Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,126 members, 7,933,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:23 PM

Scientific Miracles from the Quran - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Scientific Miracles from the Quran (8657 Views)

Scientific Miracles Of The Quran / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by truthman2012(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2013
miftaudeen: There are two types miracle. A miracle done by all d prophets of Allah and a miracle done by d follower of shaytan in order to deceive people. Mind u he whoever not believe in oneness of God and all His prophets can never perform miracle of God rather he would be aids by shaytan's miracle. For u to know d man of God firstly study his ideology then ask ur self, did his ideology tends to recognise d oneness of God?, did he believes in all d prophets?, did he follows d step laid down by God in d stripture?. If u get these from a person that means is a man of God and u can only find these qualities from muslim b'cos they belief in one God and His prophets.

From your statement, true miracle comes from those who believe in the oneness of God and His prophets. Didn't Muhammad believe in all that? Why was he unable to do any?

What about those muslims (alfas amd imams) who have all the belief you stated, why are they unable to do miracles but resort to Arabian magic (hontu and tira)?

If the quran is a miracle, those who believe in it should be able to do miracle as well. What is the point carrying a miraculous book without experiencing miracle yourself?
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 5:50pm On May 20, 2013
If the quran is a miracle, those who believe in it should be able to do miracle as well. What is the point carrying a miraculous book without experiencing miracle yourself?[/quote]

followers of shaytan will like to perform miracle in other to deceive people, as we are not magician
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2013
miftaudeen:

followers of shaytan will like to perform miracle in other to deceive people, as we are not magician
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2013
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 5:57pm On May 20, 2013
[quote author=truthman2012]

From your statement, true miracle comes from those who believe in the oneness of God and His prophets. Didn't Muhammad believe in all that? Why was he unable to do any?

Source: Sahih Bukhari

A number of miracles were bestowed upon and performed by Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) to establish the proof of his prophethood. The greatest miracle bestowed upon him was the revelation of the Qur'an. The Qur'an is miraculous in a number of aspects: Its linguistic perfection and inimitability, its validation by recent historical, archaeological, and scientific discoveries, its prophecies and so on. Unlike the miracles of other prophets before him, the miracle of the Qur'an is eternal. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) also provided us with a number of true prophecies.

Below are accounts of the some of the other miracles of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) . Before reading these, it helps to know something about the Science of Traditions (Arabic: Ahadith), an exacting and comprehensive system developed by early Muslim scholars to verify the chain of transmission of these accounts, as well as investigating the trustworthiness and capability of every narrator at every level of the chain. This thorough authentication process ensures that these accounts are real, validated narrations of the sayings, actions, and tacit approvals of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

The Traditions mentioned below are all from Sahih al-Bukhari, the most authentic collection of ahadith.

1.Splitting of the Moon
2.Food Multiplication
3.Water Multiplication
4.Supplication for Rain
5.Lights to guide Companions
6.Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree
7.Glorification of Allah by the Prophet's meals
8.The explusion of a liar's corpse by the Earth
9.The Speech of the Wolf
10.The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem and Ascent to the Heavens
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 5:58pm On May 20, 2013
What about those muslims (alfas amd imams) who have all the belief you stated, why are they unable to do miracles but resort to Arabian magic (hontu and tira)?

@truthman2012 miracle is not a thing people prepare for, its happen unexpectedly or the doer will not comes out and say i have miracle for you.it is the force or questions of unbeliever that makes miracle happen to the man of GOD. All those pastor that perform miracle had agreement with shaytan.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by truthman2012(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2013
miftaudeen:

@truthman2012 miracle is not a thing people prepare for, its happen unexpectedly or the doer will not comes out and say i have miracle for you.it is the force or questions of unbeliever that makes miracle happen to the man of GOD. All those pastor that perform miracle had agreement with shaytan.

You are very very wrong. Miracles don't happen by accident, you make it to happen.

John 11:38-45
When Jesus raised Lazarus, was it unexpectedly. When He was preparing to raise him, people did not believe He could do it. They told Him there was no need as Lazarus was already smelling. Jesus said to them: ''Have I not told you if you believe you shall see the glory of God?''. So many miracles He did in the public, making it to happen deliberately.

Muhammad and his faithfuls cannot make miracles happen deliberately because deliberate miracles happen only in the name of Jesus.

Miracle is not done by Adeboye alone. Anyone who believes and have enough faith can do it. I have prayed and seen miracles happen. Many miracles. All it takes is faith in Jesus.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2013
[quote author=truthman2012]

You are very very wrong. Miracles don't happen by accident, you make it to happen.

John 11:38-45
When Jesus raised Lazarus, was it unexpectedly. When He was preparing to raise him, people did not believe He could do it. They told Him there was no need as Lazarus was already smelling. Jesus said to them: ''Have I not told you if you believe you shall see the glory of God?''. So many miracles He did in the public, making it to happen deliberately.

Muhammad and his faithfuls cannot make miracles happen deliberately because deliberate miracles happen only in the name of Jesus.

Miracle is not done by Adeboye alone. Anyone who believes and have enough faith can do it. I have prayed and seen miracles happen. Many miracles. All it takes is faith in Jesus.

did jesus came out and say this is the hour of miracle, i have miracle for you? capital NO,isn't the unbeliever that wanted to test him because is the sign that is paramount among them to detect the prophet of God.

adeboye is philosopher, he deceive you people by using shaytan's power very soon his secret will be lick out.

those who reject their lord, shaytan will be there helper he will be deceiving them by making miracle happen to them.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2013
The Formation of Mountains

The holy verse:

God be he exalted says: (And He has affixed into the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and rivers and roads, that you may guide yourselves.) [Surat An-Nahl, verse: 15].

The explanation of the verse:

Al-Imam Al-Tabary may God have mercy on him said: God let the mountains fixed in the earth and (standing firm) means fixed.

And this verse includes an indication to the formation of mountains by casting from the bottom to the top as these mountains are protruded to help in stabilizing the earth so as not to be shaken or disturbed.

Scientific facts:

It was newly discovered that the mountains are formed in several ways but all depends on the prominence of the mountain's substance and its accumulation to the top like a man who throws a quantity of dust for example until it forms a hill.

Scientists say that the mountains contribute significantly in fixing the earth crust it has a shape like a peg, so they work on balancing the earth.

An image taken by NASA, it shows the mountain chains and they say that without these chains the earth wouldn't have been balanced. Therefore God be he exalted said: (And He has affixed into the Earth Mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and rivers and roads, that you may guide yourselves.) [Surat An-Nahl, verse: 15].

The point of inimitability:

The Quran talked 14 centuries ago about the importance of mountains in fixing the earth and about their formation by casting and it was shown that this is scientifically true and that there is no contradiction between Quran and modern science.

And this indicates that the Quran is geologically miraculous because at the time of descending down of Quran, no one was aware of these scientific facts that weren't discovered except in the 20th century.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 6:52pm On May 22, 2013
The Fly and Healing

Scientists have proved that the outer face of the fly contains antibiotics and this discovery is very recently, but the Prophet peace be upon him referred to this in his words: (If a fly falls into the drink of anyone, he should dip it then remove it, as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other).

The Hadith:

Al-Bukhari and Ibn-Magah narrated that Abu-Horaira said that the Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said: (If a fly falls into the drink of anyone, he should dip it then remove it, as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other).

The explanation of Hadith:

This Hadith includes a notification from the Prophet peace be upon him about a scientific issue concerning the wing of the fly as the Prophet confirmed that there is a cure in its wing. He also mentioned that the fly that we consider a storehouse for epidemics and diseases, inside it there is cure. And that this cure gets out through dipping the fly in the liquid.

In the modern era, scientists have found through their laboratory experiments on flies that it actually contains antibiotics and they are substances that kill harmful bacteria. And they also found that the best way to extract these antibacterial substances is to dip the fly into the liquid.

