Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,846 members, 7,872,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S (14484 Views)

Attacks By Boko Haram Have Reduced In Nigeria, Says Buhari - ThisDay / Nigerian Airforce Drone Strike Shatters Boko Haram Tank (video) / Stop Celebrating Boko Haram Attacks To Prove Jonathan’s Incompetence –nelson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by ebucha: 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence source http://www.naijapundit.com/news/u-s-likely-to-expand-drone-attacks-to-nigeria-says-leon-panetta-u-s-defence-secretary This is a no-brainer.
The USA is obviously attempting to use the BH attacks as a pretext to subtly gain access to our national wealth, mainly mineral resources and agriculture.

My main fear for nigeria is that GEJ's sense of judgement cannot be trusted. He is a novice and weakling. He has proven that time and again.
May God give GEJ the foresight, wisdom and courage to say no to this diabolic proposal and defend the sovereignity of his country.

If the US REALLY wants to aid nigeria tackle BH, we do not need their drones. They could offer technical assistance by freely training/ update delegates from the nigerian military intelligence on counter-terrorism tactics, and this should be done on american soil.
That way, we'll know the US is concerned and willing to contribute to curbing BH activities in Nigeria without any strings attached.
Think about these: Why would the US be spending fortunes expediting drone attacks in nigeria? Did we request their assistance? Is nigeria at war with the US?

Nigerians are no id.io.ts, we know exactly what this is all about. Say NO to the US and their drones!

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by vanstanzy(m): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Truckpusher: You don't have to quote the whole damn thing for only two paragraphs lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Thank you Sir! grin grin grin
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
its high time we all stand up nd say no to american imperialist agenda,s how cam targetted killing of people without trial'in a court of law be justified and yet they flaunt democracy and freedom assive that is what they stand for!

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Jeejile: 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
tiarabubu: [size=20pt]Fire on the mountain, Shekau run run run run! [/size] grin

Seriously, a drone strike will aggravate the situation. The Jihadists will engage in a media war alleging all sorts of "crusade" against Muslims etc. And seeing what common eclipse of the sun made jobless Muslim youths to do in Maiduguri, the worse to come. Also, that calls to question Nigeria's sovereignty.

I would rather they share the intelligence and let the Nigerian security services do the ground work. At least thats what happens all over the world - sharing intel.

US has no barrier bw Muslim and Christian in Nigeria, their target is WEALTH, they cannot strike on a barren country. Take statistics of all the countries where they stroked in the world, from Iraq in middle east to Sudan in Africa. So, don't deceive yourself that it is only the north will suffer, they can kill anybody in Niger (even our first citizen) provided their target will be achieved. JUST SAY NO TO THEM.

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Fornorth(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
executinal:
More thank Boko harams? You must be sick in your brain for vomiting this trash. As our government can not do anything, US presence will be a more secure to us. Hope they start with Elrufai as their first target lol.
the more people us drones kills the more it created people who are willing to sercrifice themself for revenge, check pakistan,afganistan,iraq and co where us use its massive force and high level techanology what is the outcome, have drones stop taliban from lunching attack in pakistan? Have NATO forces stop afganistan taliban from operating? What is the achivement in us mission in iraq did it make iraq any better then saddam regime?. So mr funny man mark my world the day first drone hit nigeria we will never ever have peace again coz that is when you will realy know how badly us want our oil.

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by ebucha: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
nas 00: This is a no-brainer.
The USA is obviously attempting to use the BH attacks as a pretext to subtly gain access to our national wealth, mainly mineral resources and agriculture.

My main fear for nigeria is that GEJ's sense of judgement cannot be trusted. He is a novice and weakling. He has proven that time and again.
May God give GEJ the foresight, wisdom and courage to say no to this diabolic proposal and defend the sovereignity of his country.

If the US REALLY wants to aid nigeria tackle BH, we do not need their drones. They could offer technical assistance by freely training/ update delegates from the nigerian military intelligence on counter-terrorism tactics, and this should be done on american soil.
That way, we'll know the US is concerned and willing to contribute to curbing BH activities in Nigeria without any strings attached.
Think about these: Why would the US be spending fortunes expediting drone attacks in nigeria? Did we request their assistance? Is nigeria at war with the US?

