughts

1. a jew a descendant of abraham Ham+shem

2. a culture a way of life

I belive this way of life was made available to the whole world through christ,the sermon on the mount confirms this because prophetically he was talking to us all

interesting

Peace love and Joy.

JEFFERY ONLY ONE OF THE JUDEIC FAITH CAN COMPREHEND BODILY WORSHIP (THE BODY IS THE TEMPLE)

JEFFERY THERE ARE ONLY 2 PRIESTHOODS VISIBLE WITHIN THE BIBLE NAZARITE AND LEVITE

JEFFERY FROM THE NAZARITE WAY OF LIFE ONE CAN INSTANTLY COMPREHEND BODILY WORSHIP AS OPPOSED TO EARTHLY SANCTUARY WORSHIP OF THE LEVITE. THIS IS THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOTH ORDERS (ORDER OF LEVI AND ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK)

JEFFERY IS THE WAY OR THE NAZARITE NOT JUDEIC?

JEFFERY WAS YASHUA NOT A NAZARITE AS WAS JOHN AND PAUL AND JOSEPH AND DANIEL AND ...........

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!

Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 3:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
JEFFERY PLS A COMMETRY ON ZACH 8 SEEING JOHN 4 IS NOT CONVICTING ENOUGH

AND ALSO A COMMENTRY ON THE COUNCIL OF LAODACIA PROHIBITING MAN NOT TO JUEDIZE (FACTUAL HISTORY)

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
I said nothing about out of Judah which also is an area of land controlled by a specific group before the time of Christ kknown as judea in his time. The criminal scofield has given me nothing but a headache, no edification whatsoever. I do not pay attention to commentators on scripture, I find GOD on my own as he resides within me(my temple) as the priesthood would not allow me into the temple where they claimed he resided. Instead they forced all into some other structure where they told us what to believe and some things never change. As for your definition you request how about page 253 from volume12 of the jewish encyclopedia? Let us also remember the shelanites. The tribe of judah was never a pure tribe as israel was not as well. All israel was was a group/multitude of different peoples that all believed in the coming of the Christ/messiah. You claim that is known as judaism, but it did not even exist yet. If the word jew and judaism are derivatives of Judah as you have suggested that would mean that they could not have existed prior to Judahs existence which was long after the so called exodus. Allow me to make something very clear here, I worship Christ who IS THE FATHER who has a name as well. Not some insignificant group of people who went astray and needed to be corrected by the MASTER as you have called him. WHY should I even care the location of this mongrel tribe today? I can tell you one thing, they are not in the state of israel. What is your fascination with this group ? By the way, the majority of those who called themselves Israel distanced themselves from your group known as " jews" (the seperate kingdom of Israel) because of the racial creed presented to them that they rejected as well. Both groups /kingdomshowever fell to worship of many other gods. So knowing this you must realize that they were not monotheist as they recognized other gods. At some point they just claimed that the god they worship(yhwy/yahu/jehova etc.) Was supreme. Now a study of deuteronomy 32:8-9 as well as psalm82 and reference# 452 in the hebrew lexicon will explain who yhwy /jehova is and obviously he is not the creator as the definition of #452 in lexicon is "God of jehova" . Which also would explain the entry in jewish encyclopedia volume8 ,page 653 published 1904. Are you not aware of any of tis information? Sounds to me you have been made proselyte and twice the child of hell. Interesting eh?
quote author=MostHigh] Therefore the correct translation of this verse would be "salvation is out of judea" It has nothing to do with any ethnicity and certainly nothing to do with the religion of judaism. Thank you jeffery

I MUST AGREE WITH YOU THAT SCOFIELD IS NOT WITHOUT PREJUDICE BUT WHEN YOU THINK OF IT WHICH COMMENTATOR IS WITHOUT PREJUDICE . IT ONLY TAKES ONE BORN OF THE SPIRIT TO DISCERN THE TRUTH

ALSO READING FACTUAL HISTORY SPECIFICALLY THE EDICTS OF THE COUNCIL OF LAODACIA ONE CAN SEE THAT THE PROHIBITION AGAINST JUDEISM WAS TARGETED AGAINST A WAY OF LIFE AS OPPOSED TO A LOCATION OR A TRIBE AS YOUR EXPLANATION HAS SUGGESTED.

ALSO I AM SURE YOU MUST HAVE BEEN EDIFIED BY SCHOFIELDS WORK IN SOME WAY, ADMIT IT

SAY WE AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE CORRECT TRANSLATION IS (OUT OF JUDAH) HOW DOES THAT TRANSLATE TO THERE NOT BEING A DEFINATE CULTURE OR WAY OF LIFE OF THE ISREALITES COMING OUT OF JUDAH?

A CULTURE OR WAY OF LIFE WHICH SCRIPTURE CONFIRMS HAS BEEN MADE AVAILABLE TO THE WHOLE WORLD THROUGH YASHUA IBN JOSEPH.