From this Hadith, it was shown that the fly carries on one of its wings the cure. And this is a scientific fact that wasn't known except from only one or two years, but the Prophet peace be upon him referred to this fact in his words: (as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other). And this is from the signs of prophecy of Mohammad peace be upon him. And this Hadith confirms that He doesn't say anything from himself.
Photo: The Fly and Healing Scientists have proved that the outer face of the fly contains antibiotics and this discovery is very recently, but the Prophet peace be upon him referred to this in his words: (If a fly falls into the drink of anyone, he should dip it then remove it, as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other). The Hadith: Al-Bukhari and Ibn-Magah narrated that Abu-Horaira said that the Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said: (If a fly falls into the drink of anyone, he should dip it then remove it, as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other). The explanation of Hadith: This Hadith includes a notification from the Prophet peace be upon him about a scientific issue concerning the wing of the fly as the Prophet confirmed that there is a cure in its wing. He also mentioned that the fly that we consider a storehouse for epidemics and diseases, inside it there is cure. And that this cure gets out through dipping the fly in the liquid. In the modern era, scientists have found through their laboratory experiments on flies that it actually contains antibiotics and they are substances that kill harmful bacteria. And they also found that the best way to extract these antibacterial substances is to dip the fly into the liquid. The point of inimitability: From this Hadith, it was shown that the fly carries on one of its wings the cure. And this is a scientific fact that wasn't known except from only one or two years, but the Prophet peace be upon him referred to this fact in his words: (as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other). And this is from the signs of prophecy of Mohammad peace be upon him. And this Hadith confirms that He doesn't say anything from himself.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by truthman2012(m): 8:51pm On May 22, 2013
I pray and miracles happen. Infact I pray for miracles to happen. What is the reason for praying if not expecting a miracle? I am telling you my personal experience. I cannot lie to you and thereby offend God. Never.

I have prayed for a SS patient who I visited because she did not come to church on a Sunday and immediately after the prayer in Jesus name, she became well.

There was a brother who was suffering from a disease the doctors could not diagnose. In the company of my wife and another pastor, we prayed for the man. As we were praying, the man (a tall man) fell down and a voice spoke through him, which was not his own voice. We knew it was the voice of the demon troubling him. The man because well and is now in UK. These are just but a few miracles I have personally witnessed.

I tell you the truth, miracles happen in Jesus name. No other name can do miracles. This goes to confirm the words of Jesus in the Bible. He said in my name we will heal the sick and cast out the devils. It is happening live.

Believing in a miraculous Book, which cannot impact the power of miracles on its believers is meaningless.

Satan knows the universe, he knows sciences even the ones man is yet to discovered. Of a truth, he has access to all of God's creations and can tell so much about them.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 11:35am On May 23, 2013
miftaudeen: The Fly and Healing

Scientists have proved that the outer face of the fly contains antibiotics and this discovery is very recently, but the Prophet peace be upon him referred to this in his words: (If a fly falls into the drink of anyone, he should dip it then remove it, as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other).

The Hadith:

Al-Bukhari and Ibn-Magah narrated that Abu-Horaira said that the Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said: (If a fly falls into the drink of anyone, he should dip it then remove it, as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other).

The explanation of Hadith:

This Hadith includes a notification from the Prophet peace be upon him about a scientific issue concerning the wing of the fly as the Prophet confirmed that there is a cure in its wing. He also mentioned that the fly that we consider a storehouse for epidemics and diseases, inside it there is cure. And that this cure gets out through dipping the fly in the liquid.

In the modern era, scientists have found through their laboratory experiments on flies that it actually contains antibiotics and they are substances that kill harmful bacteria. And they also found that the best way to extract these antibacterial substances is to dip the fly into the liquid.

From this Hadith, it was shown that the fly carries on one of its wings the cure. And this is a scientific fact that wasn't known except from only one or two years, but the Prophet peace be upon him referred to this fact in his words: (as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other). And this is from the signs of prophecy of Mohammad peace be upon him. And this Hadith confirms that He doesn't say anything from himself.
Photo: The Fly and Healing Scientists have proved that the outer face of the fly contains antibiotics and this discovery is very recently, but the Prophet peace be upon him referred to this in his words: (If a fly falls into the drink of anyone, he should dip it then remove it, as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other). The Hadith: Al-Bukhari and Ibn-Magah narrated that Abu-Horaira said that the Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said: (If a fly falls into the drink of anyone, he should dip it then remove it, as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other). The explanation of Hadith: This Hadith includes a notification from the Prophet peace be upon him about a scientific issue concerning the wing of the fly as the Prophet confirmed that there is a cure in its wing. He also mentioned that the fly that we consider a storehouse for epidemics and diseases, inside it there is cure. And that this cure gets out through dipping the fly in the liquid. In the modern era, scientists have found through their laboratory experiments on flies that it actually contains antibiotics and they are substances that kill harmful bacteria. And they also found that the best way to extract these antibacterial substances is to dip the fly into the liquid. The point of inimitability: From this Hadith, it was shown that the fly carries on one of its wings the cure. And this is a scientific fact that wasn't known except from only one or two years, but the Prophet peace be upon him referred to this fact in his words: (as there is a disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other). And this is from the signs of prophecy of Mohammad peace be upon him. And this Hadith confirms that He doesn't say anything from himself.

You know you are funny right. You are basically saying whatever disease a fly carries in one of it's wings, it has the cure in it's other wing - CAN YOU PROVE THIS SCIENTIFICALLY?

Before I debate you on this, I will like you to respond
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 11:59am On May 24, 2013
@truthman2012,mr lier why did u like to deceive urself. you pray for ss patient and she ill. there are many ss patients in hospital, go to ojurin in agege many blinds are there, or should i organise one ss patient or a blind man for u? i know can't
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2013
miftaudeen: @truthman2012,mr lier why did u like to deceive urself. you pray for ss patient and she ill. there are many ss patients in hospital, go to ojurin in agege many blinds are there, or should i organise one ss patient or a blind man for u? i know can't

I am waiting for you to prove what science published respectable paper said a fly has an anti-dote for any sickness the fly carries.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by ayenny02(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
alexis:

You know you are funny right. You are basically saying whatever disease a fly carries in one of it's wings, it has the cure in it's other wing - CAN YOU PROVE THIS SCIENTIFICALLY?

Before I debate you on this, I will like you to respond
Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, made a remarkable statement about the flies carrying antidotes:

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease."  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 537)

The Scientific Proofs:

The following articles are from non-Muslim Western sources.

Article #1:

From http://abc.gov.au/science/articles/2002/10/01/689400.htm:  (This is an official Government web site)

Article #2:

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15462958:  (Another official Government web site)

Article #3:

"Drosophila males transfer antibacterial proteins from their accessory gland and ejaculatory duct to their mates Purchase the full-text article

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

O. Lung1, a, L. Kuoa and M.F. WolfnerCorresponding Author Contact Information, a, E-mail The Corresponding Author

Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA

Received 7 July 2000;
accepted 25 October 2000.
Available online 8 March 2001.

Abstract

The male fruitfly, Drosophila melanogaster, transfers to his mate proteins that increase his reproductive success by causing changes in her behavior and physiology. Here we show that among the transferred proteins are ones with antibacterial activity. We performed Escherichia coli overlay assays of native PAGE or renatured SDS–PAGE of reproductive tissue extracts of wild-type or transgenic males deficient in accessory gland function. We detected a 28 kDa male accessory gland-derived protein and two ejaculatory duct-derived proteins all with antibacterial activity. Based on its gel mobility and tissue of synthesis, one of the ejaculatory duct proteins is likely to be andropin, a previously-reported 6 kDa antibacterial peptide. All three proteins are transferred to females during mating. Therefore, they could assist in protecting the male's reproductive tract and, after transfer to the female, the female's reproductive tract or eggs against bacterial infection. Since seminal fluid proteins are transferred before the sperm, these antibacterial proteins may also protect sperm from bacterial infection.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022191000001517

Article #4:

"Brazilian Journal of Microbiology
Print version ISSN 1517-8382
Braz. J. Microbiol. vol.39 no.2 São Paulo Apr./June 2008
doi: 10.1590/S1517-83822008000200035

VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY

Antibacterial activities of multi drug resistant Myroides odoratimimus bacteria isolated from adult flesh flies (Diptera: Sarcophagidae) are independent of metallo beta-lactamase gene

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1517-83822008000200035

1 Like

Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
ayenny02:
Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, made a remarkable statement about the flies carrying antidotes:

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease."  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 537)

Listen, you are side-stepping the question. You haven't scientifically proven it. You can refer me to websites to prove your points but those are not scientific research mate. Your argument still fails to address such embarrassment.

http://abc.gov.au/science/articles/2002/10/01/689400.htm = This link doesn't work

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15462958 = Neither does this one

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022191000001517 = This link talks about reproduction successes in flies and not cure for diseases it carries. Are you deliberately trying to confuse yourself or ignore the question

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1517-83822008000200035 = This links talks about the resistance of the bacteria/germs the fly carries to common drugs around. Again, what has this got to go with Mohammed statement?