Nigerians are no id.io.ts, we know exactly what this is all about. Say NO to the US and their drones!!
On point. You said it all. Better we rebroadcast this write up.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Meegadough: 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
At last the beast is coming!
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by dederocs(m): 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
very good,better for us to incur collateral damages from US drones than continously be embarrassed by dumb northerners and their misleading religious leaders.pls may the drones arrive quickly-since them no wan hear word.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by dederocs(m): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
ebucha: On point. You said it all. Better we rebroadcast this write up.
who voted or supported Goodluck?
a people deserve the type of leader they get...Bleep the north-nothing more to say here,let us use what works-drones.what re u gaining from Nigeria as it is?...all our wealth are in the hands of less than 1percent.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by kandiikane(m): 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
Who or what gives them the right to do this?

I thought Africa had independence from outside rule and orders?

If people come resist they call them terrorist. Azzholes, may judgement, fire and brimstone rain down on their azzes and hellhole.

Africa, it shall be well.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by jude33084(m): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Good! They should hurry up.

Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† if their target is your next door neighbour? undecided

Will your parents accept collateral damage? tongue
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by jude33084(m): 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
Reski: its high time we all stand up nd say no to american imperialist agenda,s how cam targetted killing of people without trial'in a court of law be justified and yet they flaunt democracy and freedom assive that is what they stand for!

Why didnt you stand up to challenge Boko Haram grin

Anyway the Americans are joking undecided
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by miftah: 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
Dis so cal US neva want anything gud for any oil rich country, dey shld concentrate on their own palava and let Nigeria be.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by aglomar: 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
Good. If GEJ can't contain BH then it's high time Uncle Sam helped us out.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by stevecantrell: 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
That's right !

And who ever said BH is limited to the North ?
A lot of their major sponsors are under cover, living in southern states like Lagos. Imagine living in an apartment block or travelling in a vehicle/aircraft (unknowingly) with one of these 'targets'... undecided

Jeejile:

US has no barrier bw Muslim and Christian in Nigeria, their target is WEALTH, they cannot strike on a barren country. Take statistics of all the countries where they stroked in the world, from Iraq in middle east to Sudan in Africa. So, don't deceive yourself that it is only the north will suffer, they can kill anybody in Niger (even our first citizen) provided their target will be achieved. JUST SAY NO TO THEM.

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by antontech(m): 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2013
Welcom development
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by jamst(m): 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
Afolabs101: This is why I fear for our country!

The US is saying drone strikes may extend to Nigeria and our Government are silent. Are we at war with the US If we're not, they have no business sending drones into our airspace. Are we a country at war If we're not, then nobody whether US or Nigeria should be carrying out aerial bombing.

I can just imagine now, the US will be bombing indiscriminately and GEJ and Sambo will be thanking them!
their drones ar already flying...
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by JimmyBoy1: 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Nobody can fly drone over our airspace without our consent.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by frankobaba(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
Capnd143: DRONE.PDF

mumu!
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Malawian(m): 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
We igbos are prepared to dash the americans 100% of our oil if they can peacefully excise us from this cursed country! If it was the british coming with drones, i am sure all those forming concerned nigerians would have been all for it. Msheeew.

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
Malawian: We igbos are prepared to dash the americans 100% of our oil if they can peacefully excise us from this cursed country! If it was the british coming with drones, i am sure all those forming concerned nigerians would have been all for it. Msheeew.

Unfortunately you lot don't have any oil.The oil belongs to the Ijaw nation.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by michealade(m): 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
I dnt tink we nid dose drones....us drones had neva dun sumtin gudt
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by jamst(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
this shows dat GEJ is a puppet of the dis-united state of zionist(d.u.s.z),if it was pres. yaradua(rip) will he allow any drone attack in d country?I notice dat this drones av been flying our airspace due 2 some strange roaring sound I heard 4rm d sky witout seeing an flying object.And now,(d.u.s.z) want 2 start killing innocent people indiscriminately using 'an excuse dey created' which is boko haram..AN EXPERIMENT dat FAILED (i.e) a plan 2 distabilize d country via religious conflict btw muslim & xtian
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Localtrouble: 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
Jeejile:

Yes, they should hurry to come and finish (bomb) Niger Delta and steal oil. Of course, that's their target cause they have no business with Nigeria apart from oil. May God protect us from their evil.
Isn't that what the North has been doing for only God knows how Long? What else have you been romancing the ND for? You can't even stand the sight of a President from the ND extraction. If you lot could romance with the West to the extent of being baptized with the Born to rule mentality..why are you now crying fowl? Una paddy men don dump una cause they now have a better deal from the original owners of property. No to this, No to that! Make una shut up joor! If this will put all the greedy Northern Politicians who are bent on ruling by force in their place..so be it! The Country is tired of the mess caused by these mai-goros. They never ruled well anyway, now they are making a southern Leader look stupid cause they can't play in the rain again. No President ever had it this bad..Idiots!!
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Malawian(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
1stCitizen:

Unfortunately you lot don't have any oil.The oil belongs to the Ijaw nation.
if you say so. I am sure anambra, imo, abia and PH are also ijaw territory. Btw, have you asked the ijaw one of whom is jonathan if they want the americans here?