IN THE CONTEXT YOU ARE PRESENTING (OUT OF JUDAH) SEEING THAT ZACH 8:23 IS PARANTHETICAL, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE LOCATION OF THE TRIBE JUDAH TODAY?

WITHOUT COMING ACROSS LIKE SCOFIELD.

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!![/quote]
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
The Jewish Encyclopedia, Vol. VIII, page 653, published in 1904, says, "The fact, therefore, now generally accepted by critical scholars, is that in the last days of the kingdom, human sacrifices were offered to Yhwh (Yahu, or Jehovah), as King of Counsellor of the Nation, and that the Prophets disapproved of it." Yahu also is interchangeable with Baal, the Golden Idol, and Satan, who is thought to have been a minor god of the Jews, and an instrument of Baal. quote author=MostHigh]JEFFERY PLS A COMMETRY ON ZACH 8 SEEING JOHN 4 IS NOT CONVICTING ENOUGH

AND ALSO A COMMENTRY ON THE COUNCIL OF LAODACIA PROHIBITING MAN NOT TO JUEDIZE (FACTUAL HISTORY)

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!

[/quote]
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by MostHigh: 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=jeffrey t]I said nothing about out of Judah which also is an area of land controlled by a specific group before the time of Christ kknown as judea in his time. The criminal scofield has given me nothing but a headache, no edification whatsoever. I do not pay attention to commentators on scripture, I find GOD on my own as he resides within me(my temple) as the priesthood would not allow me into the temple where they claimed he resided. Instead they forced all into some other structure where they told us what to believe and some things never change. As for your definition you request how about page 253 from volume12 of the jewish encyclopedia? Let us also remember the shelanites. The tribe of judah was never a pure tribe as israel was not as well. All israel was was a group/multitude of different peoples that all believed in the coming of the Christ/messiah. You claim that is known as judaism, but it did not even exist yet. If the word jew and judaism are derivatives of Judah as you have suggested that would mean that they could not have existed prior to Judahs existence which was long after the so called exodus. Allow me to make something very clear here, I worship Christ who IS THE FATHER who has a name as well. Not some insignificant group of people who went astray and needed to be corrected by the MASTER as you have called him. WHY should I even care the location of this mongrel tribe today? I can tell you one thing, they are not in the state of israel. What is your fascination with this group ? By the way, the majority of those who called themselves Israel distanced themselves from your group known as " jews" (the seperate kingdom of Israel) because of the racial creed presented to them that they rejected as well. Both groups /kingdomshowever fell to worship of many other gods. So knowing this you must realize that they were not monotheist as they recognized other gods. At some point they just claimed that the god they worship(yhwy/yahu/jehova etc.) Was supreme. Now a study of deuteronomy 32:8-9 as well as psalm82 and reference# 452 in the hebrew lexicon will explain who yhwy /jehova is and obviously he is not the creator as the definition of #452 in lexicon is "God of jehova" . Which also would explain the entry in jewish encyclopedia volume8 ,page 653 published 1904. Are you not aware of any of tis information? Sounds to me you have been made proselyte and twice the child of hell. Interesting eh?
quote author=MostHigh] Therefore the correct translation of this verse would be "salvation is out of judea" It has nothing to do with any ethnicity and certainly nothing to do with the religion of judaism. Thank you jef

Therefore the correct translation of this verse would be "salvation is out of judea

IS THE ABOVE STATEMENT NOT YOUR WORDS??

ALSO YOU CANNOT FIND GOD ON YOU OWN (WHERE 2 OR 3 ARE I AM THERE) I AM GUESSING THATS WHY YOU ARE HERE.

STILL NO COMMENT ON LAODACIA EH!

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
jeffrey t Soon after his arrival Ezra was compelled to take strenuous measures against marriage with non-Hebrew women (which had become common even among men of high standing), and he insisted in a very dramatic manner upon the dismissal of such wives (Ezra ix. and x.); but it was only after the arrival of Nehemiah (444 B.C.; comp. Neh. viii. 1 et seq.) that he published the "book of the law of Moses" which he had brought with him from Babylon, and made the colony solemnly recognize it as the basis of their religious and civil code The Jewish Encyclopedia, Vol. VIII, page 653, published in 1904, says, "The fact, therefore, now generally accepted by critical scholars, is that in the last days of the kingdom, human sacrifices were offered to Yhwh (Yahu, or Jehovah), as King of Counsellor of the Nation, and that the Prophets disapproved of it." Yahu also is interchangeable with Baal, the Golden Idol, and Satan, who is thought to have been a minor god of the Jews, and an instrument of Baal. quote author=MostHigh:
JEFFERY PLS A COMMETRY ON ZACH 8 SEEING JOHN 4 IS NOT CONVICTING ENOUGH

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!

Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=jeffrey t][/quote The historical character of the Biblical data regarding Ezra the Scribe (after Ed. Meyer, "Die Entstehung des Judenthums," p. 321) is generally conceded. But the zeal of Ezra to carry out his theory that Israel should be a holy seed ( ), and therefore of absolutely pure Hebrew stock, was not altogether effective; that his views met with opposition is indicated in the books of Ruth and Jonah. The "book of the law" which he proclaimed at the public assembly (Neh. viii.-x.) is substantially identified with the Priestly Code (P), which, though containing older priestly ordinances ("torot"wink, came to be recognized as the constitutional law of the congregation (Judaism) only after Ezra's time and largely through his and Nehemiah's influence and authority
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=jeffrey t][/quote. Note that all the information I have just sent to you comes directly from the jewish encyclopedia. If you have issue with it address them and not me. Thank you. This is the theory now held by most of the modern scholars, modified by the recognition that many of the subclans’ names point to localitics—the numen of the place being believed to be the father of the inhabitants. This fact suggests a similar original meaning of the names of some of Jacob's sons (e.g., Asher, Benjamin [the southern]); and it is evident that in the patriarchal cycles later history is projected into earlier centuries, so that tribal rankings as expressed in patriarchal family events correspond to subsequent historical relations. For example, Joseph and Judah typify two distinct lines of descent, Judah in all likelihood being a nonIsraelitish mixed tribe. In the quarrels of Leah and Rachel are mirrored the struggles for the hegemony waged by these two sets of tribes._ That some of these tribes are descended through a concubinc. the bondwoman of a legitimate wife, expresses the historical fact that they were deemed to be of less pure blood or of less importance than others, and were held to a certain extent in vassalage by the more powerful tribes. In like manner later territorial relations are worked out in the tribal genealogies, which accounts for the omission of some of the tribes (e._q., Simeon and Levi) from the lists or from the blessings (Deut. xxxiii., for instance)This is the theory now held by most of the modern scholars, modified by the recognition that many of the subclans’ names point to localitics—the numen of the place being believed to be the father of the inhabitants. This fact suggests a similar original meaning of the names of some of Jacob's sons (e.g., Asher, Benjamin [the southern]); and it is evident that in the patriarchal cycles later history is projected into earlier centuries, so that tribal rankings as expressed in patriarchal family events correspond to subsequent historical relations. For example, Joseph and Judah typify two distinct lines of descent, Judah in all likelihood being a nonIsraelitish mixed tribe. In the quarrels of Leah and Rachel are mirrored the struggles for the hegemony waged by these two sets of tribes._ That some of these tribes are descended through a concubinc. the bondwoman of a legitimate wife, expresses the historical fact that they were deemed to be of less pure blood or of less importance than others, and were held to a certain extent in vassalage by the more powerful tribes. In like manner later territorial relations are worked out in the tribal genealogies, which accounts for the omission of some of the tribes (e._q., Simeon and Levi) from the lists or from the blessings (Deut. xxxiii., for instance)
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=jeffrey t][/quote] At this point I have given you answers to all your questions. Answer mine now...........The Fathers Name also known as Christ. Be aware that we have established from lexicons, jewish encyclopedia both credible sources I would assume you agree that it is not yhwy/yahu/jehova or any other variant of this minor deity of canaanite form of worship(sons of eliyon) . I can give many more reference #s from hebrew lexicon if not convinced yet as to yhwy/yahu/jehova is so let us not waste time there. Why would I want to worship the baal of judah? You see this is whag I believe. Tell me if it makes sense to you. If christians believe that the FATHER CHRIST speaks of is yhwy, and CHRIST and the FATHER are one and the same do not christians worship the baal of judah? That would mean that the faith/religion of Christianity has been stolen from christians who do not know what I have just explained from study tools provided for reading scripture. This is why it is dangerous to read scripture without the proper tools and time required to study it. They will be lied to as they always have been on this subject. In my opinion , the majority of places of worship are referred to in rev:2, verse 9. When you find me a church that preaches these truths I will attend regularly. I have searched a long time though and have not seen one yet. I am 53 years of age now and been looking well over half of my life.
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=MostHigh][/quote]I say that this is what the verse states. Interpret it how you want but it can not be made to mean salvation is of the jews. Just because a verse claims that where two or more gather in my name would be considered church/fellowship, nowhere will you find that one can not worship and find GOD on his own. I fellowship with those who understand these truths, not with those who do not. I do however try to show the truth to those who are unaware which is why I am here. Not your reason at all sir.
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=MostHigh][/quote]As far as judaizing anyone, I agree with CHRIST. That should be clear enough for anyone who pays attention to the RED LETTERS.
Re: Salvation Is Of The Jews. by jeffreyt: 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
Just a thought, if you are under the impression that all of the patriarchs of the ot were jews(a race/ethnicity) as you claim woulds esau not have been a jew as well? Who were the hebrews(habiru)? Were they jews? Where did they originate from? Was Sarah a jew?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jehovahs Witnesses United Nations Association / PMCH. MFM. Prayers Just Before Giving Your 1st Fruit Offering. / See The 9 Lies Of Pornography And How To Break Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.