His claim is scientifically wrong and hold no basis WHATSOEVER. For you to be honest about it, you are here posting links that side-step the issue and is not related to it in anyway.

So, stop trying to find scientific proofs because it doesn't exist. It was a claim by an illiterate man that had no clue about science.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by ayenny02(m): 3:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
alexis:

http://abc.gov.au/science/articles/2002/10/01/689400.htm = This link doesn't work
If you see the truth, I know you will deny it. I will help you paste it if you can't open the link;

Danny Kingsley - ABC Science Online

Tuesday, 1 October 2002

The surface of flies is the last place you would expect to find antibiotics, yet that is exactly where a team of Australian researchers is concentrating their efforts.

Working on the theory that flies must have remarkable antimicrobial defences to survive rotting dung, meat and fruit, the team at the Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, set out to identify those antibacterial properties manifesting at different stages of a fly's development.

"Our research is a small part of a global research effort for new antibiotics, but we are looking where we believe no-one has looked before," said Ms Joanne Clarke, who presented the group's findings at the Australian Society for Microbiology Conference in Melbourne this week. The project is part of her PhD thesis.

The scientists tested four different species of fly: a house fly, a sheep blowfly, a vinegar fruit fly and the control, a Queensland fruit fly which lays its eggs in fresh fruit. These larvae do not need as much antibacterial compound because they do not come into contact with as much bacteria.

Ugly but useful: The sheep blowfly is one of the fly species that might provide humans with new antibiotics. (Pic: BioTrack.)

Flies go through the life stages of larvae and pupae before becoming adults. In the pupae stage, the fly is encased in a protective casing and does not feed. "We predicted they would not produce many antibiotics," said Ms Clarke.

Related Stories

Scientists to squeeze antibiotics out of sea sponge, Science Online, 04 Oct 2000

They did not. However the larvae all showed antibacterial properties (except that of the Queensland fruit fly control).

Oz fungi screened for new antibiotics, Science Online, 06 Nov 2008

As did all the adult fly species, including the Queensland fruit fly (which at this point requires antibacterial protection because it has contact with other flies and is mobile).

Space to grow antibiotics, Science Online, 06 Nov 2008

Such properties were present on the fly surface in all four species, although antibacterial properties occur in the gut as well. "You find activity in both places," said Ms Clarke.

"The reason we concentrated on the surface is because it is a simpler extraction."

The antibiotic material is extracted by drowning the flies in ethanol, then running the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract.

When this was placed in a solution with various bacteria including E.coli, Golden Staph, Candida (a yeast) and a common hospital pathogen, antibiotic action was observed every time.

"We are now trying to identify the specific antibacterial compounds," said Ms Clarke. Ultimately these will be chemically synthesised.

Because the compounds are not from bacteria, any genes conferring resistance to them may not be as easily transferred into pathogens. It is hoped this new form of antibiotics will have a longer effective therapeutic life
alexis:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15462958 = Neither does this one

Antibacterial action of Myiasis-causing flies.

Erdmann GR.

Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA.

Some species of calliphorid blowflies lay their eggs in wounds; their larvae develop by feeding on the tissue, and the infection is known as myiasis or fly-strike. But wounds, from whatever cause, are frequently contaminated with bacteria - many o f which can spread in the bloodstream causing septicaemia and/or toxaemia. For example, wound contamination with Clostridium welchii - leading to 'gas gangrene' - was a frequent cause of death amongst battlefield casualties. It is from such situations that early observations were made on the beneficial effect of some blowfly larvae in limiting the bacterial infection of wounds. Indeed, some military surgeons would deliberately infest wounds with blowfly maggots in order to prevent bacterial complications. Now, a century or two later, the search for new antibiotics had led researchers back to these early observations, and in this article, Gory Erdmann describes progress in understanding the antibacterial action of blowfly maggots.

PMID: 15462958 [PubMed]
alexis:

His claim is scientifically wrong and hold no basis WHATSOEVER. For you to be honest about it, you are here posting links that side-step the issue and is not related to it in anyway.

So, stop trying to find scientific proofs because it doesn't exist. It was a claim by an illiterate man that had no clue about science.
Either you like it or not truth will prevail,

Science has confirmed that the fly does indeed carry antidote, and it does have useful functions that the human-body could greatly benefit from, such as the soldiers who used flies' larvae to prevent bacterial infections. 

The Hadiths above have a great deal of agreement with Science, and their knowledge was not known to man, 1,500 years ago.  But however, there seems to be a questionable part about whether or not dipping a fly into the food could actually bring harm more than good.

Allah Almighty certainly always Knows best.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
Sleeping on the right side

Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him advised us 1400 years ago to start our sleeping mode on the right side, why?.....…

Scientists say that sleeping on the left side is not favored, as the heart would be under th...e pressure of the right lung, the biggest of the two lungs, and this would affect its contraction especially if the person is old. Also they assure that the full stomach which itself is under the pressure of the heaviest organ in the digestive tract, the liver, which delays its emptying, would also impose a pressure on the heart.Hence they advise people to sleep on the right side especially for patients by any heart disease.

Glory to Allah!!! Who told our prophet this medical advice?
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
@ ayenny02,i decided not to reply him, i knew he would deny the truth because of the hatred they have for the messenger of ALLAH.

If you look at my previous post,thruthman12 ran away at last when he said he had prayed for ss patient and a disease man and were ill from there illness. i told him that i had organised for him a real ss patient and a blind man.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 5:52am On Jun 05, 2013
ayenny02: If you see the truth, I know you will deny it. I will help you paste it if you can't open the link;

Thanks for re-posting and confirming, when I visited the links, they didn't work; now they do. So, lets address the statement made by Mohammed and the claims from these sites; it appears you don't understand my statement:

Bukahari Vol IVNo. 537 === Narrated Abu Huraira: The prophet said."If a house fly falls into the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (into the drink) because one of it's wings has a disease and the other wing has the cure (for that disease)"

Bukhari Vol. VII, no. 673 === Narrated Abu Huraira. Allahs prophet said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it into the vessel and then throw it away, for in one of it's wings there is a disease and in the other wing there is healing"

The statement above is saying, if a fly carries cancer in one of it's wings for example - the cure to cancer is in the other wing. Or if a fly carries typhoid in one of it's wings for example, the cure is in the other wing. WE ALL KNOW THAT MAKES NO SENSE & HAS NO BASIS in SCIENCE. My proof is simple:

The following diseases are caused by flies or attributed to flies:

1. Typhoid
2. Dysentery
3. Leprosy
4. Onchocerciasis (River Blindness)

The above are a few diseases that might be spread through flies. By Mohammeds statement - the same fly that carries these above should have the anti-dote to the diseases. Scientifically and medically, IT'S INCORRECT.

In addressing your links, I wonder if you read them:

http://abc.gov.au/science/articles/2002/10/01/689400.htm === The article is talking about how some flies produce antibacterial properties manifesting at different stages of a fly's development.

To get this anti-bacterial property, you have to: The antibiotic material is extracted by drowning the flies in ethanol, then running the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract.

When this was placed in a solution with various bacteria including E.coli, Golden Staph, Candida (a yeast) and a common hospital pathogen, antibiotic action was observed every time.