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Truckpusher(m): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Malawian: if you say so. I am sure anambra, imo, abia and PH are also ijaw territory. Btw, have you asked the ijaw one of whom is jonathan if they want the americans here?
And port Harcourt is now an igbo city?....Lmao...the longer throat for port Harcourt is a potential downfall for another Biafra republic.
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by Truckpusher(m): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
It's bad already that the US is talking abt extending their assassination program called drones towards Nigeria, but what's more appalling at the same time pathetic is that some Nigerian youths are happy with this development reason being that this deadly program would be limited to the North, but they fail to understand that any civil unrest with a huge magnitude to disrupt civilian lives and eventually cause chaos would spiral down south and before anyone can say 'jack Robinson' we're In a bItter cIvIl war...I pity Mumu Nigerians we need re-education because most us just went school we didn't do any studying at all...mtcheew

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by PedroJP(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
Truckpusher: This is what I call bullying, for how long will the west continue to bully sovereign states all in the name of security....I wouldn't blame them because those that fail to learn from history repeats the same mistake all over again.
The Roman empire bullied almost every nation in the ancient world for many centuries, but it only took a ragtag Germanic tribes men army with their warlord a Roman trained soldier to batter down the gates of Rome and sent the whole world back to the dark ages and here we're again bullying countries that are militarily weak-little wonder why Ahmadinejad and Iran is insisting on possessing a nuclear capability...tell me who would want to bully a nation that is armed to the teeth with strong hearted leadership?...smh for our Nigerian brothers who are wishing for a drone attack on our northern brothers just because we don't agree.
my dear u used the word brothers but we don't really experience the love brothers do share in dis country. Hav u ever felt the pain of losing someone dear to u ? Better we get killed by outsiders than get killed by so called brothers. The drones shud come first then if used indiscriminately and kills almost all,better than been killed by our brothers. If the drones will leave few that will start this country afresh with united and brotherly mind,so b it. We are existing rather than living in dis our Nigeria. Need no verbal attack pls
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by PedroJP(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
Truckpusher: This is what I call bullying, for how long will the west continue to bully sovereign states all in the name of security....I wouldn't blame them because those that fail to learn from history repeats the same mistake all over again.
The Roman empire bullied almost every nation in the ancient world for many centuries, but it only took a ragtag Germanic tribes men army with their warlord a Roman trained soldier to batter down the gates of Rome and sent the whole world back to the dark ages and here we're again bullying countries that are militarily weak-little wonder why Ahmadinejad and Iran is insisting on possessing a nuclear capability...tell me who would want to bully a nation that is armed to the teeth with strong hearted leadership?...smh for our Nigerian brothers who are wishing for a drone attack on our northern brothers just because we don't agree.
my dear u used the word brothers but we don't really experience the love brothers do share in dis country. Hav u ever felt the pain of losing someone dear to u ? Better we get killed by outsiders than get killed by so called brothers. The drones shud come first then if used indiscriminately and kills almost all,better than been killed by our brothers. If the drones will leave few that will start this country afresh with united and brotherly mind,so b it. We are existing rather than living in dis our Nigeria. Need no verbal attack pls
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by PedroJP(m): 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
Promoe:
After someone made this comment, i know came to conclusion that many people don't know the meaning of drone or what it is.
whether we know what it is or not,if it can curb the menace of boko haram,good and even better. Will it mean anything more than death that the boko's are no different from ? If u are afraid to die only for u to live to hear the news of some killed by ur own brothers then u must be a coward. If our death can bring peace,unity and oneness in Nigeria so be it. That has been our pledge so y do we not support any means capable of helping us attain that ?
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by PedroJP(m): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
[quote author=jude33084]

Why didnt you stand up to challenge Boko Haram ? My dear ask them ooooo
Re: U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S by lollarj(f): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
when the CIA say they 'plan to' you better believe theyre already 2 steps ahead of that. The drones are already airborne and authorised by our govt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal / UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.