So, contrary to Mohammeds claim, the flies produce ANTI-BACTERIAL PROPERTIES AND NOT CURES FOR DISEASES THEY CARRY. Two different ends of the spectrum smiley

We don't need to argue it but knowing you will accept whatever your prophet says without any rational thinking - I ask you to do the following. The next time, you know anyone that has Typhoid fever, catch a fly, was wash it in water for the person to drink and tell him Mohammed said he will get better smiley
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 6:00am On Jun 05, 2013
miftaudeen: Sleeping on the right side

Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him advised us 1400 years ago to start our sleeping mode on the right side, why?.....…

Scientists say that sleeping on the left side is not favored, as the heart would be under th...e pressure of the right lung, the biggest of the two lungs, and this would affect its contraction especially if the person is old. Also they assure that the full stomach which itself is under the pressure of the heaviest organ in the digestive tract, the liver, which delays its emptying, would also impose a pressure on the heart.Hence they advise people to sleep on the right side especially for patients by any heart disease.

Glory to Allah!!! Who told our prophet this medical advice?

Please quote the Hadith where the prophet said this. I am interested in it. Did you know the prophet also said when you pray with your eyes lifted up toward the sky, your eyes will be ripped from your head:

Muslim Vol 1, no 863 Chapter CLXXIII === It is forbidden to lift one's eyes toward the sky in prayer. Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle saying: "People should avoid lifting their eyes towards the sky while supplicating in prayer, otherwise their eyes would be snatched away"

How is it possible that your eyes are snatched from your head when you pray looking up to the sky? DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU? Yet, you will put your reasoning aside and believe WHATEVER your prophet says whether it makes sense or not
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 6:03am On Jun 05, 2013
miftaudeen: @ ayenny02,i decided not to reply him, i knew he would deny the truth because of the hatred they have for the messenger of ALLAH.

If you look at my previous post,thruthman12 ran away at last when he said he had prayed for ss patient and a disease man and were ill from there illness. i told him that i had organised for him a real ss patient and a blind man.

Dude, what ayenny02 posted and what your prophet said are two different things. ayenny02 is trying to rescue Mohammed and he is desperately trying but history is not on your side.

Did you take the time to read the links he sent? The links NEVER CLAIMED that a fly carries the cure of whatever illness they carry - THAT IS SCIENTIFICALLY AND MEDICALLY INCORRECT AND NOT TRUE. Please read the links again.

We can easily prove if Mohammed is right or wrong. Flies are one of the reasons for Typhoid fever. Whenever someone you know has Typhoid, catch a fly, rinse it or wash it in a cup of water and give it to the person to drink to see if it will cure him. That is the simple test grin
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
^ mr. alex, you are talking about Muhammad [sa] when the topic is about the Book, Al Quran, However, when a person is concerned about the possibility of a disease [example: seasonal flu] or engages in a risky action that increases the possibility of a particular disease, hurry up to prevent the disease occurring by immediate medical action [injection, pills] that will trigger the 'antibody' that it is not a full scale, if you get the disease at all. such injection, vaccine, pills often contain a small amount of the 'disease' [the exact combo in the fly; amount of disease and amount of prevention or cure in a preventive mode]. Muhammad [sa] didn't say when you have the disease already from one fly, get another fly and dip it in your drink so that you can cure the disease you already have [this is what you are suggesting in your last post to 'discredit' what science is actually hopeful in]. he is not even encouraging you to be careless or unhygienic so that your drink is magnet of flies.

if you therefore intelligently analyze what the prophet [sa] said, by material from the web you posted above, it shows that antibiotic property was observed and Muhammad [sa] had to know something as far back as his time that is a real knowledge not fully harvested even today. so how can you find fault in light of modern medicine?

first, 14 centuries ago, the prophet [sa] did not perform any experiment, but gave a simple to apply solution to both medical and economical problems; if you find fly in what you are going to consume, sanitize it by dipping the whole fly in it, because this will make the contaminant its body deposited in the liquid ineffective, unless Allah has willed that you will be afflicted. This is my understanding of it, because people say whatever does not kill you makes you strong. i am sure you pick up your food cookie that falls on the ground/ the living room floor. if you tie your camel by dipping the whole fly in the liquid, you trust Allah by saying Bismalla anyways. by this if your are not wealthy, you can't afford to waste the drink. and you can get sick from uncontaminated thing, anyway; the wealthy and powerful and most hygienic get sick of food poison while the poor and not so hygienic and cant afford to throw away expired food may not get sick at all.

i was just reading on the news that un is proposing edible insects [i am not saying house fly] as possible solution of human food problems/shortage. who could have thought 40 years ago the un will be saying this today? http://www.kitchendaily.com/read/eating-bugs-for-protein?ncid=webmail25 [. . .An Unexpected Food That May Save Us

Kitchen Daily 6/3/13

You may want to think twice before squashing the next creepy crawler in your home. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations' recent report, "Edible Insects: Future Prospects for Food and Feed Security," people in both developing and developed countries should be looking to bugs as an important food source. The report offers three main reasons: health, the environment and people's livelihoods.

In terms of nutrition, bugs could truly replace popular proteins such as fish or chicken. They are packed with healthy fats, protein, calcium, iron and zinc. . . .]

it shows that you're laughing at something today maybe because of lack of knowledge and by the correct knowledge tomorrow you definitely have to marvel about the real solution it provides for real problems.

if i go by the house fly and drink statement by the messenger [sa], as a poor man in nigeria, i will have to say the prophetic office he held was from the Only True God because who in school dorm never ate some bugs or even house fly unknowingly or unintentionally? a jamaican friend was telling me that he had ate live worms in his soup served cold in boarding school. i didn't know a single student in my era that got sick for bug infested black eyed peas meal. did you any of your school mates that was hospitalized for any insect in the food or do you throw away your meal that the fly landed before you fanned it away?
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2013
mr. alex, you are talking about Muhammad [sa] when the topic is about the Book, Al Quran, However, when a person is concerned about the possibility of a disease [example: seasonal flu] or engages in a risky action that increases the possibility of a particular disease, hurry up to prevent the disease occurring by immediate medical action [injection, pills] that will trigger the 'antibody' that it is not a full scale, if you get the disease at all. such injection, vaccine, pills often contain a small amount of the 'disease' [the exact combo in the fly; amount of disease and amount of prevention or cure in a preventive mode]. Muhammad [sa] didn't say when you have the disease already from one fly, get another fly and dip it in your drink so that you can cure the disease you already have [this is what you are suggesting in your last post to 'discredit' what science is actually hopeful in]. he is not even encouraging you to be careless or unhygienic so that your drink is magnet of flies.

First of all, the claim that Mohammed made about the fly is not in the Quran, it is from the Hadith. Let us review it to show that your interpretation is different from that of Mohammed's

Bukahari Vol IVNo. 537 === Narrated Abu Huraira: The prophet said."If a house fly falls into the drink of anyone of you, [size=15pt]he should dip it (into the drink) because one of it's wings has a disease and the other wing has the cure (for that disease)[/size]"

Bukhari Vol. VII, no. 673 === Narrated Abu Huraira. Allahs prophet said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, [sixe=15pt]let him dip all of it into the vessel and then throw it away, for in one of it's wings there is a disease and in the other wing there is healing"[/size]

Reading the hadith above, you can clearly see you attempt of rescuing or giving another interpretation to the intended meaning is at best "NOT TRUE". Mohammed statement wasn't related to PREVENTION of the disease like you said but a CURE. He said, if a fly carries any disease in ONE WING, take the fly, dip it into the drink it fell in because it has the same cure to that specific disease.

So, you are trying to rationalize the hadith above but it's not the same thing.

if you therefore intelligently analyze what the prophet [sa] said, by material from the web you posted above, it shows that antibiotic property was observed and Muhammad [sa] had to know something as far back as his time that is a real knowledge not fully harvested even today. so how can you find fault in light of modern medicine?

I did read and analyzed that Mohammed said and it's very very very simple: If a fly carries a disease in one wing, the fly has the cure for that same disease in another wing. It's like saying, if the fly has typhoid fever in one wing, it has the cure of typhoid fever in another - that is exactly what the hadith is saying. The hadith is not saying the fly has anti-bacterial features that muslims are posting around here. You are the one forcing the meaning of the Hadith. CURE and PREVENTION are two different things.

first, 14 centuries ago, the prophet [sa] did not perform any experiment, but gave a simple to apply solution to both medical and economical problems; if you find fly in what you are going to consume, sanitize it by dipping the whole fly in it, because this will make the contaminant its body deposited in the liquid ineffective, unless Allah has willed that you will be afflicted. This is my understanding of it, because people say whatever does not kill you makes you strong. i am sure you pick up your food cookie that falls on the ground/ the living room floor. if you tie your camel by dipping the whole fly in the liquid, you trust Allah by saying Bismalla anyways. by this if your are not wealthy, you can't afford to waste the drink. and you can get sick from uncontaminated thing, anyway; the wealthy and powerful and most hygienic get sick of food poison while the poor and not so hygienic and cant afford to throw away expired food may not get sick at all.

You are making sense here but your explanation is not related to medicine or the medical field. I agree that the prophet didn't do any experiments and as a prophet we can only deduce that it was revealed to him. Again, the hadith is clear on what it means - it said the fly has the CURE to any disease it carries. Clearly, that is not the same-thing as a fly falling in your drink and you deciding whether to continue with the drink or not. The hadith claims that the fly carries a DISEASE, so it means you will get the disease. It also claims the same fly has a CURE to that specific disease, which we know if incorrect.

For example, it's like you saying a mosquito carries the CURE to MALARIA - scientifically, that makes no sense and is NOT TRUE.

i was just reading on the news that un is proposing edible insects [i am not saying house fly] as possible solution of human food problems/shortage. who could have thought 40 years ago the un will be saying this today? http://www.kitchendaily.com/read/eating-bugs-for-protein?ncid=webmail25 [. . .An Unexpected Food That May Save Us

Eating bugs for protein has nothing to do with flies carrying diseases and the same flies having the cure. Insects are eaten all over the world i.e. visit Thailand and you will know what I am talking about.

You may want to think twice before squashing the next creepy crawler in your home. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations' recent report, "Edible Insects: Future Prospects for Food and Feed Security," people in both developing and developed countries should be looking to bugs as an important food source. The report offers three main reasons: health, the environment and people's livelihoods.

In terms of nutrition, bugs could truly replace popular proteins such as fish or chicken. They are packed with healthy fats, protein, calcium, iron and zinc

People eat insects mate, I am not arguing that. That has nothing and no relation to the statement Mohammed made. However, there is no scientific article or report that will tell you a fly carries the CURE for any disease it carries.

if i go by the house fly and drink statement by the messenger [sa], as a poor man in nigeria, i will have to say the prophetic office he held was from the Only True God because who in school dorm never ate some bugs or even house fly unknowingly or unintentionally? a jamaican friend was telling me that he had ate live worms in his soup served cold in boarding school. i didn't know a single student in my era that got sick for bug infested black eyed peas meal. did you any of your school mates that was hospitalized for any insect in the food or do you throw away your meal that the fly landed before you fanned it away?[quote]mr. alex, you are talking about Muhammad [sa] when the topic is about the Book, Al Quran, However, when a person is concerned about the possibility of a disease [example: seasonal flu] or engages in a risky action that increases the possibility of a particular disease, hurry up to prevent the disease occurring by immediate medical action [injection, pills] that will trigger the 'antibody' that it is not a full scale, if you get the disease at all. such injection, vaccine, pills often contain a small amount of the 'disease' [the exact combo in the fly; amount of disease and amount of prevention or cure in a preventive mode]. Muhammad [sa] didn't say when you have the disease already from one fly, get another fly and dip it in your drink so that you can cure the disease you already have [this is what you are suggesting in your last post to 'discredit' what science is actually hopeful in]. he is not even encouraging you to be careless or unhygienic so that your drink is magnet of flies.

Are worms insects? I went to boarding school and yes, there were times ants (not flies) were in my food. Flies cause maggots and I will not eat any food with maggots in the them whether it will make me sick or not. The issue of the fly is not in the Quran, it is in the Hadith, I have quoted the Hadith for you to reference. So, let us say there was fly in my drink, a cup of soda. I took the fly, dipped it in the soda and said "What the heck, the soda is N500 anyways, I have worked hard and I will enjoy this drink and don't get sick". So, I went home and DID get sick? What then - am I to look for the SAME fly and find it's CURE? That is my point - scientifically, it is not true that the fly carries a cure for any disease it spreads - THAT IS UNSURE AND FALSE. However, let us say, I drank the drink and nothing happened to me - does that mean that Mohammed was right - NO!. That is because, I never got any disease in the first place.

So, let us stick to the hadith and the meaning.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
@Alex: I said you are discussing Muhammad [sa]. read it again, while the topic is "Quran. . .". The best cure is prevention. And since the Prophet [sa] said dip it in, it implies that if there is disease in it, InshaAllah, unless it has been willed to afflict you, there will be a cure in the same it that you dip. This is common sense, because in places where you take flu shot before the the flu hit, you may still be hit with the very flu you are trying to prevent, but not as hard on you is the cure here, though it is preventing.

The Messenger [sa] has received from his Lord [SWA} Who created the fly and the disease in the first place. Heck, its cure is also created and when the prophet said dip it in, I will because I have faith in what he was given; Quran, Hadith/Sunnah [wisdom]. i have eaten food that others get sick by and I didn't get sick. What guaranteed do you have to show the insect you had didnt have more disease on it that a fly that did not carry any disease on it or are you assuming fly get hatched with diseases already on it? what gives you the opinion that every fly must carry the diseases you listed from the get go? The God Who destroyed the powerful pharaoh by a mere stick in the hand of Moses, Goliath by the mere sling in the hand of boy David is capable of curing a disease by preventing it from happening in the first place. Muslims believe that their future sins are prevented by what they did in the past. Thats our belief.

Since you are sticking to the book, i wonder why you are introducing mosquito and fever here, while cure is actually preventive measure taking so that the symptom does not manifest.

if you are to prove the hadith to be absolutely incorrect by what it says, you have to be sure that every fly carries the disease that afflicts the person who dips it in his drink and you will have to prove it is the dipping it in that causes him to get sick and God has not planned it for him. you will be combining science that is not always absolute with spirituality which you lack here because you do not believe that God can prevent as a cure so that what you think is certain on you does not happen.

i had illustrated that i know a person who had no choice but to eat the cold soup swimming with maggot. whats maggot except baby flies? if you have no choice and what is available to you as a luxury is that same cold soup, you as a christian will call Jesus and down it in a lickity split.

suit yourself because the palm wine drinkers dont throw it out when the whole keg has flies in it. I am not going to go about in circle. thanks for the opinion. this is mine position.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 6:21am On Jun 08, 2013
@Alex: I said you are discussing Muhammad [sa]. read it again, while the topic is "Quran. . .". The best cure is prevention. And since the Prophet [sa] said dip it in, it implies that if there is disease in it, InshaAllah, unless it has been willed to afflict you, there will be a cure in the same it that you dip. This is common sense, because in places where you take flu shot before the the flu hit, you may still be hit with the very flu you are trying to prevent, but not as hard on you is the cure here, though it is preventing.

Again, you are giving your own interpretation to it. The Hadith was clear on what was meant. You don't have to be ignorant of what was said. Flu shot are caused by viruses, flies carry germs that are mainly bacteria - you have no point here. First, you said the prophet didn't want you to be unhygienic; now you are changing that and saying he said you can dip the fly in your drink because there is a cure. Again, he wasn't talking about prevention - the hadith CLEARLY mentioned CURE and not PREVENTION

The Messenger [sa] has received from his Lord [SWA} Who created the fly and the disease in the first place. Heck, its cure is also created and when the prophet said dip it in, I will because I have faith in what he was given; Quran, Hadith/Sunnah [wisdom]. i have eaten food that others get sick by and I didn't get sick. What guaranteed do you have to show the insect you had didnt have more disease on it that a fly that did not carry any disease on it or are you assuming fly get hatched with diseases already on it? what gives you the opinion that every fly must carry the diseases you listed from the get go? The God Who destroyed the powerful pharaoh by a mere stick in the hand of Moses, Goliath by the mere sling in the hand of boy David is capable of curing a disease by preventing it from happening in the first place. Muslims believe that their future sins are prevented by what they did in the past. Thats our belief.

Again, you are been naive because of your faith. There is no scientific basis for your prophet statement. If a fly carries typhoid fever in one wing, it doesn't posses the cure in another wing. To prove Mohammed is right will be to prove that every fly has the cure to the same disease it spreads - THAT IS NOT TRUE. You are bringing God into this. The fly statement was made by Mohammed and not Allah. That has been my point - there is no scientific basis for such claim as it has no scientific and medical fact in it. Moses, David and Goliath has nothing to do with the claim that Mohammed made mate, try and stick to the point.

Since you are sticking to the book, i wonder why you are introducing mosquito and fever here, while cure is actually preventive measure taking so that the symptom does not manifest.

The prophet didn't mention mosquito so I don't want to misquote him. He said a fly. The arid and host weather in Arabia at that time may not have been a good breeding ground for mosquitoes

if you are to prove the hadith to be absolutely incorrect by what it says, you have to be sure that every fly carries the disease that afflicts the person who dips it in his drink and you will have to prove it is the dipping it in that causes him to get sick and God has not planned it for him. you will be combining science that is not always absolute with spirituality which you lack here because you do not believe that God can prevent as a cure so that what you think is certain on you does not happen.

Mohammed made a scientific statement. So, I have to judge this statement with Science. The same way he said the earth is flat - I have to judge that by science as well. Using science, we see that both statements are wrong - there is nothing spiritual about that. He made an incorrect claim or a false statement.

i had illustrated that i know a person who had no choice but to eat the cold soup swimming with maggot. whats maggot except baby flies? if you have no choice and what is available to you as a luxury is that same cold soup, you as a christian will call Jesus and down it in a lickity split.

First you said worms, now you say baby flies - you are not being very consistent here. Dude, I will NEVER eat maggots. People eat agave worms, honeypot ants, lemon ants, etc. All these are prepared like regular meals. So, I am not disputing that some insects are edible. This thread is about flies having the cure in one of it's wings to a disease it carries in another wing - it is as simple as that.

suit yourself because the palm wine drinkers dont throw it out when the whole keg has flies in it. I am not going to go about in circle. thanks for the opinion. this is mine position.

I respect your position mate and this discussion is not about your position. It is about the statement and claim prophet Mohammed made. I appreciate your response
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
^ Mr. Alex, let me get this straight; are you saying that there is no way for a person to drink what fly has tasted [lets leave dipping it in, for a moment], except that he gets sick of whatever disease the fly carries? please give me a yes or no. then you can explain how certain you're of the yes, meaning its 100% all the time.

are you sure that every fly carry each of these diseases? if you are not sure why do you argue about a statement you can not prove to be certainly wrong each time?

lets come to what the prophet [sa] said. dip the fly that has fallen into your drink [if you must drink it] because if it carries disease, it carries it cure, too [since the disease has not manifested itself as to make the fly sick or unable to seek its food or drink [your drink], while you drink seem to have overwhelm it enough that you can dip it in].

what is a cure? cure is a 'ending' the symptom after it manifested or a prevention of manifestation of the symptom after the action has taken place. what is prevention? action taken so that you do not engage in either of the cure above, meaning you abstain from possible 'cause' [dont consume the drink] or action that will shunt or circumvent manifestation of the symptom before it shows [the antidote]after or before the action. you can see that cure [before the symptom manifests] and prevention [so that the symptom doe not manifest] are really the same thing from different prism. the prophet [sa] the best solution for poor and people are not wasteful and you complaining about it. if you can prevent catching a disease on your own, if God through His prophet [sa] prescribes such a simple prevention by curing you before the symptom consciously doing the action while putting all your trust in God, whats the reason for your doubt since islam has great medical minds in it, today and they are away of this hadith as well?

a person cure his possible headache by not participating in a dialogue with a man who will cause him headache. so he never get the headache which he was cured by refusing the dialogue. the person may go for prevention of the same headache by not participating in the dialogue because he thinks he will get a headache by it. if you dont want to take tablet to cure your headache, cure it before hand by putting in the preventive measure of no dialogue. Either way, Muhammad [sa] is not proven wrong, not by a long shot by you, even if you are the best doctor on the diseases by flies. the reason is that your knowledge is temporal and after you, there will be bigger knowledge in the field of diseases caused by flies. Yet until the last man standing, there will still be knowledge yet undiscovered on the subject. The reason i side with Muhammad [sa] is that he was truthfully honest and his statement about fly and drink is specific. the world will only discover the truth that will benefit them, a tiny amount compared with Knowledge of Allah The Creator, The One Who gave him the speech you are criticizing. This Very God has made the dipping the reason for the poor homeless man who can not throw away the drink not to catch the disease that will keep a wealthy man in the hospital.

by the way, medicine is not an exact science, its more like an art because of the trial and error in curing any disease that has manifested itself. take simple headache as your example. there are many drugs on the market for this very simple 'disease', which making the dipping definitely a more superior cure preventing the diseases that the fly carries that the drinker was not afflicted with. you will keep your money in your pocket when you truth God while you have your share of your daily liquid. you will not need the doctor or the pharmaceutical or any intermediary [to talk to God for you when you say Bismillah].

The jamaican read your post and true to his wit, he said i should let you continue chatting away because you dont know if you have not consumed a fly or even worse in your entire life. thank to Allah you have not gotten sick by any strange thing you ate that you dont know about. the buka food could have fed you worse. the iya eleba will not tell you that she scrapped flies off the epo before hotting it to fry the ata. the food chain "taco bell' just fired a worker who licked stacks of taco shells and serve them to customers. tell me if such a food handler will not serve you fly imbedded your meal or what comes out of his bosy; take away or sit in [your preference]? go ask the palm wine drinker in the drinking store. i bet you will find flies there, sipping from almost all the uncovered glasses which is the reason they cover their cups.

as a side not there is a snippet from the super extraordinary life of the man you are doubting with your less than absolute perfect knowledge of science; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omid-safi/the-prophets-ascension-to-see-the-face-of-god-and-return-to-humanity_b_3403256.html?ref=topbar
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 7:31am On Jun 11, 2013
Mr. Alex, let me get this straight; are you saying that there is no way for a person to drink what fly has tasted [lets leave dipping it in, for a moment], except that he gets sick of whatever disease the fly carries? please give me a yes or no. then you can explain how certain you're of the yes, meaning its 100% all the time.

Nope, this is not my stand. I am not adding interpretation to the Hadith. I am merely following what it said. The BIG word here is IF. The prophet said IF, which means that the fly may or may not carry a disease. If it carries a disease, he claims it has the cure for the same disease. If it doesn't, then there is no need for a cure.

are you sure that every fly carry each of these diseases? if you are not sure why do you argue about a statement you can not prove to be certainly wrong each time?

Read the prophet claims from the Hadith again:

Bukahari Vol IVNo. 537 === Narrated Abu Huraira: The prophet said."If a house fly falls into the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (into the drink) because one of it's wings has a disease and the other wing has the cure (for that disease)"

Bukhari Vol. VII, no. 673 === Narrated Abu Huraira. Allahs prophet said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it into the vessel and then throw it away, for in one of it's wings there is a disease and in the other wing there is healing"

He used the word if as I have explained above. The issue here is that you are trying to use 21st century logic and apply it to 7th century Arabian statement that doesn't hold true to science.

lets come to what the prophet [sa] said. dip the fly that has fallen into your drink [if you must drink it] because if it carries disease, it carries it cure, too [since the disease has not manifested itself as to make the fly sick or unable to seek its food or drink [your drink], while you drink seem to have overwhelm it enough that you can dip it in].

The prophet never said "If you must drink it" - you are adding that. Also, it is not the fly that gets sick - again, this is not what the prophet said. You seem to be mis-quoting the hadith.

what is a cure? cure is a 'ending' the symptom after it manifested or a prevention of manifestation of the symptom after the action has taken place. what is prevention? action taken so that you do not engage in either of the cure above, meaning you abstain from possible 'cause' [dont consume the drink] or action that will shunt or circumvent manifestation of the symptom before it shows [the antidote]after or before the action. you can see that cure [before the symptom manifests] and prevention [so that the symptom doe not manifest] are really the same thing from different prism. the prophet [sa] the best solution for poor and people are not wasteful and you complaining about it. if you can prevent catching a disease on your own, if God through His prophet [sa] prescribes such a simple prevention by curing you before the symptom consciously doing the action while putting all your trust in God, whats the reason for your doubt since islam has great medical minds in it, today and they are away of this hadith as well?

Again, you are mis-quoting the Hadith. We all know that PREVENTION and CURE are not the same. The Hadith never mention PREVENTION, it mentioned CURE. Your attempt at saying they are the same is not true. Also, the prophet never said anything about poor people. He made a statement and you are trying to give different meanings to a simple and direct statement. My stand is simple, the statement has no medical basis. You are yet to prove that if a fly carries a disease in one of it's wings, it has cure for the same disease in another wing. MEDICALLY, that is not true and it is incorrect.

a person cure his possible headache by not participating in a dialogue with a man who will cause him headache. so he never get the headache which he was cured by refusing the dialogue. the person may go for prevention of the same headache by not participating in the dialogue because he thinks he will get a headache by it. if you dont want to take tablet to cure your headache, cure it before hand by putting in the preventive measure of no dialogue. Either way, Muhammad [sa] is not proven wrong, not by a long shot by you, even if you are the best doctor on the diseases by flies. the reason is that your knowledge is temporal and after you, there will be bigger knowledge in the field of diseases caused by flies. Yet until the last man standing, there will still be knowledge yet undiscovered on the subject. The reason i side with Muhammad [sa] is that he was truthfully honest and his statement about fly and drink is specific. the world will only discover the truth that will benefit them, a tiny amount compared with Knowledge of Allah The Creator, The One Who gave him the speech you are criticizing. This Very God has made the dipping the reason for the poor homeless man who can not throw away the drink not to catch the disease that will keep a wealthy man in the hospital.

If it was Allah that revealed to him this Hadith, then that is another question altogether. The Hadith never said it was Allah that revealed it to Mohammed. All the same, what has head-ache got to do with the statement. 7th century arabs were uneducated. Mohammed was uneducated and an illiterate (no offense I am only stating the fact); he made a claim during a time that no one could verify. We on the other hand are able to verify. And, there is no SCIENTIFIC or MEDICAL proof to back up his statement that a fly has a cure for any disease it carries.

For example, he made another claim on genetics. Here is Al-Bukari vol. 4, no 546:

As for the resemblance of the child to it's parents: If a man has sexual intercourse with his wife and get a discharge first, the child will resemble the father and if the woman gets her discharge first, the child will resemble her

Again, this might have been a wonder to 7th century Arabians but we all know that it is genetics and not one's "discharge" which is the key to the physical characteristics on one's child. My point is simple - these claims when scrutinized under the microscope of science and medicine are INCORRECT and NOT TRUE. So, you may try and rescue the Hadith by trying to rationalize it but you can't change the Hadith my friend

by the way, medicine is not an exact science, its more like an art because of the trial and error in curing any disease that has manifested itself. take simple headache as your example. there are many drugs on the market for this very simple 'disease', which making the dipping definitely a more superior cure preventing the diseases that the fly carries that the drinker was not afflicted with. you will keep your money in your pocket when you truth God while you have your share of your daily liquid. you will not need the doctor or the pharmaceutical or any intermediary [to talk to God for you when you say Bismillah].

Head-ache is not a disease. Please do some research before you make such unfounded claims. Science and medicine are interconnected and related. Medical science and research is what produces the medicine we use today. Again, this has nothing to do with what the Hadith say. Trying to dis-credit medicine to give credence to the Hadith is not a way to defend what it said.

The jamaican read your post and true to his wit, he said i should let you continue chatting away because you dont know if you have not consumed a fly or even worse in your entire life. thank to Allah you have not gotten sick by any strange thing you ate that you dont know about. the buka food could have fed you worse. the iya eleba will not tell you that she scrapped flies off the epo before hotting it to fry the ata. the food chain "taco bell' just fired a worker who licked stacks of taco shells and serve them to customers. tell me if such a food handler will not serve you fly imbedded your meal or what comes out of his bosy; take away or sit in [your preference]? go ask the palm wine drinker in the drinking store. i bet you will find flies there, sipping from almost all the uncovered glasses which is the reason they cover their cups.

Again, all that is irrelevant based on the discussion. If your Jamaican wants to eat magots and flies, that is his cup of tea. I have had ants in my food and I have eaten them, nothing happened to me. I have eaten at the buka and nothing happened to me and others have and gotten food poison so you have no point again. The Hadith is simple, it is saying - IF, there is a disease in one of the wings of the fly. If and only if smiley

as a side not there is a snippet from the super extraordinary life of the man you are doubting with your less than absolute perfect knowledge of science; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omid-safi/the-prophets-ascension-to-see-the-face-of-god-and-return-to-humanity_b_3403256.html?ref=topbar

I am sure Mohammed was a wonder to 7th century Arabians and probably to many muslims. However, some of his claims when it comes to science has no basis my friend. He made many claims that will either make him correct and science wrong. So far, science has proven to be right smiley
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
@Alexis: I don't know your life experience and not that it matters, except that if you do not need a chaperon to cross the streets on weekends, please go out to observe the palm wine drinkers in action. Ile Ife prides itself as a place where the natives wake up and first thing done is drinking palm wine. The palm wine kegites is headquartered in Ife. I bet if you hang around and observe, you will see a lot of flies in the palm wine store and they are intending to sip the palm wine because of the sweetness [yeast]. often, flies die in the drink and you may observe drinkers actually clearing them from the cups. They do not empty out their cup because of any fly dips itself in it. They simply picks it out and drink. right there, you can see that what Muhammad [sa] said is in practiced.

since you will not be able to know if there is no disease in the fly that falls in the drink of palm wine drinker, how do you disprove what Muhammad [SA} says? since you can not, we have to assume that it may carry disease[s]. and if a person does not fall sick, we have to assume after all, that it carries the cure as well. the very cure for the disease that could have befallen the person. curing you before you get sick is similar to forgiving you before you sin, so you are not sick because the curing is a prevention, while forgiving you of sin before hand provides a deterrent in place when the time comes and you are in head on collision about to commit the sin, and you walk away from the situation without you committing it, respectively.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by alexis(m): 6:05am On Jun 12, 2013
@Alexis: I don't know your life experience and not that it matters, except that if you do not need a chaperon to cross the streets on weekends, please go out to observe the palm wine drinkers in action. Ile Ife prides itself as a place where the natives wake up and first thing done is drinking palm wine. The palm wine kegites is headquartered in Ife. I bet if you hang around and observe, you will see a lot of flies in the palm wine store and they are intending to sip the palm wine because of the sweetness [yeast]. often, flies die in the drink and you may observe drinkers actually clearing them from the cups. They do not empty out their cup because of any fly dips itself in it. They simply picks it out and drink. right there, you can see that what Muhammad [sa] said is in practiced.

I don't need to go to Ile-ife to understand what you are talking about. In our markets, there are loads of flies that sit on meat and fish we buy or on the food we buy and eat. Eating these foods, does it make us sick - speaking for me personally - NOPE. Has it made another person other than me sick - YES. That is why the Hadith used the word IF:

Bukahari Vol IVNo. 537 === Narrated Abu Huraira: The prophet said."[size=15pt]If[/size] a house fly falls into the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (into the drink) because one of it's wings has a disease and the other wing has the cure (for that disease)"

Bukhari Vol. VII, no. 673 === Narrated Abu Huraira. Allahs prophet said, "[b][size=15pt]If[/size] a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it into the vessel and then throw it away, for in one of it's wings there is a disease and in the other wing there is healing"[/b]

Again, the fly can make you sick or it can't make you sick depending IF it carries a disease that can affect you. The claim is that IF it does, the same fly has the cure to that disease in it's other wing. I have a friend who is susceptible to typhoid fever, I can drink water or eat out some-place that might not be too hygienic and won't get typhoid fever but not her. She catches typhoid fever very easily so she drinks only bottled water and prepare food at home under strict hygienic conditions.

Another example, the same mosquito that can bite someone and the person get malaria can bite another person and they wouldn't get malaria but does that mean we should open our windows for mosquitoes to fly in and bite us? The prophet said IF the fly carries a disease, it has a cure for the same disease - WE KNOW THAT IS NOT TRUE AND INCORRECT.

since you will not be able to know if there is no disease in the fly that falls in the drink of palm wine drinker, how do you disprove what Muhammad [SA} says? since you can not, we have to assume that it may carry disease[s]. and if a person does not fall sick, we have to assume after all, that it carries the cure as well. the very cure for the disease that could have befallen the person. curing you before you get sick is similar to forgiving you before you sin, so you are not sick because the curing is a prevention, while forgiving you of sin before hand provides a deterrent in place when the time comes and you are in head on collision about to commit the sin, and you walk away from the situation without you committing it, respectively

You seem to be playing semantics now. Simply assuming it doesn't make you sick doesn't mean it cured you. So, what if it made you sick - then what? You can't refute the alternative by saying the cure is the evidence because it doesn't make you sick - THAT IS NOT WHAT THE HADITH SAID . Flies spread Typhoid fever, people catch typhoid fever from such flies - does it mean those flies carry the cure of typhoid fever?

I understand you are trying to rationalize and defend the statement of Mohammed but history is not on your side. Did you see what he said about genetics? I mentioned that in my last post.

He also said that a muslim has one intestine and a non-muslim has 7 intestine. Medically or scientifically, that doesn't make any sense but the prophet made this claim. He also said Adam was 90 feet tall? How tall was Eve and their kids then? These are some of the claims that I am saying is scientifically wrong.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
@alexis; you seem to be a person who takes things and understand them literally. right? if this is so, could you discount that it is literally logical for anyone to arrive at calling the man who overshadowed and came upon a woman that bore a son you call the son of the woman her husband? is it not also literally logical to arrive at saying the 1 hung is also the ones not seen if the one hung is one and the same the invisible ones? if you can say Jesus is literally son of God or Mary is literally the spouse of God though Mary is the literally mother of Jesus her son and you can say Jehovah was hung when you say Jesus was literally hung, we need to understand what Prophet Muhammad [sa] meant by 1 intestine and intestines.

Even though I was reading this hadith for the very first time from you, i easily could give you an explanation based on the 7 in islam and the fact that all humans, in normal circumstances have the same internal organs. but i did want come up with my own explanation so i goggle the hadith and here is what i found and it is not so different from my guess from the moment i read what you think was a slam dunk.

7 is very many or too much. a person who becomes a glutton in food can be said to have 7 intestines.

below is a good read about 7 Intestines [glutton quality]
www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/morals-and.../169721.html

. . . .The scholars say that one should not take the number seven literally; it is used in Arabic to indicate large number or quantity. “Eating in seven intestines” is a metaphorical way of saying “eating too much or being too greedy.”

Some scholars say that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was not speaking generally but he was referring to a particular person who came to visit him. This person was offered a glass of milk to drink, and he drank. His host poured some more milk in his glass and he drank that. Then some more was given and he drank that, too. This continued until this person drank seven glasses of milk. Next day he came again to the Prophet and the Prophet spoke to him about the message of Islam. The visitor accepted Islam. The Prophet again offered him the milk, but this time he took only one serving and that was sufficient for him. The Prophet then remarked that when he was a non-believer he drank seven times more than what he drank after his accepting Islam. So in this sense, some scholars say that this was not a general remark about every non-believer and believer. This remark was made about a particular person only. (See Tuhfatul Ahwazi Sharh At-Tirmidhi)" . . .

and back to the fly, I called many nigerians i know and including those in europe and in abuja nigeria. i can give you their response on skype if it makes you happy, without names; all agreed that people just take it out and down their drink. Your problem is that you will say because they didnt get sick, the fly does not carry the diseases. Well, you dont know that for sure since you didnt test the fly and you did not receive any revelation about it from God. if a person falls sick it is not necessary that it is because the fly entered their drink. It may be because of other reason.

if you are to disprove the hadith, you have to provide data with 100% accuracy that all those who consume their drink after they dipped the fly the found in it got sick of what the fly carried. you know how impossible your task is? not all scientists on earth can disprove this one and you are going about as if you got something. and in all your argument, you have not provided a single verifiable evidence that a man got sick after he followed the hadith to the letter, including trusting God by saying the Bismilla.
Re: Scientific Miracles from the Quran by miftaudeen(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
He has let loose the two seas…..

The holy verses:

God be He exalted says: (He has let loose the two seas meeting together, between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress, Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny?, Out of them both come out pearl and coral, Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny?) [Surat Ar-Rahman, verses: 19-23].

The explanation of the verses:

The holy verses talk about God's grace to us that He be exalted mixed the two salty seas, as we find that there is a barrier between every two salty seas and this barrier is an area which extends for several kilometers. And God be He exalted told us that each of the two seas is salty because pearl and coral come out of them and they aren't present except in salty seas.

Thus the verses talk about a barrier between the two seas, so what do scientific facts and marine scientists say?

Scientific fact:

When the scientists studied the area of the strait between the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean, they have found that there is a separating area between them and this area has specific characteristics, so each one of the two seas has its own specific characteristics such as temperature, salinity, density and the types of fish that live in it.

So the Red Sea has its own characteristics and the Indian Ocean also has its own characteristics and there is a separating area between them which is the strait's area where the two seas meet and mix together. But despite of the passing of thousands of years, the characteristics of each of the two seas remains as it is and this is from God's graces to us.

A picture that shows the area of the barrier between the mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean and this region contributes in the balance of the seas so as to prevent mixing and transgression, therefore God be He exalted said: (He has let loose the two seas meeting together, between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress, Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny?).

The miracle in this verse is that it talks about a fact in marine science that wasn't known except recently which is the strait's area and the presence of this area prevents the transgression of one of the seas on the other, therefore God be He exalted said: (Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny?).

Also no one was aware of this fact at the time of the descending of Quran, therefore this verse is considered to be one of the verses of the scientific miracles in the holy Quran.
Photo: He has let loose the two seas….. The holy verses: God be He exalted says: (He has let loose the two seas meeting together, between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress, Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny?, Out of them both come out pearl and coral, Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny?) [Surat Ar-Rahman, verses: 19-23]. The explanation of the verses: The holy verses talk about God's grace to us that He be exalted mixed the two salty seas, as we find that there is a barrier between every two salty seas and this barrier is an area which extends for several kilometers. And God be He exalted told us that each of the two seas is salty because pearl and coral come out of them and they aren't present except in salty seas. Thus the verses talk about a barrier between the two seas, so what do scientific facts and marine scientists say? Scientific fact: When the scientists studied the area of the strait between the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean, they have found that there is a separating area between them and this area has specific characteristics, so each one of the two seas has its own specific characteristics such as temperature, salinity, density and the types of fish that live in it. So the Red Sea has its own characteristics and the Indian Ocean also has its own characteristics and there is a separating area between them which is the strait's area where the two seas meet and mix together. But despite of the passing of thousands of years, the characteristics of each of the two seas remains as it is and this is from God's graces to us. A picture that shows the area of the barrier between the mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean and this region contributes in the balance of the seas so as to prevent mixing and transgression, therefore God be He exalted said: (He has let loose the two seas meeting together, between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress, Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny?). The point of inimitability: The miracle in this verse is that it talks about a fact in marine science that wasn't known except recently which is the strait's area and the presence of this area prevents the transgression of one of the seas on the other, therefore God be He exalted said: (Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinn and men) deny?). Also no one was aware of this fact at the time of the descending of Quran, therefore this verse is considered to be one of the verses of the scientific miracles in the holy Quran.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year / Muslims: Can You Clear These? / Does Gala Contain Swine Meat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 324
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.